Dota 2 General - /d2g/

Yuri Edition

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator:dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dotabuff.com/learn/lol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuTA

SHOVING THE LANES

They don't have buyback, and Riot fines them if they call GG before the not-ancient dies. Not kidding.

Give a shitter 3k advice on how to be less shit! Are any coaches worthwhile, is watching streams actually helpful?

they removed revive?

waht if u culd slow towers' ms?

Did Chessie bet on Secret?

>Naga has 3.2 agi gain
>TB has 3.2 agi gain
>PL has 2.8 agi gain
IT'S NOT FAIR

name a worse hero

when someone picks this trash hero on my team i know its -25

What if heroes would have to suck off creeps to get gold instead of killing them?

I want to lick her stomach

PL gets 30 bonus agility, that's at least 3.8 factored in and it's instant so it's better.

raindrop
drop top

Watch in-game matches and tournaments
Use dotabuff or opendota to find out what you need to improve on top of watching your own matches

me too

they removed it but even when it was in, barely anybody used it because you only got one choice of summoner spell (since flash was a given) and there was usually something better for your role

Who do you think is statistically the most cancerous and broken hero throughout all of dota 2? It's between Bat, BH, and Wisp

dark seer and earth spirit would be contenders for that title as well, wouldn't you say?

Bat, Wisp, or Earth Spirit.

>terrorblade now unironically has Good Wallâ„¢ at level 20 with 100% damage and 92% uptime in a fuckhuge aoe
???

Yes
But you have a terrorblade attached to that

Bat, I never want to see this shitter comming back to meta.

>tfw every time I see bh I still think of blood hunter
as for your question, nature's prophet

you have ten seconds to be as neo-icefrog as possible

there is a hero in this game that has literally 1 build, 1 play style, farms 3x faster than anyother hero in the game, has 2 passives that both make you unable to cast spells/make your spells less impactful, has a free escape from fights/farming steroid, plus is stylized to appeal to weebs.
how is that not the most cancerous hero.

>What is it with league-babbies and wanting the dumbest shit to force them to play in the most boring, predictable ways?

>doesn;t actually explain what is wrong with this idea 'LMAO ITS JUST DOMB AND FROM LEEG Xd dXd'
Why do dotards get so fucking triggered over legit casual discussions like this, holy fuck the inferiority complex is insane.

new talent makes avalanche 1000 aoe

standing towers can now be moved to a position of a destroyed one. Takes 1 minute to move

WELL DONE, SWINDLE, WELL DONE. HOWEVER.

>1 build, 1 play style
mfw icefraud cant do nothing about it because even touching this shitty hero, would resolve in shitters crying about it being le ruined!

Avalanche reworked. Now creates 4/5/6/7 boulders, stunning enemy units around them. If a tree is thrown at any boulder, it continues to bounce between them up to 5 times, dealing normal Tree Throw damage each time. Aghanim's Scepter: removes bounce limit.

New Item:
KYS
Kaya+SnY
same stats as both items
Passive-Ultimate Ultimate Upgrade: provides the aghs bonus. If you also have an aghs, provides a new, much more powerful bonus

he literally did explain what's wrong with it, it's a contrived "mechanic" that serves only to shoehorn you to into a predictable playstyle

toss works on allied buildings

Hand of Midas: item removed

nose piercings always look so god damn stupid, no matter who has them. guy or girl, doesn't matter. always looks like a fucking bad decision.

A Lanaya before I go to bed

>he literally did explain what's wrong with it
No he didn't, just saying 'boring, predictable' is insanely fucking vague. How can you call shit like shoehorning anything when dota literally gets like 50 fucking million shoehorning mechanics added to the game every patch, especially around lanning like the fucking extra creep mid, constantly fuicking with the side lane creep equilibrium ect

> predictable playstyle
This literally has 0 meaning when we are talking about a global mechanic, different heroes in different drafts are going to behave differently around this

>losing to a team with a standin who cant even communicate with everyone else

does this prove shitters wrong? A team literally playing 4v5 while 1 player secures the late game is winning

>pick gyro
>lose
unsurprising

Secret getting carried by chink standin

na draft baka

They camped mid with two extra heroes, Chessie was too retarded to stop walking into the river and fed several kills a minute for multiple minutes.

Aghs gives tiny boulder grab, bounce limit upgrade reworked into talent tree.
Boulder grab grants your next 2 autoattack a short stun and applies break

DUDE

>picking meleecreepblade

what is pangolier's pickrate in 6k+ games

>like the fucking extra creep mid
people literally complained about this when it was announced, when it was introduced, while it was in the game, right up until it was literally removed from the fucking game, for being a shitty shoehorn mechanic

>constantly fuicking with the side lane creep equilibrium
adjustments to the creep equilibrium is just altering an already existing mechanic to affect balance which has been done for years, that is absolutely nothing like introducing a new out-of-left-field shoehorn mechanic to try to force a particular outcome

>ect
wow you came up with two examples of shoehorns in dota both of which were invalid, while providing no further actual basis for your shitty league of keks idea

>is called Weaver
>Dazzle has Weave

>Disruptor
>Shadow Demon has Disruption

>Sniper has Assassinate
>not Templar/Phantom/Stealth/Nyx Assassin

DOOOOO
TUUUURRRRDDDSSS

>run roughshod

>queue into euw
>zero communication
>midgame completely falls apart
>bristleback just starts randomly feeding down mid with sentrys and feeding our courier even though i recover midgame and win us several fights and take towers off the back of my ult as death prophet
>he keeps feeding
>everyone just afks in team fights, literally not even moving
>Kaya, Aether, Veil Phoenix
>Aether, Euls Ogre
>zero force staffs
>zero glimmer capes
>clinkz builds orchid, solar crest and desolator and no BKB versus a fucking invoker
>lose hard
>check profiles
>mix of south americans and eastern europeans

why am i not fucking surprised.

is this hero just shit or can i safely blame the fourth worlders I had on my team?

>esports on when it's gameshitter o'clock
this thread ain't comfy

>Doom
>Doom

WEAVE

Coming from lol, I've been trying a few beginner heroes like wraith king, viper and cristal maiden, but they're pretty boring, so I might as well ask for heroes closer to what I play

Are there any traditional supports with heals, shields, speed buffs, etc, tanky heroes with gap closers that can trap people, and adcs that switch between melee and range?

no lmao

>traditional supports with heals, shields, speed buffs, etc
Omniknight
>tanky heroes with gap closers that can trap people
Clockwork
>adcs that switch between melee and range
Troll Warlord. I don't know what a fucking adc is though

When is the new ranking coming out?

LMAO

there are two heroes in the game that switch between melee/range: troll warlord and dragon knight
as for the rest i don't know what you're talking about

>switch between melee and range?

Literally Troll Warlord, also Dragon Knight and Terrorblade.

Well, most people just build a Blink Dagger if they need a gap closer. Otherwise I'd say Centaur/Slardar cause they just run up and stun people. If you want to trap people Nature's Prophet for trees. If you want to chain-stun Spirit Breaker.

>traditional support
No fuck off supports aren't cucks whose sole existence is to make their carry stronger.

>traditional supports with heals, shields, speed buffs
Abaddon has those things but I wouldn't call him a traditional support. Dazzle is probably the easiest heal-focused support, but watch your positioning. Getting a grave off is more important than right clicking.
>adcs that switch between melee and range?
no idea what a fucking adc is but Troll Warlord switches between melee and range

>traditional supports with heals

off the top of my head
Dazzle (heals and a ass saving spell that can make someone not drop below 1 HP), Omniknight, Chen, Abaddon (shields also), Oracle, Wyvern (% based heal, stuns ally and makes them immune for roughly 4 seconds), Witch Doctor (heal falls off in late game), Keeper of the Light (with an item called aghanim's scepter

>adc

attack damage carry or what lolfags refer to as a carry

is blitz the BIGGEST faggot in the world or what

no i am ;~;

Ummmm dota supports are the traditional ones here sweetie.
Abbadon fits your LoL definition of a support but he sucks as a support desu

>BH and WD again
>NP again

CoL must feel confident in countering them better after getting rekt by them

Pupper better ban IO

Is blitz literally 5 feet tall?

dotabuff.com/learn/lol

I wish lacoste would fuck off forever, jesus christ he is such an annoying psudointellectual parroting retarded faggot

What happened to Tiny Io duo

dotards!

>adjustments to the creep equilibrium is just altering an already existing mechanic

absolutely irrelevant unless you are going to use some insanely broad definition of 'shoehorning', the entire idea behind this is to specifically shoehorn certain playstyles into these lanes, period.

>that is absolutely nothing like introducing a new out-of-left-field shoehorn mechanic to try to force a particular outcome

What I'm suggesting isn't anywhere near as unique as you are making this out to be, literally all I'm saying is weaken tier 1 towers further, possibly with relevant numbers in regards to the specific lane, and / or add a bounty for the first tower killed. This like less of a change than swapping the pull camps.

>wow you came up with two examples of shoehorns in dota both of which were invalid

>refreshing glyph after each tier 1 killed
>swapping the pull camp to a small camp
>removing more pulls from the game

>while providing no further actual basis for your shitty league of keks idea

Literally no one actually gave a specific address to the original point, all you've done so far is defend the use of vague buzzwords and haven't once actually either elaborated on what you meant, or even actually give me a specific answer in terms of the effect on gameplay that this would have.

Like again, I suggest this shit in the most casual way possible and you're fucking frothing at the mouth

>traditional supports with heals, shields, speed buffs, etc
abaddon, dazzle, omniknight, oracle, warlock, winter wyvern, wisp, witch doctor all fit that in one way or another

clockwerk and maybe tusk are probably the only hero that i think strictly fit that definition but let's say tanky heroes that are good for initiating (axe, centaur, magnus, slardar, tidehunter) and tanky heroes that are good for sticking to enemy ADCs (bristleback, doom, night stalker, timbersaw)

>adcs that switch between melee and range?
dragon knight, lone druid, terrorblade, troll warlord all ADCs that swap between melee/ranged but let's say ranged ADC (drow ranger, luna, medusa, sniper, templar assassin) and melee ADC (alchemist, antimage, juggernaut, phantom assassin, slark, sven, ursa), melee tends to be more mobile and survivable and overall more popular in dota

>"hm it's late but it's not that late, let's play a quick ranked game"
>end up as the highest mmr in a 4k average game
>have to play mid qop to have an impact because LMAO offlane sucks for impact now
>control the game from start to finish, act as team captain on voice chat
>farming and ganking like my life depends on it
>do EE-style "GET BACK GET BACK" screams to save my team from throws multiple times
>deliver surgical hex/bloodthorn initiations on the enemy medusa or windrunner in just about every teamfight
>my pos 1 throws a shitfit in traditional 4k style and basically goes AFK-pushes the rest of the match
>we still barely win off the skin of our teeth
>sweating like crazy, a headache creeps into my skull, adrenaline popping off, slight stomach cramping
>supposed to go to bed now

and this is why i play offlane or roam

>HE THINKS WE'RE GETTING RANKED TODAY

what if KAYA SANGE YASHA becomes the recipe for bloodstone just for the memes

I mean, you're technically right. Nu-Ranked is coming tomorrow.

why did the pos1 get upset?

just change bloodstone active to something else and put it on KYS

>act as team captain on voice chat
instantly muted, dumb frogposter

is this seriously a carry veno

I hate this game but I keep coming back

core veno has been a thing on-and-off for a long time

>fatard

I mean carry not core, like is he gonna build damage? or aghs veil

something about wards and support

i never said anything to him throughout the entire match, i think our other tilted guy (support) tilted him with his tilt. i ended up muting both so i didn't know what they were saying after i realized he was just going to write "0 wards where team i afk" in chat all game

man if you let a bunch of 4k players do whatever they want against medusa in a dota match, all they will do is look for kills and maybe farm until medusa is 6 slotted and attack moves into their base. we literally would have 100% lost if i hadn't steered everyone to objectives constantly. i hate doing team captain stuff but it's sometimes absolutely mandatory

core veno can go either way but usually dips a bit into both i think, and one of the biggest draws is the wards with x3 damage/hp talent

its funny because even in my 3k games i feel my teams are intelligent enough to know how to end against heavy late game lineups. an opposing team greedily picked medusa and AM yesterday and we were able to easily end the game by 30 minutes no problem with minimal direction.

>Ace missing that last hit

shitter

he and purge yeah

>Ace

more like

>bigfAce

:^)

Ringmaster
Agility/Ranged(600)

Q: Create a radius 400 ring of fire at the target location for 10 seconds. Enemies that touch the ring will be set ablaze, taking magical damage over time. Has 400 flying vision.
Burn duration: 6
Burn damage: 20/30/40/50
Cast range: 600
CD: 6 Mana: 65/70/75/80

W: Create a phantasmal lion at the target location for 15 seconds. Lions are invulnerable, immobile, have 300 ground vision, and attack the nearest enemy unit every 1 second. Has 3 charges.
Lion attack damage: 35/50/65/80
Lion attack range: 150
Charge replenish time: 40
Mana: 50

E: Vector targeted. Ringmaster cracks his whip at the targeted lion, causing it to leap 300 units in the drawn direction. Lions get an additional attack against all units within attack range at the end of their leap. (This ability is tied to the W.)
Cast point: 0.5
CD: 0 Mana: 20

D: Ringmaster's attacks change colors as they fly through the air, shifting every 100 units. When a unit is hit, Ringmaster gains a balloon that is the color of the attack as it landed. Ringmaster gains bonus attack damage for each color of balloon he has. (Attacks stop changing color after traveling past 600 units.)
Bonus damage per color: 14/16/18/20
Balloon duration: 2/4/6/12

R: Ringmaster hypnotizes an enemy unit, increasing the damage it takes and forcing it to walk towards him.
Duration: 3
Damage increase: 25%/30%/35%
Cast range: 700
CD: 100/80/60 Mana: 75

>spAce