Anybody watched this yet? Historically accurate? Worth a watch?

Anybody watched this yet? Historically accurate? Worth a watch?

Watched 20 min started puking! But the girls in the threesome are nice

I started the first episode couldn't get into it with the switch between narration and acting

It dies down after a while. However, the show changes some things to make it more dramatic. Like Faustina dying in germania.

Why does everything that burgers touch instantly turn into pleb tier prolecult hogwash?

Maximum audience reception. Just turns out most people are pleb-tier proles.

Apparently fake tits and steroids were a thing back in ancient Rome.

Stuff like that isn't even what borders me the most, the bullshit their "experts" talk is far worse.

Example?

They stole scenes from The BBC 2003 documentary on the Colosseum.

American companies have this idea that people don't like to be challenged. Which is fucking stupid, serious long form television is huge in America these days and nobody complains, but conventional wisdom only changes when old people die.

It's garbage, makes commodous out to be some sort of victim instead of a massive autist like he really was. Acting is stupid and bad, same 3 shots of ancient Rome over and over again. Retard "historians" dumbing down history again.

Why the fuck did they choose commodous anyway? Literally the least interesting period of Roman history.

This

The "historians" are all authors of books like "the rise of the Roman Empire" or an assistant professor at a literally where? University

Do you think the historians feel dirty after saying incorrect/simplified things for money?

Honestly i always suspect they don't dumb it down as much as we think they do, I tend to believe the networks edit so much out that they think viewers don't care about

Not him, but I think they feel nothing because they're only after money, not educating the average person.

>the rise of the Roman Empire

like Polybius?

I think it's a mix of both. Yes they get edited, but they also know what the producers want to hear.

>Anybody watched this yet?
Nope. Was looking forward to it.
>Historically accurate?
I highly doubt it.
>Worth a watch?
If I can put aside my aut/his/m and just enjoy some nonsense.

I'm very good at my caring about historical accuracy in movies and such, but this is bad on accuracy, acting, and plot in general

Nice dubs. Anyhow, preach it user. It's all about the money. People like us crave historical accuracy, to have true respect payed to ancient peoples. However, the average prole in this country doesn't give a fuck about that; they want it to be flashy and require little thought to keep up with. Fucking normies.

I sure hope so; they deserve shame.

Only out the first 15 min didn't watch more:
Stating exact population numbers like we have any sources about this and can make more than vague guesses with the help of archeologists.
Making speculations about his character (arrogance, taught he was something special...), while not stating that that's how he was depicted in the sources(Roman historiography) we have which are ether written after his death or pro senat.
Making a problem out of his being the first emperor who wasn't adopted since Domitian. While the adopting system was most likely just a solution for nerva being to old/without a son, Traian dying in the field and thinking he was alex and so named no heir.Most likely Harrison just said he was adopted after his death. Hardrian was gay shit continued again no heir by them they were used to it so Pius was named. For him bad luck again (no son)this time 2 heirs l verus/m aurel, verus dies M Aurel has a son so finally Rome could go back to business. I won't deny that hin being caesar had from his on (like caligula,nero,Domitian bevor) but it wasn't only negativ and it was no "choice" of Marc Aurel.
Can't tell if it get's better by time (I hope so) but I don't want the invest 5/6h when I'll start getting angry at every second sentence. I'll rather watch something about a subject where I have no clur at all so I don't see the errors.

*him being caesar from youth on had disadvantages
Sorry to much raging so I forgot some words hope my thoughts are understandable

Were can I download it? can't find it in any of my cuck sites

Are you seriously so poor you can't afford Netflix?

yes

>or an assistant professor at a literally where? University

This is why history and classics as disciplines are dying.

What would it take for good historical media to be popular again?

They can't, there's no money in it.

No idea. Why don't we have a new version of Rome? That show was among the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Watched first 4 mins. Fight choreography was awful. Cringed and couldn't watch anymore if that was an indication of how the rest would play out.

It was ok but needed a higher budget. Felt like I was watching a cheap history channel documentary with nudity.

Because Gladiator
That's literally why