/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 23rd of November:
1174 – Saladin enters Damascus, and adds it to his domain.
1510 – First campaign of the Ottoman Empire against the Kingdom of Imereti (modern western Georgia). Ottoman armies sack the capital Kutaisi and burn Gelati Monastery.
1889 – The first jukebox goes into operation at the Palais Royale Saloon in San Francisco.
1940 – World War II: Romania becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
1943 – World War II: The Deutsche Opernhaus on Bismarckstraße in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg is destroyed. It will eventually be rebuilt in 1961 and be called the Deutsche Oper Berlin.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 20/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056224

EU4 DD 21/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056463

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The Endatal
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AFl85nVzpKU
youtube.com/watch?v=SOwz3XVJJyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nerds

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

anime

yeehaw

>

see:

>white boys

shut the fuck up

>based boys

So my last attempt got fucked up by an untimely peasant revolt on my capital, so I will be starting again.
What religion should I use for my Dyre the Stranger > Republic of Socotra game? From the little bit I got to try it out it has a ton of potential with all the trade routes, the Aden Duchy alone has like 4.

Anyway, my question posed to /gsg/, is what religion should I pick up on the way? I could do Shi'a Hashashin memes, Nestorian/Messalian, Zoroastrian, Jewish. I could try and pick up a Chinese religion.
Also, should I culture shift, and if so to what?

>giving up at the first sign of trouble
kys

Sunni

convert to the local religion (nestorian?) and fend off the dozens of holy wars youll have to face.
maybe settle sri lanka

So how often does AI pull this shit?

I checked it and it was actually german tank divisions pushing that snake towards India.

this is what happens when the ai watches reddit youtubers

The capital is Socotra. Socotra is an island. I couldn't raise mercenaries and my levies were freshly depleted. The game ended.
Unfortunately Lanka isn't really worth settling. It also isn't as impossible to survive now that there are more de jure kingdoms in Arabia, so I won't get raped by a Jihad for "Arabia"
At least not in my core rich provinces

>user mentions snaking 3 years ago and how bad it was
>Paradox reading threads for AI suggestions
>hotfix adds this back
FRENCH NAVVARA WHEN

Those are trade paths

Thoughts on this BASED STRATEGY youtu.be/AFl85nVzpKU

made it 20 secs in
do i win anything?

EU4 Yugoslavia DLC when?

Have mods/janny given up on this place?

i havent been banned in fucking ever, so i guess.

>wanting a DLC for the most disgusting place on earth

How realistic is it for colonial garrisons to be armed with longbows at the very start of the colonization of the new world?

Just turn native co existence on and don't use garrisons

Seeing as they were used in James' I reign I see no problem

How would you represent irreligious nations/populations in an EU4 mod that stretches into the early 1900s?

I'm thinking Pluralism/Secularism/Atheism all under the 'irreligious' banner. Pluralists use the buddhist harmony mechanic, Secularists can choose a secondary religion like Tengri (to represent the dominant religion in the country), Atheists idk maybe just some harsh penalties and then good stability bonuses once they have high religious unity.

The only spread-able 'religion' of the three would be Secularism to represent a general non-concern of the population with religion.

>eu4 past napoelonic wars
It just stops working then, maybe when trenches happen we could

Just a friendly reminder that only Alex Grandi is autistic enough to finish a gsg mod, ignore all other modposters.

Fuck you.

Communism is basically a religion, so there you go.

just finished a multiplayer game with a friend. How did I do?(I'm Italy btw)

WE ARE DOING IT REDDIT

He's also autistic enough to ruin the general because he gets off to trying to control the community.

Co-op against the AI is for losers.
If you aren't trying to kill each other, it's a pointless cakewalk.

sick blob m8
now post pops

Is there a way to make factories always profitable? I'm trying to find a way to make the AI more competitive industrially. In the end game the AI seems to not be able to build units because they don't have access to firearms or some other required good. I'm trying to find a way to prevent this.

Maybe change the amounts that are produced, or the amounts that required by units. Maybe adjust the base price too.

In what direction tho? If I make everything cheaper the factories might just shut down quicker, if I make everything more expensive units wont get their equipment.

Can't you just add some goods to the AI's stockpile?

By tag switching you mean?

By modding an event that checks what resources the AI is lacking and adding some of those.

Warsaw Pact girls were cute!

Reminder that the easiest way to tell apart was because girls joked among themselves Slav women didn't shave, and Ossis/etc did.

How about making them require less input goods to produce? If there's demand for the guns they're making, that should improve their bottom line.

I don't understand why Vanilla EU4 has those single-province saage tribes as playable nations on South America, but MEIOU&Taxes doesn't.
I like playing as them on Vanilla and just defending Brazil against the europeans, specially since i'm br myself.

How come MEIOU disabled those dudes? I don't enjoy playing as the incans & astecs & mayans as much.

>It just stops working then, maybe when trenches happen we could

I feel like this could be very roughly abstracted with new defensive buildings that are cheap/razeable and prolong combat with hefty defensive bonuses. I have no idea how the AI would handle it, though. Probably not well at all.

Isn't there a separate native countries pack for MEIOU that they cut out from the base mod in the interests of performance? I recall an African pack too.

How do I increase my ducats income?
Eu 4 plz

white and based

book+bird mana investments and buildings
war reperations, vassals and colonies

Oh, is there? I'll look it up.
I just installed the main mod, since i'm new and i didn't knew that MEIOU was all cut into little pieces of content that you have to download separately.

Is it worth downloading all the addons though? My computer isn't really that good.

>Is it worth downloading all the addons though
>My computer isn't really that good.
Probably not in that case.

yeehaw

Is building up gold provinces a meme? It seemed to be really worthwhile in the older version, idk about now.
Is there a powerank of all resources?

Depends on what country you're playing and what ideas you have.

>Report and ignore it.
>Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
He's back!

>gold
I rarely end up with them, can't say much, but why not try to bird them up and see what happens?
>powerrank
I guess, grain and fish are less valuable then cloth and wine for example.

I also forgot to mention trade earlier, but that should be a given.

download the whole mod pack, its all there just under download

build all gold provinces to 10 then leave them, otherwise inflation kills you

Where? I can't see it

yeehaw

>pope excomminicates me
>pay 700g for him to lift it
>6 months later same pope excommunicates me again
Guess it's time to burn Rome down to the ground.

weak
should be ORTHODOX OTTOMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=SOwz3XVJJyI

Kicking off the crusades early

>pagan piece of shit
>crusading
Fuck off.

Gold provinces are super valueable to develop with dip.

Getting them up to like 9 base production is pretty safe.
I've had like dussins at 9 and they haven't collapsed throughout the entire game.

CK2+ or HIP?

hello butthurt p*p*st

_________no______

ck2+ for the mechanics and gameplay
hip for the map

Get fucked, Abbashits

deus KEK!
Give every individual county to 15+ stewardship whitemen so it flips in 50 years.

>king kikestein
Get out.

what game?

Okay

want to start a new EU IV game, gimme a fun thing to do. Should I go and make America great again by picking one of the tribes, should I remove kebab as always was Serbia or should I redpill everyone as beloozero? Any other suggestions?

Serbia IS kebab.

CK 2.

Naples, unite Italy, remove kebab, convert all of northern africa to calvin

You should do just like Benjamin Magnus did on his Cusco playthrough; conquer all of the south american tribes and form Inca, and create El Dorado from all the gold you're harvesting

IT's a pretty fun video series to watch, although it is quite old now.

>You should do just like Benjamin Magnus did on his Cusco playthrough
benji pls, noone wants to watch ur shit

speaking of, besides dev multiplayer are there any good paradox streamers?

Make a custom nation.
Ibadi.
Merchant Republic, capitol in europe.
Pick the 0.5 republican tradition school at game start and get 1 republican tradition in your national ideas.

There's literally nothing wrong with benji's videos
Except the occasional fuckup due to his badness

florry I guess

r8 my kingdom
Basically staying North Korea mode until I die so the new vassals love my heir

From 2.8 patch notes:
>Looter armies now only cost 10% maintenance if you are at peace
What. I haven't played Vanilla in years, so maybe it's different from Plus, but this seems like it would be retardedly OP.

how do I trigger the Burgundian inheritance?

>trigger_burgundy_inheritance = 1

I'm having quite a blast with EU4, i'm thinking about pirating EU3 to try it out.

>Hæsteinn Hæsteining

fucking based alex grandi

>stay in bed with eyes closed
>won't fall asleep
3rd day in a row
why

Do you still have your land in europe?
Also
>catholic
Should have went Nestorian

The dynasty is named after him, he is a vanilla character

Consider drug use

Nestorian wouldn't have let me go nuts with holy orders. And yes, I have de jure Brittany + this
About to take Sardinia as well but they just called a Jihad on me