Eve Online general /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training and flying frigates through cruisers are F2P, with some limitations on modules, etc. F2P (already-trained) for a list of 20.4M skillpoints is announced.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm
>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

>Lifeblood "expansion"
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries and more!

Past:
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dnKk2ysyNrA?t=1m40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kys kevin

In which redditors shitpost about tilling their lord's land in nullsec and newfags still don't know how to join All-Out.

>hkpets pretending they aren't redditors

How many alts do you have and what purposed does each serve?

Main
Hauler/market
Alphas I was going to SP farm off of, but I was apparently too late.

Only one subbed account.

>Be me
>Buy ship and equipment for 2,5 bil
>never leave station with that ship
>feels good.

>Bling a Marauder
>Never undock

>win marauder in contest
>never train SP for it

>be me
>trapped at in laws for thanksgiving
>no pc/laptop so can't play
>sick so can't even enjoy getting sauced and watching football
>fml

>corporate holidays

Isnt even a Marauder.

I haven't done nullsec shit in forever, what's the hot meme place to roam these days?

Is it still Querious?

If you enjoy super capitals go to Delve
If you don't enjoy super capitals don't go to null
The guys in null are so bored they are starting to drop supers on cruisers these days

It's like the place turns more gay every time I pay attention to it.

The mining and ratting is better than ever though

Just get your Rorqual fleet and head to delve

Okay, assuming I don't feel the need to endlessly pad my wallet with more money I will never have a reason to spend, is there anything left for me to do in this game anymore?

At least wormholes are free of cynos and endless jewry, or has that changed too?

Memeing just a bit but null is pretty boring for a solo guy. Small gang in some of the meme regions is pretty alright still.

>CCP adds pirate titans to wormholes
Just waiting on this

I'm not on my own, I can get something like 3-10 people to come along with me, I think. Just don't want to take them to some dead region where we don't find anything or everyone docks up the moment we show up in intel channels.

You can do some null sec stuff with a small group like that, probably best to ask them where they wanna go.

I would say out of the major power hubs at least

I don't know the landscape enough to recognize the major power hubs right now, other than by looking at the big red circles on the map.

Last time we went out, a wormhole spat us out in some random constellation with ratters who docked up the second we entered local. Seemed pretty botlike.
Trying to add some direction to the whole thing and figure out where to give it a try next. Either way I'll keep trying until something happens so I'll figure out where to go eventually.

>Last time we went out, a wormhole spat us out in some random constellation with ratters who docked up the second we entered local.

Reminds me of this
youtu.be/dnKk2ysyNrA?t=1m40s

Fake planets

VNI ratting income is minimalistic, even with 5-15 VNIs at 45M/hr, and it's limited by how many anomalies are within proximity. The pricing of PLEXes for just 10 accounts at 1.5B is 15B.. 33.3hrs.; then another 20hrs. is (after factoring the equipment costs of 1B) 8B.

That 53.3hrs., at some sort of money-providing hobby/job @ $5/hr., is 23.3B from retail prices, 60B from RMT prices (Snitches for PLEX). ..It's possible making that $250-$267 with Etsy, for example. The retail prices for playing this game are incredibly archaic and limiting. This is especially explicit if including the industry's responses to paying for advantages (/ experiences beyond main purchases).

This also includes prices of characters, etc. In the most popular fantasy MMO (at it's apex versions), leveling and maxing is defined by a single character having the potential of doing at least 2/11 jobs really well. This is OK, there, because it's a theme park -- leveling in those iterations is a lot of the gameplay.. Prices (now) on getting all 12 classes at lvl 100, out of 110, is $720, mitigating (per character) about 24hrs., at the pricing of about 4 years of subscriptions. 100-110 takes about 15hrs. per character; but after that, instanced PvP is available (arenas and BGs), and normalizes stats to basic templates (for classes) with 1% increases for 10 ilvls -- the average of the top 5 characters for 3v3 arenas being 942.8; for starting out, getting 840 is pretty simple (e.g., a few hours); that's 10.28%.

Here, though, through the main storefront for PLEX purchasing, it's $25k for full stats. Through RMT, it's $9.8k. For the former, that's the pricing 1,667 years of subscriptions -- the latter, 653. The actual subscription SP, at 2520/hr., is 22.61y ($4,080).

The inquiry that this leads to, for the quickest-and-cheap (a lot is actually calculated about, with some room for trading, median ISK prices)..

1/?

(cont'd)

..method of making a character for fully experiencing the game (the ultimate character roleplay), what's a simple aproximation of its worth, even though it's actually priced (excluding purchasing the games) 12.61 times (at RMT prices -- 34.72 for retail) that of WoW?

>le dror shitpost face