>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
Summary:
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Screenshot sharing and campaignposting encouraged!

old ded:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcjWJ9t2Yag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate it when the AI copies my tactics.

Here we go

UNDERSTANDING DENIED

Did the beta thing include RoR for DLC factions?

Quick lads, what was the premier battle cry for ERE or Rome under its various leaders?

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Kholek Suneater? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Lord of the Storm Kholek Suneater. I’m not talking about Mountain God Lord of the Storm Kholek Suneater either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Herald of the Tempest Mountain God Lord of the Storm Kholek Suneater with the Storm Rage and Aura of Chaos (with the Wound Maker abilities and being capable of Giant Killer and Seismic Shock), equipped with his Starcrusher, a perfect Ward Save, control of the Mark of Tzeentch and Nurgles Pestilent Glory, with Khornes Rage implanted in him so he has Frenzy and Poison and can perform his Lightning Storm spell while being an expert in Melee Attack and Defence.

Negro Krakanrok.

Repostan from last thread,
Is Grim and Grave any decent? Heard the lords are lackluster compared to K&W so its mostly wondering if there's anything to it besides what the ai spams; free company militia and corpse carts.

Just build a PC. Want to play Total War Shogun 2. Are the DLC's like additional content or standalone stuff?
Should I get Shogun 2 collection?

OP as fuck for vampire counts, mediocre for empire but still a fair bit of a boost

How vital are the legandary lords in the early game?
I've overused tyrion and teclis and I kinda want to try a a game where I just kick teclis out of command and just play using a prince/princess self insert

I wish I could do that for delves but loyalty bullshit sucks

>Held off playing Empire since the WH1 was released.

Fuck this is satisfying. Gun are so much fun.

Considering they are an Elite army condensed into one, pretty much almost necessary. Though it's still doable without them.

what's really fun is putting a free company in the rear of a melee, firing a few salvos and then charging while roleplaying affixing bayonets

FOR ZE LADY

>Thrones of Britannia lasts from 878 to 1066
>four turns per year
>that's 752 turns
>but content supposedly lasts to 1066
How exactly is this gonna work? This is Total War AI we're talking about, I'll be shocked if most people don't beat it in half of that time.
Are they gonna pull some fucking meme mechanic that prevents you expanding too quickly? -50 public order if you over a settlement number limit?
There's gotta be a catch.

early middle and late start points is my guess

I guess I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm not on legendary anyway

>tfw WH1 is now 20$
Is it worth it lads? How does it compare to the sequel?

>CA insists they have seperate teams working on Historical and Fantasy, yet apparently Thrones of Britannia is going to delay Tomb Kings and Araby DLC until at least next spring

Fots is standalone, and without question the best gun Total War.
RotS is boring, in my honest opinion.
The unit packs and heroes don't really feel very necessary, and it kind breaks the immersion to see 40 guys cut through 500 spearmen in a game that is supposedly trying to be (a bit) realistic.
The clan packs are worth something, but not their asking price. Only the Ikko Ikki get actual unique looking units (they're a collection of revel peasants and monks, so ashigaru are a mixed lot of peasants without shoes and monks). The others can be fun too (especially the gun clan, Otomo) but they don't bring much to the table other than a few bonuses to certain things and maybe giving you an extra unit in the beginning. There are no unique units, maps or anything for them.

What do you guys think of the mod
>Cataph's Kraka Drak: the Norse Dwarfs 2.0
?

Is it radious levels of retarded new units or is it any good?
I figure since foundation is not gonna come any time soon I might as well play some modified dorfs instead of the non-foundation dorfs

Based delusional poster.

Anybody have a roll chart for Attila, Napoleon, and Empire?

Play the regular campaign and if you like it and want more definitely get Fall of the Samurai (the best TW in my opinion).

>delay
it's not coming
just kill yoself my man

Only a couple of interns are working on WH content now
Main guys are doing historyshit

Just about, but do get some mods. And maybe pick up the lord packs. A unit recruitment mod is essential, the armies the AI comes up with is whack. That Advanced AI mod also makes the AI less cowardly.
TWW2 looks a bit better and overall probably has more content (with a simple mod you can play the Old World races in custom at least, and you can fight them on the map) but its performance is so so for me, and I don't think it's worth 60 bucks. 40~ is more reasonable.

I wish historyfags would crawl up into a ball and die already.

Total War deserves an original setting.

Could also consider Shgun II and FOTS as well.

I think its alright. It makes the dwarves more melee oriented and gives them some buildings to deal with the bullshit amounts of chaos corruption up there. The difference is you don't have a lot of the higher tech units dwarves are normally known for such as cannons (They only have grudge throwers I believe) , riflemen, and iron drakes.

I'd say its an interesting start compared to badlands bowl.

>New updates for Rome 2
>Features from both Attilla and Warhammer
What is with them fetishising Rome?

It wouldn't surprise me if they're working on both, but with the historical stuff getting the majority of the time. Attila and TWW1 were developed by largely the same, but released pretty close to each other.
I got you senpai

Sounds interesting. I always wanted the dorfs to be a bit more melee focused, all the ranged shit makes them feel like elves desu senpai

Thanks my senpai!

*largely the same team

you can't both be senpai, get it right

I just want the Southlands to be less boring. Is that too much to ask?

This will help with my torrented Rome 2

Just a couple of months more mortal

>six months

That's too long.

>spoiler for R2
Nigga most people here hate R2 to this fucking day, nobody minds if you pirate it.
I thinks it's decent now tbqh but then I like Empire so maybe my opinion is invalid

How would you guys feel about Total War: Alexander?

Yeah dude. Give them a shot.

Here is a picture of their roster in custom battle. You can see they have like nothing for ranged but a bunch of new melee.

based Alexander poster

Doesn't this already exist?

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET BETTER AT BEASTMEN CAMPAIGN?

wait so the beta is just the lord changes to old world? still no RoR for chaos or norsca in yet?

Minotaurs

STOP PLAYING IT

Yeah but it's ridiculously easy, phalanxes and R1 cav trivialize every battle.
Very very soon!
t. Grace

Thanks for the roll chart! Just need to find an Empire and Napoleon one.

*singlehandedly breaks your shield wall*

Alright, you just sold it to me. Are any of the WH1 DLCs worth the money?

Not that user
I wouldn't recommend beastmen. King and the Warlord campaigns are fun. I enjoy wood elves too.

Yes

MADA MADA

Volkmar has nothing from about him. Does he ever get gud?

I was looking to get Total War Warhammer, I'm looking to get the first game because it runs on Linux. (/g/ infected me with it's autism and now I avoid Windows whenever I can.) Is all that DLC worth it? At the sale price it more than doubles the price of the game.

I'd say Norsca is the best DLC they made for the game, though 10 bucks is a bit pricey for a faction with a roster that is around 50% new and 50% that's in the base game.
King and Warlord is probably the best next to Norsca. Skarsnik is fun (if OP as hell with his red line skills) and Belegar feels like what the Dwarfs were supposed to be (very good but very expensive units)
Grim and Grave is okay but I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for it, unless you really want flagellants and Free company militia. The Empire feels kind of incomplete without them.
Beastmen are fun on the main campaign but the minicampaign that comes with it is really lackluster. Also, they lack two very important units from the tabletop. Worth 7 bucks I'd say.
Wood Elves have a decent mini campaign but I personally never got into them on the main campaign. However, they have one of the most complete rosters in the game.
Chaos and obviously not worth it. The latter only looks remotely good with a mod that tones it down and the former only got a decent campaign in the Foundation update earlier this year. Get as cheap as possible, or pirate.
Bretonnia is free, so obviously get them. Fun campaign going crusading the Elves/Norsca/Orcs too.

*Chaos and "Blood and Gore" are

Why does Marienturd have so many rock skulls?

The very stone itself is pained at being so close to so many jews.

Realm of the Wood Elves: I enjoy playing as the wood elves but even at a sale price of $13 its a bit much. The faction is fun though and I enjoy their gimmick of not really holding territory but just having tree outposts there. Its almost like playing a horde but with a little more base building and having a giant tree fort back in Athel Loren.

I'd recommend Chaos as its only $5. Like Said with the foundation update really made the the chaos campaign more enjoyable now that you can just kick norsca tribal leader ass and instantly vassal them afterwords.

King and the Warlord are great fun.

Norsca is pretty good but not actually on sale so you can always buy it later if you fall in love with the game and decide you want more.

lords in the pack are worthless, all about the regiments of renown

I'm not a neet anymore so I'll just buy the base game at the sale price and use the money I saved to get nuDoom. I was going to get Doom later when I upgrade from my r7 260 (or maybe it's a 360 that's what neofetch says but I remember buying a GPU in 2014) so I just hope the game will run and look better than console.

>Norsca is pretty good but not actually on sale so you can always buy it later if you fall in love with the game and decide you want more.
Exactly what I plan to do. It's not like I'm going to play this game heavily anyway. Most of my time playing video games is spent on roguelikes and fighting games.

>Yeah but it's ridiculously easy, phalanxes and R1 cav trivialize every battle.

That sounds like a personal problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=IcjWJ9t2Yag

nuDoom is actually pretty well optimized, from my experience. You should be able to get it running well at High at very least.

So this is what a Blessed Horned Ones unit with max rank and all leadership bonuses looks like

I dont have any of the technology bonuses for them though
How does this compare to unique blood knights and regular maxed grail knights? (their unit sizes should be 40 for comparison)

rats of peace

Am I the only one in the whole world that really wants a Total War Dr. Eggman? I swear this is the one Sonic spin-off / fiction Beast Total War everyone doesn't know they want. Measure of Total War game that is an inverse of XCOM where you were the aliens trying to terrorize people into surrendering while the resistance group tries to protect the cities and read your bases. Multiplayer can just be between different Eggmans from different dimensions because it's Sonic the Hedgehog and there's something obscenely stupid in every game.

I'm a little surprised Sega has owned creative assembly for over 5 years it hasn't done this already. I wonder if they considered it internally and dropped it for Warhammer or some other Sonic spin-off nobody wanted.

With Vulcan? I think I saw some people on the forums claiming poor performance with my card by think that was in your launch before Vulcan was available. it would definitely look great at High,I'm pretty sure the PS4 version is equivalent to running on low.

1 turn too slow you greedy fuck.

Wew.

Out of spite, I'm asking for requests for more mod ideas while I work on the feral cold ones mod. Send me any mod ideas you want to see implemented, as long as they don't require me reskinning a unit.

Would be fun as a quick spinoff title. I mean, they let their fans create their own OCs in the actual fucking game last time, so why not?

>they let their fans create their own OCs in the actual fucking game
Source? I thought you could only do that if you had cancer

>you will never slither your salaciously sexy sclhong into sigvald's supple and succulent south end

Just google Sonic forces OC maker. And it's not a small feature either, the character is involved in the story and has voice actors and everything.

Make Flagellants recruitable at the same Barracks tier as Free Company.

I, the first Temujin poster, will post the rightful ruler of all the world, the bedder of a thousand women and the conquerer of all before him until we get a proper Mongol total war.

based Temujin poster

Wouldn't that make flagellants the best Tier 1 infantry in the game?

Also holy shit that cold one mod was easy.

>Would be fun as a quick spinoff title.
and easy to market to a broad audience. tell Sonic fans it's a game with their Doctor Eggman and they get to take over the world. Then turn around and tell fans of strategy games that it's XCOM but you are the aliens.

I could pitch this to a Sega executive within the time it takes to write an elevator up a few floors. I'd be a little surprised if this never occurred to either Sega and Creative Assembly.

Don't forget that Chrishu was upset he couldn't recreate Sonichu.

>actual CA devs read their leddit
Are they here too?

JUST

>Steel Faith
>Iron Cross
Coaccident? I THINK NOT!

Dawi from another world arrive! 'tis a gr8 day!

WEW

>beating a total war campaign
do people actually do this?

SOMEONE HELP
WHAT"S THE NAME OF THE LIZARDMAN RITE THAT GIVES YOU AN ARMY OF FERAL DINOS

rite of niggers

every goddamn time
what the fuck where they thinking

Rite of Primeval Glory

remove dawi from the game

I'm midway through Europa Barbarorum 2 mod, this thing is fucking outstanding. I am completely addicted to it like I was Rome 1