youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ

>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Chaos concert
youtube.com/watch?v=gDfjry8-t24

>Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download
>English translation
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

>Strange Journey Redux Files including cutscenes, portraits, sprites and soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!l0lwXbrD!k4nTlSzKp86s8qrwt1Wf1A

>Shin Megami Tensei IV/IVA portraits, sprites and textures:
mega.nz/#F!UltjlITb!PnGEcWYkxv_n8u0vJQvhFg

>Memorial Arrange Tracks album, fully named and tagged:
mega.nz/#!Qt0V2aYY!AGD6ECNHOkNcGNSKjEhoT0KLvYEWhW2F_0508GNB36o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/vYS23798

>OST links
pastebin.com/KWGRFqD1

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/3LEcEUja

>Script dumps
pastebin.com/e4cC77Wk

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI
youtu.be/Z3sBRuQPr3o?t=1m47s
youtu.be/qSmRHRVmWiU?t=3m48s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Magnetite should return

I agree.

does Dx2 have it?

Demonica girls!

Oh, I'll give you Magnetite alright.

haha yeah lets make a system come back where you have to pay to even summon a demon as well as just using them in the field

what a great system that was amirite? in fact let's bring back nocturne's random skill selection during fusion and sj's random stat allocations on levelup, I wonder why atlus ever got rid of such wonderful systems in the first place, really boggles my mind.

asahi

nice arms

magnetite was cool you dipshit, sh had the best use of it

It was kind of pointless in SH. You get so much that you basically can't spend it all, even if you keep 4 demons out at all times, buy every single equipment upgrade, and keep your inventory fully stacked with items.

lol

Actually nevermind this, after typing this I remembered that the 3DS version has a compendium so there's extra usage for MAG there.

It was pointless in most games. There was never a good middle ground for it, you either didn't have enough and so would never use demons, or you had so much that it didn't matter that it existed as a currency.

>forces you to think about what demons you want out at what times
>punishes you for keeping your demons out in situations where you'd realistically put them away (ie when you don't need them)
>makes the player think like a devil summoner probably would ("do I really need to summon this kishin right now? Probably not, the fairies should be able to handle everything in from of me")
>makes your roleplay in a role playing game
>bad

But yes you're right, it's much better to just summon your three strongest demons and keep them out all the time with no thought whatsoever. People like you are the reason new games are only getting more fun.

So has the Law+ ending of SJR been translated?

>forces you to think about what demons you want out at what times
By making a varied assortment of enemies, you can do the same thing, without the hassle.
>realistically
Please don't use that stupid fucking word, realistically you don't know what the fuck people would do with demons and in and out of combat scenarios.
>makes you roleplay in a roleplaying game
Yeah, see, there's other ways to roleplay and assemble a team in these games that are way more fun than what boils down to micromanaging nonstandard currency.

>with no thought whatsoever
Lmao and the fact that atlus doesn't pander to autists like you anymore is the reason why this franchise is selling more and doing better. Magnetite is just not a fun thing to deal with. Fixing the 'keeping your strongest demons out at all times' problem is easier than fixing magnetite. When your solution to fixing a problem is to just remove the mechanic entirely, it says a damn lot.

>by making a varied assortment of enemies, you can do the same thing, without the hassle.
Actually a valid point.
>realistically you don't know what the fuck people would do with demons and in and out of combat scenarios
Everyone in this series treats contracted demons essentially as weapons. I don't know the social ramifications of how owning supernatural entities would affect day to day life, but I can tell you for sure that I don't walk into a place that's supposed to be safe with a loaded gun at the ready. That tends to be seen as rude.
>other ways to roleplay and assemble a team in these games
Such as? You can't just drop a blanket statement like that and not post examples.
>When your solution to fixing a problem is to just remove the mechanic entirely, it says a damn lot.
Did you somehow forget that the basis of my entire argument is that magnetite wasn't a fatally flaw system to begin with? All I can say in response to this is that I disagree.

I request your best and rarest Jack frosts, /smtg/!

Give me 1 million macca and maybe I'll give them to you.

Pay
>Cheat

Is this sufficient?

Hahaha. He has spoken! Your life is now irrevocably changed. The choices
you make will no longer bear only on you. What you do... will create a world...

... of DEX.

Hello, fellow citizens. I trust you haven't been reading any manga lately?

I have been reading only the most sacred of texts.

Damn Walter you look like you've seen better days

Does anyone know why you are fighting law godesses in dsj? Are the wisemen tricking you into it? So are they not on the same side, despite being law?

Just because you're law aligned doesn't mean you're on the same side or fight for the same things.

Check SMT 2 Law for that matter

I liked how it was used in Raidou 1. It's kind of useless for me in SMT I though because I always had so much of it and it made no difference regardless of how many demons in my party.

That doesn't really answer the question.

Pleez sum1, hellp N0zomi. Nozomi's in trubble!
Fine me @ Ueno, in Ameyok0 Way pleez kum

>white scarf
>walter

>Flynn
>law

different types of law. christianity, islam and communism don't mutually like each other, but all 3 are law oriented.

my law is the one true law, yours is an abomination.

>Walter
>Law

Does anyone know what zurvan is in if...? I know that its the demon emperor, but is it just a form hazama takes, or is it a seperate entity he is trying to fuse with?

okay guys thanksgiving is over we can stop being dead now

No.

We Twisted Tokyo now.
youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI

that means we all die and 10 skeletons shitpost in the general afterwards

Honestly, that would be an upgrade.

There's this artist on twitter who did some drawings of smtiv and final. I remember a drawing were walter is running away from a fish flynn
Anyone knows his name?

Why Black Rider? Is this a meme I don't get?

wait, you mean to say you're not a skeleton??

brainlet detected

/psg/ is laughing at us again bros...

Which is the best Law ending of all the games and why?

II obviously. Anyone who says SJ needs to be slapped unless it's Law+

I love the Demonica Girls!

Who in the entire history of megaten has said SJ is their favorite law ending?

According to Hazama's Chapter script dump, he tricks Hazama into becoming the Demon Emperor and possesses him. It sounds like he's a bigshot in the Abyss, on par with Lucifer.

It would be cool to see Zurvan as a big bad again one day.

Magnetite booster packs for only 1.99$

So I'm playing the games in order and I recently finished II. Obviously I can't play If... but I also can't move onto Nocturne because my computer is too shit for an emulator to work properly. Is it cool for me to just start SJ?

SHUT UP SHUT UP THEY MIGHT READ THAT

So this is really valuable? Humans are so stupid ho

Sure it is,many people here mainly the chaosfags praise Nocturne but personally i found to be dull and boring as hell.

1 thing though the leveling system in SJ is a bit different than what you might be used to

Kind of a cool idea: Instead of the Great Will in Nocturne being YHVH, it's actually Zurvan that Demi-Fiend's going up against. Not entirely fitting, what with Lucifer's involvement, but it'd better than just having another rehash. It'd also be kind of neat to see another Zoroastrian demon be the big bad, since Ahriman and Mithra were from Zoroastrian mythology themselves, and the former is said to be a creation of Zurvan's.

>1 thing though the leveling system in SJ is a bit different than what you might be used to
Yeah I haven't looked into SJ too much but I read from a post earlier stats are "randomly distributed" when you level up and it kind of soured my enthusiasm. I've heard you're basically a glorified item dispenser but I didn't know it was that severe.

In maijin tensei ii ahriman is the final boss of neutral if that counts.

Problem is, yhvh is more or less a stand in for everything already. The zoroastrian angels like sraosha show on as main law npcs in overclocked. Showing that you're meant to see it as having absorbed zoroastrianism too. Ahura mazda and mithra being chaos seems to be based more on them being god forms of asuras / whatever than it is on zoroastrianism.

Hazama summons a demon. Demon Emperor emerges and Hazama then becomes one with/fuse somehow with Zurvan.

SMTV seems to be moving away from YHVH, which is good.

Also, keep in mind that Ahura Mazda is LIGHT Chaos and Angra Mainyu is DARK Law, which could have something to do with it. While the former is characterized as "good" and the former "evil", this does not speak to their specific alignments.

Nocturne is a pretty major departure from the rest of the series anyway, so I feel like they could have gotten away with replacing YHVH in that instance, even if Lucifer is sort of the rep for TDE.

Honestly, though? I'd take anything over another YHVH shitfest. IVA really irked me with that shit.

>While the former is characterized as "good" and the former "evil", this does not speak to their specific alignments.

Zoroastrianism absolutely depicts ahura mazda as a god of order and justice and judgement though, and ahriman as a god of chaos. Ahura mazda more or less -is- what yhvh became when jews took influence from its dualistic system. Which is one reason he seems so different in the old testament. So for him to not be law definitely means that they are interpreting him through a different light.

You're right though. Iva kind of ruined yhvh long-term. At least dsj is built on a story specifically revolving around a world where yhvh isn't present.

People actually had trouble fighting this guy

>Zoroastrianism absolutely depicts ahura mazda as a god of order and justice and judgement though, and ahriman as a god of chaos.
Ah, okay. My bad.

I can't see the Great Will in Nocturne being YHVH, though. At least not the same YHVH we see in II. He's less wrathful, even as Demi-Fiend's marching off into battle against him. He also doesn't seem to seek praise like YHVH does, but simply maintaining the general flow of time in the Amala Universe

>Zoroastrianism absolutely depicts ahura mazda as a god of order and justice and judgement though, and ahriman as a god of chaos.
Ah, okay. My bad.

I can't see the Great Will in Nocturne being YHVH, though. At least not the same YHVH we see in II. He's less wrathful, even as Demi-Fiend's marching off into battle against him. He also doesn't seem to seek praise like YHVH does, but is only interested in maintaining the general flow of time in the Amala Universe.

Good morning, dead general.

Stephen broke the law. Pass it along.

Its almost certainly yhvh. Ignoring the other angels and fallens in-game, in the bonus stuff, its servant is metatron who says he is one with god, and its enemies are lucifer and beelzebub and chaos demons. They are openly setting up for the standard sides even though here they have way different connotations that are more abstract.

That he acts different than in II doesn't matter, since he acts different in most games. In SJ and desu he's even a semi chill dude who is even fine with neutral. This characterization likely came -from- nocturne. Think of how he's been depicted since 2. Since ii he hasn't been hardline for law, regardless of whether he has been depicted as normal or corrupt. In iva he doesn't give much of a shit what happens as long as he maintains power. SJ shows that you can restore or kill him in any ending.

Take that logic to nocturne. For whatever reason the reasons all work in tune with keeping him in power. Obviously waging war on him doesn't. As such, that yhvh seems to be a kind of neutral figure who doesn't care much what happens as long as there is a plan the world is structured by, presumably so that he can be in on it. Nocturne is certainly a unique depiction, but when you see ow he acts in SJ where what ending the world goes down barely seems to matter to him as much as the fact of his restoration, you can easily see this as something that nocturne did in a weird way, and then they made more streamlined for the games that came since then.

Good evening, dead friend.

I'm not sure if the Conception is solely to keep him in power. Kagutsuchi states that the Great Will granted humans Freedom once upon a time, hoping they would evolve. It's likely the Great Will established the Conception cycle because he was unsatisfied with how humanity turned out and hoped to facilitate their evolution in a more structure manner. You can watch the video here for the full text. youtu.be/Z3sBRuQPr3o?t=1m47s

Why any of it happened is a little ambiguous. That is probably part of it though. The game doesn't really give a good reason why yhvh wants to preserve the world at first, but then later thinks going backwards is bad. Obviously its not just to keep him in power, since he presumably has some kind of goal. But since his goal isn't any particular ideology, its hard to make sense of other than him thinking that whatever humanity does should be successful. Which loosely corresponds to order, despite not resembling normal law.

A godslayer needs magnetite

A Godslayer needs hIS FUCKING NAP GO AWAY ASAHI

She wants to nap with you

>Let Asahi nap with you?
> Yeah, okay.
> And take up space? No thanks.

yeah i agree nap with Dagda instead

>You chose to nap with Mothman instead.

t. dagda

>You choose to nap in the ER instead.

youtu.be/qSmRHRVmWiU?t=3m48s

Forgot how cool this scene looked.

So...

>Naraku on Master difficulty

what the fuck were they smoking?

It's doable on NG+ with the 8 skill slots.

Live you faggots

Fuck you

Nothing of value was lost.

kinda reminds me of Monogatari Series

SMT1: Law
SMT2: Law
SMT3: Hikawa
SJ: Law
IV: Law
Apocucklypse: Law,
Devil Survivor 1/2: Law
Raidou Kuzunoha 2: Law