>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>item db
grimtools.com/db

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>updated resist reduction doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>map
the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2&lang=en#1

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63790
grimtools.com/calc/M2gW9G62
grimtools.com/calc/vNQ91ppN
grimtools.com/calc/b28nGv7Z
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
grimtools.com/monsterdb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for sgrabadabadoo :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>blast through normal and 3/4 of elite due to having a shitload of low epics stashed up
>graudally start getting worse and worse
>surely i will get an item upgrade soon
>have had the same weapon for 40 levels

errytime

hell yeah

Gonna do Tactician + Nightblade dual wield pierce melee build. What should I use for main attack until the one day I get full Belgothian set?

3 classes, user?

As many classes as there are genders.

the real bullshit is that dk has itemization wise exactly kriegs set and a shoulder item that gives aether to vit conversion but without any more items to make an actual build around it possible, even reaper has at least two or three ways to go with different damage types available.

They can nerf kriegs, but kriegs set isnt actually the reason dk is strong, spectral binding/wrath being extremely powerful and supporting the really strong abilities from soldier are what make aether dk op. Everyone just wears kriegs because there is literally nothing else to wear for dk in the endgame.

The aether damage to warcry from kriegs helm is not that big a deal and dont get me wrong the aether conversion for blitz from the gloves is amazing. But that's not really that big a deal either, you could do the very sage things you could before if it was just patched out, it would jsut take a bit longer.
Even the +skills you get from the set now pushed it from being able to solo gladi crucible with extra spawns to being able to solo gladi crucible with extra spawns a bit faster and safer.

tldr: kriegs set isnt what needs the nerfs, its spectral binding/wrath/fucking soldier in general, but only if they would give dk some other item choices because right now there literally are no other options

Someone trade me mythical ulzuin shoulders on HC already

>I exclusively use Sets for my builds

newfag to /gdg/ here. Can anyone tell me the story behind this maymay?

If you refer to then the problem is not a lack of sets
its the lack of absolutely anything other than that one set. You can try to make up a working dk build consisting solely of greens and maybe the mageguard rings but please try to make that work without spawning a bunch of basically impossible affix combos with gdstash

ABB + weapon attack while it's on cooldown then that medal

>still no aetherial gf

>not fininding a set you like with cool abilities and then building around it

leggos are op right now.
any build without a custom leggo isnt worth making.
except skeles

>leggos are op right now
Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Pretty much any build wants skillpoints and legendaries/specific epics are the best way to get them. Greens are so good because of affixes and their potential to be specifically what you want.

>sets dont need nerfing
items are 90% of the game so yes they do.
still dk is pretty one dimensional, but they could make more items.
everyone would probably just go kriegs anyway because its a no brain playstyle

double affix greens are rarer than leggos, but making leggos so good is bad.
every build that doesnt have a perfect leggo for it is "bad"

Epics are nice too, you don't use them in the same amount usually, but for specific builds they're good substitute.
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63790
grimtools.com/calc/M2gW9G62 %%I'm not sure on it yet, but looks decent.%%

Fuck, wrong board.

there are some very good high end mythical blues, but they are all leggos as well

No, I wasn't referring to your post. I threw something together without MIs just for fun. Too lazy to finish it with components/augments/devotions though.

grimtools.com/calc/vNQ91ppN

Good luck blitzing.

Feet, legs and shoulders are the easiest rare greens to get and for the first two at least are often not used by sets.

Chances of a cube with similar set requirement functionality being added to Grim Dawn? D3 has issues but the cube would add a lot of diversity to Grim Dawn but it would probably break the game challenge wise.

is +% damage to enemy types additive or mutiplicatie

>implying I won't get a melee weapon on the other weapon set :^)
Was an oversight and it's not important anyway.

Multiplicative with your damage, additive with itself.
So (Damage * (Any +% damage mods) * (Any +% enemy type mods) * (Any % damage modified by))

feet sure, but MI double affixes are rare as fuck

Often one rare and one common can still produce a great item for any given build.

On what skills does Energy Leech work?
Is it only skills that say things like "30% Weapon Damage", or any spell I use, like the Aether Ray?

I can be your angle... or yuor devil
Post fashion

its a form of flat damage so it only applies to weapon damage unless the spell itself says it has it.

Anything that deals weapon damage, since energy leech is technically a damage type itself.

Welp, so pretty much useless for me.. too bad.

I'm trying to make an elemental damage dw melee autoattacking Arcanist + NB, and i have a couple of questions:

1 - There are very, VERY few 1h weapons, including epics, legendaries and MI's that support elemental damage; i'm not sure what exactly to wield?

2 - do you guys think it is worth maxing Iskandra's Elemental Exchange for the increased conversion and flat elemental damage?

Chillflame Evoker + a cold weapon. I would focus mainly on cold. If you want to go elemental then Saboteur is probably a better choice.

As to your other question it depends. You might not be doing much physical damage depending on your weapons and devotions. The last node is probably worth it for the bonus damage.

Because it doesn't make sense. You should put a focus on Cold Damage as Nightblade. If you were going for Inquisitor then dual-wielding Bargoll's Heart would be an option but getting two of those with good rolls would be a pain.

>focus on cold as a nightblade
That is honestly not required, since Nightblade gets a shitton of elemental damage with that 3rd buff to Pneumatic Burst; and the cold resistance reduction from Night's Chill is pretty nice too, but not enough to make me focus on cold.
The only other cold skill (besides night's chill) that NB has is Amarasta's Blade Burst, and i'm not going to use that, since i plan on using Beronath's Fury instead.

I picked NB in order to dual wield, since i want to PROC elemental damage stuff as often as i can, and because the DA reduction on Night's Chill, and several buffs + healing on Pneumatic Burst are really gr8.
The increased cunning and armor from the bottom passives are really nice too, and execution is AWESOME when you can get it to crit all the time + bind it to a strong devo

Also, i'm definately not going to play with dw pistols because i hate ranged on GD

I think you forgot about the cold damage on the *teleports behind u* attack

isn't that shit only used on Soulrend builds anyway?

>shitton of elemental damage with that 3rd buff to Pneumatic Burst
A mediocre modifier bonus isn't really a shitton. What you do get a lot of is flat frostburn damage. Also Night's Chill has no DA reduction, but Veil of Shadow has OA reduction.

No. It is primarily a dual wield skill as it uses both hands to calculate damage but because two handers deal a lot of damage it is still worth getting.

Inquisitor =/= Pistols

If you want to use Nightblade then there is no reason not to put a focus on Cold Damage instead of Elemental Damage. Nightblade is indeed a very solid mastery, but I don't understand why you are so hell-bent on dealing Elemental Damage. What proc are you talking about anyway?

Veil of Shadow, Night's Chill, it's all the same shit

i'm still only going to use it to move around on my build

+100% elemental damage is pretty good on my book, senpai.
I'm also going to deal shitton of frostburn damage anyway, i just won't be focusing on it specifically.

There is no reason to put a focus on cold also, as i've explained in my previous post.

I want to do an elemental build because i've done cold, lightning and fire builds before and i'm bored of all of them.

I'm talking about the elemental seal proc on weapons, but i don't really mind using ice spikes or lightning spheres anyway.

Anyone try a Spellbinder with Diviner's set? It looks like a fun build with vitality Devastation and a Reap Spirit that looks possible to spam with some CDR since you can shave 5 seconds off it with the set and these Aethereach gloves I have.

There absolutely is a reason to focus on Cold Damage which is that you will be able to stack more Resistance Reduction and deal a lot more damage as a result.

The resistance reduction on Night's Chill is still going to work on an elemental build, albeit on a lower efficiency. The lower efficiency really isn't enough of an argument to convince me to focus on cold instead.

From what I understand Reap Spirit is absolute garbage, so you'd be mostly relying on Devastation for damage.

okay, most elemental builds are shit because you wont get enough elemental gear and anything else will be only one third as valuable so unless you know exactly what you are doing it will be shit.

Yes, significantly lower efficiency. You are also ignoring that a pure Cold will also use the Murmur constellation on top of that.

Working on a thunder Warder right now, and I've got a couple of questions. Cadence and Blitz seem to be much better single/AoE options than the Shaman ones, should I switch to them and just pump lighting damage through gear? Also, devotion-wise, Ultos would seem like the perfect choice for a T3 devotion, but Spear of Heavens actually seems like a better choice to me. Maybe I'm just not seeing something, help a fella out would you?

The resisntance reduction is really not that significant. I get plenty of it from the Viper constellation, Manticore constellation and Rhowan's Crown constellation as well.

pls give 11 levels

>the -% RR doesnt matter, I get a bunch of non stacking reductions as well
hahaha ok you got no idea what you are doing

You might want to skip either Manticore or the Crown as the elemental RR part of Manticore wont stack with Crown.

Rhowan's Crown and Manticore don't stack. Viper is a significantly weaker type of resistance reduction. Just stop. The only way this meme build is going to work is with a Direwolf Crest and 2 Bargoll's Heart with the Elemental Seal procs, Word of Pain and Aura of Censure.

Is a bleeding nightblade + shaman an actually viable kind of build or are you just memeing on Veteran?

As i said, since i'm doing an elemental build, cold is still part of the damage i deal.
Night's Chill still works, the """""significantly lower efficiency""""" from dealing also fire and lightning is a LIE

Okay, bro. I see you are resistant to advice. No whining about gear not supporting your stuff in the future though.

That's a shame, I want to guess its either because Reap Spirit isn't an AoE or its weapon damage is low at rank 16. I haven't played Arcanist but +1 projectile to Devastation sounds helpful so I could focus around other big spells and converting everything to Aether if possible.

I have no idea, I've heard some people say it is, so I'm trying it out.

Its some of the most fun I've had so far though, but obviously I'll have to see how it plays out once I get to elite/ultimate/max level.

>no whining about gear not supporting your stuff
wow dude, you sure are mad
now i can't complain just because i don't use 66% of Night's Chill cold reduction? WOW, WHAT A SIN

pardon me for thinking outside the box and wanting to make a FUN and VIABLE build outside the aether DK meta

>making a gimped Cold build (it's an elemental build I swear!)
>thinking outside the box
>aether DK meta

I think it's a combination of mediocre (completely single target) damage, a retarded pet, and a stupidly high energy cost that makes it so awful. If they were to at least fix the energy cost being so absurd it'd be a bit better.

>meta
get over yourself. We see tons of different builds come through the threads. We're trying to tell you your build won't be viable at all because we've played through Ultimate and know that what you're trying to do is going to make your character utterly shit in the end game. Instead of accepting constructive criticism, you sperg out like a retard.
>My build's not gonna be shit
>Then dad'll be proud of me!

Man, Soulrend is such a SEXY weapon. I wish it had also 16% increased attackspeed, so i could use it on my Cold Spellbreaker melee autoattack build

I've tried to play devil's advocate and work out an elemental damage build for Nightblade/Shaman, but I don't even know where to start. What the fuck is that guy even thinking?

Cold/Bleed, sure, it's weird but not necessarily awful, but why the fuck elemental?

>tfw you remember playing GD before they implemented Devotions and the Shaman

jesus christ, devotions added so fucking much to the game, its a great system. Shit, the new devotions added in AoM are fucking awesome too. I can't even remember what the devotion page looked like before.

I'm doing Nightblade/Arcanist though

>Put Hand of Ultos on Wind Devils
>One of them crits, the entire room explodes into bloody chunks
>And then whatever I'm hitting melts because 33% reduced resistances on anything that actually survived the storm

>mfw putting flame torrent on skellingtons

Oh right
>elemental damage dw melee attacking Arcanist + NB
I did something like that way back. It wasn't great, but it worked.

>weapons
Soulthief at 50 is fun, but has no empowered/mythical

Uhh...
I don't know dude
grimtools.com/calc/b28nGv7Z
I've tried to make something work, but this honestly seems too fucking autistic to be worth bothering with. You'd literally be better off taking Soldier, going Cadence, and just using the shitty dual wield medal.

what combo do you play, Warder, Druid?

So I'm starting act 3 as a purifier. Bounty board just opened up for Devil's Crossing, is it generally a good idea to try and max my factions? I'm assuming I'll want to unlock all the blue prints for component crafting which then gets used to craft end game stuff? Is there a way to see if you already have a blue print known so I don't waste my money?

What should I be saving my Iron for? Also I'm assuming I save my components for crafting and end game gear and don't bother until I start plateauing, right?

All skill points in Physique?

Hover over a blueprint in the vendor's window and it says "already known" or something along those lines.

The augments are the most valuable things they sell as without them you will have a heck of a job maxing resists in ultimate.

Crafting items costs a lot of iron.

Unless you are a weird blademaster or tactician then all in physique bar enough cunning or spirit to equip your gear. Try and hold maybe 7 points in reserve.

As for components you can equip them as you go and remove them if you need to. T Hough the item OR component will be destroyed in the process.

I'm trying to craft a Saboteur build that is focused on Fumble via Ring of Steel, Flashbang and Mark of the Apostate while wielding the Death marked set and going for pierce damage.
Pre AoM the build was too much glass cannon, but didn't yet it yet with higher level cap and new items.

If you're in normal/Veteran there's no point in doing bounties now unless you're underleveled, you'll gain a lot of your rep from going through the story on normal/Veteran and Elite. In Elite is likely when you should be getting augments to fill out damage/resists.
If you have a blueprint known you can scroll all the way down to where it shows the level requirements and it should have a red [Already Known] section of text
For attributes I'd actually hold around 10-15 in reserve by end game just in case, I think the highest amount of cunning/spirit I've needed for a build ended up being like 12 points in Cunning. But otherwise, yeah, all in physique

Mark of the Apostate is now Mark of the Forbidden, and it's Fumble chance got nerfed to 15% chance to Fumble on a 15% chance to proc the skill. It's garbage. Also, even maxing out fumble chances, the highest you get on skill is 45% chance to fumble at maxed overcap on Circle of Slaughter, and 40% on overcapped Searing Light. Less than half of the time you're using each ability will proc Fumble, and all that time spent trying to get Fumble off is not killing enemies and letting them get close to you. Not gonna work dude.

I think it's not that much time wasted when you Flashbang -> Shadow Strike -> Ring of Steel and then autoattack.
With the pre-AoM build I remember I was and to face Fabius for about 15seconds, brought him down to about half health but then died. Mind you the build had just 6k health.

>tfw drunk and tired
>ravenous earth and strom totem still destroying everything at level 83
>no idea what's gouing on
>finish malmouth on elite
>still no idea what's going on
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

I think I can see cold/bleed if you use the Korba's set, but I have no idea what other items you would use alongside it.

>started a lightning god Vindicator yesterday
>either going to go full caster with Storm Box/Wind Devils/Storm Totem and Savagery for the 2nd node buff using Light's Defender or 2H melee Ultos set
>rushing Ultos constellation and should have it before I enter Malmouth

I can't fucking wait

Purifier newbie again. How accurate is the DPS comparison on the weapon tool tip? I found an epic that looks numerically superior but it's still deep red on the tool tip.

The DPS drop is because you have a lot of attack speed bruh

It's inaccurate in the sense that it only considers your damage and attack speed (or cast speed/CDR where appropriate) on your left click, nothing else. Since both your guns have attack speed it's gonna value them more, but realistically the higher base damage + all the other goodies on the epic are better. Definitely replace the yellow gun.

Recently started crashing, and only when playing as my cabalist main. Anyone else having problems after the latest patch? Is my only hope to abandon my main?

grimtools.com/monsterdb/
>grimtools.com/monsterdb/
grimtools.com/monsterdb/
>grimtools.com/monsterdb/

holy shit

just b urself my dude

jesus christ this is comprehensive.

>reaper of the lost
what is this and how can I find and kill it

Just like you're mom lol

>Aether Trap

Now I know how hard I got shotgunned by Reaper, Vitality resist just wasn't enough.

Bully Barrowholm.

>you're

take that

I'm a bit late but
>no veteran mode
If you intend to do more than just that first playthrough, switch veteran on, otherwise Elite is going to kick your ass seemingly out of nowhere. You're not hardcore, so take off the training wheels. It'll help you get used to how much damage shit does.

I want Barnabas to sit on my face

Does the damage dealt section of the character sheet not count crits or DoT?

I've had bleeds crit for 15k but it shows my max dealt as 3900.