Tomorrow I'm getting the results of my psych test for the foreign officer job I'm applying I'm so fucking scared

Tomorrow I'm getting the results of my psych test for the foreign officer job I'm applying I'm so fucking scared.

Been working for this for years and I'm really afraid they will reject me because of my autism, I said some dumb stuff in the interview because I was nervous as fuck.

How do I carry on if I'm turned down after working for this for the past 4 years, I have no plan b my degree is practically useless outside of this field I have no useful experience anywhere, I put all the eggs in the same basket and tomorrow it might crash and burn.

I'm so scared I want to throw up

You should be fine. What are your credentials?

I just have a bachelor's degree in international relations and speak a couple of foreign languages, nothing really useful for the job market, I just always thought I would become a diplomat and now I'm realizing this might be harder than I expected, being a neet for many years doesn't help either..

Damn son, those jobs are HARD to get. Even if you land it, they'll send you to Afghanistan for years before you land a cushy role

I already passed the first three rounds, we're down to 88 candidates for 13 jobs, but in the psych evaluation the pressure got to me and I answered some dumb shit, I really don't know what to expect tomorrow and I really don't know what I will do if I'm turn down

Good luck user

I believe in you. Just relax

Why don't you find some benzos to pop before your interview. That's what I do

Thank you guys you're really nice

It's just too late for that tomorrow I'll just be given the results.

If I'm still in I have an international law written test on the 29th and then a I have to answer some questions in front of a panel of senior officials about international politics.

I'm kind of nervous about the latter but I can't take benzos or I'll be too dizzy to perform well, and there you have to perform, it's really really important that you do well there.

I hope you don't get it, sounds like you're a sheltered college kid. Get some real world experience son, you shouldn't be tripping about this.

Part of me thinks you're right desu that there are people competing against me that deserve it more, but I'm also quite old and I spent a lot of time as a neet because of depression.

So at the same time the other part thinks I deserve it because it took a lot of fucking will power to overcome that shit and to be in the place I am now.

But it doesn't matter anyway if I learned one thing is life is that nobody fucking cares if you deserve something or not, there will always be lazy trust fund babies and poor as fuck hardworking people...

>I really don't know what I will do if I'm turn down
You could always go the NGO/international charity route. Similar field, less pay.

If your language skills are good enough, there's always translations/corporate language services.

Then there's generalized fields where your educations might be useful: marketing, investor relations, even HR.

Hope your Plan A works out, but there's always a Plan B.

This is getting real work experience. Not everyone needs to have a shitty min wage character building wrench job.

I'm sure they're used to nervous candidates, OP. You'll be fine.

The problem is that I'm quite old and have no experience in those fields and it seems a bit too late for me to be getting internships. But I won't have any other choice than to look for something is the outcome tomorrow isn't good.

I hope you're right but it will still be hard for me to sleep tonight

Then how about this. You can't change the outcome now so you might as well try to relax.

I will, thank you all for listening I really needed to vent

I was thinking of getting a masters of international relations just out of personal interest fwiw

jus bee urself ;)

It's an interesting subject though it can be a bit tedious when it gets too theoretical, I personally enjoy international economics more and became really interested in trade theory, in the future I'm thinking of getting a master's in that field but I haven't researched much.

Thanks user but I'll still try to hide that I'm a forever alone neet don't think that looks good for them

That's not true bro, neets are loyal and subordinate. Employers love that.

>Been working for this for years
I don't get people who put years of effort into something that others decide arbitrarily.

Get some real, useful skills so your autism won't matter.