Who'd have won between Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great?

Who'd have won between Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Khan easily

Counter-question: what would make Alexander's army any more ready to deal with Genghis' than 1200s-era Chinese forces?

An army of Mongolian horseback archers.

The Chinese had those too (by any other name)

But they were Chinese. Macedonian horseback archers would probably just as shit.

That's like asking who would win in a fight between the us army of 2003 and the German army of 1943. Khan's forces were vastly superior due to having the benefit of centuries of innovation in mounted warfare and stellar leadership by a group of generals who knew how to get the absolute most from their forces.

tanks

Discipline and effective cavalry. If they were outfitted with similar equipment I think Alexander would legitimately hold a good chance of beating Genghis Khan

Friendly reminder that WWII era Japs were afraid of a bunch of Mongolian ranchers even though the japs had tanks/planes and the mongols had horses and shitty hunting rifles

Assuming equal technology and an equal battlefield, I would say Alexander.

Mongols were led by based Georgy "Killed more Russians than Genghis" Zhukov though.

I dunno dude, no army with that cavalry/infantry makeup ever handed Genghis Khan a defeat that didn't hinge on a location defense, as far as I'm aware. Remember there are no stipulations in OP, as well. Numbers would definitely factor in, everything else notwithstanding.

No, I mean that the Chinese used steppe horse archers heavily, and frequently employed them to fight off other steppe horse archers.

Yes but most of the major Mongol victories are due to tactics that would be hard to pull off on an army as disciplined as Alexander's. The ol' Faux retreat to to the bulk of your army definitely wouldn't have worked. The horse archer pestering could be used to draw the Macedonian cav out or something but I'd have hard time believing Alexander would stray too far.

That's very true, but more so than that I have a hard time believing the Mongol force would be caught out- being so unbelievably mobile means unless trapped (unlikely with a larger force) Genghis can pick and choose where and when he would like to fight. An Alexander defense has the best chance but still

agreed

Genghis, though that question is a bit silly considering their time differences.

khan due to having better tech

Yeah wouldn't be fair on the US army

Goku Oglu

Germans.

soome variations of these

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae

Alexander.

You Khan fans need to realise he BTFO horse archer armies several times.

alexander is a meme overrated general desu so genghis no doubt

Such as?

Certainly it wasnt the Persians. Who were based on light infantry, meme chariots and lance cavalry.

Also the mongols would win handily.

They had stirrups and had better equipment even in Ghengis's time. The mongol light horse could have defeated the Companions simply by having a spear and using a stirrup.

>defeated by DESIGNATED land
Alexander is a meme

Yeah he beat some random some horsefuckers somewhere in asia without a name!

Not the Xiognu - not the Mongols but some random ones who probably didn't have enough men to challenge him.

>yfw you realize people like OP are also the people who make naziboo threads