T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 25th of November:
1177 – Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Châtillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
1487 – Elizabeth of York is crowned Queen of England.
1783 – American Revolutionary War: The last British troops leave New York City three months after the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
1795 – Partitions of Poland: Stanisław August Poniatowski, the last king of independent Poland, is forced to abdicate and is exiled to Russia.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 20/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056224
EU4 DD 21/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056463

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962223737
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHITE

Reminder that your mom is gonna turn gay lol

o-ok

Please use the proper infopic next time, thank you

I fixed Europe

I fixed the world.

Based Germany

You fixed Europe the way France and UK "fixed" the Middle East

America>shitty poo-coloured Germany

Believeble worlds.
What now?

If you don´t like heavy wars you are a soycuck´

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

Stop using the """traditional""" infopic

Stop ban evading.

Fuck off, Varg.

>Everyone who dislikes this shitty threads is HPM

now unite ameriga :DDDDDD

Why do people shit on paradox when games like EU4 are actually a lot deeper than games like War in the East?

Most of these super deep wargames are just filled with a lot of options that don't really do anything and are just there to give the illusion of autistic level depth

Yes.
Is that actually ingame?

EU4 is also deeper then CK2, but memers gotta meme.

>trying to Großimperiums Persiums in CKII
>867 start
>doing pretty well, regional power, ~27k troops
>the moment I've been afraid of finally comes
>Seljuk appears and immediately declares war
>~56k troops
>just fuck my shit up
>decide only way I'm winning this is by assassinating him
>almost all of his courtiers want to kill him thankfully
>169% plot power
>at -99% warscore
>if he gets just one more percent it's over for me
>plot fires
>he dies
>mfw

start
Stopped reading.
The difference is CK2 actually has mechanics outside of blob & core.

>not sitting in a mountain province with a river between with all your units in the center

CK2 is boring as shit, tho.

Maybe if you play it like your EU4 blobber, but if you don't have ADHD and actually RP it's fun.

>Everyone i don't like is HPM! The emotional child's guide to /gsg/ discussion

0-4 Argentina
5-9 Rio Grande do Sul
Dubs+ Urgay

867 is an acceptable start date though

According to retards who don't care about history and just want to make Horse-bear-cat satanist Ulm WCs, yeah.

even a bear wouldn't come near that heap of shit

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Alex absolutely fuming RN.

I dont have enough autism to RP nearly as hard as you people supposedly do in CK2. I just get incredibly bored of waiting for several monarchs for anything interesting to happen as the mechanics during peace are just boring (Woah dude, I just got sick and died, or my council wants to go find some artifact and they never come back with anything). What am I supposed to roleplay, my man? Sitting on my throne waiting for something interesting to happen as I just marry my children to powerful people and watch them do whatever the fuck they do before they just die to a plot and never get any power? The game is boring for me, and I simply see nothing to roleplay, I dont even blob in it because there's actually no reason to blob beyond your dejure claims, it feels like a sit and watch simulator, maybe kill some revolts while waiting for the next law you can pass and centralize power. The game might be good, but it's boring as shit for me.

>

>mechanics
Yes, cuckolding and mlp-tier characters

>dubs
how new

They were just sieging all my shit down, by the time I mobilized my troops I was at about -50% warscore.

this is why you ally against the eternal capet

Hello, EU4IDF.

why is najd ruled by the house of saud in 1444? that house didn't exist unti lthe 18th century

good post
bad post

because its a meme game

nerds

Having every single direct vassal being your relative (but without a claim) for example is an interesting goal and top comfy. Then you can arrange marriages with them all over the world and help them establish themselves if they get to inherit something.
Then you can play as one of them. Like, if you win Jerusalem in the crusade you can give it to a cousin or nephew of yours and continue playing as him, in the more challenging middle-eastern scenario.

Is ck2 good or is it just the sims in medieval europe?

Let's talk about the Paradox sale! Or else I'll load up my gun1

>the sims in medieval europe
That'd be The Sims Medieval

Santa catarina + uruguay or should I blob more?

No. Santa catarina is good enough, with Uruguay being pushing it.

load up my cock while you're at it

I just kinda get tired and quit at around the 3rd or 4th monarch, except maybe for Iberia or Pagan countries because I almost constantly have someone trying to kill me. It just feels like the game slows down a lot and involves a lot of waiting once you solidify your position within the first few generations, and I just sit back and watch because what am I supposed to roleplay anymore, there's nothing of interest happening and there's no reason for my monarch to do anything, except maybe for a zealot king joining the crusade or helping the HRE Emperor fight a war.

YURAMESHI

Entre rios, if you want to go full gross paraguay and paraná.

Uruguay is an Argentine province that got turned into a country after Anglo memery, if anything you should help your fellow Gauchos reunite.

>Get tired after solidifying postion.
This isn't a problem exclusive to CK2 though. Every game paradox makes is a blobfest with bad war mechanics, except for Vicky (bad war mechanics, but reduced blobbing and almost worthwhile peacetime mechanics) and HOI3 (blobfest with good war mechanics, unlike HOI2 and the absolutely awful HOI4). Which paradox games do you enjoy?

START TALKING

Try putting your dynasty on the Chinese throne

Fuck you epic blobber

List of females rights that should be removed

Their right to drive should be removed. (Femoids have caused enough accidents because they have the right to drive. Time to end it.)

Their right to vote, run for office or hold any kind of high positions should be relinquished. (Femoids aren't capable of logical thinking or rationality. Therefore, giving them power to run a country is nothing but a grave mistake that should not happen.)

Their right to divorce men should be removed. (Husbands own their wife's -- and it is up to him to decide whether he wants to put up with the cum dumpsters or not.)

Their right to enter the workforce should be relinquished. (Femoids are more happy when they are confined to their houses. They are just a distraction in working spaces.)

Their right for abortions should be removed. (Femoids are serial killers who are responsible for the deaths of millions of unborn babies. It's time to put a stop to it once and for all.)

Their right to accuse men of domestic violence should be relinquished. (If a bitch enters an abusive relationship, she is the only one to blame. She should have used her misogynist radar to detect if the man is abusive or not.)

Their right to speak and give their useless opinion should be removed. (Men are high intellectuals who should not bother about the opinion of low-life scum.)

Their right to bodily integrity should be relinquished. (Femoids are the property of men; which in turn makes them not the owner of their body.)

Their right to clothing must be reformed. (Femoids will no longer allowed to dress as slutty whores. They should wear adequate clothing at all times.)

Their right to fakeup should be removed. (Bitches only use it to manipulate and deceive innocent men. Nothing of value would be lost.)

Their right to choosing their partner should be relinquished. (Men are the ones who should choose a partner for femoids to ensure sexual market place equity.)

At this point, honestly almost none. I used to play EU4 multiplayer only with some friends but we got tired of it because even if we just didn't even try to be serious and played it like it was a glorified Risk game it got boring eventually. HoI4 multiplayer I play sometimes because it's just dumb simple fun and years ago I used to play the everloving shit out of EU3. I guess I still play Darkest Hour a bit? I have just tried really hard to get into CK2 because everyone says it's a great game but it bores me terribly. Victoria 2 is honestly really repetitive even with mods, but I can still play it once in a while and have fun.

>Argentine province
You mean brazillian.

The Brazilian claim on Banda Oriental is baseless as shit, the province is not only majority Spanish speaking but also was under Argentine control for years prior to the war with Brazil (Which, by the way, the Brazilians couldn't win even with British support and in the end they got cucked by their own allies after Uruguay was made independent instead of Brazilian)

Meiou and Taxes link, please?

Use the steam workshop downloader website to get it off the steam workshop, it works with the EU4 workshop.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962223737

>Meiou
AEIOU?

meme

>got a whole bunch of AGEOD games for 98% off ages ago
>barely played since I can't find people to play it with

You don't play AGEOD games with people.

Is there a space version of grand strategy games?
My autism doesn't allow me to enjoy these games if i'm limited from the same map/world each game.

Anyone got Linux version of Jade Dragon?

It's the only way to get past the AI, besides the human element is fun

if you play ck2 you already don't care about history, period
>b-b-b-bu-
no buts you fucking worthless mongrel. no matter which start date you pick in ck2 the game will NEVER be historically accurate and it will ALWAYS be retarded
enjoy having merchant republics control all of africa through holy wars, you fucking stupid faggot

Just subscribe to it on Steam, even if you have a pirated copy, then launch the game and it should trigger the workshop download. The game doesn't actually use Steam's DRM, so you can even play multiplayer through steamworks.

Distant Worlds is the closest I can think of to a Space Grand Strategy

you also have Stellaris, but people here dont enjoy Stellaris

can someone link me to bombermod

Amerigan Switzerland you said

Chapter Master if you like the WH40K universe

Aurora.

How the fuck do you beat the UK as Argentina in HPM? Their economy is so shit.

>How the fuck do you beat the UK as Argentina

If you figure this out Argentina would like to know.

You dont
Or you get GP allies to do the dirty work for you.

Also I dont think you need to defeat the UK and get the Falklands to form La Plata, if that's what you want to do, unless last time I played Argentina in HPM it was a modified version or something.

>Malaysia and part of Indonesia sunk into the ocean
Thank God.

W
O
W

>attritioned down to 700 from 3000

Annex Chile for the gold mines and ally with the USA I guess.

>our country is already 1% muslim
>so we might as well let them become 100%, there is already a bunch of them so there is no difference anyways

I'm actually surprised Paradox hasn't removed the probability in sieges, considering since the release of EU4 they've been consistently removing any sort of probability system in the game and changing everything to be exact and calculable for the powergaming crowd.

hey dude great analogy, but its a little off, let me fix it
>our country is already 100% muslim
>so we might as well let it become 100%, there is already a bunch of them so there is no difference anyways

this ai is beyond retaded, stop sending your whole fukcing army to your colonies

Why is the whole casus belli system so dumb?

If you conquer the land then you should be able to own all of it. Who cares if you started the war over something completely unrelated

European politics are gay

>muh just war

IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING THEN IT BELONGS TO YOU NOW

Remember, /gsg/ - do not mix your ruler's bloodline with that of the peoples of the East. Stay within your culture and, if able, your own dynasty. Do not mongrelize your dynasty and people into a Eurasian bastardization.

Distant worlds feels more like a 4x to be honest. Not to mention it looks very complicated and cluttered.
Stellaris i'll give a try, thanks.
I've googled it, and it's a fan-made game where GW forced them to remove everything related to Warhammer. Where can i find a complete version?
This looks uuuugly, but if it's a good game and allows blobbing the universe in my colors i can definetly give it a try.

No inbreeding, please.

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Franco-Englihs war, colonial war or swedish war once more?