/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids (Stop removing games you dislike from the OP)
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>Any game OP doesn't like
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

General Ratko Mladic Serbs rides in Jailhalla eternal, whiny and dumb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uguNxPbhd6s?t=666
esc.pl/product_info.php?cPath=71_73&products_id=13341
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1369 pln to eur
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1369 pln to usd
international.download.nvidia.com/webassets/en_US/shared/images/products/shared/lineup.png
youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk
youtube.com/watch?v=7bfWL9i4HQk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1first

First for no edition

lel last thread had no edition either

>trying to make my first interplanetary shuttle
SIIIIIIGH

thread editions is a retarded meme anyway

Aimbotters are out in full force to night.

Refinement complete.
>recaptcha 680553 3000

I second the notion.

Okay. There are three spotlights inside. Sixteen small hydrogen thrusters. Four large hydrogen thrusters. Refinery with full speed mods (yield mods are for home base) and assembly with full speed mods. Large cargo. Large reactor. Two batteries. A medbay and ventilation system.

Does it seem good for a first interplanetary ship?

Almost finished. Just need functioning air control

Got a jump drive? Otherwise you're gonna be flying for a while.

it was a success. It took off and went about 2000 meters off the ground before I realized it had zero hydrogen to power it and came down. I managed to make a blueprint before this happened. This was made in creative mode and I had planned on using it in multiplayer, but, I still don't know if it would be air proof.

No I'v never used a jump drive before. I don't know how to and am still figuring out some other mechanics.

I'm trying to make a design for a drilling vehicle that you could create out of the parts in the planetary lander.

The idea is that I don't want to use too many resources, but, I want to be able to mine into the ground without having to worry about wobbling crap. I'm thinking something with wheels spread far apart and a piston drill facing down or something.

>spend five hours making a ship that can leave the starting planet
>prepare for launch and let everybody know about it
>ship is lifting up. It's HAPPENING!!!
>Suddenly ship flips upside down and crashes because someone used landing gear to mount a parachute to my ship and pulled the chute
>Five hours wasted

for interplanetary travel youre gonna need at least 4 spotlights

where do I put them?

>start building a brick that i will hollow out later and add detail
>decide to check the actual size of the ship i will make
>its 400x1200x300m
>one block is 2x2x2m
Tell me there is a program dedicated to building ships.
I can't place that many blocks without loosing my will to do the details.

near uranus reactor

kek, someone had a nice idea

now listen closely, you are flying the ship wrong, if you want to exit planet's gravity well you have to take into account space engineers' strengths and weaknesses
ket's imagine your main thruster array is able to accelerate your craft at 10g (obviously this can change mid-flight if you are actively burning ice, since your mass will lower, for this example I assume you use h2 tanks, since they don't change mass whether they are full or not)
10g means that you are going to hit 104 m/s in about 11 seconds, trying to escape earth, that's the vanilla speed limit of space engineers whatever thrust you dish out after reaching that speed is used to maintain it, not to accelerate, that means you are wasting 90% of your fuel past that point
since leaving earth's gravwell is a process at least 6.5 minutes long, you are going to utilize your thrusters to their max potential for 11 seconds and for 6 minutes and 19 seconds you are gonna just waste hydrogen
solution is pretty simple, after reaching max speed either tap acceleration, so your speed oscillates between 95-104 m/s or use manual override of the thrusters, so you are only using hydro to keep your speed (in this example it would be 10%, since thrusters can accelerate you to 10g and at 104m/s they only need to exert 1g, to counteract the planet)
from about 5-6km above surface the gravity will start to fade (it fades immediately, but the change is too small to see) and said gravity will lower untill it is gone at 0.05g, about 42km above surface
you might think wow, it's realistic, just like real gravity fields... it's keen, the dropoff is 1/r^7 not 1/r^2
what you might not have thought is that when you reach attitude with lower gravity you should lower the override, since you no longer need to counteract 1g, now it's 0.87g or something, so aggain to maximize fuel efficiency (and not fall to your death when fuel's gone) you should lower the thrust

I wish i had friends to play with

1 large block is 2.5m x 2.5m x 2.5m
the cosmonaut is 2m tall in suit, 1.5 wide because too much suit under armpits make his arms weeeeee and he is either 1 or 1.5m long from back to front

I am going to assume you are doing this ship in creative, Lclick makes block, Rclick deletes block, this applies to what I'm about to tell you
hold mousebutton, press and hold shift, move mouse, grats, you can now into linebuilding, it works if you fly while holding the button, so you can easily see where the line ends
shift+ctrl for planebuilding, but I advise you change your default placing mode to line in main menu options, so click is blcok, hold + move + release is line, shift is plane

stop namefagging then we might play with you someday

i use plane and i forgot to mention that i will scale it down to 1:4

wait, thats 1200 not 120
god yes, scale it down, have mercy on your pc

Jesus chrish heavy armor is op.
I was testing to see how much force will it need to move and the answer is it cant move
Thats less then half of it.

was an accident

but I thought orion drives don't work in se
aren't warheads only destroying

Does anyone mind giving me a mod collection to install mine are all outdated.

what
they only destroy?
wtf keen how does that work

I'm not sure, but I think when boom happens raycasts are made, each with some damage, if damage exceeds block hp then it might continue the cast, but with less damage

Got a semi related question, anyone know if and how to jump to a specific star in a binary system in elite dangerous?
>need to make delivery
>aim for system and jump
>arrive in binary star system
>dude the station is over at the other star lmao
>have to cruise for 5-10 minutes to get to the other star
Wasting my time with this shit.

>cruise for 5-10 minutes
it's the main selling point of the game, you get to spacetrukk, wasting time is a good thing
also elite had it's general, alongside star citizen

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door, the leather club's two blocks down

CLANG you...

fuck you

Elite

Can you still make a tower of blocks to go into space and build a regular ion thruster craft up there? It's been a while since last time i played spengos

Sure
It's going to be a few kilometers but it can be done

where should I put thrusters to achieve stable flight on this thing?
I took this pic after removing two heliblades on the sides in the middle and most of the thrusters. if I just use pitch/yaw/roll thrusters I can control it pretty well but the AI is completely unable to turn with it for some reason. All I want is a reasonably stable airship that I can slap a cannon or laser array onto.

on a related note: how in the world do I achieve six-axis movement in high space, like 800m up?

/egg/ race video where?

>looking at homeworld remastered ships to see what i should build
>notice a strange bzzzz noise
>take headphones off and check pc
>90°
>fan wont stop
you lasted me 4 years buddy
it might be time to move on and get new parts
too bad you didn't last 8 like the one before you
used to get 120 fps in it with no problem but now 30 is too much

fastest way is to use pistons, since subgrids are now limitless in speed, as long as base grid doesn't exceed 100 mps
to escape planet you would need 14km of pistons, that's 2800 blocks
to get to said 14km you would need stack of pistons 4.7km high, which is 940 pistons and to get 4.7km high you need 1.6km stack (320 pistons)
1.6 km is low enough you can jetpack it or fly a ship

there isn't any single solution, one of those stabilization jet thrusters on each side would do the trick. For space you need ion thrusters

keen changed impact dmg calculation, tension travels through the vessel and if you hit something things deep inside ship can get damaged
youtu.be/uguNxPbhd6s?t=666
interesting

>suddently the middle of the ship gets damage
Thats fucked up.

on other vid I have seen 2 megaships collide, front armor wrinkled but almost undamaged, yet 100m in the back some conveyor tubes exploded

The way that damage spreads through conveyors was allways broken, you make a ship with layers of heavy armor and expose a connector, if that connector gets hit, the whole conveyor including the cargo container that is attached to it just vanish, and you end up with a shell of armor.
You need like 10 blocks of spacing using junctions to avoid that shit.
Or hide the connectors inside the ship using pistons wich is even more risky.

>flips open cylinder to reload
>giant hole in chest cavity where heart and a lung should be

>serious misfire
>every round in the cylinder ignites at once

>no visible hammer
>turns out it's tucked into his neck, causing his head to spasmodically jerk sideways every time he fires
>He takes a drunken dare to "fan the hammer" and winds up wearing a neck-brace

>has to pay someone to maintain the barrel since he can't reach into it himself
>Everyone jokes behind his back about having to pay people to oil his gun

>the interior of the barrel is filled with mechancial parts for the arm
Like that isnt enough to fuck everything up.

What part is it exactly?

First part remastered.
Didn't even get to look at the destroyers before it went to 90.

I had the opposite problem
>Graphics card could never survive what it was supposed to
>Even crashed occasionally
>Start investigating after it crashed during a fucking Lego game (a literal Lego(TM)(C)(Do Not Steal) game, not space legos)
>Temps through the roof
>Why tho
>Check the card itself when, while I've got my headphones off, I notice a distinct LACK of noise
>Fans weren't moving
>Have combined stroke and aneurysm
>Open AMD's shitty Radeon dashboard thing that takes ages to respond
>Fan control on ''''auto''''
>My ass
>Take control, kick them up to 70%
>Nothing
>WHY NOTHING
>Blast at 100%
>Finally work
Turns out I have to forcefully put them at full for a second, then lower them to whatever speed I think is sensible.
I fucking hate this card and company now, but luckily I have a set of pieces ready to assemble once I finally get tired of this useless lump of shit.

Sorry, what computer part is at 90°C? Also cap your fps to 60 or whatever you want.
My Nvidia card blasts to 100% speed several seconds after logging into windows then returns to normal.

But with my card I have to literally turn the fans on myself before they do anything, EVERY TIME I SWITCH ON, leading to the card trying to kill itself if I forget.
It's just... tiring.

My fps is caped at 30.
The graphics card is the only part that could heat up to 90.

>I fucking hate this card and company now
Never ever buy a low end nvidia card. And by low end I mean anything sub 600 shekels USD when it was new. AMD might just be consistently bad and very inconsistently good, but Nvidia is horrifically, embarrassingly inconsistently bad when it tries to go toe-to-toe with AMD in the budget GPU market. The 970 was not an exception.

>I fucking hate this card and company now
I had simillar issues, not to mention driver installation or anything are nightmare
not wanna shill the green guys, but apart from the planned obsolescence in updates that's why i have updates off it works bretty gud
>970
that was a horrible mistake, but I bought 960 4gb for equivalent of 275 eurobucks and spengies runs at more or less 60fps

That sounds pretty awful. Are there any thirdparty programs you can use? Something similar to MSI Afterburner? You can set it to open when windows starts and have a custom fan profile.
I figured I'd ask. I've had cpu coolers die before.

>t-34-122
>Picture it's not from a t-34 series tank
>t-34-122 is a egyptian spg modification of the t-34
Honestly, it looks like the kind of ground shit we'd build in FtD

>sub $600 is low end
>1060 is low end
que?
esc.pl/product_info.php?cPath=71_73&products_id=13341
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1369 pln to eur
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1369 pln to usd
I get that it's not 1080ti or titan, but come on, anything with 10 in front is not low
I'd argue 900s aren't low either, but that may be because I am cheap

Isn't 1060 basically 960 with new tech?

xx50 entry level
xx60 is low end
xx70 is mid end
xx80 is high end

>anything with 10 in front is not low
Good goy falling for the marketing maymay.

international.download.nvidia.com/webassets/en_US/shared/images/products/shared/lineup.png

Looks like a modeler in gayjew entertainment got really drunk and decided to make a new premium teir 2 tank.

I had a better solution to problems like those
>11 year old highly modified computer
>Sides missing to allow airflow
>Constantly have massive fan on it
>Can play extremely high end games
>If fan isn't on it for half a minute, it shuts down
>Parts are decently old
>Learn about cloud computing
>Realize instead of doing maintenance and upgrades, I could just downgrade to a potato and stream computer feed from a vastly superior computer far away
>Almost no lag with high speed internet, no over heating, and no need for new parts or even having to worry about getting ddos either

>no lag
Is 50ms no lag for an SP game?

fuck off cloud shill

>taking off the sides for airflow
I thought I was the only one

I bought a 970 for the same price of a 1050ti last week, buying new video cards right now is a big no no as prices are inflated y criptojews and next year we will get 11xx anyway.

whatever, I don't buy latest cards anyway, I wait for the next gen (or however they are called) and then check reviews for the previous

Cryptoshits will always inflate everything. Companies will never lower prices again after finding out they can raise them.

I have to agree with you seem a bit too eager to tell us about cloud memes
they will always be subpar option for the braindead, just like consoles, but for slightly more smug people

Yup. Play games your computer can handle and instead save up any money you'd spend on useless garbage subscriptions. Shills need to go and stay go

>just like consoles
>the power of the celll
So they abandoned and went to a raspberry hardware
>the power of the cloud
So your savegames and important data is stored and cant use it while offline
>the power of diversity
So you can experience how it is outside if you dont go there much
youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk

I can't even tell what you're sarcastically bitching at, and that's mainly because you didn't reply to anyone.

Oops. It wasn't sarcasm.

Are there no servers on MachineCraft or something? I'm getting none...

What specs do i need to run spengineers at a stable framerate?

>tfw too intelligent to care to understand naming conventions for graphics cards
>tfw to intelligent too just buy the most expensive one
>tf2 to smart to fall into the graphics card war
I'll be forever in cinematic experience, and only on select games.

Dream car builder should be on that list, add it

2x 1080ti SLI
128Gb DDR4 4000MHz
i9 7900X

for maximum performance, you should not load anything except the main menu

>spengos taxes gpu at main menu

It preloads the engineer skin room in the background.

you made me think i was in /tf2g/ for a second

>record 2 minutes 30 seconds of the first rally start where everyone wipes out in a spectacular fashion
>record 14 minutes of the second rally where almost everyone lives long enough for 1st checkpoint
kurwa.mac I bet the pollacks did it

/egg/ 's Wacky Races in spengos when?

>Complains about paying a subscription instead of just saving to purchase a new PC
>Had to pay more than the cost of the subscription in electricity bills each month to account for the amount of electricity their computer they saved up for, uses

Yesterday

Goddamnit i missed it

Cuckshill please leave

wasn't me
I recorded more than 4h

Video when?

Ubload 1st race, I passed by 2 wrecks but didn't record it

When it loads 1080p
youtube.com/watch?v=7bfWL9i4HQk

>no wacky races theme
YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

when again but without thrusters?

the current rules are ok, it was hard enough as it is.
we still doing shit today? I am up for race or uncontrollable battle