/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Couldn't appreciate a best waifu:

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub
If you see a problem, please reply to the OP with suggestions.

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2kqEfuVUwOE
discordapp.com/invite/C3AX2Hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They do, actually. The sheer amount of backstab/anti-backstab techs is higher than anything else in series and their execution takes actual skill. That's on top of toggles, ghosts strikes and other things. Honestly it's a great loss that From never realised how much unintentional mechanics they created and never tried to properly implement them in sequels. But at least we have Nioh now with far more skill-based combat.

>best waifu
You mean Maria ?

First for Sorceries > Pyromancies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hitting shit with a broken sword >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mircales

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE INVASION

>tfw mildred will NEVER ask for your cummies

>If I wanted that I'd go play Street Fighter.

I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger. A powerful sith you will become Darth Riot.

>I know my effort probably won't effect any actual change

You will win because you are my greatest invention. My most powerful weapon ever created. We will win this war. Search your feelings, you know it to be true

DS3 in a nutshell
youtu.be/2kqEfuVUwOE

Hello /dsg/.

I am planning to buy Dark Souls 3 for PC. What are the essential mods and fixes to ensure a steady 60fps on my low end PC?

I'm playing on a laptop. Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 15-7200U CPU @2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 8GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

depends on the game desu

there are no fixes, you will be able to run it but on the lowest res lowest settings and on 30 fps, probably gonna drop even lower than that in areas like dreg heap and undead settlement

wew la
those specs should be ok for das and sotfs
good luck with ds3

PvP:
DS1: pyro > miracles > sorceries
DS2: sorceries > hexes > pyro > miracles
DS3: pyro > miracles = sorceries

PvE:
DS1: sorceries > pyro > miracles
DS2: sorceries > hexes > miracles > pyro
DS3: pyro = miracles (endgame) > sorceries > miracles (early-mid game)

Here is a challenge: do your best to defend Farron Keep's level design.

Name at least five good things about it.

Go.

I can't, Farron Keep is the worst poison level in the series.

is dark souls 3 better than the turd of souls 2?

It's weaker as far as linearity goes but vastly blow it the fuck out in virtually every other way.
DS2 is the lowest point of series developed by literal interns.

wtf is wrong with the straight swords? they can barely stagger things unlike the bigger ultra greatswords
what's the point?

That's not me.

>It's weaker as far as linearity goes
mind explaining what do you mean?

best sloshing-through-sludge noises
largest nonlinear area in das3
excellently hidden, decently good loot
aesthetically pleasing; closest level we have to a rain level

challenging, high damage enemies that pose a threat at any level and NG+

DS2 gives you multiple choices in what order you can do locations.
DS3 is heavily linear, one location changes another with only a few points when you have options on where to progress next.
But to compensate it, DS3 has enormous individual levels.

Stamina efficiency

I can't, although I probably couldn't make a better flat level myself if I were constrained to it. The whole game would have looked better if there weren't so many little bits of garbage hanging around, Farron Keep in particular.

>i.e. that guy who fucks your face

Why is the invasion system broken and not fun in Dark Souls 3?

What went wrong?

that gif gives me fucking nightmares for centuries

if i were a kid when i saw this id probably fucking shoot myself the next time i went skeet shooting

Source on that gif?

that's very judgemental of you

So whatever happened to Frampt and Kaathe and the other Primordial Serpents?

why are the translations so bad in the souls games?

They are decent. Translating from japanese is extremely hard because of cultural differences.

because Japanese is an extremely specific language and much of the written context is extremely vague

Really? It's going to be that bad on my laptop? Then I guess I won't get it. I was hoping I could get better performance on the PC version on my laptop than the one I get for PS4.

Because the PS4 version of DaS3 somehow runs worse than Bloodborne, despite coming out a year after it. I don't know how they did that.

The problem is that the invasion system is designed in such a way that host, even ones with no skill or experience, will win 99% of the time for free and with zero effort.

I am supposed to spend most of my time on hollow mode?

>doesn't specify the game

no

there are many shades of grey to load in das3

It just feels too much like they tried to incorporate the pacing of Bloodborne in without much thought into balancing it around Dark Souls' slower paced gameplay.
That and they made it too accessible to newcomers and casuals.

Also that's a really fukken spooky gif.

Oh yeah
Those people who said the DaS3 would be about Londor or another place we already heard of

I FUCKING TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE ABOUT A COMPLETELY NEW PLACE WE NEVER HEARD OF
Souls DLC are ALWAYS like this. Just so you remember you are the fucking retarded.

>Gundyr
>Farron's watchers
>Pontiff
>Gundy 2
>Nameless king
>SoC
>Gael
But ofcourse DaS2 is the bad game for having too many humanoid bosses

>pacing of Bloodborne

Ds3 is faster paced though.

Do you guys have a Discord?

hello everyone
i like to complain about DaS3 trying to copy Bloodborne even though i never played Bloodborne

>tfw finally defeated the pursuer
Brainlet here, the fuck do I do now? also on what should I use my souls?
I just have a sword, when do I start using magic and shit?

I have a serious problem /dsg/. Ever since I've started using the SDCR for invasions, I simply can't bring myself to take it off.

I have tried, though, time and time again, to let some other plebeian shit grace my hand. Red Tearstone, Hornet's, the Milkring. None of them bring me the happiness and serenity of being silent as a feather in the wind.

I just can't go back to being a soundlet.

What do?

You should explore the area right after the boss.

But after that? I already have 8 hours on this game, I'm going super slow right?
Also here are my stats,

Cut off your ears and poke holes in your eardrums.

DaS2 is bad for having *trash* humanoid bosses. God DaS2 fags are desperate.

What do you mean? There's a "path" to the next area right after the boss, and another area you probably missed in Majula.
>I'm going super slow right?
nah

there are 4 big guys you have to find and kill
your AGL stat (middle column) is raised with ADP, and you want your AGL to be at least 95 by mid-late game
big VGR and END is useful
take ur time and have fun!

I see thanks, should I focus on STR or DEX for the weapons? lances seem to need too much DEX but I'm not sure how good are they.

just b urself

2h halves the STR required
finding a moveset you like is more important imo

the trash bosses were the non-humanoid ones tho

>I see thanks, should I focus on STR or DEX for the weapons
Whichever your weapon of choice has better scaling with.
Scaling are those letters next to the icons of the stats in the weapon information.

>Speed
>Not Charisma.

Try going for Quality if you wanna try out all the weapons, since it'll allow you to not only use most of them, but also allow you to powerstance a lot of them too.

...Just remember to level up VIT and END if you wanna powerstance though.

>tfw you will nevwr have a qt twinbrother whose soul in inseperable from yours

It can give you the feeling of actually exploring the forest/ swamp and getting lost, with only the lights as guidance compared to just following a path. The slug attacks have a similiar noise to the slugs from BB and I like that noise.
That's all I can think of.

Why is the Firekeeper in DS3 such a submissive bitch? She's a total pushover.

Farron loops into itself nicely with the shortcut that leads back to Road of Sac. If the area had no bonfires besides the initial one it would be a lot better for that already. The fires can be located nicely if you go on the broken bit of highway up top and I liked the broken highway bit.

does anyone have a ringed knight hood on PC? i got one playthroughs worth of items.

>Blue Flame not in DaS3
>People STILL think it's a better game
s m h t b h f a m

>wanting casters to have fun
>ever
Bitch if it doesn't involve mashing R1 and rolling it ain't worth shit.

yes

Blue Flame is literally rolling, mashing R1 AND casting magic dumbass

easily done with cheat engine

Can someone please post it then? Also, I'm not sure how to deal with all these shitposters I'm seeing, including the faggot thread maker who thought it would be funny to remove links from the OP.

>try to find some blue flame pvp videos
>they all cast spells with offhand catalysts anyway
holy shit you stupid niggers what's the fucking point then even

discordapp.com/invite/C3AX2Hk

Heysel Pick is a superior weapon in literally every way.

But it looks dumb and is named after the worst NPC.

>I don't have eyes: the post

Doesn't change the fact that it's far more useful than Blue Flame ever was speaking as someone who mained both in both games.

I actually don't know what you mean by this.

Heysel ain't that bad

it's ugly bruh

u2

But it's pretty

She's dirty

>true combos into soul greatsword
bueno

It's literally working as intended.

How do I kill that dragon on heides tower of flame? takes me ages to get there, should I fight the other boss instead of fighting the dragon?

should there be a delay before rolling in DaS 1 or is it just my computer?

Sprint under him as fast as you can before he burns you and then just chip away at his feet.
But yeah, if you're having trouble you can always just go the other way

Is there any way I can become a full sunbro who can help players at any stage of the game? It sucks that if I progress too far in my own game I pretty much get locked out of co-op in previous areas.

The other route is the way most people go. If you're having trouble with the knights try 2-handing an estoc and using the heavy attack, it always staggers them.

back up the save file

and how do I kill those white knights? I can't guard break them and they counterattack too fast

Well I managed to calm down before the tournament.
I did really well in the first round but lost the other two because the guy became a Slip 'N Slide.

keep your shield up and circle around when they do their combo attack and get the backstab. Maybe that only works with the spear knights I dont remember

In which game?

DaS1: Each player you help reduces the Faith requirement for joining, just put your white sign at Taurus or Gargoyles.

DaS2: Make a straight run to Earthen Peak, with a side detour to Lost Bastille for the Agape Ring.

DaS3: Literally just find the covenant item at Und*** Settlement.

guise?

I'm playing 2 at the moment but soul memory fucks it up even if I used the agape ring, since I wouldn't find people to coop end-game bosses with unless I took it off.

Haven't played 3 yet, how does this item work?

No, you need a different character for different sl/sm/weaponlevel ranges/brackets.

Dead thread