/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last thread:Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Version 2.0.0 is out! Watch the trailer here: youtu.be/U1gyg1HjPOY
--- New ranked mode, Clam Blitz! Available in the December update.
--- New music, weapons, hairstyles, pants, and 140 pieces of gear!
--- Two new stages, MakoMart and Shellendorf Institute, and two returning stages, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall! MakoMart has been released.
--- New SR stage, Salmonid Smokeyard!
--- Level cap increased to 99! When reached, you will have the option to reset to level *1.
--- New ways to take pictures with amiibo!
--- Weapons and gear can now be changed between matches without leaving the lobby!
--- Gear bought from SplatNet can now be traded in for the original!
--- Balance changes!
- Hydra Splatling has been released! Sub: autobomb, special: splashdown.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> Lobby Randomizer for lobbies
- agent-17.github.io/Splatoon-2-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrMkRkvsicy0clSo_jkwJ4lQ5z3iQQ5L5af3X9JeZsc/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw no barefoot option

please tell her she looks cool

Squid Goddess

looks good but needs pants imo

Autism Woomy!

new oc

Looks like fucking shit. I had to do a double take to make sure that I wasn't looking at some dead animal.

i cannot decide between shorts or pants

I think Autism Woomy looks better in pants.

I'm 100% certain she aint autistic

Got proof that Autism Woomy isn't autistic?

oh wow yeah thats way better

I WANT TO FUCK A YOUNG BUDDING TEEN WOOMY IN SHORTSHORTS

reminder that amputation is canon

Is there anything I should keep in mind for fast leveling?

Autism doesn't exist in Squidopolis. Any disease that hinders their social ability has been cut from the gene pool

That nintendo is against it

winning is important

Then why is she called Autism Woomy?

Use xp tickets. Don't lose. Actually get a high rank and play league or ranked instead of playing nothing but TW or SR.

What did they mean by this?

So that /ink/ can relate with it

say something nice about autism woomy! she spends all of her time listening to noise music and ambient doom with a tad bit of inuit throatsinging

please don't call my child autistic
autism doesn't exist in inkopolis

please take your time to respond to me

I wish rocket punches were canon

I get Xp tickets from that fastfood trucks, yes?

or campaign

She doesn't look very autistic with the pants.
I like her.

no, you spend them there. you get them from SR and single player

single player
mostly salmon run

Why do japanese people use Openrec? It's so very jewey

because it was created by japanese people

Does this woomy look like a kind of sniper woomy that always misses and lets your team down?

thank you

what she looks like is a disappointment

no she doesn't

Does winning with paint brush ever get more complicated than running behind people while their distracted and spamming the button? I just got to S rank and it still fucking works.

she looks like a dude

This. Same reason they use shit like NicoNico even though it did not even allow you to do basic stuff like skip ahead in a video,

could this be...? the new autism woomy...?

She looks australian and as far as I know australians are the designated sniper race.

Fug, I wanted to cop this look for my new Woomy but if it's taken then...

they allow that but only after it's buffered past that point

As long as it works, it works. But at some point people will know how to handle an ambushing brush user and be more careful.

is it just me or is bomb defense up actually really useful

I noticed that yesterday too, seems underrated in here.

What a great system. Truly better than stuff that youtube had since forever.

of course you can pay to get access to those features :^)

i got a triple of it and thought I got played, but trying it out on heavy splatling has been super useful, since burst bomb and special harass is a big weakness for it. I might try and get more of it on my set.

R.I.P Kelp Splat Charger

This is part of near-daily drawings featuring randomly chosen submitted squids. If you want to get in, post yours with a weapon not already taken on the docs!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrMkRkvsicy0clSo_jkwJ4lQ5z3iQQ5L5af3X9JeZsc/edit#gid=0
Note: You can update your squid's look if you want with the new update. Also, if you have the "on hold" status already, please do that before December 1st.

Next up is the Jet Squelcher!

jesus chris what is wrong with his fucking arms

>might try even more
Well then let me tell you of how I walked out of a splatbombrush basically unscathed because of my 3 mains and 1-2 subs I still had a drink active and didn't want to waste it so I leveled some new gear with fitting mains almost got a pure out of it too

what does on hold mean

More concept...its 7 AM so be gentle...
I'm thinking she's just, awful. Just horrible and Sweets hates her, but theres some serious yuri lust between them, or maybe she's going to be an android sent up to Inkopolis by the Octarians to spy on Inkling life, either or.

Means the weapon's squid won't be chosen until it's updated

Booty shorts > spats
However, Joggers > Yoga pants
Skirt + spats is still shit

>it's an "everybody superjumps directly into a shootout" episode"

>mfw there are japs who upload hour long walkthroughs of games to Nico
>with that shitty no skip system

Nice draw! I've got an updated Foil Flingza squid right here. Really appreciate having extra time to muck around with the update.

That new band tee is what all of the others should have been in the first place.

you can dl from nicovideo using 3rd party sites if you need to watch

how much better is Ranked for exp/money over turf war?

how so?

Is the Grizzco life preserver still the most revealing shirt?

depends how high your rank is and how often you win

Let's talk about the Hydra.
I tried it yesterday, and goddamn it's hard to use well. I mean, I know how to use the weapon, stay back, support the team, use partial charges when needed, etc.
Positioning is a bitch though. On half of the maps I played, I struggled to find spots where I felt useful without going in too far. Really think the Hydra should have more range for how slow it is, or at leat fix the dumb falloff thing.
The kit is great though. Autobombs are a great poking and harrassment tool that make it a bit easier to position myself somewhere useful, and Splashdown is perfect for the weapon. A few times, my team was pushing up in places with uneven topography. I didn't have a clear shot, so instead I moved in, spammed Autobombs, then swam to the front lines and popped Splashdown.
My point is, the kit can exert a LOT of pressure, and it can do so independently of the main weapon. I think the key to playing Hydra on some of the more closed maps is to know when to switch between using the main and using the sub + special.
Hydra's DPS is fucking insane for its range though. Full charge with Object Shredder is almost a guaranteed shield pop unless you're trying to do it 1v3 or something.

No stupid buttons ruining the look of what is otherwise just a basic t-shirt.

SR room open

here ya go user, updated picture for the regular splat brella (just ignore the one in pic related)

I know, right? This is exactly the sort of shirt I've been waiting for, just something nice and simple. Got really lucky that it had the same ability as my old one when it showed up on Splatnet tonight.

You get exactly 5000 exp if you win a league match with knockout, have a 2x ticket and are S+. Pretty sure solo rank at S+ is the same way.

Its only real benefits are the damage boost on a full charge, and charge duration. Both of which are hard to pull off with how much displacement is in this game along with the Splatlings' inability to charge store. Most maps do not favor it at all, similarly to chargers.
With how powerful close range is in this game, and the Stingray/Bubbles' power, I think the Heavy is just a better option now most of the time. The one thing that hurts the Splatling most is its lack of synergy with Splashdown; if it doesn't get a kill with the main blast, it has no other tools to deal out immediate damage like the Sploosh/Roller or Splattershot do. Autobombs are a good sub for it, giving it a chance to force an enemy out of an area while also building up a charge.

I'm S+ so I guess I should just do ranked.

I'll probably have it end up replacing my Choco Longsleeve as my recovery pure. It'll look better with more clothes.

bs

sorry, let me finish this round in ranked

sorry not sorry

there's a squillion t-shirts without buttons what are you talking about?

Band shirts.

nice boots

1 spot left!

Here's updated dapple dualies! Nice work by the way user

So you still need a splatoon amiibo to unlock photo mode?

yes

gay

were you coming back? you left right as i started

When you get more eggs with a dc than without

It lowers the difficulty when that happens, doesn't it? Was a good round either way!

I got this a while back, is this amount of ink resistance good? Or is it too much? or too little?

yes its gay

You could get an n2 elite and have all the amiibos you want for the price of 4 or 5 and less space than one.

It does but we should still be pulling more with 4. That being said it was my first game of the morning.

It was my first game ever with /ink/, actually

>pick dull straightforward weapon like jet squelcher or splattershot(s)
>get barely any splats and don't do heaps
>pick a fun flanky splat-oriented weapon like a brush or bucket
>get tonnes of splats but lose most games
I mean bread and butter salt of the earth loadouts are fine but, this still bums me out

Glad I could pop your /ink/ cherry! I'll be sure to throw you an add afterwards