www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6D77IF9lJ9g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cate tiddies

I'm confused with ES2s planets. Do you get the planet's base stats worth of FIDSI for every population on it?

Yes.

Yup. Then you add population and building bonuses.

If I want space 4x but without the shipbuilding and customization, which game do I play?

Sins of Solar Empires : Rebellion.

Doesn't that mean that there's absolutely zero difference between "+3 Food" and "+3 Food per Pop" then?

literally, one is +3 the other is +3 per pop

Aye. Except those big ones that give +50/100 lump bonuses obviously.

+3 food is for the whole system

Depends if it's on the planet.
Stuff that you build is system improvement, so if it says "+3 food", it's +3 food for the entire system, or per planet.

Is there another game? Sins is solid, but I'm put off by the game length

any with an auto-design option

I meant that in addition to that. How many times you raged over shit lost just because you aren't fast enough?
Though, to be fair, my idea would have its own problems too, pobably.

I see where my confusion came from. I was miss-remembering the text from anomalies and thought they could be something like "+3 food" but they always say per pop.

Are population stats added to the planet base? I assumed they were added separately but now I'm second guessing myself.

Population stats?

No, it didn't. If I remember right, it went under but didn't officially die.

He meant bonuses

Like "+2 凸, +4 凸 on Fertile". Would having only one population with that on a sterile planet mean that my system gets 2 凸 for every pop on that planet, or that my system only gets 2 凸 in total. (Assuming I have zero multipliers.)

What population bonuses?

Is there anything more loyal and helpful than Riftborn?
>slowly losing an attrition war to a Horatio and a pirate base shitting out endless fleets
>Riftborn call, ask for help with their own war
>ally with them, immediately conclude all the cooperation treaties
>they promise to send help, turn out the only trouble they was with one pirate base
>Zelevas spergs out despite neither of us being at war with him or even close to his borders
Seriously, every game I've been in the Riftborn have been ridiculously easy to befriend and never backstabbed me.

That talk of cannonballs in the last thread made me think of something.
Is there a good game with boats? I remember the naval battles in Empire Total War being really fun with broadsides and shits, but I haven't been able to find something fun that was entirely about ships.
And don't suggest windwarts, you can't fire a volley in there, and it looks like you're shooting softballs rather than cannonballs.

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Isn't it more about economy and management?

Port Royale?Corsairs? Its not a big genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=6D77IF9lJ9g

Fall of the Samurai has the best naval battles.

There's Blackwake, it seems very complete.

steam has been peddling that naval action thing to me for months. may be what you're looking for.

Is the tooltip for the advanced gameplay victory settings incorrect? When the slider is blue and to the right it says "Click to allow victory." which would mean it's disabled. Which is the opposite of how the slider says for everything else.

is there any good use for ES2 spaceports?

>put in Nock Guns
>they dont break your fucking arm every time
A
HISTORICAL

Also yeah, fots Shogun 2 ship combat is amazing.

deportation

>I'm really sorry you guys probably had to put up with this nonsense when /cbg/ was a thing
we didn't

Well, that one looks really good.

How's Shogun 2's naval combat?

Forward settling.

Sengoku Jidai Shogun 2? Its terrible. I think Napoleon TW also had good ships.

sim city 4 is bad.

Cossacks 3 has the most beautiful ships I ever saw in a game.

Making super-happy-fun gulag systems.

Or nice systems to move all your integrated populations to so you can be quiet and alone on you lava planet

They have to go back.

>ES2
>Playing Vodyani for the first time, first non-tutorial game
>All is well, just bullied Horatio
>24 pirate ships (with poachers) suddenly attack my capital
>It's okay because I have it blocka-
>They start combat with my ark
>Can't seem to do anything to attack them with my actual fleet
Please tell me I'm retarded and missing something, because that seems fucking lame that they can just do that.

was your ark parked? If yes then they SHOULD have first attacked the defending fleets.

Depends which era. The fots era is amazing, the others are kind of lame.

How hard is to learn Distant Worlds?

>capture Horatio planet
>these retards all starve because "fuck working!!"
>load the few of them on a ship, destination : the other side of the galaxy
>they have to cross craver territory
>surprisingly, they're destroyed
>lost 3 billions horatios
Oh nooooo, what a shaaaame.

Yes it was parked, and I had 3 fleets on Guard mdoe

It's actually pretty easy. Way easier than Endless Space 2. The hard part is remembering stuff, because the game explains almost nothing. It's entirely up to you to figure out why your economy is suddenly shitty.

It has good tutorials but like a weird difficulty curve where the game happily plays itself and it's hard figuring out where and when to do something to actually affect it.

Does anybody here play and discuss multi of ES2 or is it single coolstories only?

I'd like to try multi one day, but there's no spider race yet.

And I know that all of you fuckers will just go Horatios and form an alliance against me just to piss me off.

Is the manual for it actual? Is it useful? Does it actually explain stuff?

That's a beautiful idea

Best way to learn is to watch some beginner series on youtube

I suppose so. More relevant than Dominions 4's.

Fuck off.

Yeah, or start a game in Age of Shadows, without the hyperdrive. That's one nice thing with DW:U, you can play all alone, without even pirates.

what are the essential mods for sim city 4? I've heard there are some things that are broken in the stock version

uninstall.exe

Good luck, I've been completely unable to get a modpack together for SC4.

Just play on Hard. The game has been balanced around that difficulty, so Normal just breaks later on when the economy just tanks because it's all out of whack.

not hard at all. you don't actually need to do anything to play it. the game plays itself.

>DW
>Easier to learn than ES2
You are weirdly wired.

Es2 has a lot more little subtle interactions.

i heard development tanked

How the hell do you find ES2 easier than DW? DW is pretty straightforward : research stuff, exploit ressources, set on advanced refueling bases, bully natives and pirates, slaughter space worms and shit. In ES2, there's diplomacy, internal diplomacy, and all that stuff.

Super easy. Just sit back and click "approve" every time your advisors tell you to do something.

Maybe i'm used to Amplitude games. I feel like everything is where it should be, so it's easy to learn until you want to understand politics.

If I'm not mistaken the game is retarded and tells all fleets in the system to Guard

ES2 is pretty straightforward : research stuff, explore curiosities, setlle new colonies, bully riftborns and pirates, slaughter cravers and shit.

the "difficulty" is mostly superfluous stuff.
galaxy settings, resources, unintuitive research system, ui, and its real time.
es2 is streamlined

Oldshoes' modpack should be floating around somewhere

Otherwise, modpacks for SC4 plain do not exist, as the modding community was particularly autistic about intellectual property

Network Addon Mod is really the only absolute must-have, all else just makes the game prettier

I use them as Horatio to help farm certain species before turning them into a rich, nutritious sauce to consume.

Everyone else uses them to have the population produced on certain heavy food systems then shipped out to other settlements.

.... is SC4 a 4X game?

I'll check it out, and good to know I should play on hard

>/rtsg/ /cbg/

Your arc was your most powerful ship and went first in combat. If you didn't have enough fleet cap to let other ships come in, it would've done so alone.

Pirates attacking your arcs is actually a good thing, provided you keep them up to spec, as you don't need to disengage to get rid of them and they usually (for me at least) don't come in 24 sized packages. It makes pirates less of a nuisance for Vodyani players.

/cbg/ is city building game, right?
totally missed those in the OP.

You can also put pops in the spaceport with no destination if you need to temporarily remove pops from a system, such as a newly conquered planet that has a heavy food deficit, or to cheese the quest you can get for having Horatio pop as someone else (making multiple systems have only Horatio pop)

By this point, we're an umbrella general for strategy games in general that don't have an autistic enough fanbase to get their own thread.

Don't take this as a challenge to become autistic yourself, btw.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How come nobody ever made a graphic update for Alpha Centauri? I literally have 3 xcom clones on my phone

>not being autistic
This is the problem with this general

That gif tries way too hard.

>our advisors are telling us to attack our own colony
What's going on?

Pandora.
That hideous mod for Civ4.
The never-ever mod for Civ5.

Just disable them desu they just spam you with random shit

Your advisor is a puritanical inquisitor who has discovered a nest of enemy within.

>tfw Alpha Centauri will never have a worthy successor

Should I just buy Endless Space if I enjoyed Endless Legend?

>call to power will never be topped

You could pirate it and buy it if you like it.

I'm a bit lost with the lastest ES update. Since now lasers do damage at every range, is there anything better to equip unless the ennemy is full plate armor ?

In MP terms you got unarmed anti-laser screens as counters

>tfw we will get to alpha centauri before Alpha Centauri gets a successor

What space 4x game has the most complex and satisfying diplomacy system?

Civilization : Starships.

civ 4 has the most depressing sound design. everything is so distant and hollow.