/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1084 - Chaos Emeralds Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fzTItNHFC94
youtube.com/watch?v=ScxQHriXRnM
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Boom_(fan_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8o5zU2RRE
youtube.com/watch?v=p1EXSbb1bXk&spfreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell me about your very first (if you remember them) non-forces sonic oc's, /sthg/! One of mine was a literal recolor of sonic. He was a teal hedgehog with gold eyes that wore a trenchcoat, was the son of shadow, and his version of chaos blast was a controllable energy sphere like broly. Another was a black scourge clone in a white jacket with shadow's skates with the red replaced with blue.

Friendly reminder that the weak jackal who thinks he's as great and powerful as Infinite is just under the same illusion everyone else is.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

I can't believe Tails is fucking dead.

I've never made a Sonic OC.

>a modern Tails game where all of the gameplay is just him playing on his iPad

>Six Chaos Emeralds

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mine was also a Sonic recolor. He was silver, had blue eyes, and was really good at climbing trees. His name was Silver (this was before 2006).

Wait. If they really spent 3 years making the new engine how were they able to use it on the 2016 Mario & Sonic Olympics, taking on account that the dev process for Olympics must have been at least 1 year?

Never felt compelled to make one. That still didnt save me from the autism. It just finds another way

>Modern Tails game where he plays an emulated version of Tails Adventure on the Miles Electric

GIVE ME HAAAAAAAAAAATE

The flat colouring is finally done (along with the jet fire) for the #1100 drawing I'm doing! Next is the shading and making that cute round forehead of his all shiny looking How's it looking so far?

The truths is that they made a mediocre game, regardless of how long they actually took to development.

It was a prototype version, apparently. Both it and Forces share similar file setups. Probably being worked alongside.

That doesn't answer his question at all, user.

If the engine development had started back around 2013-2014, they likely had it ready for the Rio 2016 game.

Mine was literally just Silver.

youtube.com/watch?v=fzTItNHFC94

pounceu

Best ship

THIS PAIN PERSISTS

what's the point of using red star rings to buy gold rings in speed battle?

I'm sitting on 43k simply because everything levels up so slowly.

I CAN'T RESIST

City Escape Act 2.

Get all the Red Star Rings.

This is a relic of my history. I believe I have mine around still when I was in grade school. (4th-5th grade?) But I was on the fence about the idea until oversaturating recoloring Sonic X character videos like youtube.com/watch?v=ScxQHriXRnM and I felt obligated to participate and did things like combine two species together.

It was suppose to be a personification of me even though I looked nothing like it, not even the same outfit style but I liked stars and astronomy related concepts. At the time, my favorite color was black and pink and I liked my favorite characters Sonic and Tails that I didn't know whether I wanted to be a hedgehog or a fox so I combined both.

I have a couple of more actually.

>that red star ring you need to get while skateboarding
FUCK

I still haven't managed to get all of them, many tries later.

Sudoku awaits.

I like it, user! I like that your doing a more dynamic pose/different perspective than normal.

I'm also and the jellyfish is my current character. I wanted to provide a comparison and a visual. I didn't really change artistically but I've been trying out a little bit of things every now and then.

Very exciting, makes me want to run into his arms and embrace his cool body.

CAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE INFINITE

It seems like Sonic fangames are commonplace now. What was the oldest/first Sonic fangame? 3D or 2D?

Based Tanaka
>too many kung-fu movies
That baseball episode was 10/10

Sonic Boom by Clickteam for Klik & Play

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Boom_(fan_game)

Sonic Advance 1's intro might work. For Classic, there's SegaSonic the Hedgehog and an unused one in Knuckles' Chaotix.

What's the best Sonic cartoon?

unironically boom, with everything everything else being crap, and underground being super crap

Boom, only for being a generic sitcom instead of a shitty action cartoon (a shitty comedy cartoon, in AoStH's case).

Sonic OVA

The OVA.

So I still encounter people who refuse to call Eggman anything other than Robotnik...

... How much media featured the Robotnik name without any mention of Eggman? All I can think of are the DIC cartoons, the dub of the OVA and a couple of translated Spin-Offs games.

Who is best girl?

I love it how some of them try to push the idea that Eggman was only adopted after Adventure and that he was Robotnik prior to that. It's like they don't even know that he was originally called Eggman in Japan.

StC and that one French comic are the only other ones I can think of.

Eggman was referenced in AoSTH like once.

To be fair "Robotnik" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "Eggman". "Eggman" is more the name of a Mega Man boss, and not even the final one.

Cat gonna eat that rat

>disgusting cowtits

Nice

t. jealous flat cat

>tfw no fire kot to share blinis with

To be fair, Robotnik is just as retarded a name as Eggman.

Would cop a feel

She's eight years old sicko.

Nobuhiro Watsuki pls go and stay go.

Is that fox years or human years?

yes

The OVA. If you don't count that then Sonic Boom I guess. It has action, decent writing, decent jokes, etc. all around decent cartoon for Sonic. I think if Sonic Underground didn't have those obnoxious songs and have some kind of overarching plot, it would have been the best. The first three episodes are great. If they kept that quality up, the show would have been good. The idea of Sonic having a brother and sister is stupid but they could have made it work.

I want that made into a real outfit.

Go away, Tamers.

Honestly as a kid I liked all of them, but I can't help but feel like Underground had the best setting.
It felt like even though the world was a roboticized dystopia, there were still lights of goodness shining through in places. And the show had an adventurous feel where three colored Sonics (great character design right there) would see new places and find people who are still going through their lives with small glimpses of hope even in this bleak future.
SATAM couldn't achieve this imo.

How come Sonic having relatives is dumb?

What was her name again?

toilet paper

Cream

MILF

adult human with a rabbit head

>To be fair "Robotnik" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "Eggman"
No it doesn't, it's just a word for "worker",

Velveteen

>I'M NOT WEAK

what if his name wasn't robotnik or eggman but robotnik as in robot nik i.e. Robot Nick. Like his name is Nick and he's part robot. What do think or should I say "What do you thik"

>UURRRAAAAAAAAAAGHHH

Post Blaze getting high

BAW GAWD, HE'S BROKEN HIM IN HALF

*inb4 100*

We're going so fast lately

Glorious Chestfur

Reminds me of the Sonic X comic issue where he was disguised as a car mechanic named Robbie Nick.

It was Robotnik in pretty much every media befre Sonic Adventure, aka the point where majority of people stopped giving a shit.
In my country anyone who knows him would call him Robotnik with no mention of Eggman, and that's assuming they even remember him in the first place.
Also Robotnik is way better than Eggman shit.

Boom and OVA, they're on both sides of the spectrum.

I wish Boom explored more about the world or character's backstories and then it might have been kino

Amy, Sticks, Wave

That is a qt Tails 10/10

I like Robotnik because it sounds kind of Russian. Doctor Ivo Robotnik.

Eggman will always be his nickname to me, with Robotnik being his real name.

TAKE THAT SONICHU!

Amy, Blaze, Rouge, and Sticks are the holy four.

She's just all grown up instead of a preteen. Just wait until Amy is an adult human with hedgie head.

Cream's mom

I just realized Sonic characters don't have necks.

Amy
Wave
Sticks/Blaze

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8o5zU2RRE
don't read the comments section

wEW dat edit

Here's best girl. In fact she's so great she never appeared in a Sonic game again and wasn't even originally from Sonic. That's how best she is.

They don't, and it's really annoying when trying to draw since figuring out where to rest the head on the shoulders is hard.

I found one good artist who could give them necks that look good but I forgot who he was.

All Sonic girls are somehow best

youtube.com/watch?v=p1EXSbb1bXk&spfreload=10

Necks are overrated.