Point me to some great historic displays of loyalty

point me to some great historic displays of loyalty

Other urls found in this thread:

napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/IMPERIAL_GUARD_infantry_1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Varangian guards

>When Napoleon was defeated, dethroned, and exiled for the second time in the summer of 1815, Ney was arrested (on 3 August 1815). After a court-martial decided it did not have jurisdiction (November), he was tried (4 December 1815) for treason by the Chamber of Peers. In order to save Ney's life, his lawyer Dupin declared that Ney was now Prussian and could not be judged by a French court for treason as Ney's hometown of Sarrelouis had been annexed by Prussia according to the Treaty of Paris of 1815. Ney ruined his lawyer's effort by interrupting him and stating: "I am French and I will remain French".

Portugal honoring secret treaty with the UK in WW2 in spite of liking fascism

Harald's huscarls forming a shield wall around his body and dying to the last man

Let's talk about fratricide instead
>Attila the Hun
>Genghis Khan (Both his half-brother and his BFF who was also "Blood Brothers" with him)
>Romulus
>Ashoka
>Every Ottoman ever

>Ashoka

???

It's been heavily exaggerated but according to legend he killed 99 of his brothers after they had his father killed.

there's a reason why napoleon was the best man ever created: not only he was charismatic enough to have men following blindly but he was also the best at sorting them out and maximizing everyone's potential.

and there's why there are so many stories of loyality around this man.

>link very related: napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/IMPERIAL_GUARD_infantry_1.htm

>In 1814 the Guard fought hard at the Battle of Paris. Lieutenant Viaux of 2nd Grenadiers of Old Guard collected 20 soldiers at Montmartre and fought to the end. His body full of wounds was found under a tree, with saber in his hand and surrounded by corpses of dead and wounded Prussians. Near Courbevoie the invalids of Old Guard refused to surrender shouting "The Old Guard has never laid down its arms". The invalides gave up their fight only after had been granted a honorable terms. At Saint-Denis 400 voltigeurs of Young Guard led by Major Savarin refused to surrender to the Russians. [cont,]

[cont.]
>Another royalist, Chateaubraind had noticed how the veterans had "pulled their bearskins down over their eyes and presented arms with a gesture of fury."
Chateaubriand related that when several weeks later "the King passed, the grenadiers of Old Guard bared their teeth like tigers. When they presented arms they did so with a movement of fury, and with a noise which filled the onlookers with terror."

a lot was removed since for some reason there's a character limit in a fucking history board but the story is quite fascinating specially in a time where treason and subordination were dealt with capital punishment

>tfw you promise your boys that you're going to conquer the world and you keep winning but you keep on discovering shit you had no idea existed and your empire is getting so big that you don't even know if your boys will be able to control this gigantic landmass you've beaten into submission when you die of some shitty foreign sickness but you can't stop because your soldiers are so proud and you just want to make them more proud

>you can't stop because your soldiers are so proud and you just want to make them more proud
but he finally stopped because his soldiers revolted

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little hoplite? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Lyceum, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret sieges on Persia, and I have over 100,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in Phalanx warfare and I’m the top Cavalry commander in the entire Macedonian hetairoi forces. You are nothing to me but just another Sarissa. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on my Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Barrel? Think again, slave. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Asia minor and your face is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, helot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the known world and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of my continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>Gang Bing is most notable for his act of self-castration as a display of loyalty to his emperor. He served under the Yongle Emperor, the third emperor of the Ming dynasty who ruled over China from 1402 to 1424. Historical accounts describe Gang Bing as the emperor's favorite general. Because of this, the Yongle Emperor placed Gang Bing in charge of the palace in Beijing while he left for a hunting expedition.[1][2]

>At this point political intrigue within the walls of the Forbidden City forced Gang Bing to make a drastic choice. The Yongle Emperor possessed a large harem of concubines; sexual contact with a concubine by anyone other than the emperor was a severe offense. Fearing that rivals within the palace may accuse him of sexual improprieties with one of the 73 imperial concubines,[2] Gang Bing decided to execute a plan of terrible self-infliction the night before the emperor left for his trip:[1][2] he severed his own penis and testicles with a knife.[2] The general then placed his severed organs into a bag under the saddle of the emperor’s horse.[3]

>As predicted, when the Yongle Emperor returned from his hunt, one of the emperor's ministers reported that Gang Bing had had inappropriate relations within the imperial harem.[1] When accused of misconduct, Gang Bing instructed that the emperor's saddle be retrieved and requested that the emperor reach inside the bag under the saddle. Inside the bag, the emperor found Gang Bing's shriveled, blackened genitalia. Deeply impressed, the Yongle Emperor elevated Gang Bing to the rank of chief eunuch, a politically powerful position within the palace;[1][2] gave him numerous gifts; and proclaimed him holy.[2]

>Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!

Fuck...

Egaz Moniz, aid to the first king of Portugal. The king used to be a count that owed vassalage to the king of Leon and Castille, who wanted to be emperor to all of Hispania (latin name for all of Iberia). This aid brokered his lord's submission. In the face of his lord's treason he tied a noose around his neck and ran with his family to pawn his life and that of his family to the emperor, so as to make up for the breaking of the contract.

>joke's on you, I had my dick cut off! ahahahahah

>Harald's huscarls forming a shield wall around his body and dying to the last man
Lies. There were survivors. They just lost the battle, they didn't sudoku for their lord.

>you'll never get tired of winning

Sad

Remember the days of the French Master Race, when they actually fucking conquered instead of getting invaded by everyone. RIP Napoleon.

Being a Blood Brother means shit when you steal half of your tribes men and tell the Khan to fuck off.

shit tier answer, They killed the emperor numerous times. They were pretty much mercenaries, only loyal as long as the cash is flowing.

They were still bros even when Temudgin finally beat Jamukha though

That's more than can be said about local mercenaries, who couldn't even remain loyal with cash flowing and left at the first sign of danger.

George Thomas was pretty loyal.

What the FUCK

"Only for Emperor Yongle, will I sever my beloved dongle" - General Spoons Falling Down Some Stairs

>Dude, I don't want to start a fight with Sun Jian, withdraw man.
>NO NO NO NO. MUH SUN TZU. A COMMANDER IN THE FIELD IS NOT SUBJECT TO DEMANDS FROM THE CIVIL GOVERNMENT.

If it's any accurate, I'd add in Musashibo Benkei.

>They were pretty much mercenaries, only loyal as long as the cash is flowing.

I think you meant "soldiers" user, not "mercenaries"

Probably the best possible outcome of putting your dick in a sack

He was loyal to his empire until the end and refused to flee when given the chance

Any of women loyal to men?

Augustus had a cool wife who was basically the ultimate first lady. Woodrow Wilson's second wife, Edith, was pretty good too. When Wilson had a stroke and basically useless she stuck with him and ran the country in his name to get what he wanted accomplished.