/ss13g/ - spessmen on a space station

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Special headmin election edition!
>People who have signed up are Sawbones, Nuke, Meet me in Dorms / Jeroen, foster, Goldsteel, chocolatemoose, Niggly
>People who have said no to signing up are Arthur, kammer, senaat, boxed, mustard
>Vote for your metabuddy now!

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WOYMWqYCFeE?t=5m56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick, what's your favourite mode:

1. When you're playing antag
2. When you're not playing antag

fuck sawbones

1. highlander
2. cult unless I'm sec

>
>Ops/cult/tator

tfw no sec bf

free my nigga bamshoot

I know that feel !
Are you a man_

I've got a few questions:
>I started playing the game about 2 years ago, recently got back into it and have only played on Veeky Forumsstation, are there any other worthwhile servers to jump between?
>How important is R&D/Science? I haven't done any of those roles besides occasional xenoarch and was thinking of trying one, not sure which.
>What antagonist role is best to ease yourself into antag play, as I've never done antag before outside of cult indoctrination and rogue AI as borg?

This is not how you use greentext

>headmin election starts december

>cm for your daily autism immunity building
>science is gay
>all antags are fun, go for objectives only until you’re comfy with it and then make your own fun after

>>I started playing the game about 2 years ago, recently got back into it and have only played on Veeky Forumsstation, are there any other worthwhile servers to jump between?
Depends on what you're looking for, really, but I'd say we're a quite unique experience.

Aurora is pretty good if you like HRP.

>How important is R&D/Science? I haven't done any of those roles besides occasional xenoarch and was thinking of trying one, not sure which.
R&D is giving medbay fancy toys, Science is "dude bombs lmao - the job", and Xenobio (slimes) is fun but like Botany, pretty much a solo minigame.
I find those jobs a bit boring, to be frank.

>What antagonist role is best to ease yourself into antag play, as I've never done antag before outside of cult indoctrination and rogue AI as borg?
I wouldn't know, I also don't like to play antags and would like to try out.
I'd say tator because you're not impending a team and aren't facing an upfront security team like a wiznerd or worse, the whole station, in case you're a bleb.

The main contenders are Dorms and Sawbones.
I am not kidding. This is literally what's going on RIGHT NOW.

Is it actually true ? I didn't see anything on the forum

Moose dropped out
Nuke was never serious about it
Niggly was memeing
That leaves Foster and Goldsteel

The admin discord is in total fucking meltdown right now.

Jesus christ how horrifying

This is going on RIGHT NOW in the admin discord and as a forum PM to all admins, and set as a Memo ingame.

tfw man who also plays sec

oh fuck someone predicted this months ago

#prayforprae
The last good candidate left

Meet me in armoury

What the fuck?
Is this lifeweb in space?

No prae

whats this? It looks like someone re did some of the sprites and modified the UI

Thought'd be easier to copy paste.
Forgot about quick reply highlight.
Alright fair enough on Science. Most science roles and engineering roles I have yet to mess with, same with security, but Sec seems like its either for masochists or powerhungry nutbars.

If I understand it well, it is because MrPain666 isn't available too often ?
Doesn't nuke still holds the rank of Headmin ? He shows up in red on the forums.

The metaclub won

Metaclub insider here.
Nevill might unironically be dead IRL. If not, at the very least he disappeared online.

All prior headmins show up as red because it's easier than removing it
See OP for people in it except for people just mentioned

List of admins that DONT want to be headmins: Arthur, kammer, senaat, boxed, mustard

He's pomf's special boy.

Post news articles.

what's this?

the ONE person deserving of headmin doesn't want it

Sec is fun
Preserve the fun of the innocent
Stomp those who dare break the law because that’s sec’s fun
But don’t be a fucking griefing faggot like most sec right now where they just hide and tase you for no reason when you’re in a menu, steal all your shit and disposal you because “someone hacked into brig and u had gloves”

I know, sad that Boxed doesn't want to be a headmin.

arthur?

Aurx seemed to have come back, I saw him admining a few weeks ago, or does he prefer to stay away as a regular min ?

was his final *fart before getting banned a sign? What was going on? I miss that lad

I hope he never comes back.

>what's your favourite mode:
>1. When you're playing antag
I don't play antag.

>2. When you're not playing antag
Cult. I like to observe cult rounds and criticize every stupid thing that happens. It's a ton of fun.

redpill me on chocolatemoose because he's gonna be the next headmin, calling it right now

I should elaborate that I've done a couple rounds as Warden. I enjoyed the workflow for the most part, but it got kind of stressful when the HoS never arrived and I was essentially in charge of security and cult was making my life a living hell.
I just wanted to be a jailer/monitor/arms handler.

He just said he's running
Who /moose/ here

All mins got a forum PM with instructions on how to sign up as a headmin candidate, so bug whoever you want to become a headmin.

Forum votes are fucking dumb. Why don't they just choose the next headmin with a real life battle royale?

People elect themselves as candidates on the forum, what happens afterwards is a lot of bloodshed.

1. Good ol' traitor, or wizard if I wanna focus less on a creative gimmick mechanic wise and instead just run around shooting fireballs and being a huge cockbag.
2. Anything other than meteor/blob/wizard.

Contrary to fagsec belief, starting warden makes you a stellar fucking officer later
So long as you play letter of the law warden and do your best
It’s going to be the most stressful shit ever,and will test your typing speed, decision making and fighting when you’re the last man standing.
But most importantly it reinforces your law knowledge to the point where you operate to the book without thinking.
Keep at it. Switch to sec officer when you feel you have everything memorized, but remember you’re shifting down a rank. It’s the second step.
Glory to nanotrasen

>tfw no caldwell bf

Kenji was pretty great actually, would like to see that gimmick again. He acted really flustered when I asked him if he needed anything from the protolathe.

t. one of the accused feminist agents

youtu.be/WOYMWqYCFeE?t=5m56s

when are we going to get lifeweb cyberspace?

I unironically would prefer this to be the ballet list, I have nothing against even one (1) of these admins

Not being retards is probably why they don't want to.

Yeah well we can't always have nice things, the current list has sawbones and goldsteel on it

this picture is fucking perfect

There's no election or anything so

Not yet, but the list of candidates will be known on the first of December.

only one way to change that user

>playing nuke ops, second time
>Gettin ready and shit waiting for the infiltrator's signal
>suddenly get blown up and die
>ask admin what the fuck, "everything's good dawg"
>spend rest of the round as a ghost
Good round would play ops again

>self shilling

Nah there's just none.

>run around roundstart as mime
>throw pie at janiborg who is a good three tiles away from HoS, who is walking away from it
>go about my business
>HoS shows up in tool storage as I'm getting some tools, wordlessly tases, cuffs, drags me to brig and sentences me for 4 minutes for "assaulting a head"
>he beats me in the head with harmbaton for good measure as I'm gesturing an explanation of what actually happened as best I can
>explain in detail via PDA later
>he doesn't care
>it's nuke ops

Should I have ahelped this? I imagine we want to discourage this kind of shitcurity, but it felt too minor to bother.

yes

this particular person is a big shitterooni
ahelbo it especially if its a head role being shit

I dunno, on the one hand it's obviously a bit shitty behavior, but on the other, doesn't playing mime kind of make you a semi-valid target for abuse, kind of like the clown?

not for arrest

Not at all, nor does being the clown.

If I was jailed for throwing a pie I would ahelp desu, but that's me

I get where you're coming from though, like if in response to a pie some random assistant decided to give you the slipp and then cablecuffed you and buckled you to a rolling chair and paraded you around for 4 minutes before setting you free, you would no questions not even care, right?

Philosophically I think this is kind of a weird situation with SS13 and the reason we have so many people playing assistant but rarely a captain. Captain comes with potential ahelps but assistants are basically expected to do minor shittery.

Thats actually pretty fun though I wouldn't be so mad if that happened over getting put in brig and brutally beaten for a minor crime by a non-antag

Huh... so lifeweb is just edgy high RP SS13 now.
And their R&D is a boring seizure flash minigame.

I guess the point is in the case of sec, they start out with a lot more power and authority, and weaponry, and they're expected to follow space law, so they need to be held to a higher standard.

Head on top of security is just another layer of accountability and a tier higher standards to be held to.

thanks doc

thats exactly waht it is, leave us alone

My first act as Headmin is to deadmin zealot and immediately step down.

ok

Foster is an alleged /ourguy/

>Sawbones
>Nuke is a furry that let saronsen stay admin for so long because of furry erp
>Meet me in dorms
>The fuck is jeroen?
>MsFoster
>GOLDSTEEL
Chocolatemoose is actually pretty good
>Niggly is a genuine pedophile

What an awful fucking list.

jeroen and meet me in dorms are the same person

Sawbones, Moose, and Foster are the lesser evils

tfw no tfw no bf bf

>Nuke is a furry
>Niggly is a pedophile
?

Never forget Sawbones let his metafriends IC in OOC in his special EVE discord

>sawbones
>inactive
>inactive

Seriously? That's what you pick and not the fact that he literally metagamed?
Or that he raided another server?

I was inactive because my brothers been trying to kill himself and my computer died and I never got around to fixing it

>Sawbones
>Lesser evil
In what world

>2561
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

>Nuke is a furry
Nuke had a deviantart account and left a comment on 1 (one) piece of furry art saying it was nice.
In all fairness it was a pretty normie-tier picture and there was literally nothing sexual or suggestive about it, so meh. t. certified on this kind of thing
It might have even been him just trying to be nice to an online friend or something. Who even knows. I'm guessing the saronsen ERP thing is just shitposting. If you wanna rip on nuke you could just say how he's literally a fucking insane drug addict that made horrible administration choices.

Foster, are you actually going to crack down on shitter admins

I actually don't pick captain simply because you can't do your job properly without constantly being on the verge of being bothered by bwoinks.

Some assitant is in your office. You:
A) Robust him before he draws out his syndie items and kills you
B) Robust him and get bwoinked for "unreasonable escalation" for a "simple B&E"

The RD is hadning out eguns to the cluwne and his friends. You:
A) Get sec to bring RD in and have the HoP demote him to the role of assistant, when he confronts you with a toolbox you robust him.
B) Get sec to bring RD in and have the HoP demo... BWOINK BWOINK BOWINK

Your role is to make sure heads to their jobs and make the major decisions regarding the ship. Yet the reality is that you are constantly dealing with salty people who don't agree with your decisions and would rather run to daddy ahelp before even attempting to resolve it with IC roleplaying.

I feel sorry for every captain, how you enjoy the role is beyond me.

The reason the HoS doesn't have this problem is becasue the hoS usually deals with greytiding shitters, so any complaints they voice is met with "act like a shitter, get treated like a shitter". You as cap on the other hand are dealing with heads who, when they are being shitters, are borderlining it constantly so it is a judgement call you have to make wether or not you are going to do something about it.

just make Kammerjunk do it