>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone

>Discord
discord.gg/W9jSqq9

>Deck cost comparison
Standard Tier 1 decks: 14k, 10k, 8.5k, 5.5k
Wild Tier 1 decks: 10k, 8.5k, 8.3k, 6.5k, 6k, 5.5k, 5.5k, 5k, 4k

Previous: Thread's modifier: All instances of "Good" and "Bad" must be replaced by "Ben Brode".

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14498161/
metastats.net/archetype/matchup/5/),
jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Play Taunt minion
>Have complete board control
>Can't kill the mage because lol ice block
>Mage blasts your face for lethal anyway
Why do mages get to completely ignore the rules of the game?

Paletress has to be one of the better waifus in this game.

>he wants the whole game to be a midrange mess of minion
No. Magic went to shit when it stopped making interesting spells and became mtg: the tappening. If anything I hope we get MORE spell heavy decks in HS.

Trump gets beaten by women just like the real Trump

The face of STEAL TREACHERY! STEAL TREACHERY!

ok of the revealed cards so far who's getting the best stuff /hsg/? I'd say
>priest
>warlock (rin is a meme but the rest are really good)
>mage
>druid
>shaman
>rogue
>paladin
>warrior
>hunter

warrior is hard to judge right now honestly

>mage secret : summon a copy of the last minion to attack your hero on your opponent's turn
is it playable?

/hsg/ I hate my display name. I made it 9 years ago after a WoW achievement that I had. Getting really tired of seeing it. Should I use my free battle tag change? Suggestions on what I should change to?

Change it to "Howlongcanthisgoon" or no guts

DAMN WHY THIS BITCH SO (T)(H)(I)(Q)(Q)

Galvadon's never going to work, but I really don't want to dust him

Don't do it now that the new Paladin lego is announced. She's honestly a lot better than people give her credit for.

> *mass dispels u*
> darkness will consume u!
> heh, nothin personnell, uther

She's ok but gets rekt by silence. If there's lots of shaman or priest running around she's unplayable.

What other legendaries would I need in that deck, though? I don't have voraxx or tirion or any paladin legendaries for that matter

>b-but silence!
You understand you can make that argument for like half of the cards in the game, right? That's like arguing that a card is bad because removal exists. At what point do we just say every minion in the game is bad?

LifeCoach AKA High test mancoach AKA big bushy cockach played the chadiest deck (only deck that took ANY skill mind you), Combo warrior, which was also the cheapest deck, however castrated low IQ sissies (mostly /hsg/ regulars and assorted cucked soyim from r*ddit) cried so much since they had extremely low IQ and couldn't win vs superior chad patrons had it gutted.

I think it kind of ruins the current flow of testing Mage Secrets. If Ice Block didn't exist it might work

If you want to go all in Tarim Tirion and Voraxx could be the 3 you would want. Maybe Keleseth if you want to run a more aggressive list.
If you just want the staples that are useful in pretty much every Paladin deck just get Tirion and Tarim.

Should I unironincally pre order?

Depends on how much gold you stacked really

I mean, if you're going to waste money on this shit you might as well waste it as efficiently as possible. Do what makes you happy, little dolphin.

I would probably only have like 1500 saved by the time of release because I was trying to pull some ungoro legendaries and epics I wanted.
I never got them

This. Playing her in hopes she doesn't get silenced or removed is the same as dropping any late game minion hoping the same. If she gets silenced and drops to 1/1 does it suck? Yeah, but hey that silence has now been used and you can have less fear of another big minion also getting silenced. She'd fit well in a midrange/control/hybrid where you'd be playing Spikeridge anyways, and having Blessing of Kings or Adaptation in the deck wouldn't be the worst thing to potentially give her an extra umpf because it still benefits your other minions. Is she the best Pali legendary? Hell no, Tirion will continue hold that spot and probably will forever at the rate they're treating Pali legendaries. Is she playable? Probably more playable than Bolvar

that's true but certain classes have access to particularly powerful silences/removals and they can win the game off the tempo gain of killing your seven drop for much less mana. Priest can neutralize it for 0 mana, shaman kills it for 1 mana. If those classes are common she's really bad.

Cards like this exist specifically to punish silence and hard removal. The entire idea is that you want your opponent to agonize over using their resources, because eventually they won't have answers. Even better for you if they're scared enough to hold shit and you just grind them out with earlier pressure.

Lynessa amplifies the threat of lingering minions in a similar (but delayed) fashion as Bonemare. The mere existence of this card encourages your opponent to trade inefficiently into your board.

someone post armpit girl

Having spent the last few hours playing Quest Paladin I predict that the new Paladin legendary will be absolutely terrible

but priest has so much removal user they're not gonna "run out" cause they spent 1 on Lyanna. They have
>silence
>songstealer
>death
>pint sized combos
>psychic scream
>shadow reaper battle cry
>less common but there's even MC and that delayed MC thing whatever that card's called

Priest will not "agonize" over killing Lyanna he'll still have plenty of removal for Tirion and whatever else you play.

Shaman can earthshock it and still have 2 hex's left.

You don't even need to run her in a quest paladin deck. Just run her in a midrange with 2x BoK and Spikeridged like every other paladin deck.

Playing Big Shaman against Highlander Priest has very clearly shown me that they do not, in fact, have infinite answers. If I've seen Death and forced an Anduin, they've lost. It's true that silence changes that math a bit, but Pally gets to run BoK and Spikeridge and if that shit ain't getting handled they fucked.

This is, of course, assuming something similar to the current meta where Highlander is best priest and Pint Sized/Horror is getting cut for space because it's inefficient against the bad matchups.

If we assume, like you seem to have, that the priest is running two copies of every removal option -- well then I'm just gonna hit him in the face with minions while half his dumb deck is dedicated to not threatening me.

She is better than terrible quest. I don't see her carrying any deck on her own but she is better than Bonemare at tanking hits. If you already run Spikeridge Steed in some board heavy deck and you want to get some late game roadblock but don't have Tirion, she might work for you. I wouldn't expect anything fantastic though.

>Big Shaman

Big Druid. I read your last line about Shammies and Earth Shock and got confused. I may be a bit drunk.

Do you seriously think buff paladin is played just like Big Druid? Even though it doesn't have ramp, card draw and direct damage spells? Sober up and think again.

Wow so priest is completely unbeatable.

No? What the fuck are you talking about? The point was that Priest is bad at responding to persistent threats. It's literally the one thing that consistently kills Highlander.

Highland Priest wants to clear your shit a couple times, and then go into it's burn phase. The problem is that its burn phase does a limited amount of damage, and it does less damage as it spends more to control.

Your game is dead.

One of Toast's friends Lilypichu is going to try to get into Hearthstone competitively. She asked how much it would cost and he told her around 200 dollars USD.
Do you find this to be accurate? Is this an acceptable amount of money to you to become competitive in this game?

>The point was that Priest is bad at responding to persistent threats
The point was made about Priest ability to answers threats in the context of the new paladin legendary.
If you've already forgotten about that you must be really drunk or really stupid

I'm drunk, but you're retarded. Highlander Priest balances control against its threat package. A card that demands more control makes Paladin stronger.

Plus, you know, there's more than two classes in the meta.

seems a bit on the high end to be honest, if you focus on one deck, you shouldn't have any problems, especially with things like jade druid being way cheaper than most of the decks and is quite competitive. No, you dont need fandral or malfurion, they're just nice to have and increase win percentage in mirrors, but otherwise its a deck of mostly rares/commons

>talk about new paladin lego and whether it's vulnerable to removal or not in the working paladin deck
>idiot brings up his Big Druid experince as evidence
Yeah, you are real mongoloid

strawpoll.me/14498161/
strawpoll.me/14498161/
strawpoll.me/14498161/
please consider answering this poll

Literally fucking nothing to do with Hearthstone

Idunno. I've spend around 70 dollars on Hearthstone and I find myself only barely competitive after playing on and off since 2014. Admittedly this is not doing dailies every day since then, etc. but I could see $200 being an accurate amount.

Arguing is so much easier when you ignore what the people you're talking to say, and just make up your own shit. Hgihlander Priest dies to persistent threats, which Paladin is already good at and is improved by the expansion.

Midrange Pally already wins against Highlander (metastats.net/archetype/matchup/5/), but sure. Priest is going to have a million answers because you're bad at the game. Stay golden, friendo.

the most expensive part is first getting a solid classic collection, which those of us who have been here since open beta have. The last time I preordered was old gods, and I've still been able to stay somewhat competitive, just doing dailies. Though theres still some shit I cant afford, like raza priest, but thats mostly because I refuse to disenchant non duplicates

jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1102

>Lily is going to be streaming hearthstone
I can only get so erect

wtf that card is beyond broken

I spent 200 USD on this game. Been playing this game since last wave closed beta. If I have to play competitive I can field 5+ standard decks provided I eat into my dust to craft Malfurion/1 more UI/2 vilespine. So it is doable if you started earlier. Nowadays, I think you need a lot more money if you want to have multiple decks.

Is there a way to make hs deck tracker forget a game? I played two 80g games and lost on purpose and the losses are messing up my stats. also for some reason I played one of the games as warlock and it recorded it under shaman.

Would you play this card?

no, at 5/5 I think it's kinda weak

Open stats.
Select the games.
Hit delete

>Throw a random skelemancer into my midrange hunter deck as a meme and to fill for the second hydra
>Suddenly people are really afraid to board clear
This is fun

that did it thanks

Thanks but I'd rather it summon 1/5s and cost 6

These are my winrates for last tavern brawl.

They probably should have given player 2 an extra card for the entire game.

>Literally can't block kripp's shilling

Same here and yet I might not preorder, it just seems like a Priest and Druid clusterfuck so far it seems pretty unfun.

>burn opponents Raza
>suddenly it's a fair game

Is it still likely the release for this expac is the 7th?

This guy is cool but he's shit isn't he? You're never getting this off on turn 5.

how does play dead work with skelemancer?

ask yourself one thing: how often to find you have all four totems on the board?

I've never tried it but I'm assuming it doesn't work at all given the stipulation on the deathrattle

No one let's totems survive if they can kill them, that's not worth the effort of pulling off.

almost never

figured as much. I've just never seen it happen.

It won't summon the 8/8. I had a hunter in arena who tried to pull that off and nothing happened.

Is the dude dying? His health rant just now was strange.

I wish Voraxx would count towards quest and the new lego, Paly Quest might actually by viable then

>You mean Blizzard didn't plan for players to reliably summon Al'Akir + a 5/5 on turn 5?
Gee motherfucker I don't know about this one.

even on later turns though I don't think it's going to be reasonable to pull off

Doesnt.
The summon only happens if its the opponents turn

That would only work if you also had Totem Witch / Tuskar. Then that is true RNG fest considering they doesn't follow the 1 totem per rules. And everyone would gun for them when they realize it is a totem deck.
Maybe in a Brawl he will have shenanigans, but useless in the other modes.

does this actually contribute to the paladin quest? The voraxx says "cast" and it doesn't work so why would this?

No

forgot pic.

Why don't they just change this interaction? it might make the worst quest in the game actually playable.

It does not.

Does a different person write the effect descriptions for every single card in the game? There's no consistency at all.

They dont give a fuck

Let's talk about this card since I haven't seen much discussion on it. Obviously the effect is good but looking at the actual pool of minions currently available there's not that much that's actually insane to pull out like this.

Do you just put it in an aggro deck and you don't really care what it's putting on the board or do you think there's a deck to be made around pulling specific things?

Because Blizzard openly stated there are players who love playing with trash cards for that 1 in 40 games when trash cards manage to beat meta decks. Devs make some of the cards specifically for these people to toy with. Paladin quest is one of these cards. Streamers can generate more views by playing with trash and get some ebin vids for admoney, hence why Brian Kibler defended paladin quest in Ungoro.

>it's a "win x games quest" episode

Murlocs honestly. Fins the deck

can pull murlocs, the righteous protectors, argent squires and it thins your deck out. pretty good card. unless duskbreaker and cataclysm are really popular.

It fits into Dude Paladin in Wild. It thins the deck for recruit synergy and it's likely to summon 2 divine shield minions (Shielded Minibot and Righteous Protector, maybe it will be worth adding Argent Squire and Selfless Hero to the deck too) for the Rallying Blade buff.

Just play against your alt

you could try control pally to pull out doomsayers and loot hoarders. but yeah, this is a another midrange card. 4 mana at that too

>not that much that's actually insane to pull out like this
If I unpack one or two of these then Millhouse & double Dirty Rats could be worth experimenting with.

This shit happened to me today, and before Majordomo I got Sergeant Sally. My opponent emtombed my Paletress and when he drew it he got Tyrantus

That's kind of the problem. It really has to pull 3 2 mana minions to be an efficient 4 mana play and even then, Paladin doesn't really have that much in the way of crazy 2 drops.

Then there's the problem of not having 3 2 or less costing minions left in your deck when you draw it (though this is more an issue if you were trying to run it in midrange or control, in an aggro deck you'd have to be pretty unlucky to draw all of your 1 and 2 mana minions before drawing this).

Ultimately I feel that it will still be too clunky for any deck to really use except maybe Murlocs because of how much they love flooding the board.