/eog/ - Eve Online General

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Shekels edition

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training, and flying, frigates through cruisers is F2P, with some limitations on modules, etc. A list of skills is available for the announced 20.4M skillpoints version:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm
>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!

Past:
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

Question of the thread: What flavorful but not neccessarily functional change would you make to your favorite ship to make it more fun?

>stratios
>hacking in a stratios
>ever
>ever
Don't actually do this. Use a covops like a human being. Astero is acceptable, but you really want a covops once you can get it.

What about hacking in a Proteus?

>Covops over Astero

t. Astero pilot looking for free kills

>astero over covops

t. covops pilot wanting to warp twice as fast as you and take all your sites because covops is better than astero and only a total moron would ever get caught by an astero

Speaking of hacking ships, is the Pacifier any good for hacking/explo? It looks pretty squishy, but 4 high slots and the rep bonus looks bretty gud

no, it's a gimmick/collector ship

>Question of the thread: What flavorful but not neccessarily functional change would you make to your favorite ship to make it more fun?

rifter -1 low +1 high

who sells these

me

>not using the new updated OP

>exploration
>incursions
>ratting

how old are you guys? just curious

im 8

13/f/cali

so i died in my venture to npc things while i was making breakfast

can i loot my corpse if its still there? tho if have no clue which asteroid belt i died in

Do you want to touch my thorax

wrecks stay in space for like 2 hours or until downtime

Yes you can, just warp to each asteroid belt in system until you find your wreck.

But first look at your killmail because it's possible nothing dropped.

Player wrecks stay until DT.

Only NPC wrecks disappear after 2 hours.

pretty sure this is made up

Self destruct your rorq and find out

well i had some ores on me, doesn't that drop by default?

i want to go on public fleets, what are some good ones to join

No, every item has a 50% chance to drop.

A stack of items (like ore) counts as one item, so it's all or nothing for the ore.

what can I expect if I go into a wormhole in highsec?

seems like its either gone or didn't drop

oh well its worthless anyway

It'll take you to a non-hisec system where you COULD get killed and podded. So just be ready to die.

Doesn't mean you will, but be ready for it.

If you're doing data/relic sites, make sure to google all wormhole sites you find. Some of them have NPC enemies.

wormholes can lead anywhere

High, low, null or wormhole space. Right click on the wormhole and read the description to see where it goes.

If it's anything but highsec be prepared to lose your ship and if it's null/wormhole space be prepared to also lose your pod.

>beeeeeeeeeeeeep buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup beeeeeeeeeeeep t. aggro timer XD

are wormholes cleared on server restart

No they persist until their timer runs out

Though they have been known to glitch out and disappear

Most public fleets are utter shit. Partly because you have a bunch of highsec shitters that have never pvp'd before joining to get their feet wet but end up ruining things by jumping random gates or constantly asking FC wat do. On the other hand, the FCs for most public fleets are atrocious (in part because they have to herd these bunch of cats and hold their hand).

Lastly some public fleets are so big that everyone knows about them and they will just get hotdropped/bombed/ganked as soon as they leave highsec.

Read the wormhole's show info tab for a hint. Use cheap ships until you learn what goes where and how properly.
Farming newfags is a routine wormhole activity.

spectre fleet

you might also want to check if your countrymen have community channels that have people organizing roams

>spectre fleet
>good
lmao

they got completely shitter shattered just past weekend

DT doesn't respawn all asteroid belts? i have 6 in my nullsec zone and all empty

It should.

But it isn't outside the realm of possibilities that CCP fucked something up.

well im not sure whats going on then, i sneaked in before the downtime and now scouted all 6 but they are all gone

even 300 miners would not have been able to farm them all in 2 minutes so i think its on ccps end

Dumb question maybe but do you have all different ores showing on your overview?

yeah of course, but its not visible on my screen either

Petition a bug report.

Someone may look at it in 8 years.

I thought they were going to resize caps
what the fuck it's been over a year what the fuck have they been doing

Does CCP even have a dev team

Nah

CCP were going to do a great many things. Shield slaves, handing out marshal battleship on TQ, module tiericide, the list goes on.

These things take time user. Their dev team, one guy coding in his spare time, can only do so much.

devs are busy making skins and giving corax +50 shield

Come on now shiled buffs are pretty effective
50 shield is like 150 EHP and it also buffs the regen

is cppc dead

I don't know user. You tell me after they made the game free to play, added skill injectors to nickle and dime what's left of the playerbase and finally fired almost their entire community team.

no I mean cppc not ccp
eve's fucking dead I get it I just want to look at spaceships without opening the client

I had to google that.

McFucking kill yourself.

hey at least I don't use reddit spacing

I don't even know what reddit spacing is.

But thanks for outing yourself as a reddit user I guess.

>not using a tool because of its name
lmao@urlife rn

implying I have a life

>finally fired almost their entire community team
nigger what
I haven't been keeping up with the development of this game
Literally what the fuck

There's only two community people left right now and that's Falcon and Guard.

Guard is a bro but Falcon is a walking PR disaster. It's unbelievable he of all people gets to stay.

>all 4 tournamentfags still butthurt

>thinking anyone still cares about a rigged tournament after betting became illegal

desu couldn't care less of some faggot getting his golden ship or what ever, barely even watch alliance tournaments myself

BUT

If a company can't fucking get prices like this out on the fucking first day it just tells of the sorry state of the company. It's not like CCP has the excuse some bigger companies have like Riot Games where they got bazillion different servers and languages and like 100 million rewards every year.

Like this nigger should be giving the prices manually right after the tournament, there's like dozen of them to be given out takes like 5 minutes if you are competent.
Someone should be fired for this stuff

Bitch we're still waiting on our alliance tournament medals from 2 years ago.

Yes we filed multiple petitions and even got logibro to respond on reddit. Multiple times. It takes literally a few clicks to award this medal and they still can't be assed to do it.

CCP employees are lazy or incompetent as fuck.

Exactly my point, shouldn't take ages when you could do it in the hour after the fucking tourney in the first place

How long until permanent cluster shutdown lads?

I'd say about three years. Their project Nova will turn out to be another spectacular failure and after implementing some other few dozen half-assed changes in Eve they will have managed to piss off enough of the playerbase.

Hilmar will anounce everything is A-OK at fanfest then peace out to the bahamas with the remaining funds two days later.

eve will die when there's a superior competitor that manages to snatch the core playerbase

Yeah still waiting on that one.

Elite: Dangerous and Star citizen are the only two things coming somewhat close in scope and setting and they failed pretty hard.

What happened to eve
Why is it dying
What can be done

it's not dying any more than always before

Its playerbase is literally dying or otherwise doesn't have the time to keep playing pixel spaceships online in their adult lives

Nothing can be done. You can't change Eve into a themepark mmo to attract the more casual players without a complete overhaul. The game is currently staffed by a skeleton dev crew so that's just not gonna happen.

there was very evelike Albion Online (which even had some former EVE dev(s?)) but I think it flopped, too

That's because the gameplay was extremely basic. I followed it pretty closely.

What you did was literally gather wood, ore and hides ad nauseum and then craft shit with it. That's pretty much the entire extent of the game aside from some gimmicky guild territory bullshit.

>comfy scanning in wh
>warp to data site
>sleepers
shouldve read the wiki

you could probably have warped out before they target you in your shitfit heron

my overview was on the loot tab, I had no idea

>warps into unknown site
>doesn't have hostiles on the overview
you dun goofed

>soe ships
>laser optimal bonus
>fit full rack of pulses
>65% (stratios) - 88%! (nestor) of pg gone

fit one fewer laser and rely on the range and the drones instead

When will they sack CCP Seagull?

they do shit damage at it is

there's never any point in fitting lasers in soe ships

>fitting ships for damage
Just do a rainbow crystal setup, that's already worth it by itself on SOE ship

is your rectum ready for alpha clone rokh blobs?

>make optimal fit
>looks great
>load up API, adjust for personal skills
>lose 200 DPS and go straight below the required damage threshold
Well fuck you too game.

>required damage threshold
what now?

It's still between 19k-24k players, so seems about as undead as it has for the past decade to me.

Possibly after realizing 20m SP and access to T2 weapons suddenly removes the need to sub for a lot of people or the creation of alts that now do things while people spin in station.

I wanted to make a stratios for killing ratters in nullsec that does 700-800 dps , which should let me kill most VNIs and ishtars in something like 30-50 seconds. Less if they're passive tanked and already below 70% shields.
The fit I made does ~850 with blasters at max skill, but once I replace T2 drones with navies and adjust for my SP, I drop below 700, to ~650, which berings me closer to a minute of sitting there smacking the guy while in scram range.
The laser fit does ~700 from beyond point range at max SP which is a lot safer way to do it, but medium lasers are generally bad so I don't have them trained.

now the only sites I can find in wh are sleepers, what gives
the first 2 I found were normal ones

Do you use the new map or the old one?

new I think

>have to fetch a skillbook 1 jump away before new alpha changes hit or else I miss out on 256 free SP
>too afraid to undock in a pod because death will send me half across known universe
>can't pilot anything else because omega expired
>no normal shuttles for sale at current station
I-i j-just want my f-free sp... plz

Which skillbook is it
I'm new tell me the secrets user I want to play your amazing spaceship game

If you don't play then you won't understand.
It's free SP because it's alpha-trainable, and alphas don't pay.
Once new changes hit - it's no more free training past 5m SP.

There's only one skill that was added to alpha roster, and it's Reactions.
Didn't even read what it's for, but free SP is free SP.

How many blueprints do you get by progressing through missions? Should I go fight pirates to get shit instead?

Yes questing gives you good recipes for crafting

How long has this been a thing? When I last played, BPs were from NPCs and rare loot from sites.

Missions have a point now beyond helping newbros get some decent money, eh?

don't forget to come visit tastela and get some handy barge kills

is memeing. Missions don't give BPs.

Faction lp can be spent on faction bpc's

apocalypse buff when

Faction lp can be spent on faction bpc's

Will they add Navy Apoc to alpha skills?