How did the ancient Greeks reconcile their general distaste for women with the fact that their favorite god was one?

How did the ancient Greeks reconcile their general distaste for women with the fact that their favorite god was one?

>ancient Greeks
I think you mean Athenians

Athenians corner the market on Athena loving and women hating, but no everybody loved Athena. Even the Spartans I believe considered her their main god.

Because Athena was their perfect waifu who was the smartest and the wisest and the best fighter and super pretty.
Not like Stacyaea who is a total whore and douche boyfriend Chadicles.

The Greeks didn't hate women. Who told you this shit.

wut? the spartans' liked Hera and Ares better. also not sure why your saying Athenians "hated" women just because their society was more restrictive on what women could do compared to today, even relative to other greek city-states. a better question would be why did they have a goddess that didn't stick to women's role in society.

this. keep in mind that even though she was a warrior she was also a virgin.

The same way otaku NEETs reconcile their general distaste for women with the fact that their 2D waifu is one.

Athena was actually Spartas patron goddess though.
Also Syracuse, Alea, Mantinea and Tegea.

just because they didnt recognsie your feminist bullshit doesnt mean they had a general distaste of women you retard

Maybe not hate, but they definitely didn't hold them in very high regard.

Lol okay buddy

they held them in very high regard
>Lol
go back to plebbit

I know this may sound childish, but I believe the comparison is accurate.

Many Veeky Forums users hate women, but love their 2D anime "waifus". The Greeks hated woman and saw them as inferior, but loved their perfect, ideal goddess.

>they definitely didn't hold them in very high regard.

The mere fact that they had female deities disproves that claim. Granted, their female deities tended to be assholes, but same applies to their male deities just as much.

>The Greeks hated woman

They didn't. This is a load of crap.

>The Greeks hated woman and saw them as inferior
they didnt you ape
i agree with the rest though
it reminds me of medieval minne culture

Come on man, Pericles had to threaten the Athenians with losing their welfare bucks to make them marry Athenian women.
No surprise when contemporary accounts claim they were all shrill harpies. They loved their gymnasts and waifus so much because the alternative was shit.

Why would I get a wife when my apprentice can give birth to my child from his boipussy?

The real question is why get an annoying Athenian wife when some poor metic would do anything for your glorious war-hardened thetic cock?

Plato wrote some feminist stuff but then retracted or contradicted it in his later writings.

The Republic stated that if women were trained similarly to men, they would be just as competent.

Kys retard and suffer in hell

athenians did