Be Catholic

>be Catholic
>ignore the first two commandments

Papism: not even once

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l--pgx632fg
aloha.net/~mikesch/burn-heretics.htm
age-of-treason.com/2015/03/03/julius-evola-the-british-empire-was-a-creature-of-judaism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>false idols
>false
key words are important, you would know that if you passed 1st grade.

Good thing muslims aren't false idols and even worshipped by the Pope.

Why the hell should someone follow them?
>Causeamsgoivhaweuignow
Nobody cares.

>thou shalt make no graven image
>thou shalt have no other gods before me

Catholics break these on the daily

>Be protestant
>Hate Mary

Heretics: Not even once

Neither of those are broken, only someone who knows literally nothing about Catholicism would think either of those are being broken

"""""Intercession""""" is a weak attempt at an excuse and you know it. Worshiping humans is heresy.

Italians worship their mothers and transferred this cultural trait onto Catholicism and spread.

>Not a single proof

>be Christian
>worship a Jew and his adulteress kike mother
>consider cuckoldey holy
>consider a desert pedophile spirit obsessed with boys' foreskins a god
Wew

I don't really understand these things about catholcism

>liking mary so much
>the trinity
>those weird ass sacraments like confession and communion

I'm a catholic but like...where is the biblical basis for those things?

Where in the bible does it say "ayy lmao when you're like 8 years old you're gonna eat the host and then you can also go tell a priest your sins. also, god is 3 parts not 1 and p.s. you need to like mary a LOT but not worship her, okay thanks"

Thanks for feeding catholic shitposters faggot.

Worshiping =/= showing reverence, remembering the deeds of others and showing them respect for their conviction isn't worshiping you ignorant heretic

>Thou shalt not kill
>kill
lmao non-Jehovah's Witnesses

The Bible isn't the only source of Catholic dogma, tradition is a big part of it as well. Remember that most people didn't even read the Bible until a few hundred years ago.

It's not based on the bible but on church tradition. Also the church put the bible together.

So why did they start the tradition then

Because Catholics are morons

Because the Church is not a thing bound by Scripture. It's the other way around, actually. We can only properly absorb Scripture through the lens of Church teaching. Christ didn't make the Bible. He made the Church.

You're getting on your knees and asking them for things through the same mechanism that God hears your prayers. That's not the same thing as showing reverence.

Did someone get his butt on fire because of the IRA post/discussion?

t. not even Irish

>not wanting to worship someone means you hate them
Fucking Papist logic I swear.

>worshipping =/= showing reverence

In the Bible it's the exact same thing.

>Be Catholic
>worship Mary

Op's pic

They didn't, they broke from it. Church Tradition is kept pretty much only by Orthodoxy.

Nice arched back you little heathen

>be a Catholic
>believe you need to do good works to get into heaven
>examine and celebrate the lives of saints to best live according to this philosophy

i mean, makes sense to me.

>examine and celebrate the lives of saints to best live according to this philosophy
If by that you mean "prostrate yourself in front of a statue of a saint and pray for mercy" then sure, this is what Catholics do.

Your church does exactly as Jesus said of the Pharisees and scribes in Matthew 15:1-8 which is written for our instruction

I thank God for men like John Calvin, Jan Hus, Martin Luther, William Tyndale,and Ulrich Zwingli, Just a few men who stood against your church so that people were able to trust God's word instead of follow erroneous Roman church teachings that in many cases were exactly what Jesus said "traditions of men".

Hey, the guy didn't say Catholics are smart, only that the concept makes sense.

>Thinking humans doing human things like praying before statues is evil
>Doesn't know that grace sanctifies nature

they didn´t, traditions were pre-existent

youtu.be/l--pgx632fg

>>Thinking humans doing human things
You mean sinners practicing sins
>praying before statues
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

as a neutral Orthodox here, Prods are autistic and Jewish

>neutral Orthodox
Is this codeword for "unbelieving LARPer"?
>Jewish
yep, you're a LARPer

Lel I just had an image in my head of some autistic neckbeard being dropped off at his local orthodox church on Sunday mornings by his mom in her minivan

>Be Catholic
>Moan about a specific group of heathens raiding your monasteries
>Prohibit any heathens from practicing their faith whenever you get the majority

I fucking love it when jews try to tell christians about their religion.

Dumbass christians eat this shit up.

Go and try to tell jews about judaism. You will get fucking crucified by an angry army of jews.

Lads, I'm so sick of the double standards.

Catholics just venerate models of virtue like Mary or some saint. It is not idolatrous

>Jesus creates the church so it can adpat to different times and to be a spiritual guide.
>Heretics still dont get this.

Judaism predates Christianity. If Christians didn't want to be told about their religion by Jewish scholars they should have followed one of the sects that made a cleaner break from Judaism like Marcionism.

>be Catholic
>do this

>Christian
>not Catholic
onto the bonfire it goes

All those who turn their heads away from the church of St.Peter will burn in hell for all eternity.

Catholocs do unironically want this.
aloha.net/~mikesch/burn-heretics.htm

Dear God you pleb, read some theology and philosophy. Start with Saint Augustine and work your way forward to Aquinas etc. Protestantism is limited to the Bible but Catholic dogma goes further than that. The Bible is basically a select summary of Christianity.

>It's another "Catholics worship mary" meme

the Bible was compiled by the church. It's like asking what the "biblical basis" is of the structure of the Bible.

>be christian
>worship a shitty idol
>practice polytheism
>believe the messiah is divine

christianity: not even once

Veneration isn't worship dude, in the past people used to bow to kings and princes and shit, it wasn't worship, it was a sign of respect. By bowing to a statue of Mary they are simply expressing their respect for her, the statue itself is just a hunk of rock and everybody knows it is nothing more, it is just a helpful visualization when paying respect.

Protestants have trouble identifying idolatry, they think paying respect to a person or object is elevating them to godhood, which is just false. Idolatry is sincerely believing that a physical object has some divine power, there is nothing idolatrous about bowing in front of a statue, just as there is nothing idolatrous about appreciating a painting or appreciating what is being represented by a painting.

If there is any Catholic who thinks a statue of Mary may be divine in and of itself, they are committing a sin, plain and simple. Bowing to something is not worship, nor is praying in front of it (praying to it is, though), nor is kissing it (as is common in orthodox Christianity) unless you want to consider kissing your Mom on the cheek a sin for worshiping a human being.

Praise Jesus.

You're praying to them. If that's not worship I don't know what is

>“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." -Exodus 20:4

Tell me, when saints are depicted in the heavenly host, is that breaking this commandment?

You don't have to answer.

Jesus quotes scripture as the authority over the erroneous teaching of the Pharisees, just as the christians of the Reformation did to call people to the scriptures OVER the teachings of your church

Of course Jesus would object to bowing to statues in any form. But he would probably object to the idea he was divine as well.

If your worship is undermined by veneration of saints, then you aren't even religious m8.

No, it's thanking the saints for clearing the path for us.

>clearing the path for us
>praying for mercy

What's the fucking difference

There is no praying.

>what is intercession

You don't even understand your own heresy

>Be Catholic
>go to da church
>Priest is a pedophile
>Confession booths
>Made up saints that people worship to
>Idols and crosses that people worship to
>More people look up to the made up saints more than Jesus, Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, or GOD HIMSELF
>A bunch of baloney tradition that has no evidence being in Scripture
>All feels like a placebo effect that does not work
>"""saints""" go around picking money from church goers for good life
>"people """pay""" for prayer from a priest
>"""baptism""" at 1 year old when toddler becomes a degenerate later on in life
>Church goers are told not to read their Bibles but to keep them under their bed
>"""Communion""" for little girls
>"""Communion dinner""" consists of grape juice and wafers
>Church goers rather worship saints than God himself
>Church goers think wearing a cross makes them holy

You do know that the commandments only exist to be broken right? If no one broke them, then there would be no point in repentance.

Posting photos? You fucked up kid.

>Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Pretty much

This is twisted logic even for a Catholic.

The fact that the photo I posted exists at all is proof of Catholic heresy. I didn't make it, but someone did and they're going to hell.

All these things are the result of Catholicism simply being Judaism retooled to make it palatable for pagans. Hence the symbolic cannibalism, bending of monotheism and bans on graven images.

Protestants are literally braindead cultists that on some level hate christianity.

This is a fact.

Idioic post.

Protestantism from the very beginning is perversion, or a calculated attempt to subvert and destroy christianity. You see jewish and islamic influences trump over any semblance of Christianity. There's a reason why the Rothschilds championed Britain.

age-of-treason.com/2015/03/03/julius-evola-the-british-empire-was-a-creature-of-judaism/

>Be Christian
>follow the Old Testament to the the letter

Prods: not even once.

I don't really understand these things about driving

>liking rolling stops so much
>the stick shift
>those weird ass decals like bumper stickers, truck-nuts and rear-view mirror danglers.

I'm a driver but like... where is the owner's manual basis for those things?

Where in the owner's manual does it say "ayy lmao when you're like 16 years old you're gonna get a license and then you can also drive on highways by yourself. also, the car is meant to only go up to 60mph despite what the speedometer says, p.s. you need to like Ford a LOT but not worship it, okay thanks"

You were obviously not raised very well as a Catholic, your parents and community did a poor job of educating you. Shit breeds shit, I guess.

No one 'starts' a tradition, dummy. It's an expression of culture, a way of doing things, (and its variances) over time.

Only third worlders do this kind of thing. You can find youtube videos of third worlder evagelicals and even more mainstream protestants doing even whackier shit.

Catholic church is not christian, in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Paul summarizes the gospel that he preached, and it is faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Period.

No priests; no church; no works; no sacraments.

Is it heretical if I want to fuck mary?

>be Christian
>ignore the first two commandments

Christianity: not even once

Wow, take a look at this 10 Commandment fundamentalist. In 2016.

Do you follow 3000 year old Middle Eastern old folk tales in all aspects of your life, or just when shitposting?

>No priests; no church; no works; no sacraments.
Yea, good luck with that.

>palatable for pagans
>bans on graven images
How would a ban on graven images make it palatable for pagans?

That's basically what Quakers do.

What's wrong with having no priests/church/works/sacraments? All that stuff just gets between you and God.

You really think the faith would have ever spread at all, much less been coherent and theologically more-or-less sound without official dogma and structures? Without allowing every single crank to interpret it in his own special snowflake away over the centuries?

Quakers are able to exist thanks to 1800 years of organization before them.

Then why the hell do you have a religion?

>Jesus says a kingdom against itself shall fall
>Thanking God for schismatics who tore apart Christianity and are still splintering to this day

Wow it's almost like the demi-god you Christians worship who washed his followers feet! Imagine that, guess Catholics have this Christianity thing down more than Protestants.

>ITT protties trying to justify their heresy by using ineffective arguments against the only Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

This is an intelligence test. Please finish the following sentence:

"Faith without works is __________"

It was Jesus Himself who stated, "he who hears My word, and believes . . . has passed out of death into life" (John 5:24)

Adding works only dilutes the power of faith

It's the main error of Roman Catholicism.

>It was Jesus Himself who stated, "he who hears My word, and believes . . . has passed out of death into life" (John 5:24)

Assuming that the unknown author who wrote the gospel now labelled "John" actually accurately reported Jesus' words when he was writing it several decades after Jesus lived.

False, otherwise chaos would overtake everything, and while faith alone is enough for 'resurrection', you would be hard pressed to remember why you should strive for the light in a completely uncivilized brutal world.

He also said "Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter."

WORKS
O
R
K
S

you should do works because you have faith, not to prove your faith

>be Protestant in the current year
>validates his creed by means of a critique on Catholicism.
>meanwhile there are still a 1000 other protestant sects.

It surprises me that the movement urging all people to read the new testament was the one that managed to reduce the message of Christ to a simplistic Mohammedan trick.