I'm culturally jewish

>I'm culturally jewish
>But you can't be culturally christian goy

I believed this for the longest time, but now that I've actually thought about it, it makes zero sense.

Rabbinic Judaism has been the mainstream form of Judaism since the 6th century CE.

Catholicism has been around for longer than that, the church is the oldest institution in the western world and can trace itself back 2000 years.

So please explain to me, how a white person can't be culturally christian, but a jew gets magic powers and can claim "culturally jewish"? When Catholicism is older than fucking judaism.

>inb4 b-but the old testament

Jews don't give a shit about that they only care about the Talmud not the torah. For all intents and purposes it's an offshoot of original judaism that started in 6th century CE, it's no different than Protestantism is to Catholicism or even christianity is to judaism.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/catholic/catholic_1.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also, don't forget, white people not only don't exist but don't have any culture either!

You can be culturally Christian.

You can ALSO be culturally Jewish.

Does anyone on Veeky Forums and in real life actually disagree with this?

OH NO I DONT KNOW SOMETHING THAT MUST MEAN THAT THERE IS SOME KIND OF CONSPIRACY MOST LIKELY EVIL AND JEWISH INTERNET MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS

Fuck off. Seriously fuck off.
There are millions of people who consider themselves culturally Christians

Wow, I don't give a shit.

I never said it was a conspiracy, Chaim, I simply said I see a lot of people claiming "culturally jewish" but then I see those same people claim you can't be culturally christian.

Who says you can't be culturally Christian? I've literally never heard anyone say or claim such a thing. Not only that but our current (Dutch) prime minister actually points out that it is our heritage.

>Who says you can't be culturally Christian?

Have you stepped foot in a university lately

He must be an American crybaby.

Three times a week usually.

White people have no culture

>Catholic Church can trace itself back 2000 years
HAHAHA. As it is now, 5-6 century CE tops.

Also, while I would never say it like that, I'm culturally Orthodox Christian, just like all godless Russians.

u wot m8

Jewish is a culture/race/religion hybrid. Christianity is a religion because you choose to be one. You can be a follower of Judaism, but you cant be a jew because you arent part of the culture/race

>Jew
>race
The word you're looking for is ethnicity.

>Jews are a race!

Who do you think was the majority makeup of the Christian faith for thousands of years?...White people you fucking inbred

This is why the "jews are a race" argument is fucking retarded. By this logic, hindu is a race as well.

Even the smarmiest liberal professor will admit the church is at least 2000 years old
Go ahead and give me those holocaust denial tier "sources" that prove me wrong though

Cultural Judaism is very common, as there are plenty of Jews who do not believe in Judaism yet still participate for the communal and cultural aspects.

Christianity also has this, but not to the same extent.

Um, the Catholic Church started 900 years after Pharisaical Judaism was invented in Babylonian captivity @550 BC.

And fuck your CE.

And fuck you.

I didn't realize people still practiced Pharisaical judaism

:^)

>Even the smarmiest liberal professor will admit the church is at least 2000 years old
Christ died in 33 AD. For starters. So already less than 2 millenia. Apostolic Age has nothing to do with the Church, which was organized by Constantine. Council of Nikea would be a good starting point. Even then, the Church during Roman Empire was very different. Catholicism as it is now began when the Pope slipped away from authority of ERE, in the end of 8th century.

Culturally x is a meme because it's usually dome desperate resort to claim identity.

>Catholicism as it is now began when the Pope slipped away from authority of ERE, in the end of 8th century.

Is this what jews actually believe

bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/catholic/catholic_1.shtml

>The Catholic Church is the oldest institution in the western world. It can trace its history back almost 2000 years.

>It can trace its history back almost 2000 years.
In the same way Judaism can be "traced back" to Moses. The Church didn't exist as an institution back then, and modern Catholic Church is not the same as the Church during Roman Empire.

Proofs?

>then I see those same people claim you can't be culturally christian

No you don't.

>it's a make up a fake problem and then blame it on the jews episode

Kinda strange, depends on how you view it.
Modern English® might have originated since very recently, but it came from middle English, from old English, from North Sea dialects, from Proto-Germanic, to Proto-Indo-European.
English, as it is right now, is very young.
The language's history, is much older.

I imagine that's comparable to the Church.

Not him, but if you're going by some sort of trace of ancestry, you can drag Judaism to something way older than "Modern Talmudic Rabbinical Judaism", since that was in turn influenced by still older forms of Judaism, which was in turn eventually influenced by Caananite polytheism, etc.

I consider myself a cultural Catholic as I don't believe it anymore but my life is shaped by being raised Catholic -- I don't identify with American Protestant culture at all

Anyone who suggests Christians don't have a culture is retarded