Touhou General -68- /2hug/

Ordinary Edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/CkevyNjm

What the fuck happened last thread?

That was really fucking weird. We weren't doing anything wrong.

What is generally considered the easiest game to 1cc on normal difficulty?

I'm wondering my self, what the fuck was that?
I also apologize for the hastily thrown together thread.

Oh, you made a thread. I also did that, so there's two now.

Sorry bout that, but I guess there's nothing we can do.

Was it to do with the doujin stuff?

for anyone who missed my explanation for my list.
Cirno: Alright, so. Cirno is actually a really neat character in my opinion. Her design is really interesting to me (Note: ice wings), along with her personality. The idiotic aggressiveness/superiority complex paired with having attacks that are usually at best a minor inconvenience (there are some exceptions, like some versions of Perfect Freeze) is a really funny dynamic to me. Not only that, but cold manipulation is a pretty interesting idea when you think about it. Especially considering that it's moreso absorbing heat instead of creating cold. In general, The fairy race is a pretty interesting one to me, with all of the conditional immortality stuff and whatnot.
Kisume: Now, considering Kisume is a rather obscure one, I mostly appreciate her for her moveset and design. From what i had read on the wiki, having a well-themed bucket ghost drop will-o'-wisps all over the place is pretty freaking funny to me, and i have no idea why.
Merlin: Now, I actually love the idea of a ghost ensemble. Now, I may be a little biased because I used to play trumpet when i was in high school, but ghost trumpet player is pretty rad. Their hectic combo spell cards are always a treat for how beautiful they are. Also the fact that the Prismrivers have the ability to influence people through their music is a neat touch. (also it predates "doot" so that's cool)
Lyrica: Don't really know why she's here. Probably because I just like the Prismrivers overall. She's my 2nd favorite out of the 3, actually.

It's fine, senpai. At least you got the thread number right.

Don't think so. Not like anything was shown. The thread before it had worse.

Not much to apologize for.

What even happened? Why did we get deleted? Did some dumbass janitor miss several month's worth of memos?

Maybe? But we've discussed doujin in the past. I wouldn't put it past other generals to discuss doujin as well. I mean shit like Katawa Shoujo general is still going and I sincerely doubt they actually talk about the game at this point.

Star Sapphire: Now, she's actually my favorite out of the 3 Fairies of Light, mostly for her moveset. Now, I have actually been trying out those fan made mobile apps that are essentially boss rushes to see which boss moves i think are the most intriguing. inb4 >mobile ports, I actually feel that they have been doing a really good job at keeping my interest in this series piqued. That being said, moves like Red Star and Comet Stream are all really, REALLY cool looking. That paired with her A S T R O S T H E T I C S makes her a decent character for a boss in my book. (That and i've always had a soft spot for space stuff ever since i was a little anonlet)
Nitori: Alright. So this was one of the first 2hus I was exposed to. So, I really like this character for her personality, design, and things of that nature. Her ability to manipulate water is pretty cool, but the main thing i'm concerned about here is her skills. I've always liked mechanic characters, and Nitori is no exception. The fact that she uses her machinery to mimic abilities like arm shifting, or the fact that her greedy nature will allow you to buy her peace with cucumbers/ trying to squeeze every penny she can get out of her wares is a pretty unique contrast to her overall shy and introverted composure. (That, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not think that a cargo skirt is an amazing idea.)
Suwako: Ah yes, the frog goddess. I think I mostly appreciate her for the relationship she has with Cirno, what with Cirno loving to freeze frogs. Plus a divine being that only really uses their powers to cause mischief is pretty hilarious.
Sakuya: Now, do I really need to explain this one? She's literally Dio Brando but less flamboyant and also a girl. Like, even down to the knives. Plus her theme is pretty nice.

The fuck was that all about?
Reposting because why not, I'd do the 10 Portrait Version but that'd require a complete do-over.

That was weird
There's actually 4 threads

Yeah I saw that user, and it's well. Secondary as fuck honestly but I guess that's a given because you're an actual, genuine secondary.

Well, I accidently tried to make a thread earlier and failed the captcha and it took me to /bant/ where there's like 3 cirno threads open.
so I dunno.

Remilia: Ah yes, the "final" boss of EoSD. I'll be honest, I didn't exactly /win/ against her, but i got pretty damn close. Her childish attitude paired with centuries of wisdom, along with wanting to do anything just to not be bored is a overall really amusing dynamic for a character. Also, the idea of a vampire that can't drink much blood is pretty funny. The fact that her employees can leave whenever they want, but choose to just stay there because of her personality is another really interesting character trait.
Flandre: Now, I haven't exactly fought Flandre just yet, but I can already tell that she's a pretty great character. From what I've read, her moveset is really freakin' cool. Plus, that DESIGN! Those wings are BADASS! And don't forget her music, either!

I hope I wasn't too vague. There you go, user. In any other case I would have just linked the post IDs, but since it 404ed i had to repaste them. Sorry for that.
God. I honestly hate being a secondary. I just want to enjoy this series like a primary, but I fucking put it off over and over and over again.

Yeap, I made the Koishi thread. Best let the other 3 die, IMO.

Multiple Threads is the usually the kinda cancer a general wants to avoid, but we couldn't exactly coordinate it, so...

Just complete a couple games, read the print works, play the fighters and you'll be well on your way on past being surface level.

I'd always heard DDC was the easiest. Or was it DS?

I thought it was TD that was the easiest? Easiest seems very subjective.

It's generally either TD or IN in terms of raw difficulty.

which bastard got too big for his britches and killed our thread?

>IN
That sounds about right. Most of it's really easy, just Reimu/Marisa are bullshit because >more spells than the final boss and Reisen is a tough cookie to crack because of her illusion gimmick. as she should be

What's your favourite Spellcard across all games /2hug/? Mine is Satellite Himawari, it looks great and it's fun to try to time out.

I don't even know man. We're just as in the dark as you are.

I mean, it was one of our worse threads. Fresh start!

Would you buy?

I'm kinda afraid of it being deleted again. I'd quite like an explanation, at least.

true, maybe it was somebody's way of saying we've been having some crap threads lately

>like three cirno threads
there's 7. what significance does she have there even?

I'd consider it if the spout looked a little bit less like a cock coming out of his mouth.

I mean, I doubt we're the worst thread on Veeky Forums right now. There's still more cancerous threads on this board.

I would too, but I doubt we'd really get one.

Same reason Momiji is popular on /pol/?

Why is Remi sweating?

Is komachi a cute 2hu?

Reisen's gimmick isn't that hard once you get the grasp of it but sure is scary the first time.
What's the difficulty levels of the Aya games? I haven't tried them yet.
I want the whole tea set
The sakuya giving cirno the fishe is their precious meme to counter the dumb frogposters.

Answer me this, /2hug/
Why exactly does the barrier exist? And do the village people know they are in it?

She’s the same deal with the hispachan cirno, where she is “queen” from a get. I liked /bant/ in the beginning, but it’s just gotten out of hand, and filled with the worst of touhou

I've sorta got a handle on my bune's gimmick, but I struggle with a couple spell cards. So I haven't figured them all out yet.

She's a big-boobed, lazy slut! BLACK!!!

because without it humans advance technologically and lose faith in youkai causing them to die and disappear. This is like literally the first people learn when they get into Touhou you learn you secondary.

posted that one story about cirno losing to reimu from a few threads back on /bant/
let's see how they react

The barrier exists for the sake of Youkai, the outside world has explained away their existence with science and people don't believe in them anymore, thus they'll slowly dwindle away in it's prescence. The barrier was put up by Yukari back in the day as a safe haven for Youkai, since there's a bunch of traditionalist villagers who still believe, because gensokyo always was a youkai infested hellhole, and the only people there were youkai hunters and their family. Yukari puts the border up, locks everyone inside and uses it to keep existing. She sent out a big signal to anyone outside the border before she closed it, as a sorta "All aboard" thing. And yes, everyone is more or less aware they're behind a border.

Let's discuss GAMEplay, since we're on a video GAMES board. What do you think about the GAMEPLAY in this image?

I still find it weird, science still applies in gensokyo, but science is also toxic to youkai. Kind of a oxymoron don't you think? When youkai just sorta do scientific things but say "NO SCIENCE PLS!"

The Aya games have a good difficulty curve and have a nice balance of normal spellcards and ones that work more ike a puzzle.

Humans didn't fear the youkai warrior anymore and they need their fear to live so the youkai decided to ensure their lives by trapping the whole human village and enclosing all the area of Gensokyo from the outside world.
>And do the village people know they are in it?
Since they know the land is plagued with youkai and that they are the lowest on the hierarchy they must know something, but from what I recall they barely care about such things and just keep on with their lives.

I think hater sucks. He's got a few good images but that's about it.

I said it yesterday but I finlly managed to beat my first 2hu game.
But it may as well be considered cheating because for whatever fucking reason, the game was playing at 30FPS and I couldn't fix it.

Speaking of which, any of you anons ever had random 30FPS lock on Touhou 16?

Remilia is hot! She needs to cool down!

Never, it must've been a weird bug with steam, since you said you have the steam version of HSiFS right?

Yes. It's the steam version. though it wasn't having that problem the last few days. I just tried playing it again and it's still locked at 30 for some reason.

Really weird, I've got my version from Moriya Shrine, so I haven't had that issue I've also barely played it so I've got no idea, google it maybe?

Unfortunately I didn't seem to find anything of useful not. But I did find picrelated and that gave me a chuckle.

I mean it ran fine on steam before so I'm not entirely sure why it's only now misbehaving. I might try reinstalling to see if that helps.

>How to unlock Mima
if only. Yeah, give it a reinstall, that should hopefully fix it.

>how to unlock mima
I see steam is already getting started on trying to confuse secondaries and newfriends

Well that didn't do shit, unfortunately. Going to try the Moriya Shrine download and see if that works. If not then something's wrong.

Okay yeah. it's just locked at 30 FPS for some reason.
So it's my computer for some reason. How the fuck did this end up happening?

Really weird, when did it first start?

better than 1900 fps on fullscreen only

That one is well documented with a well known fix though.

I'm just joking, though.
Whatever, I'm getting tired anyways. See ya guys.

Yesterday.
Actually I just restarted my PC and now it's back at 60. So that's fixed I guess.
>reinstalling got rid of my 30FPS score and clear as well as all my legitimate scores
f-fair enough...

Why is Alice so slutty?

Because every 2hu is slutty, they don't get enough penis.

Because she can’t go to makai

Because she's so lonely she would do ANYTHING to get men to notice her.

I would notice her. But she'd have to be second to Reisen.

She's very lonely and thinks that by flaunting her admittedly superb body around she can acquire something vaguely resembling companionship.

I'd probably bite, if we're being honest.
Bonus points if Shanghai starts acting like a daughter in a desperate attempt to keep me around so Alice doesn't just keep doing this same song and dance over and over again once I inevitably leave.

she lives by the mantra. "when you got it, flaunt it"

Well good night /2hug/ I hope the thread is still around in the morning

That's pretty savage dude. Could you really manipulate a cute girl like that?

>According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, if you get lost in the magic forest then Alice will gladly let you stay the night
I want her to take my virginity!

But she has MArisa for that

I'd rather take Shanghai's virginity and make Alice watch.

Post Sanae

I don't think you take my meaning.

What I mean is, I'd fall for the sexy wiles, get shanghai'd into continued interaction by daughteru Shanghai, and then start getting attached because starting a family with a lonely, sexy loner is my ultimate fetish.

What if Alice sets up some kinda mechanism where you get to fuck Shanghai, while in another room a life sized doll replica of you mirrors your moves in real time, thrust for thrust, and screws Alice?

That's weird. Alice should just accept that her doll is more attractive than her.

You know, I kind of had a weak opinion to WaHH at the beginning, but the more I read it, the more and more I like it.
What is your favorite mango work, /2hug/?

Kasen did nothing wrong.

FS is a lot of fun and has the best art in my opinion, it's too bad the ending felt rushed.

I bet Kasen would be a good lay

probably.

If I took off her hairbun things, would she die?

Is this true in real life as well

It would be extremely embarrassing

what's this even from?

She would be extremely horny

It's right there in the pic: Era The World.

Check the op for era games.

Wait are they Eroge games?

>that's the full pic
REEEEEE

>Momiji
>MAGA
>Frogposting

>momiji

Yeah, but it's mostly just words. Have fun with that!

easy boys I just post what's in my 2hu folder

And by the looks of it, you clearly are not only a secondary, not only a magapede, and not only a frogposter, but a disgusting secondary.

can I fuck raymoo in it?

FUCK YOU, call me whatever you want but NEVER a goddamn secondary