Ich bin ein berliner

>Ich bin ein berliner

What in the actual fuck did he mean by this?

"I'm someone who believes in the Western tradition and spirit to fight against adversity, as is seen here in Berlin" what he ended up saying is "I'm a cream filled donut" though...

He wanted his jelly donut licked by some fine capitalist teenagers

He is literally hitler
If hitler were a berliner I mean

he meant that he is ein berliner

In German you don't say "I am an American" you say "ich bin Amerikaner/Amerikanerin." A Berliner is a jelly-filled donut.

If you don't want a literal answer and this is some meme I don't know of: he meant he is ready to take Soviet cock and become cream-filled to liberate Berlin. Truly, we should all follow in his steps and become ein Berliner and eine Berlinerin to liberate the hordes of 'Asians' and Africans coming across the sea to culturally enrich.

I think he wanted to be a donut.

SO WAIT!

He invented this phrase? Or was this common beforehand?

I thought this was made up during the destruction of the Berlin wall.

Berlin used to be known as Daumenbisars and their most famous food was a donut called a Berliner.

When Kennedy came and mispoke hilarious, it became a meme and everyone started referring to the city as Berlin.

To hide their embarrassment, the city renamed themselves Berlin and since it was before the Internet, the meme was eventually forgotten.

This is a great town. Fantastic town.

"Ow, there's a bullet hole in my head"

kek

It was just his time period's #jesuischarlie

Not actually true. The proper way to say it is indeed "Ich bin ein Berliner" because of the context.

That he believed in taking a stand against the Communists. Then some Americans made up a story about pastry or something.

>Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

What in the actual fuck did he mean by this?

He was clearly referring to cheese Danishes

kek, this man knows

He meant:

>"Looks like the Soviet Union is collapsing, I might as well take credit for it."

Is that Assad's father or something to his right?
Looks like the guy's relative.

>Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
>years later, by chance and unbeknownst to USSR and US, some Germans take down the wall
>Ronnies face when

I hate Reagan more than anyone, but it's pure revisionism to say that any major political figure other than him expected the USSR to collapse.

No, he didn't accidentally say "I'm a jelly donut." It's just a really persistent myth. Look it up.

This.

>expecting it to collapse
>it collapses for internal reasons
>take credit

'No'. It is hagiography to attribute the internal Soviet reforms that started in the 70's and finally broke the Union apart to Reagan's missile spending or tough man speeches in the mid-80's