/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epa86eWDiM1-LHR4-l9Pj6_RbvdsZDBboULTTLn-g5A/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/BadoorSNK/status/936567766135595008
youtube.com/watch?v=PJzlZ-6gCzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How fast are Geese's parries?

Welcome to low profile moves

according to this spreadsheet, it's 3f, which sounds pretty nuts
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epa86eWDiM1-LHR4-l9Pj6_RbvdsZDBboULTTLn-g5A/edit#gid=0

Asuka parry is 3f too, it's normal.

Remember to support true love!

oh is it also that fast?
then whatever

You mean Asuka's reversal

I haven't tried Geese yet. How big of a whiff is a missed parry for him?

Launch punishable

If true then that sucks. At least it can parry RAs

MISHIMA

how do i do iWS

I don't know whether he is good or not but he sure is fun.

I need combos off of Geese's EX qcb24, WS4

sick 2018 geobaskets

THIS DUDE'S DOING STRINGS

I don't see anything

>Jeondding got sponsored 10 days ago
Good for him, he deserves it.

Shit didn't mean to quote

Anybody got any good Jack customs?

i think i did this one last night,
ex qcb2,4 ws4 d4~f3 b44 S! 2f1 hcb1

Rock body with neon colors, green flames, rocket backpack, rocket in hand, jenga had with lantern and rainy cloud, japanese hit markers, and of course 4 wheels accessory

twitter.com/BadoorSNK/status/936567766135595008

During max mode, Geese's high counter counters mids too

I'm trying to make him less ugly, though. I don't like eyesore meme customs.

Golden cube robot looks fine

First for awesome and easy super combo for you guys.

I heard that max mode counter is a full body counter that works on high, mid and low in KoF 14. Not sure about Geese in Tekken though.

I guess I could turn him into Gold Lightan

Why does Chanel make 10/10 girl customs but makes train wreck male ones?

Actually thats a Super counter. Works on any physical hit, even Climax desperation moves

I didn't realize how accessible that custom is for paint jobs. Gotta think if I can replicate any of my favorite mecha using that one. Thanks, amigo.

I don't think you can land 2f1 after the screw. I'd just do WR1

That hat reminded me of Clark.

>paul leaving after one loss
best feeling in tekken desu lads

yeah thats the part i wasnt sure of, probably mixing it up with a b3,2 combo

That's some good shit.

Why doesn't tekken have any FAT to play as?

EX qcb2,4, WS4, 1, f1, hcb3 has been my go-to when using the EX qcb 2,4 as an existing combo extension. Simple, consistent, lotta wall carry.

>DFist is now high

Did I fix Paul

Bob?

just give it less pushback so punishes aren't so inconsistent

Nope
here let me fix Paul
>shitters lab him
There, fixed Paul

>Josie's d 3+4 kicks their foot
>It's a mid
What the fuck bros? Doesn't she have enough problems?

Paul is fine as is. Even if it was high your stupid ass would still get hit by it because the reason you are getting hit so often is you mash like an app. Just block or sidestep it, Pauls who spam deathfist are free as fuck.

what problems? a josie just ocv'd everyone in the grand finals at master cup

This

i've been doing ws4 d4~f3 b4,4 S! wr1 63 dmg

>She did good at this one event so she's fine

High level players complain plenty about Paul (Like KingJae). It's not just noobs.

How could Harada type in perfect English but can't speak it?

nice bait

>high level players
>kingjae
o i am laffin

Somebody translates it for him.

>KingJae

same dude also came second at some asian major shortly before console release
the character is fine, stop your whining

There are like two or three guys here with a severe inferiority complex that immediately jump at whoever complains about Paul, even if it's in jest. The easiest way to get (You)s is to trigger this scrubs, try it for yourself

Not all character can block punish a deathfist, some don't have the range even when blocked point blank. Once a Paul is in your face spamming deathfist and demoman, it'll just become a guessing game.

Post your Mighty Ruler rank.

>Online rank matters
>2~3 bar snake edges
>lag
>disconnects
Where is he at in tourneys?

qcb1+2 mixups during Geese's 2f1 combos are gonna be really deadly. You can choose to either end the combo there and get oki or mixup between a mid and a low launcher for another 60 damage combo

I'm really shitty with combos (shitty in general) but I made a easy one one for Geese but it seems that is not working in normal game modes or Ranked, its the following : F+1/2 b+3 b+3 b+4 and then 1,2,1,2 (either the string or Repuuken) but I think is not working either because the opponent touches the floor early enough to tech roll or i'm not doing it fast enough, can someone help me with this? or any easy combos for him?

>Not all character can block punish a deathfist, some don't have the range even when blocked point blank. Once a Paul is in your face spamming deathfist and demoman
Over half the cast can reliably punish max range death. If he's "in your face" you have no excuse not punishing because almost the whole cast can launch punish him except like Bob and two others.

>it'll just become a guessing game.
You mean like EVERY character if you break them down to such simple scenarios?

How does that work exactly? After 2f1 normally you'd end with qcb3 right? What's the mixup?

That combo is trash and dumb to smoke. The staple is f1+2, d4-f3, b44, dash 2-f1-whatever.

Qcb 2 into either 3 or 4. 3 is a mid, 4 is a sweep. Regular version give you a free otg grab if it hits, EX versions are launcher

Or you could go for the safe natural combo with Qcb 21

And I didnt even read the first comment, whoops

For some reason doing leo's combos really stresses me out and i don't know why.

Maybe you're jealous because deep down inside you want to be a cute little girl (boy (girl))

Has anyone been noticed their game freezing during the loading screen? Its happened twice to me during the past 20 hours or so, since playing offline.

i dont get why geese's standing 2 is a special mid

He actually did alright at EVO iirc

I guess its to make it feel like KOF buttons with 1,3 being light punch/kick and 2,4 being hard punch/kick.

It means the enemy crashed/plugged on you.

My game crashes quite often when I tab in full screen mode during loading screen.

Wish max mode wouldn't drain during the rage art freeze

I know what that is. Im talking about offline. During the black loading screen my game would freeze when I was trying to lab geese.

i just played against an orange lili who didn't only mash f3+4. truly amazing, i didn't realise a lili player like that even existed.

He made top 64 two or so months after the game was initially released on console. He's not a bad player by any means but that's not some massive achievement either.

God it's so frustrating to be shit. I just had a few matches with a LC that wouldn't stop mashing attacks. I mean I won almost all of them, but it's just so annoying when semi-random mashing works on you. Like for some reason I couldn't punish most of her shit at all

Doing "alright" doesn't equal high level player. He may look like a high level player against people online but offline is different isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=PJzlZ-6gCzE

That's not even a combo, the opponent can escape between the second b3 and b4

jae is alright if he's playing gigas or bob but he should stay away from other characters

>KingJae

Oh my days

you can really tell when the treasure battle AI doesnt want you to win anymore

>nigger
>high level player
lmaooo

Just use geese and double reppuken. Ai literally can't handle it

1500 win king in yellow who only uses alley kicks, grabs and hopkicks then quits after 1 loss wtf

How do these 2D characters even play? Jesus christ I dont know where to begin with this guy

You just have to accept that these people exist. Did the King happen to be RU?

Geese's mid parry doesn't work against special mids, except with Geese's standing 2. Weird.

yeah, they work with his low parry

which special mids did you test. if it was just dick jab that counts as a low for everything including regular low parries.

the fuck, why is Geese's WR move -8 on block?

[laughs in brazilian]

Yup, that's one of the many reasons why he's a contender for worst character in the game

*very flat* hahahaha