T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 01st of December:
1913 – Crete, having obtained self rule from Turkey after the First Balkan War, is annexed by Greece.
1918 – The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (later known as the Kingdom of Yugoslavia) is proclaimed.
1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
1941 – World War II: Emperor Hirohito of Japan gives the final approval to initiate war against the United States.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 20/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056224
EU4 DD 21/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056463

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_claims_to_the_French_throne#Ending_the_claim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Grandi's latest strategy is to make one thread without the R&I message, then make the next thread with it, to drip feed it back into the thread, see:

If this isn't PRCanon you can't really talk

Fuck off with your 30 post early threads Alex.

and yet STILL more based than r&is thread

t. gr&i

>1 poster
gee cuck pls

>2
alex cant even count

Theres really nothing wrong with reddit its a great site and certainly a lot friendlier than this mess

Based

ALL me

Jade Dragon is the most reddit DLC in the history of game development

Not really, all it adds is muh china UI. The most reddit DLC is sunset invasion.

Who are you quoting, Robbie? If you have to make up boogeymen to defend your virwpoint you might just be a retard.

Jade Dragon is actually pretty fun. Sure, it has balance issues but getting siege engineers from and sending eunuchs to China id actually a really interesting mechanic and makes me wonder if that happened in real life.

Don't think this thread is going to survive lads
Would be based if it did though

Only YOU can prevent it from going under

>make thread 30 posts early with r&i shitpost
>waah why dont you want to use my thread

who is replying to all the other threads posts, because it's either an excellent false flag or they are just seething

There's a based janny that keeps rebanning gr&i for evasion, we just have the pray he sees it first

>excellent false flag
>most obvious one ever
pick one

i've currently pirated 2.7.2. Is it worth to get the latest update and have to get updated mods too? what does it add if you don't play china?

Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignote shitposting.

What are some interesting WTWSMS starts?

China is jsut a single UI, it's just a cash grab. Don't even waste time downloading it unless you want an OP UI for the low low price of 14.99.

What are you in the mood for? You can reform Rome, found your own empire somewhere between the Rhine and the Urals, or some other meme campaign.

Personally I had fun forming a Germanic vandal kingdom in Tunis and painting all of North Africa white.

Is the Englishnmelting pot enabled in that? Would be fun to start as a Scandi, become Norman, then become English.

Meme campaigns are my mood. I like the idea of painting north africa white.

My last campaign was werewolf in london, where as a random start I had to own london and gain the werewolf trait (from lunatic).

Start as the Khazars and make all of europe jewish

>playing with supernatural shit on
Why? What's the point in playing a feudal dynasty simulator if you're just going to play as le satanist horse ulm blob?

Muslims get huge buffs in that mod which the AI usually can't capitalise on, but making the entire world a Csliphage would be pretty fun. You could execute any kaffir you capture.

Does anyone actually like darkest hour or is it all memes? The UI is terrible, the keyboard "shortcuts"are either non existent or counter intuitive. It seems the only fun HoI game is 4 but you fags dont allow that

I don't think you become an actual werewolf. You are just some insane guy killing people on the full moon.

Of course you could play with Dark World and get real werewolves and succumbi and vampires

Can EU4 adtuslly be played tall/RP'd or is it solely a blobber? I want to estsblish a comfy trading empire as Venice or the Dutch but not if I have to blob.

>thinking HOI4 is fun
brainlet

What mod do you need for the werewolf trait?

t. larping grognard
I bet you don't play DH or HoI3, you just want to "fit in".
HoI4 has issues with the AI, but you can't deny that it absolutely is fun. It wouldn't be the most popular HoI game ever if it wasn't fun.

What exactly does HIP actually add? I heard it was "railroaded" (with negative connotatians) but I like historical accuracy, so what exactly does it add?

The Dutch blobbed into Indonesia
Venice also blobbed
Prussia or Hannover is ironically the best to play tall

So every single paradox game? Even your precious liqqy has diplo mana.

>The Dutch blobbed into Indonesia
Colonies obviously aren't blobbing.
>Venice also blobbed
They really didn't. The most they took was crete, which is a reelatively small island compared to what most "empires" took. The rest were tiny islands that couldn't be considered blobbing at all.

What even is blobbing anyway? Is Britain taking Ireland blobbing? Is Britain taking Normandy blobbing? Is England taking Normandy blobbing? Where do you draw the line, is it solely based on what countries took in real life?

>doubling, then doubling, then doubling again your land isn't blobbing

are you the same retard who thinks HOI4 is fun

limits your ability do inflict your expansionist cuck angst on other countries based on your character's traits

Colonies aren't an integral part od your nation though so they can't be considered blobbing.
Are you some buttthurt third worlder whose country was colonised in real life?

Yes, you can. However you need to keep in mind that both the Dutch and the Venetians got stomped in the end.

So it just takes that retarded AE system ported from EU4?

The Dutch only fell in the same way every other Euro did. Up until 1940 they were a major world power.

How did the Venetians even fall again? Was is Nappy?

>tulipnigger thinks his country was relevant after he lost belgium
lmao

>major
>world
>power

t. doesnt know how many people indonesia had

With that logic Bangladesh is basically a superpower.

Do you know fucking anything about history? WW1 destroyed pretty much everyone, except the Dutch. They were the sole country in Europe still standing unscathed in 1920.

The difference was the Dutch had European technology whilst Bangladesh does not.
Look at GDP, Bangladesh is pretty high up there so you're essentially proving my point.

Which "diplo mana" as you call it is used for diplomatic interactions. Not for naval tech, regional development or cultural "conversions".

India and Bangladesh are ready to eclipse China, they have the people to do it and now just need the industry.

Depends on the timeframe. Eu4's England trying to annex/subjugate France is reasonable. V2's UK doing the same is reddit cancer.

It's still mana so your favourite blobbing sim still has mana. Or does it make you feel like a "grand strategist" to pretend it isn't?

What was there to destroy? The Dutch army was such a joke that the Germans didn't even consider it worth their time to crush them to secure that flank.

Then where do you draw the line? At what year is it blobbing and what year is it fine?

It doesn't have mana. It just have a simple and not autistic way of preventing you from spamming diplomatic deals.
Just because your favorite redditgame is a mana cancerfest doesn't mean that you can use this label on anything that is a number, or put your baby map painter on equal terms with actual games.

There is nothing wrong with this and if you dislike it you are the problem.

The Duch weren't even in WW1, which shows you know fuck all about what we're discussing.

Why don't we just ship all the Bangladeshis to Russia and create a true new superpower?
Just think about it, Russobanglia would have both the population and the resources to finally properly challenge the US.

>only muh vicky is a real game you fucking casual
The warcry of the deluded imbeciles who play V2 and pretend it's at all realistic or intricate. Any game that can be mastered by building liquor factories isn't a proper game.
And yes, diplo points are mana, how butthurt you are about that doesn't change the fact.

I really don't like educating redditors.
Anyways, first you need to have some moral authority for blobbing. England's claim on the throne of France, Christian reconquista of Spain and Byzantine restoration are such examples.
If one is not available then colonization (to a reasonable extent), cultural unification and living space acquisition (only for small countries) are acceptable.

That's exactly what Europe is doing now, you're inadvertently proving me right.

England only stopped claiming France when it became a republic in 1792.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_claims_to_the_French_throne#Ending_the_claim
Why would it be "blobbing" to start the claim again after the monarchy is restored, as it is in Victoria 2's timeline.

Indeed, you need to bring the people to a place where they can make a difference, not let them sit on some remote island like the Dutch were doing.

I'm going to play an Italy game in V2 with pic related as goals. Is there anything else I should takd/anything I should lose?

The Dutch built and were building factories in Indonesia and educating them, had colonisation continued the Dutch would have been an absolute world power had they been able to complete the process.

You really think the German HQ would've let them sit there in a place where they could've completely fucked up the entire western front for Germany and play these "neutral country" games if they had actually been a threat?

They didn't have any choice. They couldn't leave a large contingent of their forces on the Dutch border to stop them from invading.
The only reason they didn't is because theynwere so friendly with Wilhelm, same reason thdy took him in after his exile.

By definition it's not mana.
Were you not a newfag, you would know that we call your favorite game a mana simulator because during its' development Wiz mentioned that the "the monarch point system was modeled using ideas from WoW's spell cost system".

>everyone who doesnt agree with me is reddit

Mare Nostrum :DD

not him but you're super reddit sweetie

Mana is just a buzzword vickyfags use to pretend their liquor mana game is "deep" or "complex" though. Victoria 2 has even more mans than EU4 because it has liquor mana, general point mana, literacy mana, research point mana, need I go on?

Kindly don't touch Greece with your pizza monkey hands.

Sorry, I forgot anyone who doesn't build liquor factories as Prussia is "reddit", or whatever other boogeyman you want to come up with to justify your elitest cult around a decade old broken game that has more mana than any other Paradox game.

No aesthetic way to do it but I guess I could puppet Spain.
The gayreeks will be wiped out. Can't have Turk rape babies in my ideal world.

Ummmm lads, I just woke up. What happened to the /trashgsg/ thread?

EU4 is actually a lot better for aesthetic roleplay and such than any other game. You can't even fund rebels in V2.

>need I go on?
No i already figured you are a redditor

t. "cognitively disabled"

it was unironically fun and cool

But did it get deleted or did it just die off?

>haha stoopid redditor
Do you have any actual arguments?
Oh no wait, of course you don't, you just want people to stop criticising V2.

You can't even command your puppet's armies in EU4, but you can in HoI2 and V2 years ago its' release. Really makes you think.

>threads deleted from /trash/
Fairly certain nobody bumped it so it died. Can't find it in the archive though.

Yeah - they'd been declining for a while, but he did them in

Because you wouldn't be able to in real life. You can direct them, but assuming direct control over them would never happen.

I want you to stop invoking "liquor" (paradoxplaza meme) every time someone insults your mana sim.
As a matter of fact, this is the t. /gsg/. Posting eu4 is not allowed here. Feel free to post elsewhere.

I don't play EU4, I play HoI3. I'm just laughing at you thinking your liquor sim is some intricat "grand strategy". There's nos trategy, you just spam liqupr faftories and get profits from them. A monkey could play it.

ANYONE
H
>E
L
>P

>nobody bumped
doubtful
Everybody loves /trashgsg/, nobody can compete i'm telling you. Only redditors dislike /trashgsg/ because they CAN'T find /trash/, but we don't want them anyway. Surely it would have been bumped

What's wrong with the R&I message anyway? Suouldn't shitposting be reported/ignored?

If you're so mad just make another one?

There are a few hours when none of the shitposters are online, it probably fell off then.

Why does Grandi/R&I keep coming back?