/evg/ - Everyst WoW General

Everyst is the newest and most innovative private server for vanilla WoW.

Anyone who made accounts during beta needs to make a new one on the new site.

Open realmlist.wtf and set realmlist logon.everystwow.com

>Server info
everystwow.com
twitter.com/everystwow
Everyst Discord (discordapp.com/invite/b6qPeaH)
(everystwow.com/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client: links available in #faq channel on discord

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gimme leveling podcasts

Oh now i get the op image.

It's because there are literally 300 people playing on it

yes

we know this all along senpai

Is there a Veeky Forums guild or should I just join some random one? Only want some leveling friends, really, nothing too serious yet. Paladin but could go horde, I don't give a shit.

>is there a Veeky Forums guild

friend, we are the only people playing on this server lol

Dan Carlin hardcore history

I can’t play for a few days and I’m sure many of us are in the same boat. Keep strong my brothers!

doa server is doa
we tried to tell you dumb fucking shills
have fun on your single player mmo

lol even this thread is doa
oh man what a fucking joke
its ares all over again

Look

If you had

One sever

Or one character/toon

To seize all the gear you ever wanted

Would you capture it? Or just let it slip

guys the server isn't even 5k pop, how can people seriously play this? nobody is going to move over from light's hope for a meme server.

its not even 500 pop

to be honest, it cost me nothing to park my characters in an Inn for a day and to check the server out. Yeah, it sucked. So back to Nighthaven I went.
What Everyst needs is either Light's Hope or Nighthaven to die outright. It would soak up a LOT of players. But that's not happening, so it remains Rebirth 2.0

I-it was but apparently 100 of them were just here to try to hack

>a nightkek is going back to loyalty rewards

not a surprise bye sweetie

even their discord has gone mostly silent with a palpable sense of dissapointment

>What Everyst needs is either Light's Hope or Nighthaven to die outright.
which won't happen when the devs actively court chinese/russian players respectively

A friend of Wreathes told me he's already been hit with a Cease and Desist and is trying to figure out what to do

lol its like gummy all over again

I'm glad I stopped at like lvl 7 before I realized it was dead

someone shop the everyst logo onto the side of this pls

wreathes mom just texted me and told me to come over should I?

>mfw we accidentally meme magic'd everyst into a 300 pop with those Spartan memes

wreathes mom is almost as big a meme as his server

how many people actually playing right now? too busy to log in cause autisticly watching memecoins

around 280, little less

Wouldn't it not be dead if people like you kept playing?

if you want semifresh and don't want to deal with pottu's chinkshope, nighthaven is only option
4k+ stable online in eu prime time, to be honest 1-2k more pop and it would be perfect

we just don't deserve it bros

the community doesn't deserve everyst

or gummy

it deserves crogges laboratory experiments with character databases and goldspawning and chinkbringer directly advertising to Russians and Chinese and refusing to do anything about blatant hacking and never releasing fresh even though the current realm is bursting at the seams

this is how good things die

this is how we end up killing vanilla wow forever

Been playing for a bit now, not sure what's wrong with the server itself that it's drawing no attention.

>killing vanilla wow forever
You do know that classic is coming in two years that everyone and their mom is gonna play?

THATS IT
THATS THE ISSUE
ITS THE DREAM SERVER
A FEW SMALL ISSSUES
BUT NO ONE WILL PLAY BC NO ONE ELSE WILL
CHICKEN OR EGG
THIS COMMUNTIY SUCKS

Can confirm this. My dad is Mr. A. Blizzard.

>everyone and their mom is gonna play?
This is maximum kekz right here. The ONLY reason "vanilla" is even remotely popular right now is because you're playing it for free. Let's be real, Blizz is going to want a monthly sub for Classic. It might not be $15, it might be a "free" perk you get for being subbed to retail, I don't know. What I _do_ know is that 99% of you aren't going to pay to play it at any price. And you know it, too.

hi /wowg/

t.3rd world slav
everyone is playing classic when it comes out and if you dont you are just some poor nigger who can't afford it. Vanilla wow isn't popular at all right now, 1 server with 9k pop is nothing. The only reason its like that is because of people wanting a legit experience and not one filled with corruption and private server in general scare normies away.

>things that make me acknowledge reality are bait
>anyone who doesn't see my delusional future of the great classic renaissance is just poor
Classic WoW is already DoA, and it's still years from launch. It's going to be a couple hundred of you, at best, all trying to convince everyone that Blizz is reporting the "wrong" server pop.

There are all sorts of private servers available for every expansion, but vanilla is far and away the most popular. It's not that it's free, it's that it WAS good and the only available way to play it is on a private server.

I am very excited for retail Classic and plan to subscribe day one.

There's already a couple hundred people on the forums alone expressing interest, why would you think no one else would be interested? The forums are like 0.1% of the population.

youtube.com/watch?v=QkWS9PiXekE

I WILL NEVER PLAY FOR A BUNCH OF SHITSERVERS SELLING GOLD MAKING CASH OFF OF ME AND RAMPANT CORRUPTION

AHHHHH

I WILL BE THE LAST PLAYER ON THIS SERVER IF I MUST

THIS

IS EVEEERRYFFRESHSHHHHH

Now let's look a month or two down the road, when everyone's nostalgia glasses have fogged over and they've had their fill and wandered off.

>wow, this shit is pretty much like i remembered it, but fuck is it boring, tedious, and antiquated
>this isn't worth it

Again, there are other private servers available, so why are people playing vanilla servers? Why was Nostalrius continuing to grow a year into its lifespan? There are plenty of people who want to go back and play it. There are a lot of differences between vanilla and retail currently, and even more being added with every patch.

Sure, some people will move on, but that's the case with retail WoW as well. But if you think Classic will be DoA you're sorely mistaken.

>But if you think Classic will be DoA you're sorely mistaken.
No, I'm not. As you're going to find out in a year or two.

>P-PLEASE DONT LEAVE MY POOR NIGGER ASS WITH ALL THESE SLAVS AND CHINKS PLEASE KEEP PLAYING PRIVATE SERVERS

even if this memebait were true, the retarded streamers have already confirmed they're playing it, so that's guaranteed dara mactire/ruinous pop.

But you are going to keep playing private servers. You're not actually going to pay money for some official Blizz experience. After all, that would cost money.

i'm literally subscribed to retail right now but nice projection you got there

WoW has a dedicated fanbase, and there are people who still play retail. There are even more people who used to play who no longer enjoy what the game has become, but may enjoy what it once was. That's what Blizzard is banking on and from what I've seen personally, it's likely it'll pay off.

I've met a number of people who tried WoW as a new player in Cata and beyond who hated it for the very reasons many vets no longer play. So it's not like it's nostalgia.

I don't really play now. I've never gotten past level 50 on a private server. The idea that it's temporary and not an official server turns me off.

you're literally full of shit, and it's funny to see you lie just to prove a point
>inb4 inspect element screenshots and copious amounts of asshurt

which Everyst did by delaying the vpn/proxy block instead of having it at launch.
ball's back over to you.

i know this is bait but a lot of people think like this. surely if the ONLY reason people play private servers is because its free, they would play legion private servers then, right?

>they would play legion private servers then, right?
Are there many Legion private servers?

there's a few, don't really follow anything past tbc but i think wow freakz is the most popular legion server

Relax man

I am. Notice how he didn't actually try to continue the bullshit?

i 100% have a subscription, give me any way that you would approve of and i could show you that i am you raging faggot

I'm subscribed to Retail and I play in a private server. Though i should cancel my subscription since I haven't touched it in 2 weeks.

I spoke too soon.

>Though i should cancel my subscription
Yeah, you really should.

Well I tried, lads. Gave up at lvl 9, there's less than 200 people playing now

Guess the memes and anti-shills were right. I'm pretty sad.

Back to Nighthaven I go.

I have friends who play and love Legion. The problem to me is it doesn't feel like an RPG. It's more of a mobile game or Facebook game. I wouldn't mind if BfA and Classic are bundled into a 15$ a month subscription. As with every expansion post BC I tend to check it out for awhile before getting bored.

>another restart
wreathe....
why...

guess kronos 3 is our best bet if we want a non chink / kikekidney pottu, or shenna valkyrie experience. hope they have an accelerated timeline because that was one of the biggest everyst features i was looking forwards to

>less than 200 people playing now
really? i've been waiting for this for weeks
not even going to bother now if its that bad
guess I better learn to speak chink

so nighthaven is the newest fresh other than ever? fuck man should better looked all this u before i go and level 2 warlocks to 10 and 16 just to be on dead servers.

yeah. they just massively fucked up leading up to release. getting their db hacked kind of sealed the deal and started all the memes on wowservers, resulting in their server never getting any real exposure. most people on the wowservers release thread literally said they thought the server was a joke and not actually a legitimate thing, it needed to be advertised better

Do you guys do stimulants to play video games for longer or is that more of a fighting game thing

I drink coffee.

delaying global VPN bans (while still banning individual non-english speakers via GM reports) isnt courting them

Actively advertising on social media sites for people that don't speak english, having segments on your fourms entirely for people that don't speak english, and looking the other way from their blatant botting despite reports because they pay you money, like what LH/nighthaven do, is courting them.

2x xp could save this server.

w-we just don't deserve it senpai

everyst is too good for this world

how is it "too good"? they literally went back on every promise they made to the community except gummy loot, and even that was broken at launch

>280 when i started
>200 before reset
>160 now
say it aint so...

>"the community"

see

we tried to tell you
you shilled and shilled
and we laughed and laughed
now look.

>raids scaled so they aren't a joke
>shared quest loot so we can actually make fuckin friends while leveling
>vpn ban before teh chinks arrive
>public gm logs so we know crogge isn't spawning in gold

>now look.
at the bitter dudes time sunk on an old chink server?

>mfw this is active is still twice as active as lhg rofl

>raids scaled so they aren't a joke
Nobody will make it to raids to find out if this was truly implemented

>shared quest loot so we can actually make fuckin friends while leveling
Was broken during alpha, only worked for part of beta, was broken at launch and took two resets to fix which drove 200 players away

>vpn ban before teh chinks arrive
they went back on this and didnt put in the vpn ban

>public gm logs so we know crogge isn't spawning in gold
logs can be faked and the website infrastructure for it isn't even up yet, supposedly "coming soon" in 1.3 but whatever

dude give it up

>Everyst Discord is LITERALLY imploding

heh... not bad everystcucks, not bad

i called wreathe out on his lies and berated him for plaintext passwords, broken promises and not sticking to his schedule
then left
i dont care how they reacted, i saw 20 other people saying the same shit
sucks because i've been on the discord since alpha and everyone was really hyped
fucking joke, brah

>Nobody will make it to raids to find out if this was truly implemented
it's on GitHub, the code is simple

>Was broken during alpha, only worked for part of beta, was broken at launch and took two resets to fix which drove 200 players away
all true but doesn't mean its not an awesome feature
>logs can be faked and the website infrastructure for it isn't even up yet, supposedly "coming soon" in 1.3 but whatever

logs can't be faked if they're being pulled directly from the server in real time, that would require wreathe being in on it

>they went back on this and didnt put in the vpn ban
it was always their last priority

everyst was too good amigo

we deserve soviethaven and chinkbringer

shared quest loot is no joke

I won't deny it didn't work on alpha or the first hour of release but I will say that entire dev teams have tried to get shared quest loot working on mangos for years and everyst did it in a few days and open sourced it

it was a big deal desu

>20 other autists or falseflaggers are in the discord
wow, that sure is convincing
not being able to keep rigorously to a schedule is peanuts compared to the shit ely/LH have been up to

You're delusional
The whole discord is breaking down. The people advertising guilds didn''t even make them.
Anyway I don't care, it's doa. Feel free to waste your time, I just choose not to.

So the server is basically DoA, and the Discord is overrun with Veeky Forums kiddos. Well, time to try another server. This one is already fucked. Suggestions?

If they really open sourced it and threw it on a github, fear not. Someone more competent will pick it up for a future release.

>The whole discord is breaking down
Because elysium's discord was so fucking important to nighthaven growing in population

wait for kronos 3. they have a china ban and aren't run by massively corrupt server owners.

i like how hard you're swimming
but you're not keeping your head above water

do characters still go for decent kronobux? I'll just sell my acct and buy a mid level char there after it opens if so.

no idea, haven't played kronos in a long while. kronos is on naxx now though, right? so i assume characters are pretty damn cheap and plentiful

i love this comment and am stealing it

whole thread is concern trolls, but I can't be surprised because anyone actually playing wouldn't have time to post on Veeky Forums unless they're playing paladin

this is where you respond with dank images about how dead the server is

this kind of shilling wont work anymore, buddy
all anyone has to do is create a char and /who to see the truth

>post doesn't mention population once
>"/who to see the truth"
fucking retards

>it's shit!!!
>it's dead!!!
>meanwhile /evg/ is getting 4x the posts despite the fact that everyone is busy actually playing

I'm okay with this. Enjoy your 10k chinks, shills.

I'm playing the long game. Also, you know, it's nice to know that everything you accomplish actually means something in the world. If you play on a server with sold characters and generated gold/gold farmed by insects, your character holds as much worth as one on an instant 60 server with free t2.