/domg/ - Dominions General

Fire Bless Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
Coming sooner or later.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>Previous Pantokrator:>

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAgical_Realm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Assassins are now amazing

>uniconically considering playing a B3, full scales Blood Fountain for MA Shinuyama in MP

Full Scales is the only way that Shinu can even function

Friendly reminder to always remove birds and bats first if you plan on winning the game.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAgical_Realm

One more, do it you fag.

Well I wasn't sure if I was overlooking anything that the nation would truly need magic wise.
They seem to be able to craft most boosters themself and it feels like getting a mobile pretender who can cast big A or E spells would just weaken them too much in the scales department.

You want Unaging.

Just take an imprisoned Unaging dai tengu summoner

Aw shit nigga, I forgot about the out of combat bless effects.
Thanks m8.

Do your turns for the autism game

Yeah, having some air and earth for Dai Tengu and some Nature for Unaging are really helpful for Shinuyama. Astral too if you can swing it, but scales are more important. I wonder if it's possible to do an oni-centric Shinuyama run, but it seems less efficient given that you'd have to take turmoil for it to be effective and Shinuyama is cash-starved enough as it is.

DOMINOS ADMIN PLEASE WAKE UP I'M TIRED

Reminder that late turns = surprise caprush

Did they get rid of Useless Kick?

It's the weekend.
Why isn't the dom5 inspector up yet?

>have to take turmoil for it to be effective and Shinuyama is cash-starved enough as it is.
Reminder that Order is another resource scale now. Even Prod gives more gold.

That said, I think that Shinu needs some order with its Prod 3 to max dai bake production. Not sure what the # is though.

Can Mictlan preach, or is it only temple checks that don't work normally?

Was just on steam and saw this came out.

Why the fuck did none of you bastards tell me it was coming out or it was out?

What is new?

Fuck all of you! Downloading now.

can't preach

Not in EA or LA

We were talking about it since it was announced, man.

Dude we sent you a memo and everything. Didn't the monthly newsletter reach you?

Damn. Domkilling a seiged fort is going to be annoying then, all my candles will wind up going fuck knows where.

Mictlan can spew out a shitload of temple checks. It's one of the best dompushers in the game

ClusterfuckCatastrophe graphs. Also why were the last two threads deleted?

>Also why were the last two threads deleted?

When the fuck was it announced?

I remember googling if another one was in the works a few months ago.

Any guides on the changes from 4 to 5?

Because the abject failure who made this thread didn't link it in the previous thread, so nobody even knew there already was a new thread all along.

Because this one got made first, but didn't get linked, because OP is a fag.

It's been months now. There's no good guide, but Illwinter's website spells out the most important changes.

Like this?
Could drop a scale and take Dom8.

You can get more dom by building temples but it's a lot harder to change your scales. Dom 6 is good enough to spread to adjacent provinces and keep you from getting easily domkilled.

Yeah but if you take sick scales you usually need above average Dom for them to actually take effect.

Also -1 Order is 2% income, with how hard they nerfed the scale.

Mind you, dropping a scale to get an extra two points of Air wouldn't be awful either, primarily for air-forging, but you could also give your sorcerers +4 precision. I find, as Shinuyama, that the bottleneck is more Resources than Recruitment points, so losing one order to get either two extra candles or two extra air wouldn't be bad.

And finally: my pretender (which wasn't even close to making it into the game by the time it ended and overall was a mistake in general)

Your only sacreds as EA Rlyeh are Gibodai, Abodai, Androdai, Slave Priests, Polypal Mothers, and Polypal Grandmothers. Of all of them, two are immobile and only two are amphibious. I really don't know what you were going for with that pretender design.

Go Magic 3 Luck 1 instead of the other way around. Possibly also worth adding a point or two of temp to pick up a couple points Reinvig (or four of Precision) for your sorcerers as well. Reinvig goes with everything.

>I really don't know what you were going for with that pretender design.
That's why you have no wins in Dom5 games, while his win ratio is 100%.

You just won because you had a 2 point throne and the rest got destroyed

how many wins do you have user?

That's what we call 'prostrats.'

New to Dominions. Is it a viable strategy to put as many points as possible into dominion and then take the shittiest modifiers possible to spread to other players?

My pretender is literally an expanded mind meme on so many levels.

Only for nations whose dominions are already cancer anyways, like EA Therodoros, MA Ermor, LA Lemuria, LA Rl'yeh, or MA Asphodel. Nobody likes shitty scales in their lands, so if you're playing MP and take those scales people will attack you out of sheer annoyance.

ELVES

CHUDS

Why though? Just for the lower fatigue? The extra RP are nice, but doesn't Shinuyama have decent research already?

Luck would unlock a lot of (permanent) gold bonuses as well as farious other cool stuff.
I guess I could take 2 in both as well, which would make reaching max scales in a province much quicker.

TAKE YOUR FUCKING TURN ERMOR

What are some good pretenders for MA Ulm? erf snake? bless for darts? how much drain is acceptable? help a scrub pls.

Is there a way to see the troops of each nation without selecting them

Also, are Iron Angels worth the effort?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Dom5 mod inpsector

No

Any advantages to having an awake big-ass tree pretender besides instant incarnate nature blesses?

I'LL DO MY TURN WHEN THE ADMIN GETS ON

Is demilich good

sometimes

20+ research points from turn 0, construction in their paths as soon as you research, spells in their paths as soon as you research. Non immobile pretenders are better for early site searching though.

I'd drop 1 point in order (remember that this is a troop production scale now, and Shinu is res gated before it's rec point gated), put 1 point in heat or cold (only 2.5% income reduction for 1 temp point) and go to Magic 3

IT

2 drain is generally good. 3 Drain is terrible because it will eat your gems. Pretender-wise, honestly you can either make a rainbow to forge all sorts of cool stuff and do research or you can go with an erf snake type expander if you can get one to work. Just make sure not to tank your scales too hard, productivity 3 is basically required.

A caster bless for iron darts/blizzard is an interesting idea. I haven't tried it though.

Iron angels can be good in certain situations, but are generally sort of mediocre by the time you get them. They're a decent chassis, but the inability to cast buffs on themselves prevent them from becoming real SC's. If you can cast them, they make decent thugs. They've notably got sky-high magic resist and protection out of the box, hard counter sacreds, and are ambidextrous.

>not in any of these games
>but have the same problem

One of the weird problems I have with Iron Angels is their Divine Grasp weapon isn't counted as #bonus, meaning that as soon as you give him a weapon you forged yourself he can't use it anymore. It's basically irrelevant on him. Anyway, 4 astral for Far Caster, 4 Air for +4 precision, and 4 earth for reinvigoration would be an interesting bless for Ulm. Not too expensive, you can start Imprisoned, and your Iron Darts/Blizzard would travel further and hit harder.

This is a callout post for BigGuys Atlantis, who always does their turn last and never doubles.

I'll fucking kingmake rlyeh if you don't hurry up.

Check your shit fag I did a double on the first turn. Also I get home late. If you shit birds did your turns before I fucked off to work I'd be able to do them earlier.

>having a job
>he doesn't play Dom all day long

>everyone does their turns except me
>that means everyone else is at fault!

Yeah, that is pretty strange. It would make sense if it only went away after both hand slots were used.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how precision works, a bit of precision should make iron blizzard exponentially better. It only has a precision of three, so a few points should make it far more accurate.

IIRC, every point of precision above 15 is doubled for the purposes of the to-hit calculation.

It gets added to the caster's base accuracy.

>fags dont have their turns done after I do mine
>fags still dont have their turns done when I get up in the morning
The fuck am I supposed to do? I dont work at a computer so I cant do them at work.

All me

>monkey's summons are all sacred so you want some kind of bless
>but you also want scales so you can buy elephants and sacreds
>but you also want an awake pretender so you can also expand

>Ulm
>Great Sage
>4 earth, 4 fire
>Dump everything else into prod + income + resources, fuck dominion
>Start game and just pump out Master Smiths which -each- boost local prod by +10, meaning by turn 10 you'll have AT LEAST an extra 100 production just by way of these cucks. Set them to research Thaumaturgy
>Just mass produce crossbowmen + shielded black plate infantry
>Plan of expansion is; produce crossbowmen + shielded black plate infantry and as soon as you hit 80, pump out another mounted commander, max him out, and send him to the front lines
>Start producing Master Masons by turn 4 and build a max level fortification on every province you've captured, repeat the crossbowmen + shielded infantry build on these provinces
>Have your new commanders start supplying more troops to the older, more experienced commanders, who should by now have at least 180 command cap so long as you've been moving them forward and capturing at least 1 province per turn, which is pretty easy considering the other pretenders won't have access to sufficient magic to mass-kill your army so early game
>Start pumping out Black Priests by turn 10, send them straight to the front lines and start building temples to negate other doms, even though rapid expansion is naturally going to fuck any one else's influence on your now well established manufacturing base due to distance
>By turn 15 you should be at least level 4 thaum, get your newly awakened pretender to spam-search all provinces for fire + earth gems through rituals. Set research to Construction
>Keep this up until you hit level 9 construction
>Spam Iron Dragons and attach them to your Master Smiths, send them to the front lines
>You win

Ulm is legitimately unstoppable, even with the computer on the hardest setting. By turn 20 I'm producing more units per turn than the 5 shit-tier nature spam nations combined are, and decimating 500-strong magic armies with 80 man armies with no magic.

Why would anyone play any other nation?

All laws and courts of the world should recognize that killing stallers is not a crime, its a service to the community.

>The fuck am I supposed to do?
For starters, not blaming other people when you're the one holding up the game while you're busy flipping burgers.

Does cold resistance help cold blooded units with fatigue?

Literally anything works against the AI my dude. Now join MP games

>even with the computer on the hardest setting

Why would you need an awake pretender when you have elephants and sacreds to expand?

>Why would anyone play any other nation?
Stop playing against braindead AI and find out.

Cute isn't it?

Well tough shit because thats exactly what I'm going to do. Just for that I'm going to wait another couple hours before I do my turn.

>now if you don't protect them stalkers actually get killed by "[their] former masters"
Along with immortality not working on other planes and some things not working if the unique associated with it is already busy, these are some of the best flavor updates Dom5 added.

So, are there any interesting games currently recruiting, or am I going to need to make my own.

Also, where all the big maps be yo? And by big I mean like even 12 players, jeez

MAgical Marignon take your fucking turn!

Just buy more design points from the Illwinter Digital Store.

muh incarnate blessings

Everyone who complains about stalling has stalled the previous round.

I'm playing this game with a couple of my friends, all of us are newish (ergo-only fought AI)
How the fug do you deal with Valks wiping your commanders early game? I can assign bodyguards but Divine Blessed Valks are motherfucking strong on their own anyway.