/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Guiding Memelight Edition

Had no true mentor: >New players read this then unplug your modem and finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/'s resources, builds & mechanics guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming, lost/uncanny weapons, and runes spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-2nd gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (open this image if you want early wheel, chikage, and burial blade)

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/E8zcBcQ.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1dyKwzEEYZLomlmXQBAfTGB7AAfz2UBdhpE4oGHgfmzc/edit
youtu.be/TF5vucieMuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PURGE FILTH

>finally got Chalice Amy down
Holy fucking shit, still can't believe it. Fuck this shitnigger right in it's stupid potato head.

When is the race?

Sunday I think aka tomorrow

You mean today

This better not be another clusterfuck

>BL98/Str build making user
>Decide to watch some Kirkhammer PvP videos to see if I can convince myself to run through the game with that weapon instead of the Whirly to get more familiar with it
>Stumble into mriwont4get's weapon showcase
>"Huh? He did these for BB? I remember watching his DaS1 ones when I was new to Souls"
>He starts saying he used Thrust gems in some fights so he can focus on sword mode r2s
What the fuck?

lhb/kirk sword r2s are super good, except their recovery is really fucking long
they're also rendered irrelevant by the hmls untricked r2 because that does everything better and doesnt hold you in place for 2 seconds after use

is an Old One an actual thing, or is it only Great Ones? i've never seen Old Ones ever mentioned in BB anywhere but i've read people talking about them and just assumed they were retarded. one of the guys in question kept trying to make direct references to HP Lovecraft stories so i'm pretty sure he's just a dipshit. am i wrong?

I guess it's less stupid than I thought, then. Still, who sees a huge hammer and thinks "oh I want to focus on these puny pokes"?
I don't judge people for being tryhards or not but hms untricked r2 spam rubs me the wrong way. Such a well designed weapon with an amazing moveset and they focus on one of it's most boring attacks just because it's good. Oh well.

It's still Saturday for the US and much of the western hemisphere

But today is Sunday

Old Ones, Great Old Ones, Outer Gods, etc. are all terms used in the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft. Great Ones is a term used exclusively in Bloodborne, but is meant to reference and resemble Lovecraft's terminology for his spooky powerful alien gods. Anyone who uses Old Ones in reference to Bloodborne is being immensely lazy and/or stupid.

it might be

But if its not i can host for the league

>Savescum so I can try out the rifle spear
>It's actually really fun
Why does nobody use this?

Old Ones are only a thing in Dark Souls 2 where the "big 4" bosses are referred to as One Ones. In BB they are Great Ones

The damage is not great on many attacks but other than that it's okay.

Is there a weapon that actually isn't good or fun?

>isn't fun
Chikage. It shouldn't have the retarded health drain on r2s.

And in Demon's there's just The Old One

Chikage is actually pretty fun if you don't just unzip spam like pretty much every chikage user

i kinda wish most bosses had more HP/hit a touch less hard
i just want to fight some of them forever

the only problem i have with chikage is that the sidestep R1's have no gapclosing, like most weapons. you just do it in place where you dodged.
also, i don't understand the tricked L2's. they dont combo with anything and are kinda shit. is there some use for them that i'm missing or do they just sorta exist?

Don't upgrade your weapon?

the first l2 does thrust, the second does blood.
the first hit kind of sucks but you can use it to roll catch someone dodging in or out if they don't expect it because its very delayed. The second hit sucks by way of the fact that you have to use the first slow stab to use it at all so it only can come out once per human being who fights against a chikage before it becomes useless as shit.

Fun FC guys, but I'm tuckered out when it comes to pvp now so gonna call it a night, Claire out.

That being said, anyone up for an Isz FRC spelunk? Got the mats for a fresh one and feel like some jolly co-op.

So is getting Amygdala to it's second phase and about 25% pretty good for going in utterly blind?

It was a good run, thanks for sticking out all those laggy fights with me.

I didn't notice any lag on my end actually

What clothes and weapon would Ned Kelly use? I was thinking Brador chest and stake driver/beast cutter

I got her on my first try you filthy scrub.
I'm a R1 spamming shitter with the saw cleaver though, so that might explain it.
Keep trying.

I managed to get a charged R2 on her head and a visceral follow up with my Ludwig's sword. But that was 200% luck and I doubt I can replicate it.

Not him but kys elitist

>her
why

Weapons don't affect visceral attacks like in DaS

Idk sounds like a girls name.

Patches specifically refers to Amygdala as a "he" though

Is there something fun goin on right now? Is the fc ded?

Yeah but Patches is a spider what does he know?

So no ones up for a Isz spelunk then?

I may or may not have killed Patches unintentionally before hearing that line.

Me and Hibiki seem to be the last two in the FC and I'm about to call it quits.

I'll join you.

No u

Cool
glyph is eabnhrbq
pass is bbg

What's up with all the Isz spelunks lately?

Some user figured that our highest likelyhood of finding something new was in Isz since it's the least spelunked chalice

Isz there something wrong with that?

Arcanebois, what weapons do you use, and what are your stats?

Do the Chikage's transformed attacks scale with skill at all or does only bloodtinge matter?

20 str 50 arc
I can use anything, but i like the hammer, cutter and whirling

Only Bloodtinge. Most people only put in the base SKL investment, then pump the rest into BLT.

50 arcane + cane + half decent gems = fun times

I wasn't expecting him to just hyperarmour through that

Ah, thanks

Aren't the tools quite weak at 50 arc though?

bse does 500 damage to pthus

50 is quite enought for tools, pvp and pve

What are, in your opinions, the best enemies in the game from a visual design standpoint? Mine have to be the Church Giants. There's something about them that makes them terrifying, and thinking about being a Yharnamite and finding one patrolling down the street makes me shudder.

Yeah, the Gravediggers have quite the bullshit hyperarmor.

They are just another berserk reference

What's the best place to farm echoes so I can buy all of the vials I'll ever need because I'm tired of running out of them.

Well, layer 1 was kind of a bust, pretty much nothing of note and no gear, side area just gave me some madman's insight so probably a rock or a rune.

I beat almost everything and all I have left is CDs how do I prevebt getting bored of these? The easy Blood echoes are nice but what can I get out of this? Seems a bit pointless

Chalices

He means the giants with the axes, not the Church Officials. And so what if the officials are Berserk references? That doesn't cheapen them. They'd be cheap if they clashed with the rest of the game, but they don't.

Don't farm echoes for vials. Just kill everything (townsfolk) in Yharnam near the beginning of the game. They drop blood vials very commonly and in a few runs you'll have more than enough

Farm top tier gems then invade other players

Alright that sounds much more enjoyable than echo farming.

It's slower and if you fuck up you'll end up consuming blood vials. Just run Zullie's dungeons once or twice and come out with 200k echoes and a tier 3 rune for your trouble.

I'm quite fond of brainsuckers, actually. I like the Mindflayer design in general, the ones in Latria in DeS are creepy as hell, too. We're not even actually sure what they are, either. People infested with phantasms? People who became obsessed and/or addicted to Insight? Are they people who saw too much at once and as a result were changed, but chanted wrong? They seek out to consume eyes lining brains. One has to wonder why there's one lurking over a body in the depths of the Cathedral Ward. How long was it there?

I also really like the design of the scourge beasts, they're a classic werewolf design given a really gnarly twist - a twisted humanoid form forced onto four legs. Their constantly gaping maws and general hulking size are pretty intimidating. An user once told me found scourge beasts, Abhorrent Beasts and Darkbeasts to look far more apelike than lupine. I think he was onto something there. Beasts are terribly atavistic creatures and I think they're certainly meant to resemble wolves and apes. Throw horns into the mix and you've got a pretty fantastic monster that wouldn't look too out of a place in a medieval manuscript.

Trying an ARC build next

How hard is it to get decent dmg gems? Or is it going to take a while?

>Layer 2's side area was located inside the dungeon itself instead of a hallway, red door and everything
That is the first time I've ever seen that.
Beat keeper by the way hibiki, ringing at layer 3 unless you want some help

How do I access Zullies dungeons? I'm new to this whole thing.

Do the Blood Starved Bast in Old Yharnam. Killing him gets you the first chalice. Create it on one of the altars, move to another altar and select the option 'search by chalice glyph' then refer to
docs.google.com/document/d/1dyKwzEEYZLomlmXQBAfTGB7AAfz2UBdhpE4oGHgfmzc/edit

for the glyphs.

I like the blood drunk old hunters at the start of the dlc. I entered the dlc right after killing Amelia and thought that the first beast cutter hunter you face wouldn't respawn after killing him. Which is why I nearly spent 30 mins and heaps of vials just killing the first one.

Just you know, you'll need to complete that chalice, defeating the second boss nets you the Root Chalice, allowing you to unlock the crazy shit.

Ah yeah I forgot about that part. It's a story chalice so if you can manage the blood starved beast you can do the whole first chalice and the false depths.

Oh so that's what that was for. I killed Blood-starved Beast a while back and had almost forgotten about that chalice thing he dropped. alright I guess I'll go about doing that.

Wasn't there a glyph which had early gems too?

Damn, I don't think my usually strategy of "stick to her right and keep poking her" is going to work with pit ebrietas

O MY HOLY MOONLIGHT

Also executioner gauntlets do about 700 damage and can combo into your main weapon. A call beyond is trash or maybe I'm just unlucky but for me it does 900 damage.

This is with 50 arcane

Werewolves in the upper cathedral encapsulate everything terrying with the hunt
>black fur so they blend in nicely into the darkness
>highly powerful and fast aside from extremely aggressive and vicious
Honestly only some top tier motherfucker is going to take one down but not before it kills 100 men. Hence why the old hunters were so brutal.

>Get pit Ebby to her second phase
>Starts spamming nothing but charge and pseudo-homing soul mass

Blood-starved Beast
First time I ever felt malice from a video game entity, pretentious as that sounds
That thing is fucking mad

The beasts are a lot more terrifying when you inspect them and see their torn and exposed flesh and ribcages, as if freshly transformed and beginning to heal and grow fur.

If you want decent gems early, this might help you

youtu.be/TF5vucieMuk

Your sacrifice was not in vain Hibiki, we got the bitch. No layer 4 though so that's it, all in all a fairly unremarkable chalice outside of the sideroom located inside the body of the chalice instead of the hallway.

Well that was relatively easy. One shot each member of the Ganksquaf there at the end so that was nice.

Now all I do is put this new Chalice on the second Altar correct?

What is the BB equivalent of this?

Thanks for hosting, that Ebi fight was a lot of fun.

P-pls no bully, I never fought a pitrietas before

It's almost as fun as fighting Loran Pitbeast or BLB (with head) in a pit arena

Ebi is my kryptonite, always get counter-hit by her weird tentacle swings.

Is the boom hammer shit?
I tried it for a few minutes and the moveset seemed a bit underwhelming.

It's pretty good
Like a tonitrus but with more phys damage and fire damage just sprinkled on

it might be lacking but for the moves it has, it's pretty damn solid