/vn/ - Cutest edition

Visual Novel General #1738

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs onE-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/solpress/newton-and-the-apple-tree-a-visual-novel-by-laplac
vndb.org/v18353
youtube.com/watch?v=crCJ63b9EvA
wiki.wareya.moe/Stats.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sukisuki fucking when

1st for the actual cutest

Hey Quof, has your programmer given any indication as to how long it might take to fix the image insertion crash?

Is Sansha Mendan the Metal Gear Solid 2 of visual novels?

Fun gameplay, just ignore the story?

Nope.

Tenioha torrent fucking when

Wanko Edition!

Good taste OP

Ah fuck it then. I'm sure I can figure out the menus with enough trial and error.

>EOPs constantly beg for torrents
>then wonder why things don't get translated
LOL

Cutest dog.

People were posting the torrent days in advance too.

Sansha Mendan is amazing. Thanks Quof.

Sansha Mendan is shit. Fuck you Quof.

marika is amazing

thanks quof

Sansha Mendan is alright. I have no strong feelings either way towards Quof.

Douzo, lads

I enjoyed Ochiru Hitozuma more than Sansha Mendan 2bh

There's an image included with the patch that literally tells you what everything in the menus do

By the way? What does douzo mean?

Douzo, lad

d o u z o

Ew. Ochiru Hitozuma has bad art.

Read Clannad if you want to understand Douzo on anything more than sruface level

Cuck.

Hey Quof, will you finish the Baldr Sky translation?

by the way, what does lad mean?

what type of bug is this? i just started playing, is this an issue for everyone?

Hello, is this Dr. Phil?

It's nothing for you to worry about. It caused issues preventing certain things from being translated, it doesn't cause crashes for actual players.

I love his groans of pain. I need to remember to record them all as I replay.

Wanko is cute! CUTE!!

Well compared to Sakura Sakura where it was a little unsure whether they would make the goal, Sol Press made the Newton goal pretty fucking quick

kickstarter.com/projects/solpress/newton-and-the-apple-tree-a-visual-novel-by-laplac

Quof pls consider Gusha no Kyouben or vndb.org/v18353 for a project. I feel like both suit your tastes and you've wanted to try TL'ing something less nuki for a while

>average of $68 per backer
>4 $1500 backers
Where the fuck do people get so much money to sink into KS?

Eeeehhhhh, I literally just finished OchiHito and it was definitely alright but that's it. The corruption felt very satisfying but I think SanMen has the edge when it comes to inventiveness.

>31k budget
That's a fairly small budget, isn't it?

Saudi princes

Their last one was like 25k

If you have a decently well-paying job and you're single, $1500 to spend on your hobbies is nothing significant.

Not that I ever put that much money into Kikestarter

They're livestreaming the Newton demo right now

thats because the KS is run by the same guys who did Libra. they know how to handle a KS.

dogs belong on the street

>Newton is a blond twin tailed girl
ur kidding

Libra was Mikandi Japan I thought?

Alright well, if it's translated, we need to pick out a best girl.
Who do we choose?

Feels like it considering the numbers that get thrown around here is ~.05-.10 cents per character depending on skills and quality. I'm not sure how Newton compares to it, but Dracuriot is ~1265085 according to wiki.wareya.moe/Stats. I'm not sure how contracts per character work or if names/whatever are factored in but even assuming you knock 20% of the character count off that's still 50-100k just for the translator unless I'm missing something.

5 obviously

I got an email saying they were going to be doing it for whats its worth. Maybe its a collaboration?

3 easily

Potato maid

3 easy.

2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4 based on skimming their profiles and sample art.

Why are you surprised? Since the beginning o time in this medium you were able to go around the world or travel to the past dicking multiple female-version history figures.

Yes, it's a collab. Sekai did it with the Sakura title devs a while back too.

1-2 look great. Im guessing 1 will either be a genki girl or a tsundere.
3 looks like some DFC token loli garbage.
4 looks meh, and 5 is cowtits.

So i guess its between 1 and 2.

5 > 3 > 2 > 1 >4

Anything other than this you need to leave this general

Tossup between 1 and 5. I'd say 2 but I've been burned by so many "dere-dere" nice type girls that end up having shit routes

>Eriri and Utaha are in the game

3 looks like she's sick and might throw up because of some experiment gone wrong. So 3 of course.

>pervert loli

>Literally no one likes 4

I have a good feeling about number 3.

I like 4, but I don't want to say it and get accused of being a weeb, but I guess you forced my hand.

Meet Billy the Kid and Ivan the Terrible.

Fucking weeb get your trash taste out of here

Just from looking at her you can tell she's probably Yamato Nadeshiko which are usually REALLY boring. Unless you're Japanese yourself I don't understand the appeal.

1 > 3 = 5 >>>>>> 2 > 4
The first three could change when we read it but the other two are shit archetypes.

AYY LMAO

>implying there's anything but archetypes

A good voice can raise an archetype higher than it usually is. Converse is true as well. And don't forget you shallow faggots will judge girls on their routes instead of their actual character.

wanko is the best

The loli with the dick.

>Yamato Nadeshiko which are usually REALLY boring

Alright /vn/, create an idea for a non-boring yamato nadeshiko.

>HARD MODE: No yandere.

Hey quof will you hurry up with lxc2 so you can finally release something good?

>And don't forget you shallow faggots will judge girls on their routes instead of their actual character
I'll admit this swayed me on Maya in Hastukoi 1/1

A Yamato Nadeshiko who is secretly bad at everything she attempts.

Cute pupper.

Midori type girls are more often than not boring

god the toradora stream with /a/ is so autistic

im glad im among high IQ posters here in /vn/

You can't. It's the perfect embodiment of the perfect Japanese woman and Japan has irredeemably shit taste so all Yamato Nadeshiko's are irredeemably shitty,

I thought Runa had the best route in Hatsukoi.

Yamato Nadeshiko that's a fraud. The lunches she "makes" are all store-bought, her grades are the result of cheating, and her clothes are all synthetic materials.

I mean, by nature of being a yamato nadeshiko, then you know what that entails. There's no way to actually make a character like that not what they are without changing the archetype completely somewhat. If they were anything else, they wouldn't be a yamato nadeshiko. Maybe it would be interesting to see a heroine grow out of that role over time or something.

She's super perverted and also your imouto.

Not possible. They are boring as fuck.

>How do I make the embodiment of boring interesting

I just don't know, the best I can come up with is making her a massive pervert.

Read the VN.

/vn/ streaming a VN would be the ten times the autism

Starting Eiyuu Senki, what am I in for?

a shit experience

I refuse to watch any VN streams.

That means you fucker

Everyone being really damn cute, and above average gameplay.

Wishing you were playing Sengoku Rance again

Something about that music playing right now sounds terrible and I can't put my finger on it. It sounds deadened?

But I just got here, what happened with streams?