Are scientist, engineers, and inventors the most important and undervalued people in history?

Are scientist, engineers, and inventors the most important and undervalued people in history?

>undervalued

By whom? Maybe teens on this board who love masturbating to the philosophy (armchair critic) memes, but not real people.

>scientist, engineers, and inventors
>undervalued in history

Progress in technology, economy and society are the real history, scientists, engineers and explorers are the heroes.
Wars and battles are just accidents of history.

no. all they have ever done to this world is ruining the natural balance.

>Progress in technology, economy and society are the real history, scientists, engineers and explorers are the heroes
That isn't even a sentence.

>but not real people.
what did he mean by this?

They certainly receive way less monetary value for the value of their labour than others.

Aliens.

Make a thread about it.

Sure, just behind Historians.

>we're not real people

I know that not enough credit is due to mathematicians who have discovered ratios and set forward relations concerning highly complex number series and extremely complex, imaginary numbers. Archimedes figured out PI to be somewhere between 3(1/7) and 3(10/71) for example.

The majesty of discovering the relations of cones and segments though, in his books On the Sphere and Cylinder I and II are just simply awe inspiring. I can say perfectly well after having read that and Euclid's books 10-13 specifically of the Elements that it takes quite a large amount of mental effort to prepare and cultivate relations between different three dimensional figures

Please die.

t. math major

Also, I think technology gets TOO much credit. There are a handful of transformative technologies, and then there are details.

>scientists and inventors
no

>engineers
yes

engineering-related fields were for the most part, seen as technological arts, and inferior to hard sciences.

>undervalued
>under
>valued
where the fuck do you live

Materials scientists are probably the most undervalued people. There's so much technology just waiting for materials good enough for real life production. But everyone looks at the fancy tech, not the underlying materials.

There was some black person on this board claiming asian americans would never be culturally accepted because they didnt have enough "cool" cultural figures.

No one gives a shit in modern culture about inventors and scientists anymore. Thanks consumerism.

>anymore
Did they ever? You can't really expect people to be interested in something they don't understand.

Threadly reminder that all eletronic devices were discovered by sector 7 through their research of megatron.

They're far overvalued.

>No one gives a shit in modern culture about inventors and scientists anymore

What about that Musk guy?