Leftism = pacifism

>leftism = pacifism

When did this dumbass meme start?

Fuck memes. They're dumb

>When did this dumbass meme start?

It started when internationalism was the big thing in leftism but was still pretty minor until the cold war.

Capitalist "lefties" thought hugs and flowers were the way to go

I agree. Leftist aren't very tolerant people at all. They simply propagate it for moral high ground because they're cowards.

I assume when the Marxists realized that their economic ideologies were flawed, especially when put into competition with the rest of the capitalist world. In order for the Marxists to feasibly win, they need to have control over the entire proletariat. Therefore, they have to use lies and deceit to paint their inherently totalitarian world-view as a peaceful Bohemian society of hippies, etc.

Not really until the hippie movement of the 60s. Leftists like Lenin were extremely violent.

Vietnam

When "non violent, peaceful resistance" started being pushed by (((them))).

The "left" and "right" dichotomy is pretty recent and even today frankly doesn't make a lot of sense. It's pretty arbitrary.

The left usually gets blamed for Stalin and the right usually gets blamed for Hitler but frankly that's just wanking. Labels like "left" and "right" and "liberal" and "conservative" and "progressive" and "reactionary" are only useful in context -- they're utterly meaningless when applied to different cultures, different times.

tl;dr the meme doesn't make sense but neither does your rejection of it.

It started fairly recently, like after the 1960s when nonviolence and acceptance of everyone's way of life began to be associated with leftism. Now-a-days its taken to the extreme. Like I dont see how true leftists can support Islam in any fashion, thats just sjw bullshit. Bill Mahr may be a smug asshole but at least he sticks to leftist values unlike a lot of other people who just parrot what SJWs say.

Internationalism had been a leftist ideal for a loooong time, but they usually went about it by heavy influence and force. They would prefer peace, but they never claimed pacifism in their internationalist efforts.

It's not supposed to inherently pacifist, but most of the time it is.

I "support" Islam because I think all that is needed for secularization is exposure to secular life and the opportunity to live a secular life, which is why I think sharia is barbaric as binding, rather than voluntary law as one would submit to in other religions, and honor killings are beyond barbaric.

That's not to say I like Islam, I just don't see it that much worse than other religions, and I think most religions are backwards and strange.

Well, that doesnt sound like you support islam so i am curious to see why you say you do. I condem it. Im not a hypocrite either, I condem all religions but Islam is the one that is most active in actually staying true to scripture. Most christians and jews now-a-days are about as religous as a rock Most dont even fast when they are supposed to, let alone participate in barbaric practices (infant circumscision being the exemption).

This right here. Labels are meaningless, now more than ever.

Just let your beliefs speak for themselves.

Whatever happened to centrism?

it was kinda a "we're opposites of [blank]" dichotomy

Rights are warhawks so Leftist should be completely passive

It was relegated to the dustbin of history because at some point one opinion ends up being correct while the opposing is incorrect. The guys that are inbetween or trying to make both work are thus consistently wrong, unimportant, and forgotten.

Get your grey ass out of my black and white world.

>bwahh I want to kill all of them!
>oh no I don't want any of them dead

>guys guys can't we just compromise by killing half of them?

This. The left is basically supposed to be the tolerant side, and now they're tolerant of intolerant Muslims because the right is intolerant of Muslims. And now the alt-right is basically just the anti-left, they don't even stand for anything, just if it's the left, they want to be the extreme opposite. This is what the 2 party system does.

>And now the alt-right is basically just the anti-left, they don't even stand for anything

Why talk about things you don't know anything about?

No one like terrorist and obviously the fervent atheists among the left can tell that we aren't a fan of fundies of any religion

but they fear that the right will go full Kristallnacht on the muslims if they speak to much against them so they don't. They also want to make good PR, right doesn't want the country to look weak, that's understandable but the left doesn't want the country to look like they actually deserve the attacks they are getting. Hard to speak against the guy who blew up your building when you just blew up their country.

Leftist just enjoy loosing

>I think all that is needed for secularization is exposure to secular life and the opportunity to live a secular life
Holy fuck you are stupid and INCREDIBLY naive.

I'm gonna guess you're American.

>left-right dichotomy = relevant

When will this dumbass meme end?

And the CIA not trying to fuck with growing secular governments and replacing them with radical theocracies

Those secular government only work because they actively suppress islamic factions. It wouldn't work if it wasn't for dropping a few barrel bombs or gassing a few fuckers now and then.

For example also, see: Europe and then especially France, where second and third gen immigrants who grow up knowing nothing but secularism and have been given all the options and acceptance they could ask for still drive trucks into groups of tourists in the name of Allah.

this.
Beware the eternal gujju

Who knows.

I guess it's because leftists are rarely in power, and it's states who carry out the vast majority of violence.

never leftists are the most violent retards in history

liberals believe that leftism is liberalism
Alt-right cucks believe that leftism is liberalism, and that cultural marxism is liberalism

It started in the 70's, op.

>not being a white guilt faggot make you a cuck
this is what white guilt leftists actually believe