Tell me about the history of infrastructure spending Veeky Forums. Who had the best infrastructure spending?

Tell me about the history of infrastructure spending Veeky Forums. Who had the best infrastructure spending?

China or ancient Egypt.

Trump has the best infrastructure spending. The best. Believe me folks it's gonna be something terrific.

>great wall
>didnt keep mongolians or manchus out

>pyramids
>did literally nothing except occupy people during non farming seasons

Until we have a bullet train that takes me from the west coast to new york in 6 hours or less ill believe it.

We're talking about infrastructure spending.

The pyramids were literally more than half the yearly GDP of ancient Egypt during the years they were being built, for example.

flights from Miami to nyc cost $90

there's literally no point for a trillion dollar bullet train network that starts in San Fran and ends in nyc with stops in bumfuckville and chucklefuckville and the rest of flyover country

This.

Connecting all the cities from Boston to DC might make sense, or SF-LA service.

There's already a train linking San Diego to San Francisco

t. Commiefornian

They bested infrastructure on nightmare mode
>no cattle
>no iron

There aren't that many interesting cities between Boston and DC. There's NY and maybe Philadelphia. That's it. And there's nothing of interest between NYC and Boston.
NYC to DC is like 4 hours with current rail.
There's absolutely no reason for a HSR even on the east coast corridor.

Yeah, but like a sanic fast one.

Preferably that weird-ass hyperloop Elon Musk wants to build.

The reason is because Amtrak sucks donkey dick.

Amtrak is fine between NYC and DC.

I mean, if you like shaking, 1998 tier wifi and paying 5 bucks for some guy to stick an egg biscuit into the microwave for you.

I want a smooth-ass maglev train run by a private corporation. And I want some other state with more money to have to pay for it.

>I mean, if you like shaking, 1998 tier wifi and paying 5 bucks for some guy to stick an egg biscuit into the microwave for you.
This can be done by simply replacing the trains.

>I want a smooth-ass maglev train run by a private corporation
thanks for your blog I guess

This, they built cities in places deemed too hostile to support large populations and did it with stone age technology and no pack animal cheat codes. And yet managed to build one of the earliest ever large suspension bridges, found ways to survive with few water sources, and overcame challenges with engineering feats.

I don't know if pyramids can really be considered infrastructure. What do they actually do?

Isn't there a plan to build some new train by like the 2020s? Apparently its been in development for years and it costs a lot. When I go to southern california I usually just take a bus down there.

Yeah people here have been arguing in circles about a more modern train for a while now. I'm not very informed about the project's progress, but it would be nice I suppose, since I drive up to LA to see my dad at least once a month.

You can take the coaster to LA from various stations in San Diego county, and it's not fast or extremely practical, but it's a nice scenic track along the coast and you don't have to deal with interstate traffic. Believe me, traffic can be hell between San Diego and LA. It's only ninety miles or so, but if you get on the interstate at rush hour or over the weekend, what should be a 75 minute drive can turn into 2-4 hours.

When I was little it wasn't nearly as bad. So many fucking transplants from out of state, Mexicans, illegal Mexicans, all forms of central and south Americans, and southeast Asians have flooded this area to the breaking point.

I live in Oceanside in north San Diego county and it uses to be just a nice, little, semi-conservative, coastal military town. Over the years the amount of population and development has been staggering.

Can't even go to what used to be isolated local beaches without swarms of non natives.

Sometimes I hope the San Andreas fault gives and sinks us.

Blog post

Albania wasn't invaded, so I'd say those bunkers were money well spent.

>great wall
>didnt keep mongolians or manchus out
Except "it" did keep them out for centuries, until a general got bribed.

By "it" I mean the wall was a series of constructions by dozens of magistrates and emperors that eventually got linked together eventually, its original creators had no intention of creating one giant contiguous wall.

Not to mention it was more effective as a series of toll stations.