/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games Generam

Cute animals edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKHAu5u2ho0
youtube.com/watch?v=6CuG6jId3MI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>map after toxic fallout

Be careful of your buildings.
Fire can "jump" over one tile, and grass counts as being flammable.

>not picking up the dead/dying animals before they rot
It's like you don't want to have a radioactive BBQ

>professional still can fuck up pretty bad
Is that a snarky comment?

>do less than 95%
>"hurr durr you is terrible kill yourself you is fired"
>do better than 95%
>"congrats, you won a cookie, now fuck off"

There will be no patch. Not until it gets BIGGER. Guinness record winning big.
See you in a year.

Can traders/raiders spawn here?

>someone slips and falls on a dirty spot in some obscure location behind a 1/2 inch gap
>blame the janitor for being stupid

>someone falls against a barrel
>blame janitor

So. Dev test branch updated again. What could it be this time? Could it be truly happening, for real?

lol, you're faster than styg.

Friday's update was the first release candidate for 1.0.3, this one is the second after a weekend's worth of bugfixes. I'm trying to push Styg to put it on experimental branch but the man won't budge. ;__;

Nevertheless, 1.0.3 should be out on experimental branch later this week. Next monday at worst.

Guess what behind that wall

Mexicans?

Well, almost.

Will it be accompanied by a new dev log?

Yeah. There are some major new things and a huge changelog of smaller stuff.

>huge changelog
I've been waiting for this.

I've been waiting for over a year. For nice things that didn't make it into 1.0.2. It's so close now...

What should I do in Rimworld? Already have base, full research. Should I go to landed ship or build my own? And what is the point of this... Endless suicide raids feel boring.

Depends if you have the ressources or not to build the ship yourself.

So I just literally got Rimworld which mods should I get?

Mandatory :
EdB Prepare Carefully.

Optional :
Vegetable Gardens
Rim of Madness (the compil)
More Furniture
Weapons and Apparels
Medieval

why are cheats mandatory tho

Because if you don't know the game, you can get frustrated very quickly when you have a bunch of very skilled pawns who are all pacifists.

this game is fantastic, anyone else play?

How deep is the combat? How deep are the skill trees and ability customization?

>tfw your basic math wins the game with 1 hp
I fucking love this game

What is this? If I had to guess, it's a western JRPG, probably made in RPGMaker.

i'm not sure the combat is "deep" but it certainly is fast and you got a lot of skills to use and choose from. They are implementing the final part of the skill tree with the next update on the 14th. you got 4 elements and one neutral stance, each one with dash,guard,throw,melee special attacks and each one of those with at least 2 to choose from AND they all have lvl 1, lvl 2 and lvl 3 versions with the lvl 3 ones basically filling the whole screen.

I'm to used to Dwarf Fortress.

Why the fuck does it take so long just to get one colonist, why is it so difficult to train up a weapon skill, why can't i just create my own pawns with their own skills/traits instead of rerolling shit like it's a 90s CRPG. Where's the z-levels and madlib generated monsters?

youtube.com/watch?v=CKHAu5u2ho0
Trailer from a couple months ago showing element fighting stuff
It's on it's own engine written in Javascript with HTML5 apparently. Made by a German developer with others from around the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=6CuG6jId3MI Trailer here
It's an action RPG with leveling,equipment,stats and huge dungeons with puzzle solving

Well you correctly guessed that it was western so I guess you're not completely retarded.

Rimworld doesn't want you having too many colonists because the devs can't into pathfinding.

>why can't i just create my own pawns
Because you'll cheat.
>Where's the z-levels and madlib generated monsters?
Up your fucking ass.

>you got 4 elements and one neutral stance, each one with dash,guard,throw,melee special attacks and each one of those with at least 2 to choose from AND they all have lvl 1, lvl 2 and lvl 3 versions with the lvl 3 ones basically filling the whole screen.
How many moves does the player have access to at any one time, and how many of those are redundant and basically worthless?

Thanks.
I might be. Even a retard can recognize weeb animu art. And since it's weeb crap, it was easy to assume JRPG. And since this is /indie/, RPGmaker was the most likely option.

>Because you'll cheat.

Cheat what?

>Up your fucking ass.

Sorry for wanting to have fun

the player has access to all the moves of the current element which you can switch with a single button press. I haven't seen any redundant ones, they all fill totally different roles. Like one will hit enemies and push them away, another will hit them and pull them close. you choose which one to equip. Another one will hit all enemies in a row, another will hit the first enemy in a roll only for more damage and a slight stun. etc...
There is a free demo.

There's a good side to everything. At least user has time to finish his first playthrough without any distractions. What's a few more days to us after waiting for a year?

Sweet. Thanks for answering.

If you want to have fun, play Gnomoria, it's more up your alley. Rimworld is really for small colonies.
I prefer Towns, but Gnomoria is more complete and really DF-lite.

How do I git gud at S&S? Also, bump.

They just shot each other. Nice.

What are your thoughts on Kingdoms and Castles?

Haven't tried it.

We're back to slow and dying again. Where did all the underrail go?

Is there anything comfier in Rimworld than making a cozy little 5% planet?

>Unironically recommending someone play Gnomoria
Please go and stay go

Calm before the storm.

It's not like I'm recommending Towns.

Once the update drops there will be a lot more chatter and SOONposting. When Expedition drops we'll hit the bump limit so fast that Veeky Forums will be entirely composed of our used up threads all the way to page 10.

here
I have all the underrails

hid the emitter in a pile of junk, scared some boyz away. Now heading to SGS to find out what Tanner has to say about the 'tremors'.

What's a good genocide simulator? I just want to beat some KKK inbreds.

Expert mode : no Omerta.

welp.
looks like I need to do something then. Should I go warn Eiden? I dont really want to help the tchortists but maybe I'm not understanding the game here.

>Should I go warn Eiden? I dont really want to help the tchortists but maybe I'm not understanding the game here.
Try it and see what happens? Since you chose to infiltrate the institute rather than kill them outright.

Shill somewhere else faggot

>Now heading to SGS to find out what Tanner has to say about the 'tremors'.

Shit man, you fucked up again.

Make a save before you tell Eideen and don't overwrite that save. You are sent on a mission and can't return until you finish it.

>Should I go warn Eiden?
Only if you are done with all other quests so far. This is a point of no return. Be sure to stack on ammo and other supplies before talking ot him. Especially W2C, hypos, antidotes and batteries.

It is done.

Those were my last 2 quests in my journal.
I didnt do much in Junkyard regarding Scrappers and Eels, that will be for the next playthrough.
I also have some quest items I did not turn in : Strange power cell and Bloody mobile Computer.

The strange power cell is just for rail crossing, it lets you disable their robots from a distance. The mobile computer is the only way to find out about the Acid Hunters if you fuck up during the main questline, forgot exactly what fucks it up.

I should probably add that you should bring more repair kits than usual, but whatever, you have crafting so you sohuld be able to make them on the fly.

You're about to go through something that made a lot of c̶a̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ less patient players quit the game. I hope you aren't one of them. Don't get frustrated too quickly and you should be fine.

You didn't find Nevil yet? You might want to do that before descending, it's a cool quest.

You might want to test that XAL as well, there's a really funny sequence if you do every quest for Georgis.

>I also have some quest items I did not turn in : Strange power cell and Bloody mobile Computer.
Neither of those is something you have to turn in to someone.

Yeah I'm fine with kits.
I did kill like a dozen enemies with the Xal but its not enough it seems.

Anyway, whats up with that?

Survive until the elevator comes. Look at the lights on the elevator every turn. You can just chill out in a corner and watch the fight.

lol the guy missed with his pyrokinesia

glorious Styg himself I presume

Nah. That's Ezra

I regret not leveling hacking past 100 btw, not that I'll find anything really useful in those boxes.

That statue is Frasard, not Matveev.

You misunderstood. I'm not talking about the statue.

shiiiieet

>not that I'll find anything really useful in those boxes
You will miss out on some lore without 130 effective hacking. Not a big deal though. You should be able to level up a bit while in Deep Caverns.

hmmm

hmmmmmmmm

Psions have an easy time with that place, another reason why psi is OP.

Fuckers are legally blind, just don't get too close.

If you do get too close, run away and exit the area. When you come back they will respawn in different locations.

They will also be able to use all their abilites with no penalties whatsoever on jet skis. Balanced.

I let them be. I figured they're past biocorp employees?

I can see why people didnt like DC, but its the essence of the game to me. Not understanding whats going on, trying to find your way in a maze like cavern, its also beautiful. In a few screens it manages to suck me in. I was going east at first for the Faceless outpost but got sidetracked, entered some buildings, killed some aliums, now I'm there.
Is that him?

>use all their abilites with no penalties whatsoever on jet skis
They will?

>I let them be.
Did you get the valve though? You will need it.

>I figured they're past biocorp employees?
More than just employees. You will be able to read more about it once you restore power to the residential building.

Imagine all the creative stories writers would have to come up with for drama if america finally arrives in the 20th century and gets universal healthcare.
Games is pretty good though. So many choices with impact is nice and the setting may be a bit cramped but works out well as game.

forgot pic.
Also found like 3 or 4 mutagens marked as quest items and some biocorp machine fragments.

Fuck no.

I hear a lot of good about it but fuck buying early access games.
I got a friend who found broken stuff in the battle system and the devs then did not nerf that but gave everyone broken stuff.

Yeah, that's him. You fucked up.

>Also found like 3 or 4 mutagens marked as quest items and some biocorp machine fragments.
Keep them and look for more. If you gather all of them you will have an opportunity to solve a really nice puzzle that will make the final boss fight much easier

how many of these fuckers is there in here
holy shit and more were spawning while I was reaching for the ladder

Check your status effects.

poor guy

I leveled up and got hacking to 130. Took Pack Rathound too.

>Psi is not OP, not at all
You could do the same with a mk5 frag? The only impressive thing there is the stack of muties you've gathered.

Oh shit nigga the eye is on you. Run. Find a place to hide.

How is Grimoire? Like, it took over 20 years to make, so it should be something, right?

>how many of these fuckers is there in here
They're spawning infinitely once the Creeping Dread debuff reaches 20 stacks and turns into Eye of Tchort

You're supposed to explore before the debuff reaches 20 stacks and hide to reset it. On some maps there are hatches, you can hide there.

But that's at least 19 years of procrastination and shitposting.

right, I didnt think about it.

I'm scared not having enough bullets now. I took the elevator with something like 500 9mm, normal and w2c. I only have 300 now.

... How can I say it without hurting you...

Search the warehouses for more standard ammo. Use W2C sparingly, you will need it for the final fight.

I am a big boy, I can handle it.

Guys

guys

what if we didnt spoonfeed every new underrail player
figuring shit out was the most fun part of me
yes even in deep caverns

>20 years
It must be 5 years better than Duke Nukem Forever!