So now that the dust has finally settled, who was in the wrong here?

So now that the dust has finally settled, who was in the wrong here?

hamilton is a shit
jefferson is an overly sensitive prick

Hamilton was right about most things, but when he was wrong, he was really, really wrong. He wanted the Presidency to be a life-time position.

At least Hamilton inspired a musical that made Trump demand safe spaces.

Hamilton because he was a hip hop loving faggot

Here's my idea. 5 year terms, at the end of which there is a referendum on if the exiting president lives or not. Would it make leaders more beholden to the people and not special interests?

robespierre pls go

Based.

Hamilton was right when it came to developing a feasible country. Jefferson was right in determining what ideals that country should have.

Imagine if it was reversed; Hamilton would have American ideals as Britain 2.0. Basically a Protestant state with a president ELECTED FOR LIFE, living inside New York with a standing army to enforce his will. Whereas the infrastructure Jefferson wanted was a slave-based agricultural US with a federal government less powerful than the states, and no military whatsoever.

Hamilton knew how to make a country, Jefferson knew what ideals a country should strive for.

*Hamilton knew how to make a government

Should've put that instead

Hamilton's model reflected reality more

while Jefferson made people feel good

that happened in Rome and revolutionary France

neither times ended well (kinda puts the mob in charge of things)

obviously whoever didn't end up on money.

when did that happen in rome?

it was sort of a side effect

Tribunes and Consuls couldn't be messed with while in office but when their term is up they were fair game in quite a few cases.

youre a dumb guy

that would create dictators you retard
>oh i did something not popular with the people im going to die
>am i going to just sit there and die or am i going to do everything in my power to survive

>Revolutionary france didn't end well
user, please.

>slave-based agricultural
Wrong
>no military whatsoever.
Wrong

Jefferson was on the $2 bill

He exaggerates but I don't think an army consisting of mostly state militia would be as efficient

a theory sort of practiced in the civil war

Is* it's legal tender senpai

10/10 rebutle

Not him but your conversation reminds me of a conversation between two Romans: Fabius Maximus, who had just finished his term as dictator, and Aemilius Paullus, one of the newly elected consuls.

Fabius was worried because the other newly elected consul, Gaius Terentius Varro, had just raised the most massive army in Rome's history and was preparing to march that army on Hannibal. Fabius feared that a major loss by Varro had the potential to kill so many soldiers that Rome might have had no further resources with which to continue the war.

Fabius warned Aemilius Paullus to make sure that Varro remained unable to directly engage Hannibal. Paullus replied that he feared the voters in Rome more than Hannibal's army, as the Roman voters had had enough of Fabius's "cowardly" shit and had specifically elected rulers who would adopt a more bellicose attitude towards the war effort.

Shortly thereafter came the Battle of Cannae, providing one of history's seminal case studies in the consequences of letting the mob to plot war strategy.

Jefferson never wanted an army just consisting of state militia.
Jefferson wanted an Army.
He just thought that during peace time the military should be a lot smaller.
This idea later kinda bites him in the ass but still the point stands.

No he didn't. I don't know why people have a hard time realizing that he was playing Bad Cop. Proposing it was his way of scaring the states into getting in line and ratifying the Constitution he had just spent so much time and ink promoting as the ideal for the country.

trump used safe spaces because its a liberal thing, it gives the retards cognitive dissonance. Its the exact same thing as when he used the skittle metaphor feminists used for men and reapplied it to muslims. You are a dumb guy

Hamilton was the most rational what with the US going mostly on his model at the time

but Jefferson was the most popular what with his party going on while Hamilton's just getting wiped out

>Literally advocated for a House of Lords during the Convention

Trump has never before mentioned the concept of safe spaces. He's not that self aware.

Trump got his feelings hurt and complained on Twitter.

T. Rebbellious insurectionious assasinatiois