/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Bacon Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

drunkardshade.com/2017/05/12/guilty-bits-xrd-slayer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bike

If Blazblue Cross Tag Battle does well on the Switch do you think we could expect Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 to come to the Switch? Would you buy it on the Switch?

>buying a switch
Are you fucking retarded ?

>playing fighting games on the switch
Really user

If PC has less than 300 players on average how many will the switch have?

150 tops.

i love the character designs and overall aesthetic in this game desu

SMT and Xeno are my favorite series. I can't not buy a Switch.

So are we gonna use this thread or not

There's no reason not to.

Like what do any of those spergs actually plan to do with the last 12 posts of the old thread that's so important?

I mean it does get used, EC cant carry the thread all the time

Alright then

I have a question for the general, how long have you been playing Guilty Gear, particularly Xrd?

Guilty gear as a series, pretty much from the get go on and off. Xrd since release, had it on PS4 first and moved to PC.

>SMT
This. I'm a huge SMT fan but every new mainline game being released on the 3DS just doesn't work IMO. The demon designs are so interesting and visually intricate but you can't see any of it in game with that small 360p screen. I just don't want to buy one because the hardware is unappealing.

>how long have you been playing Guilty Gear
Since GG1 in 1999. It's what got me into fighting games beyond casual play and shaped my music tastes well into adulthood.
>particularly Xrd?
I had to quit going to locals and practicing GG for six years due to IRL stuff on top of losing hope that they would ever get the license back from Sega. I have never done this before and I probably won't do it again, but I bought a PS4 when Xrd Sign was announced in 2014 just for Guilty Gear I had no idea it would come to steam later, but at least I got a good bluray player that can also play imported Japanese games. So it was alright in the end.

When's Justice

Busy living with Sol at the moment.

Can't we just get some type of spacetime fuckery to get a Justice from a different dimension into the current dimension or something

3 months maybe.

It wasn't canon but AC+ had Justice clones. So I don't see why not. You hear it you lose.

5 months

how do I stop getting stomped? I've read the beginner's guide, learned a bunch of combos but the moment I end up in a match it all leaves me

Keep playing

Jack-O'

Practice more, try to hit confirm and pull out those combos, it will take time but eventually you will get better at it.

find people to play with that will talk to you and answer questions

Why not just state that not everyone on the roster is canon at that point. It feels like a cop out whenever devs pull characters out of their conclusive ending to meet fan demand. Nightmare Geese was met with fine reception.

Didn't they basically do that with Justice and Kliff in AC

>still no playable Testament
>still no playable Zappa
>still no playable or skin of OG Valentine
>still no playable Milla's stalker who's been in since the very first game

What are they doing? I was disappointed seeing as this game is now 3D and no alt outfits for any of the characters of something else or the clothes they wore in previous games

>Milla's stalker
What?

NPC that was a background character in her GG1 ending. AC+ made him a side character in a non canon ending where he became possessed and murdered her.

>Zappa returns
>Daisuke gives him all new ghosts
>Raoh has finally been able to rest in peace and his spirit is no longer among the many ghosts protecting Zappa from S-Ko
>in his place, another ghost of a man who was a legendary warrior in life comes to protect Zappa
>instead of Raoh, Zappa's strongest ghost is the ghost of Kliff Undersn
>yfw

>joined the tournament
>didn't become playable

Relatable. Is he /ourguy/?

>where he became possessed and murdered her
Millia confirmed for jobber

In one of her endings they went out for a date I believe or he gave her flowers

She gets stabbed with a sneak attack and decides not to fight back and accept that the only way out of a life of violence and betrayal is death. The stalker is still lucid while possessed and aware of whats is going on and just stands there, silently crying with the knife as Millia bleeds out.

That's kinda sad

>ywn stalk millia

That's really disheartening. What is it to spite waifufags?

He does look like your average young city dweller, could pass as one of those anime protagonists that are just average or below-average people that somehow get some kind of magical power or something.

So yeah.

Her own power was starting to take over her so she was happy she could die while still being herself.

What did Millia even have to give up for her powers? Seems like a pretty shitty deal for Zato considering she can still see.

da poon

She supposedly gave up her ability to make babies.

>Free birth control forever
>Badass hair powers

Where do I sign up lads?

stop stalking my waifu

Tell your waifu to stop being so hot.

Give me ALL your anti Ramlethal tech RIGHT now.

watch hohiko. there's not really much

oh anti. idk it really depends on the character. burst right and don't let her get you in the corner

Hit her before she hits you

Who do you play?

It was a noncanon ending. A lot of the bad endings are really dark. There's one where Baiken snaps after brutally murdering I-No and becomes a serial killer in a similar matter to Dr. Baldhead. It leaves off with Ky being sent to arrest her and the two ended up battling to the death.
It was never outright said but it's heavily implied that she gave up the ability to have children.
She was outright forced to do so. She attempted suicide in the past to not have to be an assassin. Also the sacrifice to allow a forbidden beast in your body depends on person to person. You have to give up what's most important to you.

Zato willingly gave up his sight meaning he can no longer enjoy artistry or Millia's beauty. Millia was forced to be sterilized because she valued both her purity and had hope for the future. Sterilizing her to forever deny her a chance at a normal life where she could raise a child that wouldn't have to go through what she did.

So what do *you* value user? There are still 3 more forbidden beasts out there somewhere?

Learn to recognize which sword is going to be swung by what she says and either jump + button or just button to drop them before they start. Like voice -> reaction.

Do the mission for her to learn the strings. KPP is always going to be an overhead and a lot of her strings aren't real blockstrings so you can abare if you have a fast enough normal or jump out

>So what do *you* value user? There are still 3 more forbidden beasts out there somewhere?
I value Millia's legs and rear

burst dauro
hit swords
fuzzy the overhead strings to force her to change timing so you have easier time mashing out

Okay then in exchange for power (no clue what or where the other three forbidden beasts are) you lose both arms and your entire sense of feel. So even if you got to worship those long, plump, supple and soft legs you cannot touch or feel anything that could result from contact with them.

Well time to get you fitted for your Assassins Guild outfit, user. How do you feel about... hmmmm.... how's about a executioner's hood and a black leather straight jacket with shiny gold buckles? Don't worry about the sleeves, you don't have arms anyway so there's plenty of room to add stuff in the sleeves. You get a choice of what engravings and embroidering you can put on it for small details but we are gonna include a "DANDYISM" print somewhere.

I'll just use my senses of smell and taste.

Now that's dedication. The guild can use someone like you.

You know that's an interesting question, I don't really know what I do actually value, I guess my life would be one of those, even though I frequently think about suicide, and life itselft doesn't seem like something that could be sacrificed anyway. Another thing I guess I value too is my health in general, I don't have any chronic conditions, my eyesight isn't perfect but nothing that could be fixed with glasses, I'm ugly but not deformed. As for the mental side, well, it could be better but also a lot worse.

As for things not related directly to me, well, I think the only thing I really do value is my family, my parents specifically, they're about the only people I really do care about.

But would I sacrifice any of it for the power the forbidden beast would grant me? I don't think so really, I mean, what could I do with that power? Kill people? That's not really useful to me, it wouldn't really give me what I really want in life. What I want in my life is, well, to have everything I want without having to work for it, ideally I would have been born in a very rich family that would be willing to give me their wealth so that I could live without working a single day in my life and being able to buy everything I want. Having deadly powers such as those of Zato or Millia won't allow me to get that. I guess I could work as an assassin (and I probably would be forced to anyway by the guild so) but I don't think I would be a good one, I mean, I have the power, but that doesn't mean that I'll be able to use it effectively, I'm not a smart person and I don't think I would be a good assassin.

This was a pretty interesting thing to write, anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blogpost and don't forget to subscribe.

People are still gonna play this game after DBFZ comes out right? R-right?

I think in that case you'd lose memories of your family as a whole. Like you could see the face of your mother and have no idea who she is.

I also think someone that values nothing probably couldn't have a forbidden beast in them, as sacrificing what you care about the most is a hard requirement for having one. Then again a cold, detached, emotionless person with nothing to live for seems like they'd be the perfect candidate to be an assassin, powers or not.

I'll get DBFZ and probably focus on it equal to GG for the first few months. Then if it's still interesting to me after that I'll cycle it with the other fighters I play, like KoFXIV, UNIEL, Melty, and Golden Fantasia.

how's this game's lore? please tell me it's less convoluted than BlazBlue's

Yes but not really.

>I think in that case you'd lose memories of your family as a whole.
That doesn't sound too bad, I can't really be sad about losing the memories of them if I don't remember about having them in the first place, unless we are talking about that kind of memory loss that doesn't fully erase everything, where you try to remember something but you can't but you know it exists and you had memories of it before, but now no matter how hard you try you cannot remember what it was, and it makes you feel empty and as if you have lost something important to you, even if you don't really know what it was, that one would be pretty bad.

>but not really
You haven't played BlazBlue I take it. That shit is way more convoluted

I kind of checked out on BB's story after CS, but GG is comparatively more straight forward from what I can gather. Time travel exists in both but in GG it only matters for two characters who have hard limits with how they can use it and what they use it for.

GG feels more like a mix of mid 90s anime with a contemporary visual aesthetic mixed into a quasi-Gothic, hard rock themed ironpunk-ish fantasy land.

BB is more in line with an early 00s visual novel feel. It has high fantasy aesthetics and goes heavier into the Gothic elements.

From a visual perspective, GG is more in line with Trigun, NGE, Devilman, and so on, while BB is more visually in line with Dies Arie.
>unless we are talking about that kind of memory loss that doesn't fully erase everything
Considering the entire point is to sacrifice something important to you, that would almost certainly be the case.

>ironpunk
We have gone too far

Who do you hate more? Ky or Sol?
I'll pocket that one.

KY

Sol. A lot more wild and hard to control.

why do retards keep asking this? it's not a gg replacement or substitute, it's its own thing. i personally don't care for tag games much nore db so i have not much interest in it but i'll see how the playerbase fares. i'm more interested in xtag than dbfz but it's not really going to affect the playerbase in a negative way. it'll get more people playing fighting games and that's more chances to have people playing other fighting games so it's a net positive.

way less convoluted

early ECPC lobby until like 8:30 or something

room code: 442w

been having to sleep and wake up early so missing a lot of rooms

How long does it take to get good with Ram
I thought it was gonna be easier but those corner carries and the timings for most of her combos seem fucking hard
Bought the game a week ago

Learn your combos, pressure and set ups, skip everything else because you can just autopilot. You are now a lower level mikado player.

What are you referring to by "everything else"?
Doesn't sound like there's much left to fall into that

neutral and defense are kind of important too, but he was making a joke about Ram

Ehh her neutral doesn't feel hard to pull off
And defense is just like any other anime figther, got my practice for that with Skullgirls and Ougon Musou Kyoku

Xrd? Not at all yet. I'm just lurking until I can play though. I've been playing Guilty Gear since X though.

I got Rev2 in late October and it's pretty much all I've been playing outside of a short break when I had a lot of schoolwork

I'd fucking shit a brick.

just lost 20 to 1 playing against my frined / training partner ask me ama

are you going to stick with pot

Did it feel good though?

im not a pot player im not cool enough
i blocked the stupid crossup he was abusing last time a lot more consistently, and was able to get out of his pressure with dp pretty consistently to so im not to upset. I just need to be able to finish combos and decide what the fuck im going to do for oki and stop letting people get up for free. also sometimes my meter usage, and bursts are atrocious

GGs Wallet and Bane. Thanks for hosting tonight and for the Millia advice.

On a side note, yesterday I mentioned that Alien and I got the netplay for AC+R working last night. Normally I'd just make the room but before I do I was wondering; how many ECPC players actually have the steam version of AC+R?

I do!

I do too but hangin with a friend tonight

Shit. I didn't realize AC+R didn't allow for anything that wasn't a 1:1 connection. AC+R Rooms are gonna require a bit more organization to put together.

room closed, thanks for coming.

How to do forward dash fireball on Leo, asking for a friend

Damn I hate this game

Hold back to charge and then very very quickly 66H

Is there a good Slayer guide out there anywhere? I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing.

Read this
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/12/guilty-bits-xrd-slayer/
And watch some Slayer players on keeponrock.in