/rsg/ - Runescape General

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek edition
Previous thread Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,729,65970650
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/december-mega-patch
>December's Month Ahead
Never ever. Here's the winter weekend schedule instead:
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?16,17,935,65966225

>RuneFest Reveals
services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-reveals

Other urls found in this thread:

services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare?user1=Asgeir
rs3bossschool.com/articles/optimal-invention-perks/
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Limitless_sigil
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Scrimshaw
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for i want to lick the boipucci of every female (male) gamer in the fc

Haven't played in three years, help please.

I have Drygore maces, are they good? I noticed tons of new weapons have been released, worth dropping the Drygore maces for anything else I could realistically get with what I have?
I got not much else worth anything, I've got two Tetsu armor pieces, worth continuing towards the third piece? Any good 80+ Range/Mage armor?
I have 77M, Pack Yak, Turmoil and Overloads. What is worth working towards? What should I work towards?

My character: services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare?user1=Asgeir

second for dead already

get rid of tetsu
get bandos armor for melee, armadyl for ranged and subjugation for magic, this will fit your budget
then focus on getting money for t90 for magic and ranged, and keep the drygores for melee

I'm reading about some level 87 weapons that are rewards from Bounty Hunter. Any good? Worth buying?

the bow and the staff are good until you can afford noxious
also, work towards invention, you just need 2 crafting levels

drypoors are still good just one tier down from level 92 items
tetsu is junk
go for gwd1 armour (bandos arma subjegation)
unless you want your nex armour which degrades and costs all that you have for a single set
there is level 90 armour but dont worry about that
as for goals theres a whole bunch of answers to that question but i'd reccomend quests because FUN

probably still not worth the pricetag unless they crashed while i wasnt looking

Thanks so much guys.

How about hybrid armor? Capes, Rings and Necklaces? By Saradomin, I'm still using an Amulet of Fury, and if I remember correctly the Dagganoth King rings?

>probably still not worth the pricetag unless they crashed while i wasnt looking
All three around 30M. I think I might just buy the magic and ranged ones because I don't think I've got any better, but I've got Drygores so keeping them I guess (but they're so fucking ugly).

hybrid armour is a joke but if you want a set grab saradomin/zamorak warpreist for the set effects
fury is fine, if you feel like blowing 6m on a blood shard you can upgrade it too
as for rings you can do the broken home quest+ challenges to get a decent ring in about an hours time might want to pick up a ring of fortune too until you can afford lotd at about 40m

hybrid armor is not worth using
cape, skillcape or kiln cape, if you have that
ring you do the quest called broken home and you do all the challenges to get the best ring in the game, or you can also use a luck of the dwarfs, but that's ~40m
necklace you can still use the fury until you can afford amulet of souls, or buy the ones from dungeoneering if you have spare tokens

>but they're so fucking ugly
Just use whatever overrides you like.

That wiki page doesn’t give any information that I didn't already state.

Tank armor has damage reduction, which should theorically do just that, reduce the overall damage on every successful hit against you.

“Armor rating affects chance to block damage”, I’m assuming that means chance to fully block an attack? So if it doesn’t block an attack, it can hit anywhere between 1 and its max hit with no restrictions? (excluding your innate damage reduction).

Do high level bosses just have such a high accuracy that 800 bonus armor only means 1-2% extra block chance?

Why hasn’t jagex addressed this issue yet? Is it because the game is so ingrained in its current broken state that actually fixing these issues would destroy whatever balance is currently in place on bosses?

>I’m assuming that means chance to fully block an attack?
Correct.
>So if it doesn’t block an attack, it can hit anywhere between 1 and its max hit with no restrictions?
Correct.
>Do high level bosses just have such a high accuracy that 800 bonus armor only means 1-2% extra block chance?
No, but their accuracy is not paired to your Armour Value, but to your Defense level. So, as long as you're 99 Defense, boss accuracy wouldn't be affected by Armour.
>Why hasn’t jagex addressed this issue yet?
It's Jagex.

>Thanks so much guys.
rsg likes to help when it can

>No, but their accuracy is not paired to your Armour Value, but to your Defense level. So, as long as you're 99 Defense, boss accuracy wouldn't be affected by Armour.
If that were true, then doing slayer in hybrid armor would be the same as not wearing any armor at all.

I'm going to exploit that

- Wyvern Crossbow vs Decimation?

- Considering this ''Invention'' skill, are only augmentable weapons and armour worth using since you can augment them to become stronger?

- I just read about this Ring of Death, isnt that better than the ring from the quest Broken Home?

Man there's just so much NEW STUFF these past three years.

Also why am I being recommended to get rid of Tetsu armor? It's 15 tiers higher than Bandos armor right? Isn't it better?

I'm talking about accuracy, not damage. Armour still affects your damage taken, as per the calculations shown on that page.

-decimation
-yes
-no, because the ring from the quest has a passive that saves adrenaline when using abilities that use adrenaline

-bandos is power armor, it has attack damage bonus, while tetsu is tank armor, which is completely irrelevant because damage reduction is broken as fuck

crossbow is cheaper and has the poison effect that used to be on rcb so it has my vote
[reddit spacing]
for all augmentable equipment slots yes, cant augment helms rings gloves boots necklaces capes and some others
[reddit spacing]
yep, costs more than 0gp though
[reddit spacing]
tank armour < power armour no exceptions

>which is completely irrelevant because damage reduction is broken as fuck
Is this something new? What do you mean? Is this the discussion going on in this thread regarding damage reduction? What does it mean?

>for all augmentable equipment slots yes
So if I have a tier 90 armor piece and a tier 80 armor piece, the tier 80 armor piece is augmentable, is the tier 80 armor piece better then? How 'much' stronger can an armor piece or weapon piece be made through augmentation?

>tank armour < power armour no exceptions
Why is everyone saying this?

>What does it mean?
it means tank armor is shit, power armor is good
all pieces of armor and weapons above level 70 are augmentable, with the exception of ports regular armor
you can put perks on augmented stuff, which gives them good effects, but don't worry about them until you're like level 90 in invention
>Why is everyone saying this?
because that's how it is

anything t70+ is augmentable, its a matter of equipment slots there are for example no augmented gloves to you are free to use your cinderbanes(i forgot to mention those earlier, actually good hybrid gloves that poison and only cost like 3m)or razorbacks in their augmentless form

>Why is everyone saying this?
because;
>damage reduction is broken as fuck

who here /not fucking playing until bank rework shitgex/

see you in 2019, friend

Thanks for everything guys

what did he mean by this

What are the best-in-slot perks?

for armor: crackling, biting, impatient and enhanced devotion
for weapons: precise, equilibrium and aftershock

rs3bossschool.com/articles/optimal-invention-perks/

todays the day i finally give up for good

ok bye user

goodbye

Help, what the fuck is Pocket and Sigil slot?

>shitting on lady tinder
seems to be an ok guy

the book/scrimshaw/random crap slot and the useless slot respectivelly

pocket is for scrimshaws
sigils are for rich fucks

What is Shattered Worlds? Is this Abyssal armor thing anything relevant?

When is transmogrification coming out?

>pocket
god books, holy wrench, scrimshaws
>sigil
ignore unless you're going for 120% efficiency at high level bosses

dead content, no
keepsake keys

shit minigame
it's an override

>What is Shattered Worlds?
trash with a couple good ability rewards
>Is this Abyssal armor thing anything relevant?
no

>sigils are for rich fucks
>ignore unless you're going for 120% efficiency at high level bosses
Explain please, if I'm to return to RS I need to not be a scrub

>transmogrification
Never use this word again.

>hes only mad cuz he keeps hitting on her in super autistic ways and gets rejected

they're either ridiculously expensive or borderline useless

you won't be a scrub if you don't use sigils
they're expensive and the only use for them is to get a few more dps at the high level stuff

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Limitless_sigil

for pocket slot non degrading stat buff
lighthouse quest
ancient book
pay the grand exchange about 3m for the pages
one piercing note quest
illuminated god book

>runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Limitless_sigil
Hahahahahahahahaha

>What is Shattered Worlds?
think of a "infinite tower climb with random generated floors" with random monsters inside each floor
>Is this Abyssal armor thing anything relevant?
cosmetic
>When is transmogrification coming out?
keepsake keys

Is having god books in pocket slot a thing now?

>>Is this Abyssal armor thing anything relevant?
>cosmetic
Yeah I saw, it looks good.

Btw, any good dual wield override you guys can reccomend? Drygore Maces are ugly

you should stop using dual wield

>Is having god books in pocket slot a thing now?
illuminated god books are best in slot for combat

Wow yeah I just read up on the Illuminated books.
They also seem to have an active effect, worth using, or should I just keep them in inventory for the passive effect?

Should I sell my Drygore Maces for what then? Only got 77M to my name right now.

active effects are good but pretty pricey, usually only worth at top tier pvm

the active effect is very expensive to use, but some of them are good
I don't know if they're worth using though, I never use them

don't sell your drygores, use them until you can afford noxious scythe

Is 2H much better than DW now or what?

halberd type weapons have +1 attack range

short answer: yes
long answer: dual wield is better at single target scenarios, and still not by much
that is because the scythe has a longer range, so some AoE abilities deal damage in a 5x5 area around you, so you kill stuff way faster than if you would be doing 1x1
you can also buy a dragonrider lance, it has this longer range and it's pretty affordable, it has the same accuracy as the scythe with a slightly lower damage output

So would it be worth dropping Drygores for a Dragon Rider Lance?

short answer: yes
long answer: yes

Ok thanks.

So I just read on the Illuminated Book of Wisdom:
>The book of wisdom can be activated like scrimshaw to provide a passive effect during combat. The book can be recharged with any Saradomin page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the original book. 3 hours is the maximum amount of time that the book can be charged for; giving it a recharge of 4 total pages from 0 to 100%.

The passive has a 5% chance to activate per hit. When it activates, a lightning strike hits the target for 165-275% damage (55-165% in PvP). This is based on Commander Zilyana's attack.
So the passive effect is the thing that requires activation and costs alot of money.
Is there really nothing better to use in the pocket slot?

Oh have they finally removed those ugly looking sides on the skill cloaks?

there are scrimshaws
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Scrimshaw
each of them have a different effect
there are accuracy scrimshaws for each of the 3 attack styles
and an extra for a few different effects
but they can be somewhat expensive, and really only worth using if you're killing bosses and things

yes

I presume the first thing I should do if I start playing again is getting Invention going? I presume missing out on Invention is missing out on massive combat performance?

yes

I know I'm getting annoying now but I still have so much questions:

Revolution, yes/no?

yes

I have all three Kiln capes I just remembered.

But perhaps it's still worth using the skill capes over them considering their new passive effects?

Yes, copy one of these bars based on what abilities you have unlocked and which type of weapon you're using.
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars

strength cape has a dps increase and def cape is nifty if you think you might die but otherwise id stick with kilns

strength skill cape for melee, kiln for mage and range

Max cape and invention cape are kind of nice for slayvention.

I'll never train Thieving or fucking Mining to 99.

You guys are being so nice to me, I feel so excited for RS. With all these new stuff to explore. Thanks so much all of you.

you really should
there are a few new methods you probably don't know about that make them less of a suicidal inducing skills

good
now don't be a shitter and get quest cape
don't say no or we'll all start to give you bad advice

Don't worry my fellow Lorehound! xD!

As for right now I'm only interested in Sixth Age related stuff though.
Praise be to Saradomin.

disgusting

I wish there was a way to see in real time how many people have quest cape and max cape
I wouldn't bet my nox set that there are more maxes than quest capes, desu

So, as I get membership: Work towards Invention.

What should I level it to in order to be able to get all the standard good perks that are "bis" for weapons and armour?

Anything else that should be prioritized?

How much would 95-99 Prayer cost?

~90 invention is decent to start trying for perks
I wouldn't train prayer now, focus on leveling invention first, as you won't be unlocking new prayers anyway

Getting perks is kind of a clusterfuck of spending money and RNG. Also I've been told that this image is wrong so hopefully reposting it will bait someone into posting something better.

For prayer just make sure you have bonecrusher while slaying, preferably on toolbelt.

What do you mean by "trying" for perks?

Is applying good perks on good weapons & armor an "end-end-game" thing?

getting good perks is rng based
pay really close attention to the invention tutorial once you unlock it
it's very important to understand how you do stuff

Longer than that, pretty sure the mining / smithing rework has been talked about for at least 5 years because it was old when I stopped playing 2 years ago and theres still not even a likely release year for that.

the difference being that the bank rework is actually needed and the majority of the players want it

All we really need are more preset slots that arent $15+ per slot.

and placeholders

Thanks guys.

Also still something I don't understand, besides the ridicilously expensive Scrimshaws, what are some good items to just put into pocket slot and keep there? Seems like Illuminated god book passives are expensive aswell, so what should I use?

Good gloves/boots to recommend?

the book's abilities aren't really passives, as you need to activate them first
so if you just have the book, and don't activate it, you still get the stat bonuses without spending a single penny

cinderbane gloves
an uncharged illluminated ancient godbook is just 3m

gloves: cinderbane
boots: bandos, armadyl or subjugation, depending on the style you're using

Okay so the pocket slot is basically rather abandoned much like this "sigil" slot, with very few options for both equipment slots, which means people just default to the illuminated god books?

Also, it seems Torva armour is worth purchasing, not only is it power armor (which people tell me is the only armor worth using) it also gives life points, which Bandos doesn't. I guess I should spend my money on it, also sell my Drygores and buy a Dragon Rider Lance since apparently 2H abilities are much better thanks to aoe clearing?

>Okay so the pocket slot is basically rather abandoned much like this "sigil" slot
sigil is worse
pocket does have some other options for skilling and such, but for combat it's really either scrims or god book
the problem about you buying torva with your budget is that you wouldn't be able to buy mage and range equipment
you can't just melee everything, but I have no idea what you plan on doing to get more cash