Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU: a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

christmas etriams

Fish etriams

>730 posts
>meme game in op
Proper thread when

Why is the red head gladiator so popular?

Fujoshits probably

>EOIII
>meme game
More like waifu game.

this but unironically

What if that, but IRONICALLY?

Then you have bad taste in waifus

I SEE NIPLESSSSSS

>M.I.K.E explaining the events occurred 1000 years ago
>The Earth life is dyng bit by bit by the guilty of the mankind's pollution
>The global warming isn't a joke, is real
>Yggdrasil project is created, seven giant trees will clean all of the pollution
>However, Yggdrasil couldn't support as much pollution as was believed
>The calamity succesed, Yggdrasil was corrupted and is became in the most dangerous enemy of the mankind
>Primevil is born and threat in destroy to Etria
>The whole game is about a giant tree which contains a giant monster threating the nearest town
>Frederica recover her memories and became worst girl Ricky
Here comes the whole plot of the matter
>the next games have the same plot and have as much new giant tree as new region
>Project Yggdrasil created seven giant trees in different places of the world
>Following this plot all of the games from main series will have a story with each of the seven trees

Summarizing the final game of the main series will be EOVII

HOWEVER
>EO3's yggdrasil is from space so it can't be one of the seven
>EOV isn't even on earth

>Simon astonished about all this ask if the calamity affected the giant tree of his homeland
>M.I.K.E quickly answer that he haven't recordings about this but said (pic related)
>Could be Primevil himself controlling the seven trees but as there is a new monster in each next game might be that each tree is custodied by other monster and not Primevil.

Althought only I've played EO1U but it might follow that plot, the man of the future must get rid all of the monsters in order to save the world, he'll fix the ancient mankind's fails and Ricky will be brutally raped by ragelopes in punishment for being one of the guilty ones to create the calamity and for having built the genocide computer that almost attack Etria with Gungnir

It just says that the monster is located in the space and nothing else, EOV have an new monster, a new region and a new giant tree, otherwise all of these elements are related with the EO1U plot.

No, V demonstrably does not take place on Earth. The planet has two moons and alien species(ones that weren't spawned by the tree).

Most likely, Atlus doesn't give a fuck and didn't intend to be consistent in the first place. That was tacked on later in Untold but the mainline titles continued to ignore it in favor of doing their own thing, trying to be marginally more original.
Or the trees were alien tech in the first place and all based on the one from 3.

Is V a soft reboot?

EOV is so different than the other ones and his name "The end of the long myth" are just clues that prove a timeline and this franchise likes run with prequels and sequels. Many events could happen for a thousand years.
Curiously the humanity discussed in the EO1U plot wanted to resemble the current one irl, but I find strange the advanced technology that this civilization had, they had a fully functional cryogenics, supercomputers with feelings, the ability to give life to giant trees , the gungnir attack seemed to come from space, total control over the brain, Gladsheim himself.
Something concerning in space is seen throughout the saga
Anyway, anyone may say me if EO2U plot follow at least a bit the EO1U plot?

why would it be?

another tree, another story. in the DLC you might find ok Simon directs you to kill something

No, Ricky.

Yes, Frederica

Does gunmount reset your gun revenge stacks?

it's a cannon skill, so it will use them

Okay but do the stacks reset after using a cannon skill? Trying to figure out how gun revenge works.

when you use a cannon skill, all stacks of Gun Revenge are blown to add more damage to the attack

as it says in the skill description, bunkers and turrets getting hit give you stacks, too, hit or miss, but so will guard skills, if the hits land on the dragoon

ah okay so i might not even care too much for gunmount then.

>iron crustacean
> use mana guard
>ice slicer front row.
> still die.
Fuck this.

best boss

shaman's suck until they get their titles.

I probably liked that stratum's music the most. Also for some reason it seemed like the shortest stratum. Anyone else feel that way?

I accidentally drew a wall where there wasn't one in that stratum so I wasted 3 more hours than I should have.

>not being a automapfag.

>being an automapfag

It's probably because floor 2 is full of pointless space-filling paths for when you fall down from floor 1 and only a small amount of the floor is actually relevant, then floor 3 is about 3/4 of a standard floor size, then floor 4 is water so there's not much actual moving around and then floor 5 is 95% postgame superboss area except for the tiny amount of space before the boss.
Aesthetically it's my favourite stratum in the game and Corotrangul is a great boss, but it really got cucked in the layout department.

I'm looking at sanctuary, and I don't think it's worth it but I feel like im missing something.

am i supposed to be getting 1 hit by first stratum boss on level 12 or do i need to buy armour

12s kinda low and you probably wont survive without specialized survival moves like magic shield or mana guard

Is Hippogriff supposed to be this bullshit? 200 damage to my entire party sure is cool.

Scans when?

Yes he is. If you don't cheese him, he's near impossible with his debuffs, guards, and healing. And strong ass attacks.

Lame. This is the first time I've had trouble with a boss in the series, and man, it really doesn't feel fair at all.

What's wrong with her ears?

just nuke him lmao

Exactly how do you cheese him? I'm beyond giving a shit with this fight, I just want this garbage over with.

Reclassed into Arken.

Max thunder fist, max overexertion, whatever elemental/defense debuffs you can add, whatever attack buffs you can add, and dance oracle or sleep. Then use chain blast to bind him and go all out. Or go to basic mode.

Ok guys just started Etrian 5, whats the consensus on voices? are they too intrusive?

choose only the cutest ones

UNLEASH THE BEAST

I don't have a Pugilist. I'm probably going to go for Basic mode because this is fucking stupid. It all boils down to if his last attack left me in bad shape or not, and if I have Hygea's bowl or whatever ready. i.e. pure random fucking chance.

His aoe attack is completely predictable and you can block it with leg binds.

Does chain blast work twice in a battle? Or will it just miss a bunch on the second attempt? I know in prior games, once a status effect/bind hit, enemies would gain a resistance to it, but does that apply to chain blast?

Yeah but it has something like 199% base bind rate

I FUCKING DID IT BUT RNG FUCKED ME ON MY VERY LAST TURN AND I FUCKING MISSED TWICE IN A ROW SO MY FUCKING DRAGOON GOT HIT AND DIED BEFORE THE KILLING BLOW FUCK THIS GAME FUCK THIS BOSS I'M GOING TO EAT MY FUCKING 3DS

male voices are good, female voices are shit. This applies to both player and NPCs. They enhance the forging experience.

I made zero fucking progress in the 6th stratum over the last two days. Zero. Every fucking time I end up getting wiped by some bullshit and lose an hour of progress.
I want to find the scrawny little jap that came up with this shit, grab him by the throat and punch his fucking face until it's a bloody pulp.

atlus can't dub

Is hound rover + Punisher shaman going to be good enough for my healing needs? Or do I need to roll with a herald or else my life will suck?

Fortie cakes

Enemies still gain resistances against stuff that got inflicted on them - but like in the Untolds those don't stay around forever. As turns goes by, they get smaller and smaller until the enemy almost reaches the state of the start of the battle.
So with a low damage, high defence party (which is needed for two Chain Blast in most cases anyways) it can work twice.

That is plenty; I even ran only a Hound Rover and had no trouble.

Good to know. I was concerned there wouldn't be enough party healing. Kinda seemed like the hound party heal wasn't very reliable.

i stopped fighting inthe 6th stratum with invisibility cause they were annoying and pointless but then i realized its just an unfun maze with bad music with no fighting that is gonna wall my team and force me to reclass into impact pug or cannon drag to have enough damage so i just quit

I'm enjoying the music, but I'm not enjoying having to go through FOUR floors MULTIPLE times without a single shortcut.
Also, while the map data is being saved, I don't get any exp or gold when I die, and I need it to buy the ultimate weapons/armor.

Egar or edgar or whatever his name is has a good voice.

it has shortcuts and you can register the maps like always

There are shortcuts, they look like red and black sticks.

I know there are some in the 6th stratum. But there are none during the most important part - the many repeated trial and error trips through 29F and the 7-way teleporter hub.

yeah but you can rule like half of those out immediately by looking at where they go

But you can't. Sure, some of them just fling you in the direction you're facing, and it would be obvious to rule out them if that was always the case. But they can just as easily be floor jump portals, which don't really follow any particular rules. And you have to actually step on them to find out which is which.

they all follow the exact same rules and send you a specific number of blocks corresponding to their color

Can you use things like the campfire rest spot in the 2nd stratum as much as you want? Or does the rest function just like... Stop working? Seems like an easy way to cheese going to the inn.

>send you a specific number of blocks corresponding to their color
I haven't noticed that yet. Thanks if that's true.
I'll take another look on my map this evening.

You can only use this particular campfire to rest. And only once a day. Cook you can as many times as you want.

there are people that made it this far without understanding the stratum gimmick

Careful, Teach. If you stick your tongue out like that in winter, it'll freeze and get stuck like that.

are you from a country that never gets snow

No, I'm from Russia actually.

then you're just a dumb gopnik

Is there a particular point you're trying to get across, or are you just being rude?

that you're a dumbass

That's not nice

dumb teachposter

too many casuals
we need to bring back random teleports and pitfalls and no-radar and FOEs that pop out of nowhere and spinny tiles for the ultimate sixth stratum experience

No matter what I post, you're still going to call me dumb, aren't you?

Teach is old, why is she dressing up in a school uniform?

>best girl is a boy
What did Himukai mean by this?

dumb phoneposter

Every Etrian is female by default.

It's the Monster Hunter Tri of the series, but not as good.

I'm so offended

i cant decide how to make my teams anymore

at first i just named them after my friends, gave us same roles weve played in mmos and tried to be as strong as possible

but after playing all but the untolds and using skill calcs to see the oftentimes unfathomable truth i am more confused

i can make an overpowered team abusing the obviously too-strong stuff but that seems like a pointless exercise cause obviously its gonna win why even bother

so for eo5 i made a deliberately bad team but it was just obnoxious the whole game aside from a couplemof nice momenta and it simply cant finish off star devourer it doesnt do enough damage in either aoe for controlling the fight or single target for bursting so id have to either switch to the team i shouldve played from the start or give up

im planning to move on to EOU2 next probably but dont know how i want to build it

i could not look at calcs and try to minmaz while guessing but that just seems weird and silly cause its basically luck

i could just make a strong team or a weak team but thats not great idea either

i dunno what i want to do, help

Post your party, i thought mine was shit but still managed to beat him