/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Veeky Forums's Sonic General. Here we discuss everything Sonic! Share art, romhacks, and other community content. Talk about the games as well as the expanded franchise.

/sthg/ #1102 - & Knuckles Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ddetexvj0b4
imgur.com/a/SHC2r
youtube.com/watch?v=j8__q_6QjHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RYBTMs7x41I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can I get some nice Blaze posts? Its also a shitty and stressful time for me right now desu

First for Sonic is best and I really love him!

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

Here ya go user.

Reminder to ignore & not reply to shitposts.

Now post Knuckles

I fucking hate you people.

What Sonic songs do you think have genuinely good lyrics. No, I don't mean you like them because they are cheesy and stupid, I mean you genuinely think they are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ddetexvj0b4

Is this the newest pasta? lel

handwarmu

So if Amy is in love with Sonic, doesn't that basically mean she's a furfag?

Amazing that this pic is relevant again.

What do you think Energy's feet smell like? haha

Actually, there were various versions of that before. don't know why the person decided blaze should be the pasta version except for shitposting purposes

This goes clockwise, right? Where does it start, the top?

yep

Silver is retarded faggot who shouldn't be allowed to have a good future. Also Silvazefags BTFO now and forever since Blaze is canonically dead to Silver and has no idea he exists, kill yourselves.

It's entirely for shitposting purposes, user.

But anyways, who have you played in GHPAnon's build so far?

What did Miyamoto mean by this?

user, I appreciate your efforts, truly, but ironic shitposting this hard will break the goddamn general.

What happens when Knuckles dies?
Will Knuckles ever die? Will the Master Emerald keep him alive forever?

haha. They probably smell like total embodiment of "Chaos" if you know what I mean!
Do you think Sparky ever shocks energy? You know, for laughs? haha

>Will the Master Emerald keep him alive forever?
Bingo. Why do you think he protects it so much? He knows what's up.

Just make a Sparky thread on /trash/ if you just wanna talk about him, user.

How powerful is Shadow compared to Sonic? How would he fare in a one on one fight against him?

Best ship has arrived.
Do NOT fall for beep beep propaganda.

>What happens when Knuckles dies?

He'll finally be free of this world and it's problems.

He'd probably pass it off to a protege.
Well, that's if Sonic carried on being shonen as of Adventure 2.

Modern Knuckles would just leave it for hours on end to show up at a party.

Classic Knuckles would protect it until the day he died, whereas the Emerald would lose power or something.

Boom Knuckles would protect it for all he was worth until someone accidentally broke it, and then we'd see murder on a Cartoon Network show.

haven't touched ghpanon's sonic demo since its birth. I have a win XP machine with 512mb of ram so i doubt it would even start up

shippers are always cancer in every fandom

>Implying
I like SonAmy more, but beep beep is good too.

>what happens when Knuckles dies?
Penders attempts to get the rights to the character so he can revive him in his comic

Boom Knux would guard it seriously for a few seconds until a [insert DUDE EPIC MEME LMAO here] appeared and distracted him.

Did a small silly idea including that qt medic girl jackal oc. But more... literal Medic this time for artist that lurks around: Howdy! Lewd pics of her gonna be later

Also line without coloring here:
>imgur.com/a/SHC2r

>dead to Silver and has no idea he exists
Not according to random handhold games, Olympics and comics. And it's too early to start shitposting, especially that obvious

Huh. Well, it's somewhat accurate, not completely but yeah. I'll give it a 7/10.

>Will Knuckles ever die?

When Penders dies and SEGA takes the rights to him, Knuckles will die and be reborn as a superior being. Also, if Knuckles dies before Penders, beat me to the punch. Basically this. Knuckles is pretty much dead anyways, since Penders is alive.

huggu

cuteu

wrongu

user, it's all in good fun. I don't sperg out about anything but bad art being posted here. You need to stop judging so quickly.

Nice!

I still love how people bothered to even treat this post seriously. And I liked Forces.

Nice to see something in colour from you, it looks great!

You think it's a joke?

It's a YouTube comment, it's automatically a joke.

Tails a shit

>erinaceinae
Daily reminder this is what Penders called Geoffrey's rival.

Also, Pender's new Goeffrey is such an unlikable cunt. Just as a character, nothing about him makes me want to know more about him.

"It was during the mission he discovered a rival for the Princess's affections. Whereas the Princess would be one of a line of conquests where St. John was concerned, the blue spined ERINACEINAE who protested doth a bit too much regarding his affections for the Princess for St. John's taste would prove to be a source of great sport and amusement."

Like, what about that screams off "Likable character". Even if he was portraying a sleazeball, he doesn't even come across as interesting. Sully from Uncharted is a bit of a sleazeball, up to his arms in debt, always out for a quick buck, fucked 10 hookers in the time it took you to reach the boat, but he's a good(ish) friend underneath all of that.
Goeffrey's just a massive thundercunt who we're supposed to root for.

good point

but he's right though

Why aren't there any gay ships?

You haven't looked longer than a half second.

Bardonic is still going strong user.

Who likes Infinite more now that everyone knows he's weak on the inside and lost his family

Just as a continuation, the second Ian started to make Geoffrey the villain, he started to get interesting.
"I wanted to fulfill my own interests but also the kingdom and it's all going wrong. I'll do my best to warn Silver, even though it's useless."
And then he gets fucking brutally taken over by King Naugus.

I actually felt sorry for him, the fact that Penders has just made him his old peado self really does a diservice to the character.

You bastard, you just want to cause more commotion, don't you?

Nigga Sonadow is all over the fucking place.

I like his character, honestly. Someone said he reminds them of Scourge & I honestly feel the same way.

The only good thing about him is the weak meme he brought.

Ok Tamers

Scourge was terrible too.

>you will never be the fastest thing alive and be respected by everybody and the only person who knows how small your penis is happens to be a 12 year old girl who follows you around constantly ever since your one night stand with her
A-at least we have this general...

Meant to add: He talks a big game, but his own arrogance causes his own downfall. I also like the idea of him trying to prove his worth to Eggman constantly, too. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Well, I disagree

And jackals in general too

The more I knew about him the less I liked him. But that's not his fault, weak boye was just very poorly written.

Infinite's biggest problem was that the things they introduced about him wasn't utilized enough. I wanna see more of him & the Jackal Squad & more of him trying to prove himself, honestly.

>no bonus Jackal avatar episode about getting revenge on Shadow

Forces is a meme that's only worth its OC creator and is contender for the worst Sonic game of all time while Mania is the best Sonic game ever made. What a time to live in.

Okay user

I doubt he'll be brought back, but I would like to see Infinite's jackal design used more. It's really neat & I like it more than his Infinite look.

>Silvazefags falseflagging as their Silversperg boogeyman to try and shit up another thread
Not this time.

I mean, I dislike Forces a lot but Boom and 06 are still very much things that are a lot worse.
More fucking ambitious in terms of level design, sure, but still.

>Mania
>best game
I think it's easily in the top three,
and I can't pick between them, but you're gonna invite a lot of shitposting now
But that's exactly what you wanted,
isn't it?

Penders had two stages of his Sonic writing. In the early days he was totally fixated on Sally, and kept writing Sally solo stories or Sally-centric arcs. The fact that he introduced Geoffrey as a character who was also totally focused on Sally both in affection and role (as head of the secret service) is telling.

Unfortunately I'm convinced Penders is some kind of alien who does not know how human emotions work, because he always presents Geoffrey as the most unlikeable character ever. I'm sure he's meant to be charming, flippant and cocky as if he was James Bond, but he just comes off as a huge dick.

What will be everyone's reaction if they appear in IDW comics again?

>Silverspergs falseflagging as Silvazefags falseflagging as Silverspergs falseflagging as Sonazefags falseflagging as Silverspergs to try and shit up another thread
I'm great at my job!

I would actually be really excited.

T-thanks Knuckles.

I liked Mania a lot & I know a lot of the problems with Forces. But it wouldn't even rank in the top 5 for worst Sonic games ever. I can definitely see why people call it mediocre, I can see why people even dislike it, but it's far from the worst ever.

Some will be happy. I kinda hope they come back, honestly.

I wouldn't say Forces is one of the worst, it's just really mediocre. Mania was really good though.

Even the worst of Forces's imprecise controls doesn't hold a candle to the glitchy mess of 06

>jumping during proto-boost sections takes all control away and can get you killed easily if you didn't aim in a specific direction
>the climbing was massively broken, Rouge and Knux getting either stuck on walls unable to get out or glitching through the corners

>Characters are simple, easily identifiable shapes and forms, as well as bright and colorful
>Their personalities are also clear to read and understand, as well as cartoony faces with large eyes make for easily read facial expressions
>The story of Sonic as a whole is simple which helps appeal to autists; it's good vs evil with clear imagery defining which is which, and blunt storytelling makes it even more obvious for autists, who find subtlety to be hard to figure out
>The levels are made of simplistic geometric shapes that they find fun to follow and explore
>Sonic himself is blue, a color kids with autism lean towards, and rolls into a ball, a shape that autistic kids also lean towards (a similar phenomenon has been researched with autistic kids and Thomas the Tank Engine)
>Previously said simplistic designs make it easy for autistic kids to self-insert themselves and immerse in the fantasy of being part of said world
youtube.com/watch?v=j8__q_6QjHQ

Infinite hype

Is Blaze everyone's favorite character? Please say yes, its also a shitty and stressful time for me right now desu

>Infinite returns as an egg boss that broke away from Eggman

yes plz

I want to hate you, but thanks for keeping it off the last two threads.
Out of curiosity, you going to stop shitposting when we've got some Sonic news in?

Blaze a shit

Isn't it a little early to be shitposting?

>Forces isn't in the Top 5 worst sonic games
>Forces isn't in your personal Top 5 worst sonic games
really now

(You)

Thinking about it, Ian would probably do a really good job with Infinite's character. I can just imagine the "asshole who lets his ego gets in the way of succeeding" is something he'll love.

I'm keeping this for next time

What a quality post! Thank you for contributing your totally-not-shitpost to the thread!

Take anything you want spider, just don't lay eggs in my ear.

Yeah, it's not. Sonic 06, RoL, Shadow, Secret Rings & Free Riders. Hell, I'd throw in Black Knight, 4 Episode 1, & plenty of other games I liked less than Forces.

Are you gonna start talking about Sonic now, user?

>Thinking about it, Ian would probably do a really good job with Infinite's character.
Gotta love the wordswordswords defense force shilling for their hack writer 24/7. Are you getting paid by the hour?

you must have a sad life

>defense force
Save the bait for someone else user, I think Ian is incredibly overrated by a lot of people. But I do think he can write certain characters well & he'd probably do a decent job with Infinite's egotistical asshole character.

>But I do think he can write certain characters well & he'd probably do a decent job with Infinite's egotistical asshole character.
Because he can relate.

Sonic Team admits to crappy level design
youtube.com/watch?v=RYBTMs7x41I

Unbelievable. This is basically SEGA acknowledging Forces' level design is linear and automated as fuck.

"We wanted to make sure players could focus on dashing like a maniac and not having to worry about complex game controls."

Fire Iizuka.

>Because he can relate.
You've met him?

True, but that's coming from the person who in his spare time came over to a thread to post the same bait yet again.

Like damn son, I might be a fucking faggot for coming here, but at least I enjoy the games.
What the hell you doing here, go out and get some dick or something, damn.

For just top 5 then sure but I can't really fault someone for having it (Forces) in their personal worst sonic games if they never touched half of those games or are new to the sonic franchise

You've missed the last few threads. You're slipping with your shitposting, user.

>What the hell you doing here
Shitposting. I don't know why, but the quality of bait here has fallen hard. It's been a while since we've seen the OCshitposting, FFshitposting, etc. Just taking a bait & copy/pasting it over & over. Disappointing.