/acg/ - Armored Core General

It only took 18 days to hit 750 edition.

Moldy bread: New Armored Core is officially confirmed. dualshockers.com/armored-core-from-software-continue/

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/eXbPt1yd
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Can you hear the rumble?

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Can you hear the rumble that’s calling?

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>I can feel the thunder that’s breaking in your heart.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

img.fireden.net/vg/image/1429/30/1429302072185.png
img.fireden.net/vg/image/1453/09/1453095911219.jpg
figure.fm/en/post/55630/F 22A Mobius 1.html
puu.sh
youtu.be/mrZRoJxq3rI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first

Have you guys ever made something with only melee weapons? How was it?

Bump.

YESSSSSSSSSS PICTURESSSSSS

I found a picture of the Razgriz model and its final result. I can't find the guy's blog, though.
img.fireden.net/vg/image/1429/30/1429302072185.png
This might be the site I'm looking for, but it's down for maintenance right now.
www.figure.fm/en/post/54613
Also found the Mobius.
img.fireden.net/vg/image/1453/09/1453095911219.jpg
figure.fm/en/post/55630/F 22A Mobius 1.html
Differs between generations.

Any of the generations, I guess? I'm just trying to spark a bit of discussion.

Well, in first gen it's super awkward and I don't think it's very effective because all you get is a Moonlight to try and kill things.
Second gen is also awkward and I still consider it a bad idea, but at least you can go ham on somebody by popping the limiters. Also blade arms.
From 3 all the way to Last Raven, you get parrying blades so you have more options to attack, but parrying blades have a massive delay before their attack and the midair blade homing is the worst in the series, so it's harder to hit them with your laser blade.
Fourth gen blading doesn't need an explanation.
Fifth gen melee is pretty cool and honestly, it's kind of scary. Dual kumos is meta in VD but was still very good in V, dual Moonlights will kill basically anything in both games, and VD brought the axe arms which were totally busted on launch but have been nerfed to lethal joke weapon status.

Thanks mate. I've always preferred being melee-focused but never tried going without any ranged weapons.
What are your thoughts about light, medium, and heavyweights?

Might as well chip in since this is a discussion,

Lightweights are kino, in my opinion they are the best weight class since they have high mobility but also call for high skill and have close weight restrictions.

Middleweights are great shit too, standard jack-of-all-trades and also because I think that's what reverse joints from the 1-3 gen ACs mainly are and reverse joints are the best.

I'm not too big a fan of heavyweights because they're slow, and that's their biggest weakness. I'd say that if you're going heavyweight, use tank treads so you can mount the biggest fucking guns and obliterate anything that isn't fast as fuck.

Is Project Nimbus worth looking into or is it hot garbage?

I have been asking the same thing around, the summary I can give by what people says, is that is OK, I may get it when its cheap.

In regards to melee?
Light is the usual choice because NIPPON FAST.
Mid works too because it gives you more staying power and stability to not get staggered out of attacks.
Heavy melee is fifth gen only and those kicks are scary.

In AC3, what difference does it make if my AC's Head part's computer type is "Rough" or "Detailed"?

You'll get more information for the mission when you have a detailed head unit, radar heads are my favorite heads in AC.

>radar heads are my favorite heads in AC.

LR was the only good looking one.

Bump.

Bump.

I feel we wont survive the night.

we survived that last 17 nights, did we not?

its the curse, we just got a succesful thread, now the follwing 5 threads will die prematurely

Okay, bear with me guys. imagine if you will:

Armored Core: The Turn Based Strategy game (like Valkyria Chronicles). Y/N?

If Y, are you excited about games like Dual Gear?

Yes and yes.
How do you guys feel about Code: Hardcore?

Ehh I would say no, it would just be too similar to Front Mission for me.

I havent play valkyria chornicle, but if its on the line of FF tactics, disgaea and gungnir, I may give it a try, specially if they allow you to use MTs and special weapons, with the AC being like a hero unit that can fill any role with the proper set up.

Dont we have Front Mission for that?

Bump.

Bump

I wonder what will come out first AC6 or Demon's Souls remaster.

Man, where did my day go? I hate having an extra day off of work....
I just spent, like, the last 6 hours just doing nothing but playing AC3 and drinking coffee while listening to music from Kenichiro Nishihara. I even started a new game and saved over my old data. At least 30% of that time was spent reloading my saves and redoing missions to autistically try and get the most profit. Now I'm further past where I used to be with a build I'm much happier with.

I do hope there really will be a new Armored Core but if there will be, then i have a time limit to finish this game, then the other AC3 entries, and eventually Last Raven.

I've had this ps2 for 11 years and it still works. Its aging but a piece of me will die when it stops working.

>How do you guys feel about Code: Hardcore?
I'm looking forward to it. I doubt it'll grip me as hard as FROM games, but it might be fun for a while

Bump.

Valkyria is closer to something like XCOM. It's a strategy game, but it's more 'real-time' and not grid-based.

A mech strategy game closer to FFT or Disgaea would be Front Mission, which is also good if you ignore Evolved.

men of war assualt squad + xcom

Hey guys, what's the clan to join in acvd? I am firing up the game right now, so please let me know who to join! I wanna play in a nice one

The game is well dead at this point, so there's little reason to join one.
That said, I can open a spot on Vagrant Guns this weekend if you want. It's doubtful you'll ever see anyone on without setting something up beforehand, but you can say you were on the Veeky Forums team.
Armored Core Ring of Red.

but what if the person your remove comes back :(

>but you can say you were on the Veeky Forums team
O-okay... that sounds kinda cool in a weird way

>The game is well dead at this point, so there's little reason to join one.
Should I just make one myself? *sobs*

I can probably find a person or two who won't.
But back when the game was active, that sort of thing made me lose sleep. It was a little horrifying when it finally happened.
If you want.

When are we going to get an armored core anime?

Never, and is for the best.

bump

bump

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

bump

What up.

I made one in ac3 and silent line, it was kinda broken due to the ludicrous blade tracking in those two games. Just bunny hop in somethings general direction and blade, The moonlight kills most AC's in 3 hits with the right setup.
While not strictly close range only, a bazooka and fast enough blade in ac2 could perma lock AC's in a one-two punch till they died

Bump.

3 days

>its 2019
>still no new armored core

I hope to see the first key arts and trailers next year, and get the actual game on 2019 or 2020

This surprises you?

What's the purple one?

How mad was the guy?

This thing

Bump.

It's all super dead but if you see someone on, feel free to ask them for help with a vs 2 A.C. mission or a boss mission or whatever. I can also send you a cheese UNAC.

Just beat Formula Front International

I actually hated it, I feel even Last Raven was fairer, mostly because of how the Thermals behaved in it.

In 3 and SL Blading is extremely viable for AC combat, in Last Raven its a Mission weapon mostly, barely useful for AC battles.

He wasn't very happy about it and came to the thread to voice his displeasure. He was a firefighter and that really cut into his active time.
But at the same time, this didn't happen until a little over a week after he'd been given the boot, which didn't really curry him any favor. I felt really terrible about the whole thing, though.
Oh, was it? Crap, I just suck at third gen blading then.

Yes.
puu.sh yAL3K/4be05fac6f.mp4
add a / after puu.sh

I also have one of me blading Exile I have posted here a few months ago.

Bump.

Armored Core is basically ancap with robots. Discuss.

not really

Bump.

Honestly, my favorite intro

youtu.be/mrZRoJxq3rI

Numba 3, baby

Bump.

Bump.

Last bump.

Doubt we’ll make into through the night.

Can't sleep.

Try me.

It's been a few months, how's it been /acg/?

Currently emulating some older games to weather this AC drought. Decided to try The Rogue Squadron series on the gamecube. Great games, but they emulate like a hot fart.

You might want to try Custom Robo for the NGC if you have a chance, pretty underappreciated game

I was about to also recommend customrobo.

If you haven't played it, Strike Suit Zero has loadout customization and upgrades, although no suit customization.

Also, try out Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Marz. It's a really obscure ps2 title that literally no one has heard of.

Good taste

I miss the low-mobility and clunky feel of the first armoured core.
I didn't enjoy the ps3 versions. If it had been the Gundam license it would of been appropriate.

Classic Gundam aren't as mobile as NEXTs though

Way too many variables. NEXT are unquestionably faster than OYW tech on the ground, but MS have the software to maneuver in space. By the time we reach 90s in UC I'd say Gundam tech about matches speed of NEXTs. Moving to AUs, as fancy as NEXTs are they don't hold a candle to GN tech, it's just better than Kojima stuff.

woah whatever you say nerdman

if they move that fast why bother making a mech.
Make a fighter and go even faster.

TRYING TO BE WAY COOL MAN YWAAAAAAAAAH

urgh

What moves fast in what? Actually, it doesn't matter: consigned to an unlimited budget, making a jack of all trades that still is insanely good in all aspects makes sense without significant opposition from other vehicle types.