/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

>mfw 3DS is dead edition

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (Any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html,
reddit.com/r/ps3hacks/comments/7hhdcl/official_rebug_4821_cobra_754_lite_toolbox_20215/
github.com/miltoncandelero/Boop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

super slim

W
H
E
N

Reminder to sissy anime bois that 3.61+ Vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

fuck you thief

Now that I have one of the vita sd card things can I move my stuff over and sell my regular vita memory card?

Ey, 3DS ain't dead, bro. It's got like, a remake of a DS game and a rehash of Persona coming. Maybe even 11.7 with some nice stability.

Where can I find the Fairytale Fights DLC?
It got delisted from the store.

PS3Xploit NOR flash writer isn't working on my system. It meets all requirements and I'm 99% I didn't fuck anyhting up in the process either - even checked the thumb drive for corruption and verified checksum of all involved files.

I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll even format my console. But then again I will be extra pissed if that doesn't do the trick.

bump

It’s dead, Jim.

i got a goodass deal and got a N3dsXL and a 2DS for $20. But i already have a n3dsXL for over 2 years now. Whats some cool shit i can do with 3 cfw 3dses?

Should I update my 3ds to 11.6 from 11.5 before or after I hack it?

i can't get past the 3ds loading screen in some games

>3DS is dead
does this mean no more firmware updates from nintendo meaning 11.6 is the final?

3ds firmware/cfw/where did you get the games from? We cant just guess whats wrong we need details

old 3ds, i followed this guide 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html, i got the game from that billy guy at 3dsiso

try a different thumb drive, I had to try two.

>i got the game from that billy guy at 3dsiso
there's your problem

Yeah, I haven't given up yet. But I already tried 3 different ones. One of them was completely dead though it became apparent. Like corrupt beyond repair for some reason. And none of them are of notable quality I fear.

Someone over at that gba site had similar issues and just couldn't get it to work whatsoever until he formatted his PS3. So I'll have to look into backing it up maybe.

Another there person wrote that it took them many tries but eventually just went through.

Others report bricking but there's always idiots who screw themselves over. Either way it looks to me like all the kinks aren't 100% ironed out yet - which is no surprise given how new it still is.

try to get the game from paul freeshop, if not, at least get a clean/untouched .3ds file from billy and convert it to cia yourself cause billy does shit to alot of his cias

What is the better option
>vita below 3.60
>high seller rep
>zero pictures but says it's good condition
vs
>White vita below 3.60
>more expensive
>from japan so will likely take forever to get here
>plenty of pictures
If a seller has a very high rep I can't get fucked right? even without screenshots? I could just refund if it's trashed/falsely advertised correct?

if its second hand from japan, it is over 3.60. Don't trust these bastards over here, every single console I bought second hand always came with the latest firmware available at the time

The jap one says he's got one under 3.6 and the other 3.60 exactly. The 3.60 post has images showing it on 3.60 at least.

Will
Banner Saga,
Limbo, and
Spelunky
work on a Henkaku Vita?

Spelunky works, dunno about the others

thanks user, it solved my problem, i was skeptical about using freeshop

3.61+ when?

No, seriously, is there even anybody working on trying to get it working? I honestly don't know.

nobody because the vita devs are smug, lazy pieces of shit

How long does it take to install a 1GB CIA on 3ds?

Salt and Sanctuary is the only 3.61+ game worth pirating tbqh

PS Vita homebrew scene is truly awful.
Seriously, do yourself a favor and don't expect anything.

>Banner Saga
>Vita
user...

As for Limbo and Spelunky, yes, they're working fine.

So I'm swapping over sd cards for my unused old 3ds. I copied the luma folder and that's basically it. It boots up sysnand and shows the splash screen fine but launching health & services gives a black screen. What all do I need to copy over? The sd already had a nintendo folder so I guess I don't need to format it for the 3ds again. The last sd had an emunand but I don't care to re-establish one of those as I want to format the last sd anyways.

So hey, I'd really like to replay Final Fantasy Tactics A2, but I don't have my DS anymore.

I have a hacked 3DS, so I guess the question is: Has a working DS emulator come to 3DS yet? I haven't checked for a while but last I heard the answer was a resounding no.

The answer is still no.

Just buy a flash card for $10.

It just means OP felt like being a retard.

Is sd2vita stable? every comment on the wololo guide says it doesn't work for them and one said it basically fucked their sd. A lot of comments on the youtube video say it doesn't work as well. Can you not reliably use an sd as your main storage? Or are people just retarded?

are you reasonably sure you could get a refund if they were lying?

I've heard ebay always takes the seller's side on disputes so I'd hope so. That's the only reason I'm hesitant but all the other vitas are either dinged/scratched up or overpriced as shit. The guy does have 2,000+ rep and 98.7% positive.

Mine was set and forget, haven't had a single issue with mine and it's one of the shitty first versions.

tai didn't give you a corrupt message or anything like that? That seems to be a lot of people's issue. I've read it relates to them not putting the shit into the config properly but I'd hope that many people didn't fail to read simple instruction.
Out of curiosity what size sd do you use? I'm thinking 128gb

Does anyone have the url for the 3ds freeshop?
The qr code isn't working out and that's all I need.

5 hours

No but really over an hour maybe

I did have some problems setting it up. Honestly no idea how I fixed it so I can't help you there if yours doesn't work at first.
I use a 128 which isn't fucking enough

how do i use PSN from 4.81?

So long as it won't brick the vita or sd card I guess I'll just have to hope I get lucky then and get it working. I was hoping to prepare for when I get my vita.
>It's not enough
It's not? How many games can one Hoard on a 128gb?

Where can I find a US Persona 5 RAP file?

I want to buy an HDMI switch to hook up my ps3 and ps4 to one monitor that has only one hdmi switch. is this overkill?

I just remembered the PS3 is region free so I can just install the EUR version since it has a RAP file available, nevermind.

>download zone of the enders 2
>literally cleaving robots apart and blasting their shit away into the ground, grabbing one that tries to attack me and using him as a fucking weapon and then so long gay bowser'ing him into his allies
holy fuck this game is fucking amazing, shame about the voice acting though

why not just manually either move one plug between systems

Can I format a 3DS on b9s?

A mecha erection.

You are looking for TinyFormat

Isn't that thing old as fuck? Can't I just format from settings?

it works fine
some versions of vitashell may have corruption issues with USB transfer, I take the SD cart out and plug it into my PC to transfer anyway

man times have changed.

A good amount but I need more. Especially wish all the PSP and PS1 games I want on the thing.

I used the new exploit to put Rebug on my ps3 and all was going smoothly.
Installed PSNpatch and suddenly it freezes every single time on boot after about 4 seconds.
I've put rebug back on my usb and I'm trying to reinstall through safe mode but it's giving me a Data Corrupted error. Is there any way around this

It's still relevant but it's for a different purpose pretty much. TinyFormat is mainly for unlinking emunand/advancing format count as it skips erasing the Nintendo 3DS sd folder, DSiWare currently on NAND and unlinking NNID online. Usually you wouldn't care about these two things when you're formatting for its main purpose. Unless you might have plans of restoring your NAND in the future.

They really haven't. Find someone who owns a switch as their only current-gen console and they will say that with a straight face.

user had the same problem yesterday
you need to install rebug 4.81, NOT the new lite .82.

he did it through recovery although I don't know the details

you can.
It also automatically detects devices powered on.

Thanks I'll give it a try now. Is there any reason why this happened?
Should I even bother trying with PSNPatch again if I get this working?

>FIXED!
>Thank you for the safe mode tip, user. It was definitely psnpatch plugin with rebug 4812 that casued the freeze. I went back to 482firmware and everything worked fine.
>Thank you again.

from last thread. although now I'm confused about what he did exactly.
been using reactpsn since the 3.55 days, never had a problem

How to install PS3_GAME DLC?

>a remake of a DS game and a rehash of Persona coming
which are?

Oh wait I think he's saying he went back to 4.82 OFW but I was sure that rebug doesn't allow ofw installs via recovery.
Guess I'll just try a bunch of horseshit

Evening lads, it's been a really long time since I've used my Gateway hacked 3DSXL and I was wondering what I should do with it. I've got Gateway ULTRA 3.7.1 on a Version 9.2.0-20U system but have been struggling to get it to boot into Gateway mode through the internet browser, as it claims that the Gateway card isn't inserted. I think it's something to do with faulty connectors, as when I force down on the card (as if I'm popping it out) it boots into Gateway mode just fine. I've got the Gateway game cart inserted, with a microSD inside it which has been loaded with games (and worked fine the last time I used it) alongside the standard SD card that came with the device. I'm mainly looking to get to the point where the system boots into Emunand mode automatically, so I don't need to keep connecting to a webpage and going through a soft reboot everytime I want access to my microSD games, especially as my Gateway card seems on the way out.

Which guide should I follow to achieve this? They all seem to be tailored towards virgin, un-tampered systems. Also if I put my MicroSD into an SD adapter can I replace my itty bitty 4GB SD card with it?

So I have no way of getting a flashcart or doing the hardmod for a 11.4 3ds. Is there any other way to get a custom firmware working in it?

I have another 3ds already on b9s if necessary.

I think he got confused
psnpatch is supposed to work with REBUG 4.81.2
and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with lite 4.82

reactpsn will also only work with REBUG 4.80 btw
so you might want to try psnpatch with 4.81.2

I was on 4.81.2. from the guide though - not the lite version.
I simply installed the plugin, got booted to xmb with a crash and it wouldn't start up properly since.
Trying to install 4.82 OFW again now and do the process again.

Do Glacier vitas with Oled screens actually exist? I see a few advertised on ebay but everything seems to suggest that those are slim models with lcd screens. Is there a way to actually distinguish between the two from images of the screen itself and a couple of corners? Follow up: Is it really that much of a difference between the Oled and lcd?

this should clarify things:
reddit.com/r/ps3hacks/comments/7hhdcl/official_rebug_4821_cobra_754_lite_toolbox_20215/

psnpatch plugin doesn't work on 4.81.2, only the pkg.
4.82 lite fixes the plugin.

so update to 4.82 lite or use the pkg.

Thanks user, you're very helpful. 4.82OFW installed correctly so can confirm that works from safe mode.
Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here

Friendly reminder that BOOP exists
github.com/miltoncandelero/Boop

yes and yes
1000s have oval ps, start and select buttons
they're circular on slims

the difference is noticeable but depends on how much of a panel whore you are.
the piss filter is kinda annoying when you remember it though.

Radiant Historia and SMT Strange Journey, also Persona Q2

So this might be a dumb question but if I were to use PS3Xploit, will I still be able to access PSN and not get banned? This is the main thing that's preventing me from doing this.

Disable auto-login before anything just to be safe.
Also you could turn off internet access but whatever.

Use PSNPatch afterwards

Just switch between the two with one hdmi

What are you cunts talking about? I've been on 4.81.2 rebug REX with the PSNpatch plugin and it works for online back then. Doesn't work now since I can't get it to spoof the CFW version to 4.82 but the PKG/plugin still works as in it will prevent you from accidentally signing in to PSN.

for activating raps and shit
who gives a shit about psn

>I'm not experiencing a bug that is documented and fixed in the newer version
>It must not exist and all these cunts are retards
Please fuck off

Not sure if the right place to ask but fuck it.

I recently wiped my 2DS clean and put on all the latest programs and such (Luma, B9, etc.) and now AC:NL won't launch. It just hangs on the 3DS with red pulses screen. Every other game works fine. I installed AC through a .cia file.

So to confirm, by using PSNPatch I can go on to playing backups without worrying about any bans?

hello /hbg/ do you like idolmaster

Install via Paul's Freeshop

Yes indeed. It's best if you read the reddit wiki about psnpatch before going online, just so you get to speed about what do and don't about it.

Thank you kind sir. Now I can finally join the PS3 CFW family.

would anyone be able to point me to a download for under night in-birth exe:late[st]?
I can find the old version just fine but I can't find [st] anywhere at all

I'm confused on how to activate content on rebug 4.81.2. ReactPSN doesn't work on 4.81 right? Is there a guide on how to activate using PSNpatch? Do I still have to have a dummy "aa" user account and follow the same steps as the ReactPSN guide? Does it matter from which user account I activate RAPs/EDATs from?

>20 canucucks
>when you can just switch the hdmi whenever you play one console or the other since i doubt you'll play bloodborne and neptunia mk2 at the same time
how fucking lazy can a canadian be

>tfw based ATLUS propping up the 3DS because they're too lazy to develop for another platform
I fucking love asset rehashing.

Hey, can you tell me what does 0xD8E0806A mean on FBI?

>not playing idolm@ster 2 with the miku dlc instead and following the bible of a wiki it has so you don't fuck up the route of your favorite aidoru

360Xploit
W
H
E
N

If I'm gonna play a console rhythm game it's gonna be miku, taiko, or djmax.

what's the wiki? I've wanted to play im@s 2 for years so I can produce Miki and dress her up in cute clothes.

>$20
yes that's overkill, a cheaper one will get the job done just as well

there's idolmaster dlc in most taiko games

I bought a cr4xl, installed it, booted into xell, then tried to do the next step with a few write errors and now my 360 doesn't startup ;_;