/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/34739/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap/

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previously, on d2g:

Other urls found in this thread:

dota2.gamepedia.com/Guardian_Greaves
dota2.gamepedia.com/Pipe_of_Insight
reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7hfevq/competitive_ruling_lz_khandongha_khan_kim/
youtube.com/watch?v=hvSn8rLhV24
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reddit fucking killed ability draft (it's now turbo mode, so retards who stack passives win every time)

I WANNA SEXUAL THE PUCK

Does anyone know what do you have to do in order to become a booster? I finally got to 6k and I really don't feel any motivation to keep climbing, I wanna try making some money with dota.

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land?
this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

Don't forget to bully the maiden

REMINDER THAT LONE DRUID WILL BE !BUFFED! NEXT PATCH

god dammit are you serious?
what the FUCK

what's your lewdest sheever uwu

>that sideboob doesn't exist anymore
life is suffering

just a thanks to all Non FuTA posters

Gotta get a grip and not fall for the mmr grind meme I need help
no seriously one game of turbo after a pub game a day keeps the addiction at bay. It's like taking suboxone after morphine to keep from going in withdrawal, I got a backlog to mantain man
/blog

this picture is photoshopped, i can tell from the pixels and having been seen lots of shops n shit

STOP POSTING UNDERAGED ANIME GIRLS

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Please no. I never actually saw reddit suggesting that garbage though.

NO ANIME BELOW THIS LINE

is that a 40% hp?

Ability Draft ruined. I recently got back into a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it exclusively with my brother and now it has this gay turbo gold and xp shit that ruins the game. Why not just have Turbo Ability Draft separate for those who want it?

Valve is just a small indie start-up

shieeeet

how do we stop r*ddit from ruining everything?

Pangolier.

how many matches does it take nowadays for a fresh account to be able to play ranked

why do they add THAT of all the shit that gets upvoted to reddit but no one actually cares about. is it just luck of the draw if a valve employee looks at reddit or not while something is on the front page?

Travel back in time to pre-7.00

the same but I think you can level in turbo now

le everything i dont like is a toxic experience

i honestly don't even know what it was before. i had like 800 matches played when ranked was added so that was that.

just save yourself the time and buy a TBD account on epicnpc for a few bucks

Fucking weird, every top comment in that thread says "no" too.

Reminder that techies is going to get buffed constantly and added to captain's mode only to be reworked again

damn this playerunknown looks like he's made a terrific game

Will be dead in a year

Jesus it's already dropped that far?

will be dead when valve decides to kill it's market like when they killed dota 2 and csgo hats market.

>enemy lich camps my mid lane and denies my ranged creep whenever his E is off cooldown
>still outlevel enemy mid
nani?

No matter how bad it gets, at least we aren't League.

Yeah, we're worse

is Overwatch dead already?

pretty much, ye

At least pros don't get fined for saying that foreing teams has probablems with comunication and are forced to shave their head as apology

That's because dota's pro scene is irrelevant and valve doesn't give a shit about it

fuck off league shill nigger

>build mjolnir and daed on puck
>get dream coil rapid fire
>win game

>blaming a 300 karma thread that probably didn't even reach front page
I know you're mad, but really?

I haven't enjoyed this piece of shit game in like 2 years but this FINE piece of asian ass keeps inviting me to play and she's higher MMR than any of you.

i dont understand how hp regen works.
dota2.gamepedia.com/Guardian_Greaves
>Together with the aura, it grants a total of 16 (27 while boosted) health regeneration and 7.83 (20.83 while boosted) armor to the owner.
but the aura says it gives 3.5 hp regen
dota2.gamepedia.com/Pipe_of_Insight
>Together with the aura, one Pipe of Insight grants a total of 15 health regeneration to the owner.
Again, the aura says it gives 2hp regen, and the non-aura regen is 6.5
Pls help me understand

>waaa people who aren't elitist children like me must be shills

what if there was a way to refresh glyph

how'd you know it didn't huh? A valve employee could've definitely seen it, and this update seems to be the culmination of reddit suggestions (badge visual changes, ability draft changes, rosh christmas hat)

roshan should have his own glyph

You are like a little baby. Watch THIS

you can't be serious

Holy shit, I need a source right now

i havent played in a long time. i only just returned yesterday. please help me

go read the dueling fates update page. regen is heavily affected by your STR nowadays. see how they nerfed Alch's ultimate regen? that's because it does pretty much the same amount when fed through his STR algorithm. never trust the tooltips and especially not the buff indicators. go in demo mode and play around with Dooms Scorched Earth then start equipping Reavers

important question: if i dark rift on an invinsible unit like lycans wolves will the opponent see the black orb effect?

Before

>you get health regen from str
>you get health regen from items

Now

>you get health regen from items
>you amplify that regen with your STR

Mana
before
>you get mana regen from INT
>you amplify it by buying items

After
>you get mana regen from items
>you amplify it with int

reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7hfevq/competitive_ruling_lz_khandongha_khan_kim/

What the fuck does "Dream Coil Rapid Fire" even mean?

Thanks. So that would mean that pipe doesnt always give 15 hp regen, since it varies depending on current strength. fucking lying Valve

you rapid fire during dream coil

the item pipe has health regen (from hood) plus an aura, then it gets amplified by str.

TODAY IN DOTA (December 6th Edition)

>2015

Balance of Power (6.86) was releasedm introducing stuff like Arc Warde, meme talon, arcane rune

it means you are a nigger

take me back to playing LD offlane every game

hello?

Yeah. Then the resulting hp regen would not always equal 15, if the str is very high or very low

i'm not 100% sure user but i used to play a lot of Beastmaster with invis bird bomb a while back and the mechanic was that if you TP onto an invis target they hear and see nothing till invis is broken. i imagine the mechanic is the same

I honestly dont know, check the wiki.
I haven't done that shit ever.

yes they see that shit always

yeah the only way they'd know is if they get true sight + vision over the invis unit before it completes

I was so stoked to see Fata's underlord in memeleage

777 get

Is NewAbilityDraft any good?

>Want to get back into the game
>Game won't connect to steam

It gets reddit mad so I guess it is

>tfw the only thing dotards will be getting in their stockings this christmas is coal
C A R B O N I Z A T I O N

just checked in game, no the opponents won't see the orb effect on invis units.

When can I get a complete "on this day in Dota" calendar?

did no one get the get

>"Here's X in your eye!"
What did every single hero mean by this.

check this 4

Sorry to ask, but I'm a league and hots refugee. I have 2 problems and I'm fishing for advice and encouragement
A) 4 people instalock carries. I keep getting fenced into supping. This has worn me down.
B) Not really sure what to do. As an example, when I play brood, I'm struggling to figure out how much to roam or push. Any advice or guides you fucks have for me?

nth for walking in on your offlaner sucking a giant horse dick

it's impossible to answer this question since there's one million things you could do to improve since you're so bad.
focus on one role and get good at it

t. herald white knight

underrated post

>A) 4 people instalock carries. I keep getting fenced into supping. This has worn me down.
Get used to it, it happens a lot in the lower brackets. Dont focus on getting angry at losing games, but more on learning what every hero can do and getting better at mechanics. Just mute everyone, try to do as much as you can. It's not ranked and winrate is useless.

>B) Not really sure what to do. As an example, when I play brood, I'm struggling to figure out how much to roam or push. Any advice or guides you fucks have for me?
Brood doesnt roam. Brood pushes and kills whoever comes to your lane. Pay attention to the map, and look for possibles defensive tp's, but that's all.
Cant suggest you too much since there are so many variables that it's impossible. The best advice is to just play and play more, get used to the game and know every aspect, like we all did back in dota 1 days.

Makes sense. I'm just reluctant to become a one trick pony. I can't even keep to one role in league, which actively allows you to do that. I've wound up becoming some horrible chimera of top-jungle-mid.

I'll try to focus and improve on one role. Techies.

liquipedia

also today its 3 years since the best allstar match

youtube.com/watch?v=hvSn8rLhV24

Sounds like a plan. It just gets demoralizing getting my shit kicked in, so it's so tempting to slip back over to league.
t. casual as fuck

Why would offlaners do the supports job?

Go forth my child, the salt farm must stay in our family