AVAILABLE FOR PC / PS4 / XBO WORLDWIDE Edition

>Latest News
Console friends can play now! Enjoy!

>Official FAQ
support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us

>Unofficial FAQ
pastebin.com/07c1tSuE (embed)

>Modding Guides
To play mods, go to properties on the game and opt into the modding beta (currently steam only, GOG soon™). A mod option will appear at the bottom of the pause menu if it's working.
If you want to start using the modding tools, download the Hat in Time editor from the "Tools" section of steam library.
Beginner UDK Tutorial! - youtube.com/watch?v=9KsLbUYwF70 (embed)
Importing Assets! - youtube.com/watch?v=me8ARBf6wHU (embed)
Dyes! - youtube.com/watch?v=19FMpNtN0pw (embed)
Hats! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/2-how-to-make-a-new-hat/
Dialogue! - hatintime-mods.net/index.php?thread/15-creating-custom-dialogs/
Language Packs? - youtube.com/watch?v=7MUe1HVmX8E (embed)
Console Commands! - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163274530

>Art Rips (Shouldn't look at these til you beat the game)
Subcon/Vanessa Manor - mediafire.com/file/ajcm6b5ib5fmfns/
Hub - mediafire.com/file/668r6yp9ln7jkwn/
Dead Bird - mediafire.com/file/vet0538dbs5kj5r/

>Other Links
Official Manual - hatintime.com/public/AHatinTime_Manual_Official.pdf
Diary Entries - pastebin.com/mNyPzbrM (embed)
Official OST (MP3): mega.nz/#F!4GQggJjA!-S4M9tawFGHBdjjbVBGOIQ
Ripped OST (Ogg, has more tracks not in the official one): mega.nz/#!Qn5XiZpK!Qxunhpru1y9d5QMRMvydUHqJzv-PNOs7mgearp4Mcl8

>Official Discord
discord.gg/H4Kpkh6

>Previous Hat:
-
>Talk About Modding
>Post Modding
>Hope for more Modding
>Protect Hat Kid

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14505062/r
mobile.twitter.com/Phantomtomato/status/938216944356003840
mobile.twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938217222845157377
mobile.twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938281586658865158
twitter.com/KidHatt/status/938297497604280320
twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938297961129312257
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Merry early Christmas console friends!

Just started downloading. I'm so damn excited!

So far the greatest thing about AHIT is Hat Kid's dead pan face every time she is talking to -any- cast of these insane fucking characters. Talking to that glitchy as fuck badge vendor and she is just giving him this look the entire time as he talks as if he isn't some horrific cthulu tier monster from the underworld

she is too precious for the world

also pc/console friends, what camera settings have you got? Is camera set too far the way to go?

Everyone who answered the strawpoll a few threads back used standard. More recently I've been hearing you should turn camera assist off, but I had no problems with it on.
strawpoll.me/14505062/r
Also, I got a little excited and jacked up the OP a bit. Learn from my mistakes, future OPs.

Welcome to /hat/, console players!

lads, defend this

>Mafia man sitting on edge
>If HK even walks up to him, kicks him off

So HK is basically the devil, right? In actual alien human cute child form while always smiling? we have to stop her

Mafia did nothing wrong. Seagulls -are- stealing the fish.

Mafia spotted, eliminate.

modding is hard

I heard you can't actually do this on the console versions because they're an earlier build. Is that true?

I can't seem to find a way to blow kisses, so I don't think so. also sticking your tongue out seems to happen randomly and automatically. I think blowing a kiss was such a last second addition to pc release we didn't get it.

The sticking your tongue out thing happens automatically on PC as well, but you can do that and blow kisses with up and down on the d pad.

CAPITAL P...
CAPITAL E...
CAPITAL C...
CAPITAL.......

holy fuck Hat Kid's small little voice additions make her the best

YOU'RE FREE!!!!

also the way she says good bye to vendors

Alright, finally time to get to work on my probably-ill-fated attempt to make a mod.

STOP

have you ever modded anything before?

What are you gonna do about it, you snivelly little PECK?!

Hat Kid doesn't take prisoners.

HOLY FUCK I take everything I said about the Mafia being good and doing nothing wrong

that fucking patty cake moment. I briefly saw this mentioned in other threads and always was like what the fuck are they talking about. Mafia deserve to hang on that alone.

what kind of mod are you gonna make?

If it actually works out, I'll try to make a proper boss fight. The game could always use more boss fights.

OH MY GOD

>Chapter 3 Act 4
That was so well done holy shit
What kind of game is this

lads

I unironically can't stop taking pictures, is this normal. This has basically stopped all forward motion of the game, I can't stop

post 'em!

Just started act 3 of the first world, maybe a bit of a quick fire question and silly but oh well

How exactly do the pons/npcs/chests/safes work? Is it unique each act or do they all count as one big world? Do the npcs say different things in each act or..? So far this shit is fantastic.

i have 336 pictures taken with 11 hours played

how could you note take pictures?

unless you bought the game on gog i guess

>play for a few minutes sitting on all the benches I come across
>"If I Fit, I Sit" trophy pops
>burst out laughing
I'm in a really good place with this game right now

>rainy Mafia Town

lads.................I didn't know we was getting comfy............requesting HK comfy reaction images pls

I think some safes are unique to an act and some aren't. Pons always reset. chests and yarn are not unique to chapters. I can't remember about NPCs.

>pretending to be an alien mud monster Mafia chase part music

The music went straight Rayman there and there is nothing anybody can do to stop me from thinking it. This totally isn't because of a withdrawal from Rayman games and I'm trying to feed that itch.

Rayman and Hat Kid are now brother/sister because I say so. This is actual lore.

What the fuck that absolute bro tier Mafia Man bartender?

I take back what I said about Mafia being bad after the patty cake, unironically did nothing wrong fuck the seagulls

console friends, please tell me I'm being retarded and missing a button. When taking a screenshot, is there no way to get rid of the text at the bottom right? All the take picture, change filter etcetc

Don't tell me there isn't or I'll cry a little

Is it showing the text when you go to look at the pictures you've already taken?

Hat Kid is for BULLYING

yo

YO

DELETE MOUSTASH GIRL, NOW

PICKPOCKETING LITTLE PECKING SHIT OH MY GOD

I always knew this image was fucking canon

That's my favorite level.I want to make a mod based on rainy mafia town but at 100% night time and maybe without rain.

>hk has to wear a cape to hide her ass

Yeah, the screenshot mechanic is linked in with the ps4 share screen shot feature. I'm not sure if PC is different if PC people can help, does the text on the bottom right disappear for you when you take the picture or does it just go when you press a certain button?

She goes completely nuclear the second you won't let her use time travel to kill a bunch of people

>cooking cat has served HIS mission

b--but it's a female voice

in the PC version there's no text in the screenshots if you take them with the camera (pic related). The text is there while you take the picture, but when you go to review the picture afterwards it's not included. But if you screencap it with something besides the camera badge ( like print screen or fraps) what you see is what you get.

Are you saying that for the ps4 version the text is included in the saved pictures?

So how's the performance of this game on the PS4 & Xbox One?

Whelp, I spent my whole day off 100%-ing the game on PS4. I was thinking of giving Speedrunning a shot now that I have access to it with a good, consistent framerate, not to break WR, just for fun, repeatedly breaking PBs.

I noticed quite a few weird differences over the course of it:
>Snatcher's beaker attack has no reticles (Mustache Girl does have reticles for her Hourglass throw though, which makes that extra weird)
>No Completionist Kid's Hat
>The infamous Token that falls into the lava 99% of the time in Mustache Castle is still there
>Two Flairs for the Dweller Mask still have their UI icons swapped
>When completing Heating Up Mafia Town, you no longer launch up to Mafia HQ to get the Time Piece amidst a celebratory feast, you just get it in the same place you started
>Most importantly, NO RASPBERRY OR SMOOCH BUTTONS
>etc.

They DID say the Smooch button was a very last-minute addition, I guess that wasn't the only thing they changed after they'd already submitted it for console approval.

In the PC version, to get the screenshot do you have to go into files or there an ingame menu to get them I'm missing? If it is files, then it seems that you can't take pictures on the ps4 without the "TAKE PICTURE, CHANGE FILTERS" etcetc all on the bottom left, which is very, very silly. However, if you want, you can hold down the share button and just take a picture using the ps4 screenshot feature, but that isn't quite good because you can't use the camera and filters and get the perfect shot, and even if you do that in the camera mode, you're still going to get the text in the shot because you can't remove it

this seems like a bit of a mistep unless I'm being silly and haven't worked out how to get rid of the text

weird,I thought the delay for consoles was because they wanted the game fully patched. don't devs have to pay Sony to upload patches after release?

Which is why fixes probably won't happen on Consoles until the next major addition of content.

Pick your Poison: Download 2 whole Gigs after every tiny little change on PC, or wait months and months for shotgun blasts of changes on Consoles.

the PC version treats them like steam screenshots, so you can access them through steam, not in-game. you can also access them by just going to the folder where steam saves them, but it's the same pic.
That is a pretty big oversight for the ps4 version, but hopefully they'll fix it quickly since the console market is so big. PC users who bought it on GOG don't even have the option to take screenshots yet.

I've got a horrible feeling that not many people will speak out or get the devs to hear about the ps4 version and the text on photos, it seems too small a issue and people will not care about, but for somebody like me who loves taking pictures, that really is disappointing. Every picture has that text on the side and completely ruins it, wanted to share some with the thread as well.. hmph..

Gears for Breakfast would be retarded to fuck over people who are essentially marketing the game for free by gimping the camera like that. I hope they'll bite the bullet and pay the fine. PS4 isn't like GOG where it only makes up 0.01% of the player base (although that doesn't excuse them for screwing GOG users).

As a consolebro that is really unfair on GoG users. Not sure why the camera is proving a problem. Suppose it obviously has issues and isn't as easy as JUST FIX IT etc, hope it gets fixed though. I've taken so many photos already thinking they would disappear and they're ruined by the text on the side, it might as well not be a feature like that, in my opinion.

you should try tweeting at the devs. they made a patch that only contained a fix for a single camera issue after a guy tweeted then about it

Small update on ps4 camera if anybody cares. I have pressed every button, tried every menu, there is -no- way to remove the text on the side. That seems like a giant, giant misstep by the devs. I'll have to make a twitter and see if I can ask them about it, don't want to come across as an asshole and be all FIX IT NOW!!! Just seems like the devs who ported it missed a beat there.

I just put a bunch of hours into the game and I feel nauseous.
Like actually nauseous I love the shit out of it but I had to stop because I felt sick

It's because Hat Kid is too sweet

I'll leave, don't worry. I'm leaving.

They're aware of the issue at least
mobile.twitter.com/Phantomtomato/status/938216944356003840
mobile.twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938217222845157377

also ask about the completion hat I don't even know what that is but it sounds key to my interests and I want it

ah brilliant, thank you for posting that user

mobile.twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938281586658865158

What the fuck? Aussies not allowed HK? Is she too pure?

It is a plaid hat you get for collecting every time piece.

That sucks. Definitely get on Twitter. The more people that mention the issue, the more likely they are to fix it quickly.
FWIW, if you have some good shots you should post them anyway. I'd rather see OC with option text than no OC at all.

Aussies get cucked HARD on Vidya, it's way more expensive there too.

>no Hat Kid in Australia
adding that to my list of reasons why Straya is still a prison colony

Those Nooses are so fucked up.

The things they say, (to a small child no less) are bad, but the flirtatious tone, in that deep voice, makes it 100x worse.

Do we know who voiced the Nooses? Because damn, they did a good job.

holy fuck /hat/ you wasn't fucking around when you said this game was magical

Cooking Cat gave me some SERIOUS Spyro vibes

twitter.com/KidHatt/status/938297497604280320

Uhh, I think I did this right, never used Twitter before. If any of you hatlings could help me get this seen by the devs, that would be great

twitter.com/HatInTime/status/938297961129312257

Ah, there we go console friends. This patch isn't coming till next year, is it?

Patches in general aren't as big a deal as patches that come with DLC, those are the ones that take years to come. What some devs (Red Hook in particular) are doing now involves patching DLC content into the game shortly after it's ready and then just letting it sit there inaccessible until after certification and the eventual release date. If this were a game with a billion hotfixes coming in all the time then it would take decades for a regular patch to come.

What the fuck did you just say to me /hat/?

You're not impressed by the text on the side of my screenshots wELL I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

I do give a fuck and it triggers me to no end.

/hatty/ ok with me spamming the thread with pictures?

I probably got 10+ hours from taking pictures alone.

Spam away user, it's fun to see regardless.

>the noises she makes when jumping
>boop
>presto
>yikes
>bleh
>whee
>some others I can't remember
lots of credit to hat kid's VA for making her so cute

remember to bully the mafia!

>there's a trophy for pushing them all off of ledges

Anybody else feel completely betrayed when that first happened to them?

Hat Kid bullies everything.

The Roomba, it must be bullied at all costs /hat/

zero fucks given Hat Kid, straight up gangsta shit.

Straight outta Mafia Town crazy mother fucker named Hat Kid

/hat/

When Hat Kid jumps into the level for the first time and does the little spin and wave to the player, is she meant to say something? Isn't she meant to say Booyah? haven't heard her made a peep yet on ps4

In the trailer she says booyah, but in the game she does so silently for some reason.

Does this look like the face of innocence to you?

I'm going to protect Hat Kid

Why isn't the song from "she came from outer space" included in the soundtrack? The one that's playing when you chase the mafia.

every single day

every single fucking day this kid just looks at me like this

she won't fuck off

Hmmm.. Key item huh? What exactly is that? Cheating the Race act.

The last hat in the game.
You can also use exploits.

>exploits
Can you really call it that when you have to time it perfectly?

You can beat it without any hats if you git gud

What part of New York is Hat Kid from?
Man-hat-ten!

you did good!

I liek these

w-what is she gonna do with the train?

What's with all these differences? Did they somehow accidentally release an earlier build of the game for consoles?

the world will look up and shout "save us" and i'll whisper "no"

ruined my tweet and didn't put whisper, or alternatively, I'll whisper "no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>Not even out of the first room and I'm already having fun
Either I'm easily entertained or this is going to be a good game