/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+, can preload on 12/8
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Huntresses

Cheapest place to get PS Plus for the beta and beyond?
Why the fuck does the playstation official site list a year as 80$, but their official store lists it as 70$? Amazon is showing 1 year cards as 49.99 but people are selling for twice as high. The fuck is going on?

Discord

MH is bad game bad series

>projecting leach

I own a business, wageslave-kun.

All models kind of had problems at launch, look into the features of each one can do and decide from there. Worst-case scenario you can replace the hard drive with something better

pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

I dont have to tell my self I have to be proud of my job, because i am. I have worked hard to get here and will continue working hard to further my career because why do anything if you are not trying to better yourself?
A food stand is not a legitimate Business

This is your waifu now.

Doesn't really look feminine to me.

>enter room
>"salut/ hi/ hola"
what do?

turn 360 degrees and walk out

Flip the wifi switch on 3ds

>3 days

you have literally FIVE (5) MINUTES to explain why you're not a degenerate monsterfucker

huntresses

Is Monster Hunter a fast-paced series?
Just came off of playing Freedom Wars and God Eater 2 and wanted something that challenged me more

not fast paced, but 4000% more challenging than any of that trash

cute!

Feels so good to come back to 3u now that cemu has progressed so nicely.

Having played the entirety of it on 3ds it's also kind of a new experience now that I've got a proper controller in my hands.
I'm surprised at how well it runs considering that it wouldn't even boot a couple of months back, but then again the game isn't exactly a looker.
Still pretty impressive.

Looking forward to that eventual online play. Emulated 3u online will be pretty fun.

You seem to like to project, wageslave. Are you that butthurt that your someone's bitch that they can boss around while other people still live out their lives as they want?

I'll enjoy handling my apartments while you continue to be someones bitch

I hate Gravios so much. Why does it and the sub exist.

Gravios is a nigger. It shouldn't be in any more games and should be patched out of games that it already exists in.

It's literally a walking AOE monster.

Stop LARPing you pathetic NEET.

>I'LL PROJECT WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE I WANT TO BE SUPERIOR JUST FOR ONCE AFTER BEING CONSUMED BY CAPITALISM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Implying devs are going to bother doing it when 3u was just an accidental fix after playing around with the usual game they only care for which is breath of the shit

isnt that what you are doing?

>Implying they're the only ones who can do anything about it
The most popular plugin so certain shit doesn't crash wasn't even made by them.

>this is not what i want
If i didnt want to work i would be on the dole like all the other pathetic people who dont want to get a job.
enjoy doing nothing untill you have to get a dead end job because you have done nothing your whole life and your only option is to either kill yourself or live with the bad choices you made.

Now fuck off

2 more days to Pre-Load lads!!

and 3 for the beta!!!

Triple cart during the quest, then proceed to exit lobby before they kick you.

Please don't flash me

*Flashes you*

maybe if you din't spend 3/4th of the battle in the i wouldn't.

Firewyvern Fluid obtained

*in the air

What weapon does /mhg/ plans on trying first?

personally i will try GL to see how it plays now that it got a bunch of new moves. I do plan on using all weapons.

Why did they give CB nothing but buffs when it was already one of the best weapons?
Is Capcom retarded?

i got nerfed pretty bad in Gen/XX, it is back to 4U move set but with lower MV. it will still be top tier.

SnS and DB then everything else except SA

im just going to go down the list one by one. so whatever weapon is first in the box, probably greatsword. if i'm really antsy in 3 days, gunlance first.

Lance, HH and really exited to try GL

>but with lower MV
I wish. They didn't touch its MVs at all.

CB in the end game was pretty balanced.

IG was something else.

Eeh, CB was dragged down by some mediocre matchups but it often wasn't far behind IG at all.

>CB in the end game was pretty balanced.
CB in 4U also didn't have powerslides, spammable ultras or phials in sword mode.

seriously, what were they thinking giving fade slashes to charge blade? it now is basically every weapon all at once.

Broken stuff is fun.
Why don't you just use CB yourself?

i do. but sometimes i really question why it's allowed to exist

A better question is what were they thinking giving omnidirectional roll to every weapon?
The purpose of the fade slash on CB or LS is kinda lost when you can as easily just pull the left stick back and roll.

combos. meter building. damage.

im biased since omnidirectional rolls is my #1 favorite new thing about MH, but with how monsters behave now it might have been a necessity

With CB you don't roll away from something you can just GP. If you have to use fade slash/roll back that means you're doing so specifically to avoid taking damage, so that doesn't help you to charge your phials or anything. It's gonna be downtime for you by definition.

Because balance doesn't matter in single player games.
Broken stuff is fun.

>CB
>broken
>when 3U Brach DB, 4U IG and GS and XX Brave HBG exist
Please, learn some English and use a proper term next time, like "mildly powerful".

Then why don't they just make every weapon that strong

Because for something to feel strong, something else has to feel weak.

the people who usually bitch is because their favorite weapon falls behind, usually GSfags.

I don't even have a favorite weapon, I just want as many weapons to be good as possible, and for no weapon to be some god mode bullshit.

If you don't have a favorite weapon, why don't you just use whatever happens to be good? The tiers change with each new MH so you'll have plenty of variety.

Which MH game has the best aesthetics?

Bad balance apologists don't know shit about game design, who could have guessed?

What makes weapons feel strong is making monsters stagger when they get hit (and not taking damage and sticking on the monster's ass, which depending on weapon is more up to player skill), not comparing them to other weapons. Most players are stupid mainfags and think their weapon feels strong, even GL mains. The issue is that, while being a mainfag is a sin like being gay or having down syndrome, and you will burn in hell for it, that means most players are subject to a fixed difficulty level based on a choice that they make that is not based on their desired difficulty level. If some JRPG-loving homosexual picks GS as their main in 4U, and they happen to be in the small portion of GS mains that overlaps with people with IQs over 70 and are thus able to learn and memorise the concept of using draw charge attacks instead of combos and canceling charges before level 3 if they have to, they are going to experience the game on extreme easymode where monsters die very fast and nothing in the game is challenging at all apart from the 3 or 4 monsters in the whole game that are bad matchups for GS. If someone finds themselves drawn to HH because of its aesthetics/the concept of the weapon, meanwhile, solo content is going to be an extreme uphill battle for them. Always. Because it's their main.

Of course if you're the small portion of the MH fanbase that has a brain that is at least half-functioning you use most or all of the weapons, so using the top two weapons or GS (usually also one of the top two weapons, but easy even when it isn't) is like setting the game to easy, using the bottom two non-HH weapons, solo HH or GL (usually also one of the bottom two weapons, but vice versa of GS) is like setting it to hard and everything else is a matter of flavour/matchups.

So what's wrong with any of that?

In what regard? Like, graphical quality, artstyle, armour/monster designs, animations or what?

>a sin like being gay

This is the type of retard that made me not play with /mhg/ during 4U. See how he's SEETHING over the dumbest fucking shit imaginable.

Hi doj, i missed ya. how have you been?
why havent you killed yourself yet?

To be fair, it's the least of the three sins I mentioned. The punishment is getting raped by cute girls.

Not an argument.

4U was the peak of /mhg/ though. These retards didn't crawl out until Gen praising it for having much better balance.
Back in 4U people just hunted together and didn't give a shit.

I agree that if someone only plays greatsword in 4U it shows a lack of wanting to actually become better at the game and wanting an easy way out. I think the only time this is a problem to me is when said player starts to dictate to others that they need to play just like him or he's going to defame, blacklist and shit talk.

Monster Hunter is not a competitive game.
You are not in a rush.
You are not in a speedrun.
Most speedruns are based on RNG / lucky animation combos.

>Back in 4U people just hunted together and didn't give a shit.
Serious rose-tinted glasses. The people who bitch about balance in the thread and the people who play the game are the same people, but don't bitch about balance or act like shitposters in-game, but there were daily heated arguments about "x weapon is shit" and "y weapon needs to be buffed/nerfed" here all throughout 4U's lifespan.

exactly and this is coming from a HH user, i really don't fucking care what weapon chose to play/use. i always have my top tier weapon as a back up just in case.

Missing the point. I'm saying someone may like the aesthetics of greatsword and choose to main it but not WANT the game to be extremely easy, especially when a lot of people try MH in the first place because of the (almost meaningless) "harder than Dark Souls" label that gets thrown around so much.

>Back in 4U people just hunted together and didn't give a shit.
Holy shit this is so wrong I can't even believe it. /mhg/ would throw autism fits if someone mentioned they play gunlance or dual blades. They would whip out charts showing average speedrun times, pointing out furiously how much better greatsword is and that if you play anything other than greatsword / insect glaive / charge blade you are a liability to your party. I joined many rooms posted and got instantly kicked for having a gunlance on. People didn't meme or joke about "blacklisting", it was real. These assholes ruined the threads with that attitude. 4U players were the most cancerous posters this general ever had.

I only played CB, GS and IG in 4U. But for different reasons.
I "mained" the SA in the 3rd gen, because I liked the idea of a transformer weapon, but it didn't really feel right, since as you no doubt know the two SA modes have virtually no synergy with each other. So when they added CB in the 4th gen it immediately clicked with me. Plus I'm a fan of all sorts of parrying and "just" guard mechanics in vidya, and I prefer reactive gameplay as opposed to memorizing the patterns and predicting what the enemy will do.

IG together with CB was the new toy in the 4th gen, so everyone played it simply for the virtue of being new.

And GS is the poster weapon of the series, so at some point I felt obliged to learn using it. Which was my first time using the weapon since quickly abandoning it due to being "slow" shortly after I picked up the series for the first time.

>are the same people, but don't bitch about balance or act like shitposters in-game
Duly noted and that's the reason why the general was so much better back then. More people were busy hunting and less just sitting in here shitposting.

>/mhg/ would throw autism fits if someone mentioned they play gunlance or dual blades. They would whip out charts showing average speedrun times, pointing out furiously how much better greatsword is and that if you play anything other than greatsword / insect glaive / charge blade you are a liability to your party.
True.
>I joined many rooms posted and got instantly kicked for having a gunlance on. People didn't meme or joke about "blacklisting", it was real. These assholes ruined the threads with that attitude.
Untrue.

>I didn't kick, so that means no one did.
True

>I represent everyone.
Untrue.

I remember pointing out to those fags what casual retards they were for only using/demanding others only use the top three weapons. The mentality I had previously been exposed to with regards to a similar ARPG was /dsg/ mocking anyone that used thrusting swords in pve because they trivialise those games, or katanas in pvp since they're just r1 spam.

It's also ironic that there was a time during 4U's lifespan when people DID think DB was weak. #5 in 140s with mostly bad matchups, would probably be #3 or 4 outside of 140s if we had enough data to tell.

The people that did it in-game were discordfags though. It wasn't a persistent problem for me because I blacklisted the two that caused problems from that group after playing with them a few times and seeing both how they treated other players and how consistently badly they played themselves.

>he fell for the meme.

those people actually never played the game, i never once got any shit whenever i carted or messed up. I bet you actually believe that people were also shagaru magala.

I'm a GS fag through and through. I would still use it if it was the weakest dps. You know whay will happen then? We'll be called GS fags by you idiots because its now a shit weapon and its not performing up to your standards, even though you don't use the fucking thing. Even if they balanced it perfectly you cunts would find something else to whinge about.

Dude, I'm one of those people and I played with /mhg/ all the time and STILL play the game, albeit solo or with randoms, to this day. I played with /mhg/ specifically because there were only ever two people from here that I met who were bad enough to blacklist, who probably because of that were only ever in halls with the same couple of others from the discord, my blocked user list of randoms is a mile long though. Discussing the balance and mechanics of the game and bitching about things french randoms do does not automatically correlate to autistic screeching any time someone equips a gunlance. Like shit, I'm and if you read the post it will quickly become apparent that I use every weapon, which necessarily includes the weak-as-shit ones, but also that I'm very concerned with the game's terrible balance from a game design perspective.

>even though you don't use the fucking thing.
i'm a Grandpa who has used every fucking weapon...

Nothing is worst that GS enlists that think their hot shit because they use the ""best"" weapon on the game and think they have triple digits IQ.

>"I will kick anyone who uses gunlance in my rooms. You do not belong in our groups. You are a liability to the party. Join any of the rooms and you're instantly in the blacklist. You have been warned. No one wants you shelling people and doing no fucking damage. The only acceptable weapons are charge blade, insect glaive and greatsword. Kill yourself if you play anything else. Do not join 140 hunting rooms without at least having one hame HBG and armor set available. Last warning."