>coworker is fresh out of college
>120k in debt
>wants to go back and get her masters

Why are normies so dumb?

>have 120k debt
>work for few years
>pay debt
????

We've been brainwashed with this mindset. It's really fucked up, honestly. My whole life I've been indoctrinated to believe that education is the most important thing you can have, and that the ONLY way to success is through a fucking school or through a teacher or professor. YEAH, THIS WAS TRUE IN THE DARK AGES, OF COURSE WHEN EUROPE WAS LITERALLY STARVING AND IT TOOK YOU A WEEK TO REACH ANOTHER CITY, but not in 2017! I literally believed this until maybe I was 22. And yeah, the stories of Bill Gates have always floated around, but we all thought that was a 1 in a million shot, which is bullshit.

Trump is bringing back vocational schools, despite the opposition from the Left. We're finally going to bring them back and teach kids who don't get 4.0 GPAs other professions and careers. I'm sorry but you don't need to go to a fucking University for 4 years to become an electrician, or as a matter of fact, many other jobs that are readily available out there. This is why so many boomers were able to find jobs right after high school, because their high schools actually had technical and industry-specific classes that served the local economy. Today that's not the case because of communists who love seeing people suffer and be poor "for the environment" and their own sick twisted pleasure.

>t. lives in moms basement

you are never going to pay 120k student debt

What kind of a fucking degree could be worth 120k?

I study in the Netherlands, my bachelor degree cost me about 6 fucking thousand euros (4 years).

Doing a masters after summer which will guarantee me a job (Master will run me a fucking 1,8k)

Younglings have fun rotting in debt in the jewnited states

most any school in the US will run you at least 20k a year.

Industrial engineer, bachelors. She took 4.5 years

top fucking kek mate, at least 20k / year. It can make sense if it pays off.. but aren't there loads of normies who study arts or poetry and pay a big goy buck?

What are her employment prospects? Worth that +120k shot?

She makes basically the same I do, like 50-55k

>woman
>engineer

god help whoever dares to allow her to do anything besides paper pushing and cursory "inspection"

t. work with engineers all day and none of them are women or cucks

Industrial engineering is a meme; it's literally nothing but spreadsheets and AutoCAD. It's basically a business degree with 101 engineer minor.

I have a history degree and work as an IE if that tells you anything.

my job title is engineer and i literally never went to college if that tells you anything

>her

how the fuck lol

>avoiding Uni and going for the trades
beating the system 101.

industrial engineering isn't an actual engineering degree. meme degree

i'm still shocked she paid 120k for it

>paying off 120k debt by working for a few years.
a majority of people out here aren't even able to pay off loans half that amount.

you can pay off 60k in loans provided you're single and willing to live like a pauper for a couple of years while you chip away at the debt load

You're god damn right

The actual cost of your education is much higher. The government just supplies almost all of the costs.

Do you work at a hotel?

If you truly loved the Arts, you'd become a life long learner and patron.

And not just spending four years for the "college experience" and mad pussy.

no i wish i did kinda. hotels look like they are pretty fun. i work in an office enviroment

This. When I was growing up, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, was pushed harder than a college education. You absolutely NEEDED to go to college and, if you didn't plan to, you were some kind of freak who absolutely didn't want to succeed in life and was doomed to a life of flipping burgers.

We are now seeing the result of all of that propaganda. We now have PhD. holders flipping burgers, looking forward to never paying off their debt.

High school counselors should be lined up against the wall and executed.

>university is le liberal indoctrination meme

Go for a marketable degree, in state to avoid minimal debt, and network and you'll do fine. All the liberal arts meme majors going out of state to expensive private schools give it a bad name but even they could find some work if they tried.

I'd rather not run wire all day in the heat. Or literally deal with shit as a plumber. Trade is a viable living no doubt and I respect the professions but I'd rather keep making near six figures in the A/C and bang Stacy down the hall.

Also fuck you whats this nonsense about Trump bringing back vocational schools? There were always here and trades are in demand. They never went anywhere you moron. Go take your talking points back to your echo chamber.

>Go for a marketable degree, in state to avoid minimal debt, and network and you'll do fine.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I know like 4 engineering grads who barely scrape $30k a year and are in massive debt just by going to a 4 year university, yes in state. I only know like 1 person who ended up paying off his debt AFTER 4 YEARS and this faggot literally lived on a couch and ate noodles during that time.

This is literally a gigantic lie. I'd even go out and say it's the same with doctors who are also getting fucked over unless they make over a quarter million a year, which a lot of them don't.

>but I'd rather keep making near six figures in the A/C and bang Stacy down the hall.

Well that's you. Literally half the population that completes college won't succeed or make enough money to satisfy their needs.

> There were always here and trades are in demand. They never went anywhere you moron.

Look, I know you're like 19, but you have no fucking clue with what you are talking about. They're basically all gone and out of the standard high school curriculum. Walk into any high school and they don't teach you anything relevant to nearby industries or professions. Why? Because anything new with potential has to go through the schoolboard, has to go through the unions, neither of them want any change, they just want their fat checks to go through and do the least amount of work possible. Even community colleges are falling off the deep end and teaching old, outdated garbage in career paths that are already over-fulfilled by the older generations.

Our best bet is to bust the teachers unions, now and forever. Outlaw them. They should have just as many rights as any other employee at a company. They only serve themselves and that's it. They are literally a mafia that controls the debate at every school board, at every town hall. Don't believe me? Go to one. 90% of the participants are union fucks. Teachers and janitors unions. Why don't parents unionize? Oh right, because they have no bargaining power at all. Even if they win a schoolboard seat, the teachers unions can still sue, or go on strike and act like children if something goes against them. What can parents do? Go on strike by pulling their kids out of school and putting them in a non unionized school? Nah, that's illegal and the police will arrest you for that in this fascist state. The playing field needs to be balanced, parents should have more say, more authority than the fucking mafia teachers union.

A useful degree can help you leaps and bounds, but too many kids are told that literally any degree (gender studies) will guarantee them a good job.