Any Rust man in?

nuh uh only Rust women ;3c

rust is objectively the best language for gamedev

Next jam when.

Also, how comfy is too comfy

>thinking of this as more than a hobby
Hahahahaha

Amateur Game Delusions General :)

You are literally insane, sourcecoon. Literally. Insane.

haven't done an orchestral mockup in a while, set up my laptop in my room as a second studio and wanted to test it out
soundcloud.com/ryunocore/yosemite-meadows

It is a hobby! But I have plans in case I make it big. Which it won't. But just in case.

How do I just like make game?

How do you add HTTPS exceptions in Firefox? The dialog under about:preferences doesn't work and I can't find anything for it in about:config.

why isn't making games fun anymore?

Wrong thread?

Hahahaha

For me it's because of depression.

yeah me too

So, maybe I'm doing something completely wrong here. Brand new to C# and Unity. I've got a [System.Serializable] class called CombatantProperties. It has public variables like name, currentHP, maxHP, speed, intelligence, etc.

I have a second script called CombatantStateMachine which is attached to my player and AI units within Unity. It has a line "public CombatantProperties combatantProperties;". Because of that line, in Unity, I can set name, speed, intelligence, HP, and whatever else using the Inspector.

Everything works well so far, as far as I can tell.

Next, I've got an empty object, BattleControlMachine, with an attached script of the same name. This will eventually handle everything that I want to do in battle. Inside the BCM, I've got a public List combatants that gets populated in the Start() method using AddRange and FindGameObjectsWithTag("Combatant"). Which I have set the tag properly on my combatants within Unity.

The problem is that I am not sure how to access the CombatantProperties from the BattleControlMachine. I thought I could run through the populated combatants list with Linq or a simple for loop, but nothing I try can actually get me the speed. No combatants[i].anything has worked out so far.

Any tips or pointers in the right direction? Or is this whole CombatantProperties in a separate script file the wrong direction?

pic unrelated; it's a guy eating a banana

Where is your game? Don't post here if you don't have a game.

When´s next demo day?

???

Any good musicians in the thread who want to work for a project?

Thanks for the (You)! Don't forget to visit my patreon, only $3000 more/month and I can quit my job and dev full time :^)

>let
>let
>let

lel

Lol you proxy slut samefag. Kill yourself sourcecoon. No one cares. :)

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-18

goddammit why is devving so hard when you're depressed lads

I possibly have some time opening up soon, which engine?

SFML only runs on linux, windows and osx

SDL2 runs on pretty much everything you can come up with, including consoles and handhelds

Valve and many other AAA devs use SDL2 (Valve helped developing it too)

Better than auto or god forbid the actual type name. And it's good to separate declarations from assignments.

Thanks.

fuck off scriddo

stuttering in text form makes me cringe.

>SDL2 runs on pretty much everything you can come up with, including consoles and handhelds
This is not true. It runs on mobile and RPi in addition to desktop OSes but SDL hasn't had proper console or handheld support since 1.x.

turn based RPG with many monster girl party members but no lewds (only ecchi stuff at best)
yes/no?

don't steal my game pls

implement suicide

>depressiondevs
Where have I heard this whining before? Kill your damn self reek.

w-why

xcom but with monstergirls

Can you draw monstergirls?

or just steal art from MGE?

>no lewds
dropped

I'm pretty sure a lot of SDL2 games have been ported to console, for example VVVVVV

that already exists it's called XCOM 2

Well they're not actually using SDL to do so.

No it would be a straight RPG, no strategy

I think so at least a little bit. I would obviously need to get better if I get serious about it though
These are pretty old

youtube.com/watch?v=KRevPmEROKc

So this is the power of south america, wow.

you can't draw for shit

you have no talent. quit while youre behind, kid

ok

south america gave us godot, no bully

Looks pretty good, probably. Would buy for 2$ on steam because of cute monster girls, but probably wouldn't ever actually play it because RPGs are too time consuming these days.

nice projecting

centauri lolis are my new fetish

Garbage furry pedo. Get out.

Take half a spoonful of turmeric every morning and make some tea with it. You'll cringe at how lazy you were.

Talent ain't worth shit compared to hard work

mecha girls > monster girls

what about loli cow girls?

we can still be friends

What should I be using for a GUI in Monogame? Is it best to write it myself or is there a good library?

Where is your game?

google half life 2

google slipstream

Progress. What do you'll think?

Wow, it looks just like Half-Life 2!

jesus christ delete this

>even considering writing a GUI on your own
madman

looks like a mess of level design m8

learn about composition

what style would the ingame graphics be

Doesn't look like a game to me

I don't know what else to do. It does seem like a ton of extra work though.

Looks fucking awful dude. What's up with that railing? You missed some textures, retard. :^)

Probably low poly 3D, as that's all I can do.

why is there a house under what appears to be a bridge

why is there a walkway, either? this is retarded.

that texture resolution is atrocious

There exists a human(s) who eats, lives and breathes, has the same 24 hours a day everyone else does, the same "amount" of experience and sensory information coming in as the rest of us, and all he does every day is post pictures from the source engine and then reply to those pictures shitting on them. Every single day. That is his existence. Can you imagine?
What a world.

>level design
Is that even game dev?

when you put it that way, I guess not.

I've never done it myself, but you should be able to "embed" a library like ImGui.

plz link me Godot games that aren't mobile trash
I need to know that I'm not wasting my time with this engine.

What is this absolute garbage?

>tfw covertly shilling your own game on other boards

Was this you?

Why does garbage like this exist?

Fucking lol. Did they finally permaban all the other variations of your source images? At least that one is a new one. How are you doing today anyway man? Have you put your grandma in the freezer yet or is she still decomposing in your bedroom?

Writing a simple GUI is really easy if you don't need complex automatic layout or anything like that.

way too busy, wtf is even going on in this image

>covertly
It's really obvious though

make sure you are making a game you like.

worst shit ever posted in this thread

Didn't you kill a guy once or something?

Well, I've discovered that Unity's 2D sprites don't play very well with VR. I mean, if you just glue the scene to your face so that it ignores position and rotation from the headset it works fine, but otherwise the second your start moving your head around there seems to be some kind of depth fighting between the sprites and things get unpredictable. Kills the layered 3D effect I was going for.

The problem doesn't seem to occur if you just use textured quads, which is weird, since I figured Unity's sprites were just a thin wrapper over a textured quad.

I don't even know what I like anymore, user. I just don't know

please dont post here ever again

There is nothing wrong with Unity 2d nor is there anything wrong with Unity VR. This is a falseflag and is probably sourcecoon trolling again.

Just slap that shit on a canvas. I don't have specifics right now, but if you're still here in 2ish hours I'll dig around an old project where I never had that issue.

Also what engine version and headset? Mine worked fine with vive

Unity 2D works fine and the mixed reality toolkit for Unity works fine, but combined they don't play nice.

I'm trying to make game in godot but I don't understand how people learned to use it?
I'm looking at the page on the official docs on a splash screen menu but it only explains how it'd be set up with the nodes and stuff
I can't implement it
How am I supposed to know that? How did other people figure it out? Was I touched in the head? Can someone hold my hand or tell me of the secret guide that people learn to be competent from?

So program your sprite depth to accomodate position and rotation. Z clashing has been a thing forever. I haven't jumped into vr dev yet, so I'm mostly talking out of my ass, but like everything in gamedev, theres usually a workaround if you put your mind to it.

Thinking about starting work no a tower defense game. Help me come up with some gimmicks to make it interesting.

* Roguelite, levels are short (5 waves), you pick up items that you can use in subsequent levels.
* Lots of RPG elements, everything is upgradeable
* No in-game upgrades, you set up your towers and they will "farm" the current level forever. Basically an idle game.
* Online aspect to it, where others can upload levels for you to clear. Some sort of reward for doing so. Basically an MMO.
* Incredibly huge levels, maybe the entire game is one big level and more of it unlocks as you clear one section.

If you like tower defense games please help me brainstorm, otherwise tell me to kill myself so that maybe I can finally gather up the courage to actually do it.

Just a tip user: Sourcefam is the only person who ever calls himself sourcenigger, sourcetranny, or any variants thereof (like sourcecoon). You should disregard posts like that immediately.