/twg/ - Total War General

OP HAS WRONGED US Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THEY HAVE WRONGED US!!!! SLAY THE OATH BREAKERS

I honestly did not know you could get dawi rebels.

Ogor Thunderbreaker Hungries reporting in for Age of Sigmar!

Reading the Skaven ebook on TW access. It mentions Thanquol as being the grey seer manipulating clan Skurvy and plotting to seize Skavenblight. Does that mean we can expect him as the 4th Skaven LL at the head of Skurvy?

They probably shave

and love elves

WILL PONTUS MAKE IT INTO ROME 3?????

DOOMWHEEELS :DDDD

>tfw to intelligent too argue with retards

There wont be a Rome 3 user

its fantasy here on out when vikings game crashes and burns

But Mortal Empires already crashed and burned

>mfw destroying a christian clan

Sassanids just declared global thermo nuclear war on me, it's all good though, cause pikes are ridicolous.

ME isn't even 2/3 done

Best Medieval 2 mods?

>>when you finally destroy traitorous Mazun
THE SPICE MUST FLOW

everyone. i have some bad news... look at this:

guys.... this is bad. 0% chance of norsca this year?

that's a 100% chance of DOOMWHEELS XD coming first... i.. i just can't do this anymore.

i've been a fantasy supporter since july of last year, when CA made the beastmen announcement.. but this is just.. t.. too much.

i just can't take the risk. i'm s-so sorry, but... this is the end. i wish it wasn't, but... but i just knew it was too good to be.. true. this is the end of the warhammer campaign.

i used to be a fantasy supporter, but after this... it looks like i'm gonna have to s... start shillin' for... his.

i'm now r-r-re-ready for.. his.. tory.....

Sure
>No guard mode
>Loose formation only present in a few units
>Broken AI that stays in place
>Phalanx not working like Rome 1, just melting anything that run into it instead of blocking and locking down infantry properly
>Sieges being shit
>Artillery having bugs in manual mode
>Bugged animations
>Units mashing together into a blob when clashing

If there are mods that fix those that would be fine too

I'm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

How would you improve crusade mechanic form Medieval 2?

WAIT
are you fucking shitting me? norsca AFTER tome kangs?
WTF is CA smoking like how the fuck is this even possible?

>people still reply to "mods are cheats" posting

>i used to be a X supporter, but after this

This really feels like it is based on some Hillary vs Trump copypasta or something

good, Kangz are way better

Because people get very defensive about things they know in their hearts to be true.

Mods ARE cheating, and should be illegal. They violate every copyright law imaginable.

They fucked up and are doing Norsca basically from scratch

might as well be called furnace mode cuz its gonna melt my fucking computer

Based wojakposter

nice

>tfw computer already melted
I guess this might be an excuse to get a better processor.

> No guard mode
They added something called 'formation mode' in a patch eventually that put guard mode into the game, but almost all major overhaul mods remove it because the AI doesn't know how to properly use it.
> Loose formation only present in a few units
I honestly don't remember if they fixed this, or even if this is the case in DEI. I very rarely use loose formation in TW beyond missile units.
> Broken AI that stays in place
Pretty much fixed as far as I can tell. I used to have this problem in Medieval 2 a lot too, so I've always played with the 60 minute battle time on. If I can't win the battle in 60 minutes I was never going to. But I haven't seen that behavior in Rome 2's AI anytime recently.
>Phalanx not working like Rome 1, just melting anything that run into it instead of blocking and locking down infantry properly
I know that was the case on release, there's a pretty fun webm floating around of 10 naked fanatics slamming into some silver shields and all dying. I know they tweaked that since release, but I can't say how it works in vanilla now. The DEI team spent ages balancing both the Macedonian and Hoplite phalanxes, and I think they're in a real good place now.
>Sieges being shit
I think I have a very high tolerance for sieges, since I actually like TW2 engine sieges. I might not be a good authority on this, but I think they're fine. minor settlements are just village battles with no walls. Major settlements have sieges like Medieval 2 where they have walls and you need to siege them and build equipment. The few major settlement sieges I've done have been enjoyable.
>Artillery having bugs in manual mode
This always seems kind of like a meme feature and I've never used it, so I can't really say.
>Bugged animations
It was worse on release but now its basically the same as Shogun 2. You've got the classic warscape jittering and matched combat shenanigans, but nothing that you wouldn't expect from any other warscape game.

>sponsored by Intel

are they going to be providing everyone with replacements when my processor sets my house on fire

MORE

Are there any good faction symbols mods for Rome 2? I wanted the Ancient Empires emblems, but they'll never release it.

Cont from >Units mashing together into a blob when clashing
Tweaked but again, I don't know how it is in vanilla. The DEI combat rebalance has done a very good job of having units retain formation and stay in line when appropriate. The formation mode button will help with this a lot if you play vanilla, since it's basically old guard mode.

Honestly I'm not sure if my answers help your or not, or make you want to get R2 or not. I do hope they were helpful though.

I'm inclined to buy it still, but I don't know what DEI means, is that a mod?

>play on legendary with full on t1 horsefucker army
>battles take an hour

>that bulge

That's not a bulge

Yeah, it's the biggest overhaul mod for Rome 2, and it's still in active development. It stands for "Divide et Impera". It is as Europa Barbarorum is to Rome 1 or Stainless Steel is to Medieval 2. It's just a big overhaul with tons of improvements.

Rome 2 will probably be 15 dollars in the winter sale this month, consider getting it then. I really don't know if its worth the full game price, but it's definitely worth 15 dollars.

Unfortunately

Sure user

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

what's a decent budget CPU for TW?

I have the FX6300 and it generally serves me well, but I'm thinking an upgrade is still in order

There is no budge yet

>i just get demoralized at losing territories

That is essentially only the real difficulty in a WRE campaign. Don't give up user.

sexual deviants leave

The loincloth is going between her legs
What you think is a bulge is the loincloth resting against her leg, and what you think is balls is her mound
You have been conditioned by Veeky Forums to see a dick where there is none

Women don't have 'mounds', they have dicks.

Fine I'll just draw my own Morathi lewds then, and I'm not sharing.

Can't beat the dick

I personally don't see a bulge, I just like futa.
please just kill me instead

At least the Southern Half of the map will be fun

It's too late
Dark Elves are in TWW2 now
Slaanesh will be in TWW3
Greeks have always been in the series

Don't worry user
Red Duke got me my Gromby code (even if a little late)
Red Duke made a mod for me (even if it took a while)
I'm sure he'll finish the story soon!

No they haven't. Greeks have never been in any Total War games.

Alexander: Total War when?

I need someone more motivated than me to make the "ARE YOU A GOD?' Norscan talking to the ctrl+v buttons, maybe with CA's face.

be the change you want to see in the world

Just interjecting into your conversation to shill for DEI as well.

I found R2 Spartan Edition on a big discount in the shop earlier this year. Played some vanilla and it was about as bland and uninteresting as I expected, but then as /twg/ told me I downloaded DEI and holy fuck is it an improvement. I'm a sucker for empire management so all the improvements to the camping are great, but it's simply impressive what they managed to do with the shitty R2 combat. I mean ffs, AI actually does non-idiotic stuff now, and they even ported flanking over from Attila.

are you retarded?

Are you? Most intelligent people know what capital letters are used for.

If what you said is true then I'm sold on the mod at least

>play Lizardmen
>Can't watch the battle up close because the camera is shaking like a MOTHERFUCKER
The fuck did they do

It's probably a mod you're using.

I'll basically pick up Empire Divided whenever they get around to implemented it into DEI. I can't go back to vanilla R2.

No
Try it yourself. It shakes with dinos

Playing right now. Smooth as silk.

Opinions on Brutal Battles? Does anyone here use it?

fascinating. most retards act like retards, retard

It's a good mod. You can turn off the new features (supply lines and class based population system) if you find them too tedious with submods. Pretty good shit.

That stuff seems interesting though, I'm willing to accept anything if they make the game more complex, satisfying and interesting

So you?

Also, they instantly implemented the sanitation and banditry from Empire Divided into DEI Grand Campaign. They'll probably do rebalancing for that in the future, but for now it's even more stuff to manage. And I love it, because working around limitations to create a working and self-sufficient system is a great way to waste countless hours I'll never get back.

If you want to play vanilla or almost-vanilla Roman TW, play Attila. It's really great. I'm using 4 small mods, one of which is mediterrean foliage improvement, one is camera improvement, one is a bugfix for Venedians (their farms don't work as described). The only one that actually changes gameplay is the AI colonization mod, which many will tell you is required to prevent all the world beside you turning into a wasteland. I'm actually having second thoughts about this tho, since small Eastern countries colonizing the western steppes and steamrolling into Europe from there is really fucking stupid.

is the meme dead now?

Fall of the Eagle full release soon friend. S-so very soon. I know a FOTEdevAnon has been posting about working on it recently but it'll still be a while.

True memes never die.

Both of them are in my wishlist actually, but I'm probably going to play R2 first as it is a bit older

sauce pls

there NEEDS to be far more wh smut than there is now, delfs were practically made for lewd purposes

Honestly? Unlike R2, I don't think Attila even needs it. I mean, so far I tried playing the whole FotE battles+Europa Peradita combination, and I just went back to vanilla after a while.

> Tomb Kings come out
> It's fantastic
> General recovers from Norsca fallout
> Tomb Kings poster keeps posting every thread
> Everyone laughs and assumes he's memeing
> He just keeps posting
> Laughter becomes more and more worried
> Warhammer 3 comes out
> Tomb Kings still not announced.gif
> China Total War comes out
> 40k Total War comes out
> The realization sinks in that Tomb Kings poster went irrecoverably insane waiting for Tomb Kings
> Even when /twg/ dies he will continue lurking this board, sporadically making /twg/ threads just to post

pffft. manlets never learn.

Nazrin is cute!

P R I N C E
R
I
N
C
E

A N D
N
D

E M P R A H
M
P
R
A
H

>green man gaming

Nice ""source"". Got a real one?

nah, he will just die when they are released/announced, like best elf poster did when that mommycore trailer for morathi came out

I never understood this meme.

>Tomb Kings probably not out until the end of January
>it is only the beginning of December

Just release them damn I want to play them already. CA is willing to release ME and full games in beta but not /ourfaction/? This is bullshit

Russians denying their government's participation in the invasion of Ukraine.

How the fuck Skullmasherz who never even saw High Elves are being able to invite them to war against me?

fug :DDDDD

Disabled every mod
I'm going to puke

What's a good processor for TWWH? I haven't upgraded mine in years.

did you go into the options to see if there are things to turn it off?

An Intelâ„¢ processor is a must, especially if you want to use the new Total War: Warhammer 2 - Laboratory Mode (sponsored by Intelâ„¢)

Yeah I hate the blood addon.

I always get the mod that makes it more moderate.

Intel is the only one that works now. Everything else is unoptimized as fuck.

I9 7900X