Jobs to middle class

On average:
1960s - 6th grade education and one can go into middle class
1970s to 1980s - High School education and one can get into middle class
1990s to 2003~ - Any undergrad degree and one can get into middle class
2004~ - 2012~ - Any Trade School, Engineering, CS, other specific undergrad degrees like Business could get you into middle class
2013~ - Current - Specific Trade School; Undergrad: Engineering, CS, maybe business finance/Accounting; Have to get a Masters/MBA for other specific degrees. Can eventually get into middle class after working and paying off college debt

How come getting a job in job market is getting harder and harder? Is middle class just a dream now?

>paying off college debt
>college debt
>paying for your education

lmao

> women join the workforce (more supply, i.e. wages drop)
> globalization (outsourcing, H1B visas, international competitions, etc., i.e. wages drop)
> technological progress (jobs can be done or at least be supported by technology)

>Is middle class just a dream now?

As an employee most are fucked, the share of GDP going to employees peaked in the 1950s. Got to be the BOSS.

Training to become a male nurse here (don't laugh plz), how fucked am I?

Not as fucked as most

Automation and digitalization, mostly.

only memecoins can get you to the middle class now

Yes, the middle class no longer exists and is a meme.

should i join a vocational school

>working
buy DOPE nigga.

>How come getting a job in job market is getting harder and harder? Is middle class just a dream now?

It used to be that manufacturing was the ladder from the lower to the lower-middle class, but that was wipe out in the West due to conscious decisions (ie, neoliberal policies, free trade agreements, exporting jobs to low labor wage nations, cultural efforts to depict blue collar work as inherently lesser than white collar, etc.)

I strongly urge reading "Made in the USA: The Rise and Retreat of American Manufacturing" by Vaclav Smil for a better picture of what this looks like. The general principle applies in Europe.

You'll notice Germany and the Swiss have partially escaped this through Mittelstands and highly-developed apprenticeship programs.

Umm, idk what third world country your writing from but here in Europe you don't need to do these things to be middle class

NAFTA.

>I make 25k a year why would I want a house or a family one day

If you believe Trump is going to bring the jobs back yes.
Machinist, tech vocations involving hands on assembly/repair of technical equipment used in factories/hospitals, bulding trades for those who don't mind busting your ass

>If you believe Trump is going to bring the jobs back yes.
those jobs never left.
maintaining and on-site assembling are still things, they always have been.

You're thinking of manufacturing. Not just manufacturing, but manufacturing from 70 years ago. Those jobs don't require vocational school and they're not coming back.

So you don't think Trump can (or will)cut deals like the one India cut with Apple IPhones or bring manufacturing back with tariffs from China Mexico ect

Not him, but no. Not to the scale necessary to satisfy the population.

Plus, you have to account for:
a) Automation of these jobs. Robots are cheaper and more efficient for car assembly than line workers
b) Taxation and spending. Building on a), why hire workers that you have to insure and deal with additional onerous regulations, when you have robots?
c) Costs. Bringing back those jobs doesn't mean they're cheaper. Pajeet in India can and will still do it for a lower cost than Joe in the US. Someone has to swallow the labor cost because Joe wants a higher wage and lives in the US of A. The company would probably pass it onto the consumer. Or we would have to impose tariffs on the materials used to build things. Or tariffs on exporting these goods. Or others. This will lead to a lot of angry people who will either still take the jobs elsewhere, or vote against Trump in 2020.

It goes on. Its a huge task. Maybe it could be done, assuming an iron will and political capital. But he's too busy playing golf every other weekend.

Lower classes are fucked over the long-term.

You might even get ahead your peers, as testosterone gives you more willpower.

We have transitioned to a service economy. A service economy needs training/education.

The world grew up dumbass

In the 1960's we were just finally having urban population outnumber rural for the first time and half the world's industrial centers were still bombed out shells rebuilding on US loan money

If you life was as simple and mundane as people in the 60's you could afford to live like them on a shit salary.

Nurses will always be in demand.
You'll be dead ended with how far you can climb, but you'll never be out of a job.

That was always a dream. You either born to wealth or cash quick. Taxes are too high and rising, disposable income are shrinking. All western world same thing. About half murricans are barely survining living paycheck to paycheck.

Most of the wealth is tied to real estate which have started it long lasting but graduate downhill. Rates will begin to rise quicker. That will destroy many individuals. Then mainly murricans have the student debt problem on top of that, literally walking into a lifelong bankcruptcy if you start now studies and take a remarkable loan

Never mind aboutStay at home be a NEET play vidya fap whatever
depressed me

High school degree.

Made 60k cooking a year fast forward a few year
Make 70k a year killing bugs

Somehow we all fell for the "globalization and automation will always create as many or more jobs than they take away" meme and sold off all our jobs to make our wealthiest even more wealthy.

>Pajeet in India can and will still do it for a lower cost than Joe in the US
Well, yeah, if whether or not the program works is irrelevant, sure. Pajeets always create incredibly high maintenance costs. You have to buy more hardware/licenses, you lose a tone of time/money cleaning up after their constant fuckups, and everything feature/change request takes 10 times as many paid hours as it should.

>Someone has to swallow the labor cost because Joe wants a higher wage and lives in the US of A. The company would probably pass it onto the consumer.
And it won't be executives or shareholders. Their take is sacrosanct, chiseled into stone tablets handed down by almighty God himself. That's where so much right-wing economics falls apart. It refuses to cut that fat or require behavioral changes (improve your product instead of obfuscating your fee structure). And then it throws up its hands and says "American workers are just too greedy/lazy to work 20-hour days for a nickel! It's all government's fault because I'm perfect!"