Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU: a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no /sqg/

>/sqg/

>Setrian Qdyssey General

can you stop being fucking retarded for once OP

EOV was a mistake. The Japanese were right about it.

IV was a mistake. V was fixing that mistake.

t. 3bab

Wrong but at least Atlus is dropping the series now so that will fix the mistake. EOIV was the chemo but they failed to follow it up.

3=1=5>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this has to be bait

Signed: 4babby.

No, tahts how I feel. Okay, maybe I went a little bit too far and its just 1=3=5>2>4 instead.

>people that like 4 are the same people that like fates and awakening
that explains so much

Newfag here, what's wrong with 4?

But I like NDS Etrians and V more than IV and I like Fates and Awakening.

How you explain this now?

>tfw you're so close but so far
Thanks to the guy who recommended I run Elemancer instead of Omnimancer, Abating Chant + Hailstorm + Cutting Costs is really powerful for something that costs barely any TP..
I can keep the fight under control for the most part, but my entire strategy fails when it wipes all my buffs.
Losing Chain Plus, Amplifier, and Ruinous Prayer means my offense is gone, and losing Exorcism Prayer means my defense is gone.
Shortly after the buff wipe, my entire team falls apart from the status spam.
Lockdown sort of works, but my only option for that is Chain Blast, which only lasts a few turns and takes ages to recharge, especially with the fact that I have to use Aegis Shield on turn 1.
I also figured out that the sword on the left parries on turns that are multiples of 4, but I haven't figured out when the elemental shield happens.

Sorry for the wall of text, but can I get more advice, friends?

Only 3 floors per stratum (THREE) + few small "side dungeons" of one floor each, shitty world map, dimishing returns on skills, subclasses can rise skills only to half of their max level, beginning of damage/HP inflation, cause eyes bleed on N3DS.

you had a stroke after playing 4 due to how shit it was and as a result liked fates and awakening later

How about trying to put one of the parts to sleep or otherwise disable it on turn 1?

Instead of boring and repetitive tedium of going through 5 floors of linear corridors to get a boss fight which are the only interesting fights in EO.

Also:

>While the Devourer is at high health, each part operates in a set pattern. However, when the Devourer falls under 60% HP, the parts begin to act more randomly, preferring to use a random move it has yet to make in the past two turns. Take note that any one part will not use the same skill twice in a row, and utilize this behaviour to plan around Parry or Elemental Decoy which can halt your damage progress. If, at any point, the Star Devourer is asleep, panicking, or petrified, the parts will not act until that ailment is lifted.

bosses are by far the worst parts of eo, exemplified best by every game other than 3 having absolute dogshit boss themes in otherwise amazing soundtracks

>Plays dungeon crawler game
>Dislikes dungeon crawling

Seriously?

you must love 2u's 30 minute long hp bloat boss fights then

Sanctum fag pls

Im here, you accuse the wrong guy.

How do we solve the 4sperm problem?

By not acting like a melting snowflake whenever someone has a different taste than yours.

t. 4sperm

From a lobster to a golem, I'm stuck again. I do fine on the start of the battle but there's a point where he keeps fusing instead of attacking and I can't heal fast enough to tank the explosions.

post boobs

Whats your team? Maybe we can help.

I'm the same newfag as before.
Dragoon / Masurao / Harbinger / Necromancer / Botanist.

I've been retrying for the past few hours trying out different strategies but it usually all comes down to explosions, as even with elemental def ups my party still takes significant damage that I need to heal up to tank the stomp and the fire punch.

I haven't tried that yet, but wouldn't it be better to just Aegis Shield turn 1 anyway?
Explosion makes it lose the extra parts, so the difference would be fighting either a part-less but healthy SD on turn 2, or a disabled but fully-assembled SD.

>unpredictable
fuck
Then is there anything I can do to at least prevent the buff wipe?
That's really what fucks me over.

>he thinks linear corridors without traps, trapdoors, locks and puzzles are dungeons

what the actual fuck

Spam AoE to kill small golems.

Will try and send results.

Nice headcanon.

>V doesn't have puzzles
Then why do people keep asking how to get to 16F?

>dungeons need artificial difficulty

Hint: use Defend. I know it sounds as useless as a normal attack, but it really isn't. It cuts all damage in half, so with a good elemental buff (and possibly Mana Guard), you'll survive easily. I couldn't kill Golem after like 7 tried because I insisted on killing the little golems and that took too much time and TP so I ended up dying. What I recommend is for you to completely ignore them and attack the main body, when it regains all its parts, defend, then repeat until it's dead. Once I changed my strategy to that, I killed it on the first try, so consider this approach. Granted, I had high damage thanks to my Pug, but I believe you can get similar damage with Chains.

Oh fuck, sorry, I though you were the guy running a Fencer. Then nevermind.

>see that EO5 has been released somewhere
>run across the city looking for a copy, spend 3 hours and finally found a shady place that had 2 left while they were sold out all over
>Return home
>Comfy times
Still in the forest, just landed on the 4th floor running with a Dragoon, Pugilist, Botanist, Warlock and a Rover and it's pretty good. I love it that it doesn't have the forced story elements and I can just sit back and enjoy the dungeon crawling at my own pace.
What team setup you guys running with?

>subclasses can rise skills only to half of their max level
That's a good thing though.

the dungeon itself should be half the challenge, otherwise it's casual.

Princess or Monk?

Monk subclassed as Princess.

Erect 2 wall tiles before 4 small bunny statues in boss room before fight, it will reduce number of reinforcements.

Defend on first turn, then have Dragoon use Mana Guard when Golem is about to explode.

Ignore the small dudes, focus on body. Use Freeze Oil on Masauro weapon and use her (I hope you dont play males, right? :3) as your main damage source. While body is resistant to any aliments, small guys are not and when they fuse, they also carry the aliments, so Wilting Miasma + Para Reap on small golems can make body paralyzed for easier fight and bonus conditional drop. Debuff with Stifling Miasma for lower damage, Wraith Cry for increased damage (overall defense debuffs are golden in this game and vital since mid-game).

Maybe its just me but I feel like your party is too much focused on defense and support and too little on damage dealing. V, like other 3DS Etrians punish players for not having enough damage output. And for not bringing binds and aliments into the fight.

My first party was similar to yours just with Shaman instead of Botanist.
Worked quite well but against the last level cap boss and the final post-game boss damage was a bit low.
Still managed to beat both, though.

Cursed image, do not open.

I enjoyed that.

What exactly does the FM Synth Aranged Sounds add to the game? does it add alternative themes or allow you to switch between BGMs?

I seriously need to update my guild card but thats how it looked like three weeks ago. They are now level 70.

>see that EO5 has been released somewhere

Meanwhile, in my country it still didnt. Im really glad that I ordered my copy from Amazon instead.

This. Best healer in 3, period. Monk class skill + Princess healing buff for row = one of the best healings in game.

When I think about it, yeah, EO could really make more use of damage tiles, turning tiles and add classic stuff like dark zones or constant poison during fight. NDS EOs, especially first one, had really good maps.

Anti-skill zones wouldnt work since it would require lowering the bar for encounters so you can autoattack them to death or separate skills from magic.

EO3U SOON, BROTHERS!

Type the name of the EO1 hexer with your eyes closed.

ANd since previous thread probably wont reach the 750 posts, here is EO Cloud made from it. Enjoy!

>etrian nice person
:)

tkachgtka

Fug.

Walking onahole

Fuck...

Yup, that's exactly my fucking problem. I run out of mana and can't kill before running out of mana.
Hitting the small dudes instead gave me more success actually, as they're easier to kill with my smaller damage, but I eventually ran out of mana and then they could just reform and I didn't have any mana to defend myself against kabooms.
I'll try the Oil thing now and use Wilting Miasma more.

Wait shit.
Happens that I didn't put any points into Stifling Miasma.

I switched it up a bit just now, trying out some of the games features. Swapped my Warlock > Shaman and got in a Harbinger

Do the guild cards do anything big in particular?
At least I'm happy they localized and released the game at all. fucking love me some EO but somehow always slips under the radar.

Remember that Wilting Miasma only increase odds of landing aliment or bind so if you dont want to try to carry them on body by inflicting them on small golems, it will be useless.

Golem can still summon help with "Summon Ally" skill so wiping out all small golems will only slow down the process of calling them back. I suggested Oil because he is weak to Ice (and Bash) attacks.

I can kinda relate since I was always prefering "turtle up" strategy in EO, but 3DS Etrians have much higher HP values, especially on FOEs or bosses than NDS ones so its not really viable. Really, since mid-game or even around second stratum, you HAVE to start disabling enemies or wipe them quickly or you will be wiped yourself. Thats why binds and aliments are so important. Prevention is more important now than healing up since you wont outheal the damage in most cases.

Same shit happened to me when I was playing IV and couldnt kill Heavenbringer until I swapped team members for more offensive orientated versions and finally brought it down because I had not enough firepower to kill arms in time before.

Luckily, there are bind/aliments items in shop to cover whatever you might miss. For example, my own team always lacked head binds but was making it up with Chain Blast union skill and Head Bind item.

also, my guild card if anyone is interested

Strategy?
I just picked the cutest girls, man. And now I am facing the consequences for my choices.

I'm grinding a bit to reach Lv 15 with every single one of my party members before trying again with what you suggested me though. Is reclassing now worth it so I can get more damage?

Guild Cards only do anything for the first four strata.

Don't follow user's example, you can export an image file by pressing A at the qr code screen then move it to your computer

>Do the guild cards do anything big in particular?

Same as before - free party members that however dont levelup and their equipment cant be adjusted, recruitable once at least one of your own dudes have equal or higher level. Good for trying out different strategies if you dont want to levelup your own guys or training new members - since they dont get experience, they dont count in exp splitting so with three of such guys and two of your own, game will split experience from fight only among that two. Thats how I rapidly advanced backup team members from level 30 to 70 while farming money on 26F. If you want somebody in particular, you can try asking for card with that member but mostly on reddit.

Also, guilds from cards you collected show up in dungeon at certain events. If you dont have any, its always same generic NPC guild.

Just make sure you look at cards from your region. Sadly, they fucked up and game is not as popular in EU ;_;

Between food, the healing of the doggo and all the passives Herald Shaman later gets healing is super easy in EOV.
Dragoon, Shaman and Botanist sounds like utter overkill to me in the support department.

If you ever met Conrad of the Freeblade guild - there are a ton of events that feature him.
If you have guild cards you can meet the guilds on these instead during these events.

And you can safe your guild card to your SD card at the inn to produce a version that can actually be read - the QR code scanner is a bit finnicky with the EOV codes even if they are in the best format so a photo will likely not work for anyone.

As always, you adapt, not give up. Your team is heavy on def and support but you might still figure something out. Or swap one or two members. This general is overal helpful on party building and I got much help before myself.

Remember to plan with skill sim: waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html

It's amazing how everything but the last two words are completely wrong in this post. It's almost as if this place has tried to design what is scientifically the most incorrect post maybe of all time here.

How many more days until EOU3 is announced again?

I'd say somewhere in the first half of 2018

that post is objectively correct though

How does Altar interact with Black Mist? Since Black Mist is like a one turn debuff on the enemy you use Black Mist on the turn altar is set to activate right?

>master1200

Stop posting this, thanks

On the turn it lands

Let's agree on some rules to this thread. I'll start
1. You're not allowed to post that image of teach taunting her enemies with her tongue out

2. Everyone pretending that EOIV was bad need to self-eject from /eog/ for life.

it wasnt a bad game, it was just a bad etrian game

3. Teach is good. Fang is evil.

I'll check it out, cheers.

I'm EU so that's at least one more. Do you have any tips on some early leveling for characters besides that? I'd like to mess around with them and class swap/reset skills a bit before heading into the 2nd stratum with a core group

>If you have guild cards you can meet the guilds on these instead during these events.
sounds neat

So if I want to make KonoSuba party, I have to make Harbringer that will only use Explosion skill from top scythe, bunny Botanist, earthlain Fencer and Shield Dragoon with maxed Shield Throw?

>bunny Botanist
...Because Aqua is dumb?

>Do you have any tips on some early leveling for characters besides that?

Other than EXP DLC? :3

The only powerleveling technique comes late (Zombie Powder aka instantdeath on Sonar Worms in 4th Stratum and on those ugly FOEs on 26F in postgame 6th Stratum), aside from that you can only utilize either Harbringer Soul Gatherer with Masauro New Challanger (2x exp + battles with high chance to run into rare breed), but just New Challanger should be enough.

Dumb as bunny.

>Other than EXP DLC? :3
is it that good? I mean, I would be interested in the DLC if it wasn't so extremely vague about what I am actually buying. No option to preview what it gives, just a small line of text

It's insane
You do a quest, where you kill a 1F monster (which gives a fuckload of xp), you get an xp accessory, and some xp vials which multiply the exp you get from a battle

>leaves and emu rape babies
nu-eo was a mistake

Prime shitposting

post nene

nene is _ene

No