/xgg/ - Xenogames General #19

Previous Thread: >Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>XB2 General FAQ
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>Xenoblade 2 'Info' Doc. Please help contibute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7ilgo9/tiger_tiger_what_i_have_learned/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this the only way to get across for this mission? it takes like 6 focus and 6 ice mastery, which seems like a lot for this point in the game.

If you take the correct route there's a precarious ice pillar that you can push over to form a bridge, no skill check required. Place is called Twin Pillars on the map.

Reminder to love Floren as much as (s)he loves you!

I use Perceval on Rex.

>just entered the old factory warehouse
Train girl soon?

Rare Blade T-elos DLC when?

Those post game blues man xenoblade 3 when? Also after you leave Klauses room for the first time theres those 4 circles and the camera focus on one I guess to represent Shulks world. Does that mean there’s 2 more worlds/universes of importance?

Reposting

#4 is from an auction on the first floor of argentum
#3 is from an NPC on the flight deck

What's the most exciting thing the nopon wants for the tome?

Would you

There's no (s). That's a guy.

yeah i got past that part, but now i'm on the next pillar and i can't see anywhere else to go from here. there's a stairway leading down on the pillar to the north beyond this skill check but I'm not seeing any other way to get there. maybe i went too far and there's another stairway down somewhere? i've just been wandering around for like half an hour.

You should be able to make your way down on that pillar.

QTπ is so cool, until she says her own name when she comes out

but there are only two Klauses though right? all three processors are used too

got any Tiger Tiger tips?

yes

found it. thanks

> imouto/daughteru > Meido > loyal nee-san
Do you agree with Tora's progression in taste?

Is there really no monster encyclopedia in the game? Can't find any for all the blade level up things.

Im retarded. Does Fan la Norne come back via flashbacks or whatever after she dies?

maid is shit
final form and base form are tied

does anyone have a webm of qtπ dancing

Anyone got a screenshot of Morag talking about stealing her little brother's underwear?

by playing the tank instead

Also for those who care, I maxed Poppi QTs affinity chart and got items worth 8000 WP total.

Does... does Nia have the power of super cancer?
Jesus Takahashi.

Well, in theory, all healing magic in anything should. He just seems to be the first to have figured it out, despite it really being obvious

what was the point of the detour back to gormott before going to mor ardain
what was the point of the emperor dying and coming back to life 5 seconds later

To show that he was an idiot that should not be in combat, to pass on the blade, and to further hint at spoiler

Oh look I've got a shield that will protect everyone, lemme run out and jump on the grenade just in case.

To show Blade Nia

To get Morag his Blade and so he can go through "you know what maybe I should just stick around my castle, you go do stuff sis" that and nia

When X is ported to the switch will they finally let us toggle off Wir Fliegen since that's all you ever hear once you get good? Uncontrollable is a way better song

It seems she has a good degree of control over her healing, so it's not just some kind of black magic like in many other settings.
That's pretty brutal though, but she can practically resurrect people so it's not surprising I guess.
Also cancer is caused by mutated cells spreading. Here she just have them multiply rapidly, essentially making the flesh explode.

Just started playing Xenoblade 2, are you supposed to abuse the attack animation cancel, by tapping any direction after the attack registers (number shows up)? I can't stop using this, since it charges abilities at least twice as fast.

Just got Torigoth Mural, no clue what it does though.

That's going to be what you do at the early game, though it isn't really needed for the most part. Later you will want to let it cycle around to the third auto attack simply for the increased damage canceling it brings to your arts. Pouch items will let arts recharge on their own, so you won't need to move attack move attack to get them up fast.

I went for Lv.5 Dev in Indol, what are the 2 quests?
I don't think she dances. I've been watching her for like 5 minutes. She just stands there.
it's depressing...

I have Dev 5 Indol and it has 4 quests.

She totally dances

>20,000 points for level 5

So basically just stop doing merc missions after you get to 4, right? Because I'm more than 70% through this game and I just broke 8k.

Can't say I haven't.

Just got to chapter 4 and im broke as fuck.

What salvage point are people grinding? Because Im pretty sure im having a net loss from this one near the start of the area.

if only merc missions would continue by real time not game time.

Given the opening of the last chapter does the whole story happens on Mira? The shapes of the continents makes it sure it isn't earth and we only know a small part of Mira.

Make sure you aren't full on boosters. I thought I was making a loss too and then realized the higher amount trade in was grayed out because I had too many boosters to accept more. Sell or use the boosters on summons and then sell the bigger groups for some 10-25k each.

No. just proceed, the game will address that plot part

Dont boosters sell for like 5g a piece?

So how do you guys handle aggro? Do you invest in aggro up/down accessories? Or do you just wait for the AI to pick it up again? Some movesets dont have any aggro down skills

I've already finished the game, they take a good care of never saying Earth.

Oh Im fucking retarded and forgot about the trade and in have been direct selling the items.

God damn Im dumb

Yes they aren't worth shit, but you can only have 5 of each at a time and most of the salvage bundles give you boosters as a reward. As such if your inventory of them is full you can't trade in the good salvage tiers.

It's just another annoying decision they made.

equip aggro up accessories on your tank and an aggro stealth accessory on your attacker

I got level 5 days ago and I've still got even more merc missions I haven't done.

Get some contracts.

There are store deeds to increase how many boosters you can hold, up to a maximum of 25 of each.

I don't believe it is on Mira unless it is in a distant past. Klaus is definitely from Earth and he pretty much confirmed what happened to it after the conduit experiment. On the flip side, Elma pretty much confirmed several times Earth got literally annihilated due to the confrontation between Ganglion and the Ghosts. Furthemore, the dogfight outside of Klaus' orbital base didn't show any alien-like mechs. Most were pretty similar to the Siren type.

It is possible the conduit somehow left the earth dimension and reached Mira, but as far as the setup goes, the original planet in XB2 can't be Mira

I haven't managed to get anymore deeds since the first despite how I keep buying everything out. I am doing merc missions to unlock all the extra buy options as well. I am only just now early into Mor Ardain though so maybe I just need to wait for more stuff to unlock.

I'm one mission away from level 5.
Just set your console sleep time to 2 hours and put people in whenever you can make a few minutes of free time.

Thanks for the heads up, does that include merc stuff?
Something must be up with my game, she just stands there.

>Stellar Explosion
>we all die from full health in the duration of 1 launch
:))) really great

So I just got to the Letherian Archipelago. How long does Morag stick around? I noticed that she can use core crystals unlike Vandham but I don't want to waste any crystals.

it's an average of like 150 merc points per hour long mission, 3 missions per team, and I've got 12,000 more points to go. I should hit level 5 in about 26 hours.
Unfortunately, I'll probably reach the end of the game in the next 10.

If you can roll on them, they're a permanent party member

She's permanent. There are a couple of really brief missions in chapter 6 where she leaves temporarily, but feel free to start using your cores on her.

She'll leave for a small bit towards the end of the chapter and be with you through the rest of the game for chapter 6 onward. It's fine to start putting stuff on her now.

Absolutely

Post your high scores

Someone on reddit wrote a good Tiger Tiger strategy guide.
reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7ilgo9/tiger_tiger_what_i_have_learned/
>inb4 "you have to go back XD"

I've been wondering.
What was the point of the beanstalk, the space station and the conduit? Like what were they trying to do there? And why is everyone at war?

Resources

Regarding Nia.
Did her "father" force her to eat her "sister"/driver? It sure seems like it. Especially after Jin confirms that the name Flesh-Eater is literal.

Is Ursula or Boreas better as a back up healer on Rex?

Is Jin the most fucked up Xeno character? He ate his waifus heart and keeps her body around.

I'm quite sure he was a bit of a daughtercon so when she was dying or just straight up dead he made Nia eat her so she could take over being his "daughter"

I prefer Ursula's weapon, but it's much easier to fill out Boreas' affinity grid.

Given the name of the rebels it sounds like it was more than that.

It sounds like he spent all of his money on looking for a blade that looked the closest possible to his daughter to make her eat her when she dies.

>Just realized you can convert Poppi's spare chips into ether

I feel dumb

Yes, as her sister was dying, he wanted Nia to eat her because the process does transfer something from the one being eaten to the Blade. He considered it the only way for his daughter to live as a part of Nia and so Nia became his daughter. This of course fucked up Nia a lot, since her 'father' didn't actually care about her at all and only his daughter. Then later she was hunted for something she had no real choice in, further fucking her up.

Name?

>when you realize you can use Right stick to move around the affinity grid

Does weather influence salvaging?
Because I'm farming at dock #2 and for some reason I keep getting level 45 urchin enemies instead of the usual level 25 crabs.
Still only using standard cylinders.

How

Yes it does.

Saviorites, sounds religious enough.

Reminder that it's never to early to grind those core crystals!

So I fucked up and got Finch on Rex and Perceval on Zeke
Which one should I give to Morag on priority?

Outside I use an Outdoor Damage V on Morag. Inside I'll use a Damage Type (insect/mech/etc). Also try to combo off your tank as much as possible.

Press Y when you select hover over her crafting menu.

>He wouldn't eat his waifus heart to be one with her

>It sounds like he spent all of his money on looking for a blade that looked the closest possible to his daughter to make her eat her when she dies.

Not quite. Nia's power is healing. He spent all his money looking for her for sure, but only because he was hoping that her power could save his daughter. She probably did give his daughter a few more years of life and was considered a part of the family, but Nia couldn't cure the disease, only reverse some of the damage it caused.

I'd say Finch, it allows Morag to cover another status with hammers and you get 2 tanking katana as part of the story/quests.

I LOVE YOU TOO NIA

Is there a list of Unique Monster locations for Zenobia's affinity chart?

Oh right, I completely forgot to look at it like that I just assumed that since she couldn't bring her back like the emperor, her healing was 100% ineffective on her..

Mecha Lila(Rosa) scene was fucking glorious. The whole part was glorious and easily some of the best moments.

I've started on one with the nearest fast travel points but I'm playing pretty slowly.

Thanks, user.
I'd recommed putting it in the doc in the OP so more people can add to it as well.

Poppi is a national treasure.

How far into chapter 5 is the Zekenator?
I'd like to rush a bit, but if he's literally the very end it'll be a pain